Clock off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually reading the Bible, "truly" reading it, changed a world of things for me. I would love to hear about what you experienced.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reading the Bible is one of the reasons I left the religion.

Then read secular historical reports about the unexplainable darkness at His crucifixion.

The Darkness During the Crucifixion

And then when He gives you pause for why you should reconsider Jesus, then ask God for wisdom in learning about Him in His words in the King James Bible, because christianity would have have existed if He had not risen at all.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Actually reading the Bible changed a world of things for me. I would love to hear about what you experienced.
Yes it shades your view of everything, there's no colours in the Bible. I just can't see humans as dirty rotten scoundrel's anymore.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no offense, but why would i want to read something that has obviously led you to Death More Abundantly?

I do believe you meant offense after all. Kind of hard to take you seriously from now on.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it shades your view of everything, there's no colours in the Bible. I just can't see humans as dirty rotten scoundrel's anymore.

I was a fan of Allison Mack in her portrayal of Chloe Sullivan in CW's network TV show Smallville as being Clark's true blue friend that kept his secret when he didn't know that she had known he had superpowers.

In real life, she got involved in a violent sex cult as a recruiter. You can do a search on the internet to learn more.

Needless to say, I was disappointed, but it is par per the course for humans as dirty rotten scoundrel or for short... sinners.. as we all are and why I need Jesus as my Savior to save me from my sins and love others as I should, and not just rest in Him that I have eternal life by simply believing in Him when I was saved.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was a fan of Allison Mack in her portrayal of Chloe Sullivan in CW's network TV show Smallville as being Clark's true blue friend that kept his secret when he didn't know that she had known he had superpowers.

In real life, she got involved in a violent sex cult as a recruiter. You can do a search on the internet to learn more.

Needless to say, I was disappointed, but it is par per the course for humans as dirty rotten scoundrel or for short... sinners.. as we all are and why I need Jesus as my Savior to save me from my sins and love others as I should, and not just rest in Him that I have eternal life by simply believing in Him when I was saved.
I'm not stupid, I know the awful thing's humans are capable of, but I'm not riding off their better qualities.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have actually found myself, and many answers to questions that plagued me when I was a Christian. Life is simpler now that I don't have beliefs like hell fire hanging over my head. I connect better with people now that I'm not concerned with sin nature.

This gives me rest and peace.

Read through some of your post. Sounds like you were hit hard with religion. Good you founds answers and freedom. Although I hate you let man define your relationship with Him by telling you how you will never measure up and will burn in hell. Been there too; in danger of burning eternally in hell. Right now Klove(a Christian radio station) is doing their annual plea for tithes to keep their station going. They go from playing the frozen song "Let it Go" referring to letting go of your cash and if that doesn't work, then there is the favored manipulation of "faith without works is dead" meaning "if you don't give us money then you have no faith."

Just so you know: I have peace and joy ...and a relationship with God. It is based off Him, not me. Very freeing when you stop trying to earn grace and forgiveness and just accept it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Read through some of your post. Sounds like you were hit hard with religion. Good you founds answers and freedom. Although I hate you let man define your relationship with Him by telling you how you will never measure up and will burn in hell. Been there too; in danger of burning eternally in hell. Right now Klove(a Christian radio station) is doing their annual plea for tithes to keep their station going. They go from playing the frozen song "Let it Go" referring to letting go of your cash and if that doesn't work, then there is the favored manipulation of "faith without works is dead" meaning "if you don't give us money then you have no faith."

Just so you know: I have peace and joy ...and a relationship with God. It is based off Him, not me. Very freeing when you stop trying to earn grace and forgiveness and just accept it.
Having peace and contentment doesn't make either of us right.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2190
So many questions, and not enough time to ask them all. I guess I'll ask the most pressing question.

Why is it that Christian's want me to be saved? In fact every Christian I've ever met will almost do anything to get me around to their way of thinking. They're not even interested in getting to know me, they just want to tell me about Jesus so bad it blind's them.

I mean, how can you get to know someone honestly if you have an agenda? The last Christian I talked to in the real world chewed my ear off right in front of my friend. It was "Jesus this and church that and pray pray pray my friend" He didn't even have the manners to join in the current conversion my friend and I were having. He certainly walked off without a clue about the both of us, but we both had a pretty good idea what this guy's intention was.

I'd probably have a few Christian friends, if they weren't so determined to convert me or anyone else I knew. If they could Just chill and have some fun instead of thinking everyone is in some sort of emergency.

Your saved, right? So what you fussing about.

Total understanding, There used to be a saying, these people come at you with A 90 pound Scholfield, trying to beat salvation into your head.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not stupid, I know the awful thing's humans are capable of, but I'm not riding off their better qualities.

Well, you had me going there.

I just can't see humans as dirty rotten scoundrel's anymore.

For a moment, you sounded like you had the easy life where nobody had done you wrong. I suppose it could be possible that you have been around people only showing the better angels, but anyway, thanks for the clarification.

You had posted earlier:

I have actually found myself, and many answers to questions that plagued me when I was a Christian. Life is simpler now that I don't have beliefs like hell fire hanging over my head. I connect better with people now that I'm not concerned with sin nature.

This gives me rest and peace.

If you were a christian, why would the beliefs of hellfire be hanging over your head? That doesn't make sense.

As for the sin nature, if you are not concern about it, it can get worse and worse where it may reach the point of no return that you would not even care to ask Jesus to save you from your sins.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

No christian nor even a former believer can lose their salvation, but this is why God is coming to judge His House first at the pre great rapture event so that those not abiding in Him shall be disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper BUT still considered His even though left behind because they have His seal and will be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House testifying to the power of God in salvation for all those that believed even in His name.

So you are still saved, but you are called to depart from this iniquity of unbelief and sin by looking to Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd for help in following Him or risk being left behind to face the calamity of fire coming on the earth and as a result, the coming great tribulation. 2 Timothy 2:18-21 & 2 Timothy 2:10-13

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well, you had me going there.

For a moment, you sounded like you had the easy life where nobody had done you wrong. I suppose it could be possible that you have been around people only showing the better angels, but anyway, thanks for the clarification.

You had posted earlier:

If you were a christian, why would the beliefs of hellfire be hanging over your head? That doesn't make sense.

As for the sin nature, if you are not concern about it, it can get worse and worse where it may reach the point of no return that you would not even care to ask Jesus to save you from your sins.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

No christian nor even a former believer can lose their salvation, but this is why God is coming to judge His House first at the pre great rapture event so that those not abiding in Him shall be disqualified to attend the Marriage Supper BUT still considered His even though left behind because they have His seal and will be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House testifying to the power of God in salvation for all those that believed even in His name.

So you are still saved, but you are called to depart from this iniquity of unbelief and sin by looking to Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd for help in following Him or risk being left behind to face the calamity of fire coming on the earth and as a result, the coming great tribulation. 2 Timothy 2:18-21 & 2 Timothy 2:10-13
Actually, many people caused me deep sorrow, and I thought that all people were bad (Which attracted me to Christianity) My own daughter took me to court, because she believed I was going to kill her when I was psychotic.
I could have taken the easy road and accepted that everyone is lost and that they all need Jesus. But I didn't take that road, I don't have to, there are other options.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, many people caused me deep sorrow, and I thought that all people were bad (Which attracted me to Christianity) My own daughter took me to court, because she believed I was going to kill her when I was psychotic.
I could have taken the easy road and accepted that everyone is lost and that they all need Jesus. But I didn't take that road, I don't have to, there are other options.

You do not seem to think much of those other options if you bury that in the lede of this discussion.

I'll pray for you. That is about all I can do at this point when you sound like you aren't really looking for answers but had your mind made up about something for whatever those other options are that you seem to think is the better news than the Good News in Jesus Christ.

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You do not seem to think much of those other options if you bury that in the lede of this discussion.

I'll pray for you. That is about all I can do at this point when you sound like you aren't really looking for answers but had your mind made up about something for whatever those other options are that you seem to think is the better news than the Good News in Jesus Christ.
I just said that I had questions, why do you think that the answers would lead me back to God. That in a nut shell is my argument, like that guy who assumed that he alone had the answers.

Reactions: brakelite