Clock off.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
giphy-downsized-large.gif
So many questions, and not enough time to ask them all. I guess I'll ask the most pressing question.

Why is it that Christian's want me to be saved? In fact every Christian I've ever met will almost do anything to get me around to their way of thinking. They're not even interested in getting to know me, they just want to tell me about Jesus so bad it blind's them.

I mean, how can you get to know someone honestly if you have an agenda? The last Christian I talked to in the real world chewed my ear off right in front of my friend. It was "Jesus this and church that and pray pray pray my friend" He didn't even have the manners to join in the current conversion my friend and I were having. He certainly walked off without a clue about the both of us, but we both had a pretty good idea what this guy's intention was.

I'd probably have a few Christian friends, if they weren't so determined to convert me or anyone else I knew. If they could Just chill and have some fun instead of thinking everyone is in some sort of emergency.

Your saved, right? So what you fussing about.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2190
So many questions, and not enough time to ask them all. I guess I'll ask the most pressing question.

Why is it that Christian's want me to be saved? In fact every Christian I've ever met will almost do anything to get me around to their way of thinking. They're not even interested in getting to know me, they just want to tell me about Jesus so bad it blind's them.

I mean, how can you get to know someone honestly if you have an agenda? The last Christian I talked to in the real world chewed my ear off right in front of my friend. It was "Jesus this and church that and pray pray pray my friend" He didn't even have the manners to join in the current conversion my friend and I were having. He certainly walked off without a clue about the both of us, but we both had a pretty good idea what this guy's intention was.

I'd probably have a few Christian friends, if they weren't so determined to convert me or anyone else I knew. If they could Just chill and have some fun instead of thinking everyone is in some sort of emergency.

The only one I hear complaining is you.

It is the Christians commandment from Christ and their nature to witness to others about Christ. I don't need to know you to witness. And once you have rejected Christ, which you have, then I don't have any interest in knowing you.

Christianity is not 'fun and games'. This is why Christians can be so serious about.

Yes, I am saved. But you're the one complaining.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Project Panda

Apr 23, 2018
Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The only one I hear complaining is you.

It is the Christians commandment from Christ and their nature to witness to others about Christ. I don't need to know you to witness. And once you have rejected Christ, which you have, then I don't have any interest in knowing you.

Christianity is not 'fun and games'. This is why Christians can be so serious about.

Yes, I am saved. But you're the one complaining.

Stranger
Why would I listen to someone who has yet to prove to themselves that Jesus is the living God? First prove that Jesus is God to yourself, then come back and talk to me.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I listen to someone who has yet to prove to themselves that Jesus is the living God? First prove that Jesus is God to yourself, then come back and talk to me.

I know Jesus is God and Saviour. I don't need to prove it. I simply declare it.

Whether you listen or not is immaterial to me. Whether you believe or not my witness is immaterial to the affect of the witness. It is good either way.

Stranger

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably have a few Christian friends, if they weren't so determined to convert me or anyone else I knew. If they could Just chill and have some fun instead of thinking everyone is in some sort of emergency

I'm sorry that the Christians you've met haven't shown any interest in you as a person.

Why are they so keen to convert you?
Because they believe that you need saving, that if you are not saved you will be judged by God, found to be guilty of rejecting God and be expelled from God's prescence.

You might think, so whats so terrible about that, or that as you don't believe there is a God there is nothing to worry about.

There is a God. Evidence at its most basic is science believes, reluctantly that the universe has a begining. Your problem is to account for why it started. Christians believe God caused time, space, energy and matter to come into being, that God exisits outside of the universe he created. Your explanation for the universe is what?

Historically Jesus lived, was tried, exceuted, burried and his tomb was found to be empty.
All accepted historical facts.
Please can you give a co herent explanation for those facts?
If you can't explain it, thing sereasously about the claims of Christianity.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2190

Over three years ago I was where you are at. My husband would witness to every one he came across, all he ever wanted to talk about was God. The worst was when family came over, somehow he would always steer the conversation toward God. I could see it in their faces, the moment he started they were ready to leave. I would literally get nauseous. Deep inside I was so embarrassed and at the same time infuriated. My husband presented us as weirdos. I would plead with him later to cool it with the God talk or every single person we know would eventually stop wanting to hang around us.

But then, God touched my life and I would never be the same. I watch now when my husband steers the conversation toward God and I see people squirm and get that face as if they can't stand to hear God mentioned. I have set where they are and know, it can all change. When you are miserable in a volatile world where everything is uncertain and then you find hope, you want to share that hope. But it is on God's timing and sometimes we forget that.

Why do I want you saved. Because I know what it is like to be blind. You can say you are happy and floating right along getting exactly what you want; but it is all superficial and will not withstand when trouble comes. I don't know how old you are but there will come a day when you realize how short and how uncertain and how unsatisfactory life is. You will bounce from one thing to the next and still be hungry for something but never know what you are hungry for. You will live never fully satisfied. Arrogant and proud; always complaining you got all the answers when you don't have any. If someone asked why you are here(not on this site but living), what is the purpose, even though you might fake it... you got nothing, no real answer. Then you die. You are not untouchable by time. It ticks. You just haven't seen how vulnerable you really are, or maybe you have and that is why you are here.

Or maybe you are here to disprove what all those quacks that try to convert everyone go on and on about. It could be you that is not taking the time to get to those that try to convert you. You have already said you might be their friend, if they would stop talking about God. That sounds like conditions right from the start. That sounds like a wall. You are the one that put it there.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i dunno, wadr i would say the ones running their mouths cluelessly put it there; Christ never proselytized in that manner; He told ppl to "count the cost."
View attachment 2190

you know the Bible goes on at length about these people, in many places, and one is specifically advised by the Bible to avoid them, fwiw. I could dig up the refs if you like. Not that it appears you need them :)

Anyone telling you unequivocally that they are "saved" is completely off the rails, and commending themselves to themselves anyway, and i can Quote this too

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2190

Well first, hello there Project Panda...

If you believe in a creator and are still searching for yours and interested in this subject of a higher intelligence, then I might be able to answer some of your questions.

Not to be an apologist for some Christians, although many are excited in what they have in God, maybe immature and therefore impatient at times. They do not wait for God to move them. I say if God wants a Christian to share their views with another person there’s time, and it is always in his time.

I’m a believer in Christ that does not believe Jesus Christ is the same as God Almighty, his Father. This is a pivotal and distinguishing mark. Nearly 95 percent don’t believe as I do on this point.

So, to your question, why Christians want to be saved?

In my opinion…

Basically, it is because we do want to live in eternity with our God with his son in a peaceful and loving environment. We want this pure love of God. In turn, if we do not 'get saved' we will eventually face eternal death and without an identity - no future and life with no love and joy. We know we are gifted to create, share, love and have joy with others. We want to be like this all the time. It is our destiny.

Some people love the outdoors and cherish the colorful and breathtaking views they capture. They like the feel of fresh air and sun on their skin. We are promised wonders way beyond these that defy our comprehension.
They love their family their friends and want to see they well, all the time. They and myself for one, want this well life that is worth living with other like-minded
people.

Bless you,

APAK

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 2190

Well why don't you follow Jesus and find out why? You got nothing to lose by following Jesus. Why don't you go look at the great number of testimonies of what Jesus has done in people's lives, it's only a google search away, we even have a testimonial section on these forums. He has saved people from suicide, He has turned the lives of criminals around, He has intervened in people's lives when they were at their absolute low, he has healed many, including myself, my dad, mum and many other Christians I know. You gotta find out man, and ask Jesus yourself.

Search AA Allen, search Curry Blake, try out SBN, that will get you started. But main thing is, is ask Jesus yourself, put away the skeptic mindset and try believing instead and you will be surprised, if you struggle to believe, ask Jesus to help you believe, ask Jesus to make himself known to you and he will, don't be afraid, give it a go. :)

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kind of have to agree with Panda. At least, I see what he is talking about.
Foolishly, I hang around at the "Worthy Christians" forum some. Today, I was watching a woman complaining about being asked to leave a Lutheran (not her church) Soup Kitchen because she took it upon herself to just waltz in there and begin praying with the homeless people eating there. She had no clue as to why they didn't want that kind of forced witnessing going on in their Soup Kitchen.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I kind of have to agree with Panda. At least, I see what he is talking about.
Foolishly, I hang around at the "Worthy Christians" forum some. Today, I was watching a woman complaining about being asked to leave a Lutheran (not her church) Soup Kitchen because she took it upon herself to just waltz in there and begin praying with the homeless people eating there. She had no clue as to why they didn't want that kind of forced witnessing going on in their Soup Kitchen.
upload_2018-4-24_10-41-58.jpeg
i remem 'Worthy.' They were pretty nice ppl; at least until i disagreed that Muslims were their enemies, and suggested my standard exercise for determining whether that was true or not. They were not impressed, apparently

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 2197
i remem 'Worthy.' They were pretty nice ppl; at least until i disagreed that Muslims were their enemies, and suggested my standard exercise for determining whether that was true or not. They were not impressed, apparently
It is disappointing to say, but "Worthy" reminds me of the close-mindedness of so many mainline churches.

Reactions: bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Time is short, that is why christians can be abrupt. Not to mention the transformation they have gone through may be extream, and they want you to share their Joy. Jesus taught that whoever is forgiven much loves much.

Lord willing, we have some time here to get to know you and hold thoughtful conversations.

Reactions: JesusIsFaithful

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
:rolleyes: ya, they had to actually walk down to the front and make a declaration, the horror

There is a lot that can go on in someone's life to bring them to that point.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because I am old and grey...I have seen too much aggressive evangelism.
It does nothing but put people's back up... I was a hinderance to my older brother and sister in law when we were younger , for YEARS...I would always "get in their face"....
( But in spite of my blunders they did come to the Lord :) )

I never did find that the hard nosed "Do you know you will be shut out of heaven.." ever worked .
Hey...that may be a good Thread to have here on the Site...something like:-

*How many people have you led to the Lord through threats of darkness and punishment, and how many have you won by telling them( as Jesus told his followers to say...) "the Kingdom of heaven in nigh thee."
And show them the glories the peace and the joy of a life with the Lord!

I have also found that so many Christians that I hear blathering on the most, about the warnings of hell, punishment ,and darkness ...when confronted have to admit that actually they have NEVER led one single person to the Lord!!
So even on this site...it would be interesting to take a poll and find out how many souls each of us have brought to the Lord.

Many, many, many that I have met have told me that, sorry no, "they are no good at evangelism" ...not one soul saved in their whole Christian life. And they have never discipled anyone. :(

Talk comes cheap...actions speaks louder

If we took the time to just talk casually to people about the joy , peace and blessing of the Christian life, and let them see that actually YES, we do know how to have fun too...perhaps we would see many more desiring to come to Christ.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just received this from Grace Centered Magazine, I think it was......... It kind of fits here.

There is a great chasm in our culture. This is the reason fifty-five-year-old bosses are clueless when it comes to motivating and dispatching their younger workforce. This is why parents feel adrift when communicating with their pre-teen and teenage children. This is why we don’t get along.

What causes this? It is the cultural divide between Modernists and Post-Modernists.

In case these are terms with which you’re unfamiliar, let me give you the basics.

The facts are these. If you were born before the latter twentieth century, you grew up in the age of Modernity. By definition, you are a Modernist. You were born in a time that was influenced by the Age of Reason (or, Enlightenment) that dates back to the early 1700s. This was an era that put high value on reason and promoted the idea of liberty. Modernists grew up believing that if one stacks enough facts on top of one another—one will come to a clear and incontrovertible conclusion. And what’s more, it doesn’t really matter how one feels about that conclusion. Modernists believe in absolute values.

On the other hand, for those born in the late twentieth century and beyond, you have grown up in the Post-Modern age. Post-Modernists reject the beliefs of the Modernists. Instead, they embrace the belief that there is no absolute truth, “if it feels good—do it.” They say to Modernists, “If you really do have the truth, why don’t you act more lovingly and gently toward others?”

Frankly, I believe both sides are right…and both sides are wrong. I do believe there is such a thing as absolute truth…absolutely! However, I am sensitive to Post-Modernists who criticize Modernists for what they perceive to be an attitude of arrogant self-righteousness.

One Critical Concept
With that as our introduction, here is an important (spelled c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l) concept: If we Modernists ever hope to touch and impact the Post-Modern mind, we need to lead with the story.

This has been a tough learning curve for me. Like so many other leadership and motivational speakers, I have stood before many audiences and said, “The longest 15 inch trip in the world is from our heads to our hearts.” I believed it. That’s why I said it. After all, it had always been true in my experience. In my world, the facts (or mind) led. Then, it went south to the emotions (or heart).

But, I don’t believe that anymore…especially when it comes to communicating with Post-Modernists. These younger people aren’t wired the way their parents were. As a matter of fact, many don’t want the data, facts, or truth until they first see the purpose, benefits, and meaning.
Frankly, I believe they actually have something here. As the old saying goes, “If you want them to build a boat…begin by creating a love for the sea.”

So, here is a different (but I believe, far more effective) way to get between the ears of our younger cohorts: Lead with the story.
In other words, touch their hearts before you share the facts. After all, when one is emotionally and philosophically bought-in, they will naturally want the facts, details, and data that confirm what they have grown to believe.

I call this the G.B.E. I coined this phrase many years ago when I was teaching college-level advertising and marketing. My point was that no advertiser is going to sell a lot of product until he touches the audience’s hearts. Once you touch their heart and give them Goose Bumps (G.B.E. stands for the Goose Bump Effect), they are much more likely to listen to your message.

I frequently illustrate this concept when I speak to audiences with my McDonald’s story. It goes like this:

I didn’t see the McDonalds’ TV commercial this past Christmas, but something I bet you didn’t see was some middle-aged guy in a white lab coat standing there holding a hamburger and saying, “Hi. I’m from McDonald’s and we want you to eat more of our hamburgers. They taste great. Never mind the triple-bypass. Remember, we make a profit on every burger sold. Eat more of our hamburgers.”

No you didn’t see that. But a TV commercial the hamburger company might do might go like this: We open in a beautiful living room festively decorated for Christmas. The fireplace is glowing and right next to it is a wonderfully decorated Christmas tree. On the other side of the fireplace is a big, green, overstuffed chair. Right between the green, overstuffed chair and the fireplace is a little, round table. And standing in front of the little, round table is Tyler. Tyler is four years old and he’s laying out cookies on the table. About that time, Tyler’s big brother comes through the living room dribbling his basketball. He looks at his little brother and says, ‘Tyler, what are you doing?’

Tyler looks back and says, ‘I’m putting cookies out for Santa Claus…he’s coming tonight, don’t you know?’

With that big brother laughs and says, ‘Tyler that’s crazy! There’s no such person as Santa Claus!’ And, with that, he dribbles his basketball out of the living room…leaving the crushed, broken shell of a little brother.

Next scene: Tyler’s lying in bed, crying, ‘No Santa? There’s got to be a Santa…I know what I’ll do! I’ll go downstairs and check. If my cookies are gone—that proves that Santa is real!’

So Tyler leaves his bed with his teddy bear and his blanket in his hands. He goes downstairs into the dark living room. But the fireplace is still glowing. As he reaches the big, green, overstuffed chair, Tyler’s little feet glue to the floor. He gets his courage up and walks around the chair to his little, round table…and both cookies are still there. His brother is right—there’s no such person as Santa. So Tyler turns to go back to bed. But just as his foot reaches the first stair, a big, white-gloved hand drops down on Tyler’s little set of shoulders. And, the voice from the hand says, ‘Tyler, I’m sorry I’m late…but I really do like your cookies…Merry Christmas!’

Only then does the McDonald’s logo come onto the screen. And only for the purpose of reminding us that this is the company that has brought us this tender, heart-touching moment.

This is one of the reasons why McDonalds is the most successful restaurant chain in the history of the world…they know how to tell the story and touch hearts.

So here’s my question: If you have a message that deserves to be communicated, like the message of Jesus Christ, doesn’t it behoove you to learn how to communicate it effectively? And, these days, the best way to do it is to start with a story. Give them goose bumps. Touch their hearts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth and Helen