Col 2:1-23

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
kjw47 said:
1 Corinthians 15:24-28---Jesus is not God.

Jesus being fully God is a lie---He was made lower than the angels as a mortal.
Of course....that's so we could recieve Him..............
But noooooooooooooooooooo...we didn't recieve Him.................we killed Him.........
Just like we are killing Him today
the jw's have already killed Him again.......they have stripped Him of His power......
not just the jw's either, many religions................religions are man made......do ya really think God gives a flying crap what you are...no...
He just wants to spend time with you and love on ya and be part of your life....not part of your debates......

Still...I show you Jesus....still......you tell me about Him.

Let me know KJW47 when you want to meet Jesus and I will introduce Him to you.

But if you wish............continue reading about the man who stands beside me :)

Jesus is wearing white....but you say black......Jesus is smiling at me....but you say He has a frown...Jesus is standing to my left...but you say He is not even there...Jesus tells me to tell you He Loves you very much....but you say that is satan talking.....I see Jesus...you can only think of Him...
Come to see Jesus for yourself......His arms are wide open for KJW47.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:12

KJV(i)12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

American English Bible

12 Then you were all buried with him when [you went] under the water and you were all raised together by faith in what God (who raised him from the dead) has done in you.

These are my thoughts.

Baptism shows that we died to ourselves and our raised with Christ to a new life in Him.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
clark thompson said:
Colossians 2:12

KJV(i)12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

American English Bible

[SIZE=8pt]12[/SIZE] Then you were all buried with him when [you went] under the water and you were all raised together by faith in what God (who raised him from the dead) has done in you.

[SIZE=medium]These are my thoughts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Baptism shows that we died to ourselves and our raised with Christ to a new life in Him.[/SIZE]
Thank you for caring!

Only a head's up, ie, Col.2:12, in this connection we should remember that the old covenant circumcision which was given to Abraham was a true sacramental seal of justification by faith, the O.T. anticipation of water baptism; but the Jews had made it a mere legal rite that was disconnected from justification by faith, a piece of law and not a piece of pure gospel.

Old gospeling Jack

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kjw47 said:
1 Corinthians 15:24-28---Jesus is not God.

Jesus being fully God is a lie---He was made lower than the angels as a mortal.
You mean Christ became man... Jesus is God this part of the forum is for Christians only.
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring!

Only a head's up, ie, Col.2:12, in this connection we should remember that the old covenant circumcision which was given to Abraham was a true sacramental seal of justification by faith, the O.T. anticipation of water baptism; but the Jews had made it a mere legal rite that was disconnected from justification by faith, a piece of law and not a piece of pure gospel.

Old gospeling Jack
Salavtion comes only by faith in Christ but baptism just shows the faith, I am not saying it was needed for salvation but is done because we have salvation.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
shturt678, on 20 May 2014 - 03:00 AM, said:
shturt678 said:
Thank you for caring!

Old gospeling Jack
Salavtion comes only by faith in Christ but baptism just shows the faith, I am not saying it was needed for salvation but is done because we have salvation. (clark Thomson)
Good one clark.

Jack; again you are wrong; OT circumcision (Jewish) was a witness between Jehovah God of the Covenant between Him and Jews; see detail:

[SIZE=14pt]This is a much misunderstood and perverted subject. The perversion has led to much misuse and in some cases criminal mutilation especially of women, in different parts of the world.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]In the Old Testament of the Bible, its original inauguration (by Almighty God), was for the males of each of the 12 Tribes of Israel, as a constantly visible sign and reminder, of the Promise of Almighty God, that Israel would never cease to be a nation on earth, (Gen. 17.) After its inauguration, every male Jewish child was/is circumcised on the 8th day after their birth, (Gen 17:11-12.)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]As an aside, it is interesting to note that the number 8 in Scripture refers to resurrection, and also regeneration. It also relates to the new octave in music, to colour, days of the week, and relates in this way throughout nature! It is also the number which relates to our Lord, who rose on the 8th day of the Jewish week, (which also was a new 1st day!) By Greek Gematria, the name of Jesus is 888![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The fact that the God of Israel inaugurated the number 8 in the promise of the future nation of Israel to Abraham, who at that stage had no offspring by Sarah, and he was 99 years of age, and Sarah was 90; pointed to the need for faith by Abraham, and Sarah, which is elucidated in Hebrews 11:8-18.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The fact that even before the birth of Israel as a nation, God showed the signs of death and resurrection in the circumcision and the number 8, has a number of meanings.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]- The original meaning; a constant reminder to all Jews that God has promised they will never cease as a people on earth![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]- In the cutting of the foreskin flesh, they will die to themselves, and in the number 8, will become a great nation under[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] Christ in the future (888), Zech. 12:10, and Revelation.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]- Whilst the nation of Israel is "Lo- Ammi" (not My people,) Christ (888) is on offer to "all who come to Him" for Salvation,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt] in so doing, they "circumcise their hearts", Romans 2:29![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]The many false uses of the physical circumcision, in many false religions worldwide, is a misuse and travesty of the above detailed meaning, and is of the enemy Satan. Satan's misuse of this sacred symbol, together with his rebellion against Almighty God, will eventually be dealt with, in his imprisonment at the beginning of the Reign of Christ Jesus as King in the Millennial, and also in his final demise at the end of the Millennium Reign, Rev. 20:10. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]It is to be expected in the future, that because of the importance of the Symbol of Circumcision to the Jews, i.e. the promise of Almighty God that they will not be eliminated as a people and eventual Nation; (Isa. 66:22, Jer. 31:35-37), that an attack will be instigated on this Jewish Rite as a forerunner to Satan’s attempt to eliminate them[/SIZE]

kjw47

Feb 18, 2014
clark thompson said:
You mean Christ became man... Jesus is God this part of the forum is for Christians only.

Salavtion comes only by faith in Christ but baptism just shows the faith, I am not saying it was needed for salvation but is done because we have salvation.
Christians do as Christ did and does--Jesus serves his Father as God--so do his followers. John 20:17, rev 3:12---- why is it so hard for one to believe Jesus over men?
shturt678 said:
Thank you for your response and caring!

Your non-Trinitarian view is just as pervasive as us Trinitrian's view counting Islam. I agree false teachings are throughout all denominations in today's time; however this doesn't mean all the essentials of the faith are fallacious also, eg, Trinitarian view opposed to Islam's non-Trinitarian view. Even non-modern Judaism in Jesus' day believed in Trinitarism, ie, today they adamantly don't of course.

What I've been telling the J.W.'s, islam, and etc. for decades when the grammar, context, and aspect of Jn.1:1c prove without a doubt that Jesus = God, then one should take another look at their non-Trinitarian view or prove me in error.

Old Jack

Trinity translations erred at John 1:1---- In the beginning the word was, and the word was with-HO THEOS- and the word was Theos---this is correct.

You see the word is not being called THE GOD---just god( small g) ---an a belongs in the last line of John 1:1---many translations in history had it there. Subtle errors to mislead one into believing the Catholicism council made up trinity.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:13

KJV[SIZE=small](i)[/SIZE][SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

American English Bible

13 For, that’s when you died to your errors and to the uncircumcised state of your flesh and became alive with him. Then he kindly forgave all your errors

These are my thoughts.
We are made alive thru His forgiveness.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:14
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]14 [/SIZE]Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

An American English Bible
14 and wiped away the handwritten Law that held you down and oppressed you… he lifted it out of the way and nailed it on the pole!

[SIZE=medium]He bore it on the cross so all we need to do is receive Him to get forgiveness.[/SIZE]

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
clark thompson said:
Colossians 2:1
King James Version (KJV)

2 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh;

Colossians 2:1
The Voice (VOICE)

2 This battle I am facing is huge. And I want you to know I do it for you, for all those at Laodicea, and for everyone else (even those who have never seen my face).

The Voice (VOICE)
The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

My thoughts.
The Christian life isn't always easy, it is a walk of faith.
Faith

[SIZE=14pt]Faith; what is the meaning of the word? What do people understand when they read the word, and what is its effect when applied? It is worth examining the concept prior to looking into Scripture and its references and purpose there.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]The Oxford English Dictionary has 4 definitions:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]1) Complete trust or confidence.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]2) Firm belief, especially without logical proof.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]3) a A system of religious belief [the Christian faith]. b belief in religious doctrines. c spiritual apprehension of divine truth apart from proof. d things believed or to be believed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]4) Duty or commitment to fulfil a trust, promise, etc.; obligation, allegiance (keep faith).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Wikipedia:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Faith[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] is [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]confidence[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] or [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]trust[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] in a person, thing, [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]deity[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], or in the doctrines or teachings of a [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]religion[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] or view (e.g. having strong political faith). It can also be [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]belief[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] that is not based on [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]proof[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt].[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt][1][/SIZE][SIZE=14pt] The word faith is often used as a substitute for hope, trust orbelief.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In religion, faith often involves accepting claims about the character of a deity, nature, or the universe. While some have argued that [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]faith is opposed to reason[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt], proponents of faith argue that the proper domain of faith concerns questions which cannot be settled by [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]evidence[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As is seen above, faith and trust are intertwined, with many variations running from those concepts, giving different shades of meaning.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]It must be stated that there is massive misapplication by people in their use and giving of trust (faith), as it is given by dint of mental exertion and decision. Also, in human interactions, there is the element always present of the "fallen nature" which in the case of the "pure" use of the understanding, does not exist! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Thankfully therefore the definition for Biblical understanding is not complicated, although profound in its depth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Genesis 2:16 and 17 gives the first example of conferred trust from God to Adam, when God gave Adam his first instruction, for Adam to trust and obey (have faith in), which was the foundation for his existence in Eden.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Many people and organizations consider the Biblical account of the creation of man and this[/SIZE] present world scene to be a myth of human construction because of the scientifically determined age of the Earth; for more on this subject see: [SIZE=14pt]Age of the Earth Controversy:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]We know that trust was broken by a series of events orchestrated by a third party to Adam and Eve; namely Satan, who successfully manoeuvred Eve by false quotation from God's[/SIZE] Word to take of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil; (Gen. 3:1-7). That event, which illustrates the breakdown of the trust (faith) between Adam and God, was achieved by Adam's complicity with Eve, and was undertaken in his free will. That free will decision by Adam was the only way that God's bond with Adam could be broken; as Satan has also free will, which he used prior to this present human creation to rebel against God when he was God's highest creature with special blessing and power, see: Satan's origins;
[SIZE=14pt]Many people and groups have discussed endlessly how Eve managed to break Adam's bond/faith with God, with many theories presented. It is clear that Satan's priority was to achieve Adam's fall from grace with God, as he was the one with whom the first instructions and relationship with God transpired; which relationship was active daily between the two (Gen. 3:8-12). For a quick understanding of the writers opinion regarding this breakdown see: Eve and Adam[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]There is clearly a fierce conflict between Almighty God and Satan, which is focused on the[/SIZE] human race at present, and which entails Satan's challenge against God's benevolent supremacy as Almighty Creator, and the winning by Satan of as many humans as possible to emulate his success in heaven (Rev. 12:4). Satan appeared to achieve a major victory in Eden by the early fall of Eve and Adam in that early stage of God's new human creation. However, even at that early stage a promise was made by God of a provision He was making for the defeat of Satan and all his efforts to defeat God by perversion of the human race, in Gen. 3:15: "I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her Seed; It shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise His heel"! This profound statement/promise is embodied in the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ; who is at present sitting at the right hand of God in heaven.
[SIZE=14pt]Satan at present is trying to stop people worldwide from understanding the gift of Salvation in Christ Jesus, as that effort if successful would be a major defeat for God Almighty's plan for the formation of the "Body of Christ"; Eph. 5:30. That Body when complete has a definite number of members; which after its completion, is likely to leave the earth![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]Satan's other major effort in the past, present, and particularly in the future, is to destroy completely the people of Israel; and in so doing to negate the promise made by God to His people of Israel that they will never cease to be a people on the earth (Jer. 31:35-37).[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]As has been seen, the principle of faith/trust between God and man was shown to be important to God at the inception of His first human of this present creation; Adam. Satan, knowing the importance of this, worked against that relationship desire by God, and continues to do so. He continues to look for ways to eventually defeat all of God's benevolent plans for His created beings, both human and spiritual, and is allowed to do so for a period of time; see Job Chp. 1 and 2. See also: Satan's Motivation: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In the period up to the Flood, the faith principle showed in Abel and his offering to God (Gen. 4:4 and Heb. 11:4). Also Enoch (Gen. 5:24), as God took him prior to death, due to his faith/trust in Him (Heb. 11:5), and that "he pleased God". Enoch was a prophet, and prophesied in faith; by Divine instruction (Rom. 10:17). Also Noah (Gen. 6:14 and Heb. 11:7) who in faith built an ark on God's instructions on what seemed an impossible mission![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]After the Flood, Abraham who "trusted God" and that faith was counted unto him as righteousness (Gen. 15:6). By faith (through much doubting) Sara Abram's wife produced a child in her extreme old age (Gen. 18:11 and Gen. 21:1-7). Hebrews 11 goes on to witness to many other men and women of faith, including Rahab the harlot, who trusted in the God of the Jews![/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]In all of these examples, and countless others in history, God shows His love for those who have faith/trust in Him, and seek after Him; (Heb. 11:6 ). The great Apostle Paul gives lucid account of the faith principle in his letter to the Hebrews Chp. 11, prior to their relegation to "Lo-Ammi" (not my people), at Acts 28:28.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]What then is the position of the world's population now in the 21st century relative to God's will? Simply put, He asks that people examine what He has recorded in the Bible, and to make a decision as to the truth of what is said regarding Himself, and Jesus Christ! If a person believes what God says, they will inherit eternal life at the time of the resurrection of the Body of believers in the future. All that is needed is that the decision is made for Jesus the Christ in the heart and mind of the person; they are then sealed in heaven until the resurrection! There is no need for any Ceremonials, or even water baptism to secure this great salvation and eternal life; it is a private affair between the individual and God in Christ! Water baptism is undertaken by many new Christians, and it is a good way of witnessing to the world the new state of the person, but it is not an essential to secure salvation, as is taught by some Groups. The person's faith is then "counted unto them as righteousness" in Jesus Christ, in the same way as the examples given above. There is though still the problem of the rest of a person's life's wrongdoings, which are inevitable in varying degrees as the great Apostle Paul bemoaned of himself. This is dealt with in: Faithfulness and The Christian.htm [/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]From all the foregoing, it will be seen that the original fall of Eve and Adam was manoeuvred into being by a supernatural entity; Satan, but he did not force Eve, she made the decision herself to partake of the forbidden fruit! Many have said that Adam and Eve were more the victims rather than retrograde, and yes there is that element in the narrative. However, Eve and woefully Adam made a decision despite their close relationship with God; and broke faith with Him![/SIZE] Almighty God in His wisdom, at that critical stage gave the promise of the solution in Gen. 3:15, which refers to Jesus Christ, "the second Adam" (1 Cor. 15:22, 45.) This was to be (and became) the supernatural antidote to Satan's work in Eden, and was/is the element that was not possible for fallen man to provide, due to him being fallen flesh and subject to death, as opposed to the Creator God taking on Satan Himself; incarnate as Jesus the Christ (Messiah), as The superior supernatural being, (but completely human for the duration of the task, Phil. 2:7-11); the ant-thesis to Satan. However; the last link in the formulation has to be that which Eve and Adam lost, people must decide for themselves to accept or reject God's Salvation in Christ; which when done in the positive completes the antidote against Satan, and faith is restored between man and God. However; as in Eden, God presents the truth (Jesus Christ); but does not force the decision, it must be made by the person in their God given freewill, for that person to individually undo the final link for them of Satan's treachery and lies!
[SIZE=14pt]The person is then "saved" (Eph. 2:8), and "sealed" (Eph. 1:13), in heavenly places, for future "glory" in a new "body" (Phil. 3:21); by their faith and trust in Him![/SIZE]

Floyd.

Reactions: clark thompson

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Faith from another angle: A trust in God's promise that is centered in the Genuine Godman Lord Jesus Christ produced by God, Christ, and the Spririt, who comes to us in, by, and must be based upon, the "Word of God," and in its writing form, the "Scripture" collectively the O. and N. Testaments that must be received by underging an "instant of faith."

Off the top, old Jack - hope I didn't miss anything.

Reactions: RANDOR
Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:15
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]15 [/SIZE]And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

15 Then he stripped away the governments and powers, and openly displayed that this is how he had conquered them.

These are my thoughts.
Christ overcame this and by Him we can too.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
clark thompson said:
Colossians 2:15
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]15 [/SIZE]And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

15 Then he stripped away the governments and powers, and openly displayed that this is how he had conquered them.

These are my thoughts.
Christ overcame this and by Him we can too.
"Christ overcame this and by Him we can too".

He is our head; and by Him all is possible!
Whilst we are in the flesh; we need Him minute by minute!

Floyd.

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

Little bit more to it, eg, Col.2:15 The A.V. is correct: God "spoiled" or despoiled, he "stripped" the rulership and authorities. In connection with Christ. "The Stronger One," He took away their armor wherein they divided the spoils (Lk.11:22). When did this occur? When Christ descended to hell (IPet.3;18, 19). Then He took captiveity itself captive (Ps.69:18; Eph.4:8), crushed the serpents head (Gen.3:15). Apostles' Creed sort of thing.

Only something to think about?

Old Jack only talking out loud again eyeballing a few passages.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16
King James Version (KJV)

[SIZE=small]16 [/SIZE]Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

[SIZE=28pt]An American English Bible[/SIZE]

With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

[SIZE=8pt]16[/SIZE] So, don’t let anyone judge you when it comes to [what you] eat or drink, or over your views of the festivals, such as the New Moons or Sabbaths;

[SIZE=medium]We all will be found guilty under the law but we will be judged by if we have Jesus or not.[/SIZE]

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Clark Thomson:
"[SIZE=medium]We all will be found guilty under the law but we will be judged by if we have Jesus or not.[/SIZE]"

Romans8:1;
"There is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus"
Floyd.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King James Version
Colossians 2:17
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

An American English Bible With Old Testament based on the Greek Septuagint

[SIZE=8pt]17[/SIZE] since he was before everything and everything came into existence through him.

[SIZE=medium]Things will come but when to trust Christ who we are in. [/SIZE]

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you for caring again!

Col.2:1, etc. The Judaizers were troubling the Colossians then where we have 'hypergrace' troubling us today, ie, staying in Christ is where the issue is.

Old Jack hanging on as much as possible 24/7.