• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Christ has your sin, why are you confessing it?
So, Jesus has it, became it, died for it, and redeemed you from it, or you still have it, and are not saved.

Make up your mind, Enoch.

"but behold, over there in 1 john it says that """.

That's not talking to you.
That verse is talking to the unbelievers who have their sin, and need to have Christ deal with it...

See, here is the thing about the NT...
You have apostles in the NT, who are PREACHERS, and sometimes you find them PREACHING.
They are not preaching to the Church, they are preaching to the LOST.
This happens in "John", and "Hebrews", and this has to be understood, and when its not you have people like you, and justbyfaith, and ferris bueller, and wrangler, who only read the bible like its a phone book and can't realize that when an Apostle is preaching to the LOST, they are not giving doctrine for the CHURCH.

And when a person can't rightly divide this, or spiritually discern this, they end up on forums twisting certain verses against believers.
These types are on every forum, causing chaos, and ruining real believer's faith.

When Christ takes away your sin at salvation, that doesn't stop future sin of man.

Unless you have reached the state of perfection in this life, that Paul said he couldn't claim.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Be careful how you align others...in this case jbf

I dont "align", what i do is show you what they write.
Its what they write/teach that defines their legalism.

So, let me give you some advice.
Dont get caught up in personality, or "tone".........but instead only carefully discern what is being TAUGHT< and if this is not giving full credit to Christ for Saving you, and keeping you saved..........and notice that part, quietthinker........giving Christ full = credit for KEEPING YOU SAVED, then you are not dealing with Truth you are dealing with a deceiver.

Here is how Satan teaches the "gospel"....

Listen..

"well, yes, Jesus saved me, but now i have to DO THIS or NOT DO THIS< to STAY SAVED".

See that?
That is clever deception, as its denying that the Blood of Jesus KEEPS you saved, by switching SELF SAVING in place of Christ's Blood Atonement.

Learn to see this and hear this, and you will be able to INSTANTLY spot the devil's preachers, teachers, members, mods, etc.
And if you dont, you will continue to be misled by them, quietthinker.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I dont "align", what i do is show you what they write.
Its what they write/teach that defines their legalism.

So, let me give you some advice.
Dont get caught up in personality, or "tone".........but instead only carefully discern what is being TAUGHT< and if this is not giving full credit to Christ for Saving you, and keeping you saved..........and notice that part, quietthinker........giving Christ full = credit for KEEPING YOU SAVED, then you are not dealing with Truth you are dealing with a deceiver.

Here is how Satan teaches the "gospel"....

Listen..

"well, yes, Jesus saved me, but now i have to DO THIS or NOT DO THIS< to STAY SAVED".

See that?
That is clever deception, as its denying that the Blood of Jesus KEEPS you saved, by switching SELF SAVING in place of Christ's Blood Atonement.

Learn to see this and hear this, and you will be able to INSTANTLY spot the devil's preachers, teachers, members, mods, etc.
And if you dont, you will continue to be misled by them, quietthinker.
I'm sorry Behold, a know it all attitude holds no attraction. Condescension and speaking at me tells me more about you than you suppose.....like I said, I'm sorry to need to tell you this.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, the Old Testament is valid and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness.

The entire bible is Light.
Its all Spiritual.
Its all True.
However, its not all designed as doctrine, in the same way, or for the same purpose, or for the same dispensation.
For example.

1.) the Old Covenant, does not apple to "the time of the Gentiles".

2,) The Old Testament, has been replaced by the NEW Testament.

Yes, both are VALID, both are TRUE< but they are not co-equal when dealing with revelation, as God's revelation establishes new rules, as it also established a "new and BETTER covenant".
God's bible is full reveal, and its PROGRESSING and not stagnate, or unchanging.
It CHANGES, it UPDATES, it continues to reveal, from "alpha to omega".

So, when a deceiver, a heretic, teaches OLD TESTAMENT "commandment keeping" as "forgiveness"..... in place of New TESTAMANT "Gift of Salvation",= then this person is "cursed" according to The Apostle Paul., and he's not kidding.
= Galatians 1:8

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I'm sorry Behold, a know it all attitude holds no attraction. Condescension and speaking at me tells me more about you than you suppose.....like I said, I'm sorry to need to tell you this.

Showing you your thinking, is not "condescension".
Did i hurt your feelings?
That was not, and is not, my intent.

Listen, an adult showed be able to be taught, and in fact you should be here, not to pick sides as if this is a game of wits, , but to learn more than you already think you understand.
Im a good teacher, i can deepen you, but you have to be teachable.
That is your part.
My part is to open your enlightenment, and God's part is to reveal the Light.
So...
Never disparage an opportunity to grow more and learn more, as you are doing.
Never choose to believe that being helped, is a insult to your IQ.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When Christ takes away your sin at salvation, that doesn't stop future sin of man.

Unless you have reached the state of perfection in this life, that Paul said he couldn't claim.

A lot of people like you, dont really study the word.
You sort of gain some idea of it, by hearing what others say, or by some horrible commentary that the devil wrote, through some heretic.

Listen....
Paul DID say, that he had found that place of = perfection.
Paul DID say that the born again are to be "perfected"< and are "Perfect".....once they understand something.....

See, you dont know this, because you stopped reading where most legalist stop, as per the Devil's design.

Listen Reader, here is an update.
The Devil will show you things in the Word......He will lead you to certain verses.......and that is how he ruins your FAITH.
See, you think the devil works in a way that he doesn't and that is how he disguises what he does.
The devil talks to you, and leads you, as if its YOUR THOUGHT.

And he has you stop here.....>"oh wretched man that i am, who will deliver me"... and " that which i would do, i dont do"....etc etc.
See, all the legalists on this Forum, STOPPED THERE.
But if you had kept on reading, kept on studying, you would have found that Paul was showing you his situation when he was trying to do by LAW, and FAILING = only what can be manifested by Christ's Atonement and Gods Grace.
Paul was trying to do for himself , and Jesus said "apart from me you can do NOTHING< and that is why he was in a MESS.
But he learned, and he wrote about it, and you have not read it, and realized it, because you stopped HALFWAY THERE.
And after he learned this, he wrote that all "commandment keeping" and "law keeping" and trying to be good, is = "DUNG", regarding how to be right with God and stay always in this right place of understanding.
"DUNG"....is how Paul defines all your SELF EFFORT to stay saved, and stay in peace with God.

So had you kept reading just a little farther and not stopped in the MIDDLE, you would have read this..

"Christ ALWAYS GIVES ME THE VICTORY"..

So, see that world "ALWAYS"?

Does that sound like "sinning and confessing and repenting"?
Does that sound like "indwelling sin"?

NO!

NO IT DOES NOT, but you, like all legalists, do not really study enough to know what you need to know, and that is why you are lost in self , instead of delivered by Grace.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sort of gain some idea of it, by hearing what others say, or by some horrible commentary that the devil wrote, through some heretic.

Listen....
Paul DID say, that he had found that place of = perfection.
Paul DID say that the born again are to be "perfected"< and are "Perfect".....once they understand something.....

See, you dont know this, because you stopped reading where most legalist stop, as per the Devil's design.

Listen Reader, here is an update.
The Devil will show you things in the Word......He will lead you to certain verses.......and that is how he ruins your FAITH.
See, you think the devil works in a way that he doesn't and that is how he disguises what he does.
The devil talks to you, and leads you, as if its YOUR THOUGHT.

And he has you stop here.....>"oh wretched man that i am, who will deliver me"... and " that which i would do, i dont do"....etc etc.
See, all the legalists on this Forum, STOPPED THERE.
But if you had kept on reading, kept on studying, you would have found that Paul was showing you his situation when he was trying to do by LAW, and FAILING = only what can be manifested by Christ's Atonement and Gods Grace.
Paul was trying to do for himself , and Jesus said "apart from me you can do NOTHING< and that is why he was in a MESS.
But he learned, and he wrote about it, and you have not read it, and realized it, because you stopped HALFWAY THERE.
And after he learned this, he wrote that all "commandment keeping" and "law keeping" and trying to be good, is = "DUNG", regarding how to be right with God and stay always in this right place of understanding.
"DUNG"....is how Paul defines all your SELF EFFORT to stay saved, and stay in peace with God.

So had you kept reading just a little farther and not stopped in the MIDDLE, you would have read this..

"Christ ALWAYS GIVES ME THE VICTORY"..

So, see that world "ALWAYS"?

Does that sound like "sinning and confessing and repenting"?
Does that sound like "indwelling sin"?

NO!

NO IT DOES NOT, but you, like all legalists, do not really study enough to know what you need to know, and that is why you are lost in self , instead of delivered by Grace.

Is that what Paul said?

Phil. 3:12-13
"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,"

I perceive you are confused over many things, my friend.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since you yourself are presenting a mishmash of doctrines, there is no need assume that others do not study the Word. As I said earlier, you should become a student first, then try to teach. It would simply be too tiresome to take all your posts and show your misunderstanding of the Scriptures. Here's a good example of your false doctrines:
The entire bible is Light. Its all Spiritual. Its all True. However, its not all designed as doctrine
Now that is totally misleading and false in view of what is written in 2 Timothy 3:16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Did you get that? ALL SCRIPTURE is profitable for doctrine. So since you have contradicted the Bible, why should anyone pay attention to your "teaching"?

You have been constantly accusing all other Christians of being "legalists", when you do not even know what that means. How's that for Bible ignorance?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't start threads targeting a specific member...we discuss topics not individual members.
Share what you believe, let others share what they believe, and have a friendly open discussion without strife.

Status
Not open for further replies.