• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:( Page 1. What would Jesus say of us to see our infighting over these two topics.

Maybe this will help bring peace?

God said he wrote his commandments upon our heart that we would not be separated, my word, from them.

We are indwelt by his holy spirit. Therefore, he is there to keep those commands within our awareness as the helper.

And all of this is made our reality by the cross. The new Covenant that brings us the assurance that is redemption, through our repentance of our sins, rebirth as a new creation in Christ, and immortal life in him because we are sealed by his holy spirit according to the promise.
That of salvation, by God and his grace, through our faith in him and the gospel.

Therein the commandments and the cross are not at odds. They are part of our story as saints of God.

Christians.

There is no Jew, nor Gentile, no male,or female, because we are all one in Christ Jesus.

One. :)

Don't let squabbles divide us. Especially when there is no reason for them.

God blesses us all.
Every day. :)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is a false dichotomy. It is both commandments and the cross.

Not according to the Blood of Jesus.

See, we the born again, (are you) ?? We the born again, live in the NEW TESTAMENT.
If we lived in the OLD TESTAMENT, then there is no CHRIST, and all you have are commandments that you can't keep.
So in the OT< you had a temporary solution, = animal blood.
Later, arrived the NEW COVENANT (New Testament), God resolved that failed OT covenant, by removing it because it could not give you righteousness, and replaced it with ONLY what Gives you RIGHTEOUSNESS.
That is THE CROSS, the blood of Jesus, the death of Christ, and the resurrection, as proof.

So, when a legalist, like you, teaches, as you just did, that Salvation is... The Cross + The Commandments, then you just rejected God's Grace, and contradicted "Justification by faith".
And you'll do it again, because you don't understand Salvation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Since no one keeps the commandments perfectly, there is always need for forgiveness.

That is why God found FAULT with the "old covenant"... Its because all that commandment keeping, can't deal with the fact that you are a SINNER.
So, God provided what CAN deal with that, and this is not the commandments, or water, or Mary, or good behavior.
All that can wash away your sin, and give you God's very Righteousness, is CHRIST's BLOOD.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All that can wash away your sin, and give you God's very Righteousness, is CHRIST's BLOOD.
You are simply missing the point, because you cannot see the forest for the trees. Yes, the blood of Christ does indeed cleanse all believers from unrighteousness upon conversion.

Yet the fact remains that even after they have been saved, they need to confess present sins (if any) and deal with them. See 1 John 1, 2. And the blood of Christ keeps on cleansing them.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See, we the born again, (are you) ?? We the born again, live in the NEW TESTAMENT.
You are still unable to see the connection between the Ten Commandments and the Law of Christ. The problem is that you believe you are a teacher, when in fact you should be a student. And I could ask you the same question "Are you born again?" since you are so confused about Gospel truth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
-

One of the people who preach works and water on this forum, justbyfaith recently wrote a deceptive Thread that told you that God's forgiveness= is gained by you keeping commandments.

So, let me assure you that this is not true.
Let me assure you that your forgiveness, ...was ONLY gained for you by the Holy One who """"by his own BLOOD Jesus entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."""
Hebrews 9:12

Did you read that Jesus OBTAINED >Eternal Redemption< for you?
This means it can never be ended. Its "eternal". Eternal according to God who made it so., who created it so.

Well, justbyfaith says that this redemption, that is the forgiveness of your sin, is gained by "keeping commandments".
That is the TITLE of his Thread.

So, to teach THAT deception., is to deny the Cross openly, knowingly, willfully.

Notice that my Thread's TITLE is....>"commandments OR Cross"?

He chose commandments.
I choose the Cross.
What do you choose to be reconciled to God by having all your sin forgiven?
Justbyfaith wants you to choose "commandment keeping" to be "forgiven".
I tell you to trust the Holy One who..."by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."""
Trust in the blood to forgive you., and never anything else that someone tells you that denies the Cross of Christ.

Let me assure you that God does not forgive you based on "keeping commandments", as a deceiver would teach you, but rather, God forgives you based on His Mercy and Grace, that forgives you and give you eternal redemption = only through the blood of Jesus.

And let me give you one more, Saint.

Never think, never believe that God's blessings come to you, based on your behavior.
They do not.
Correction comes based on your wrong behavior, but BLESSINGS come only based on God's Goodness.
See, everything with God, that comes to you as your Salvation....and that is your forgiveness of all your sin, you being "made righteous", your Eternal life, your health, your financial security, your peace of mind, your protection, and your answered prayers, all come to you as part of the "GIFT of Salvation".
God is good to you, not because you are good.
God is good to you because GOD is good, and God's mercy endures forever on your behalf.
God is good to you, not based on you, but based on what Christ did for you on THE CROSS.

That's God's GRACE, and it is truly Amazing.
Be careful how you align others...in this case jbf

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are simply missing the point, because you cannot see the forest for the trees. Yes, the blood of Christ does indeed cleanse all believers from unrighteousness upon conversion.

Yet the fact remains that even after they have been saved, they need to confess present sins (if any) and deal with them. See 1 John 1, 2. And the blood of Christ keeps on cleansing them.
If you read 1John 1 in full you will see that it isn't the redeemed being referred to there.

See here? Now this is the gospel message we have heard from him and announce to you....
The gospel is being brought to those in the chapter 1.

This is why these verses speak to the unsaved just after the verses that speak of the redeemed who walk in the light.

8.If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us.

We who are cleansed of our sins have been forgiven them. And God remembers them no more.

It wouldn't be Salvation at all if we have sin within us and need confess all the time to be forgiven over and over again. That would make the cross of none effect.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wouldn't be Salvation at all if we have sin within us and need confess all the time to be forgiven over and over again. That would make the cross of none effect.
Or, that Jesus would have had to suffer often.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you read 1John 1 in full you will see that it isn't the redeemed being referred to there.
False. Who but Christians can have fellowship with the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the apostles, and other redeemed children of God? Unbelievers cannot have fellowship.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or, that Jesus would have had to suffer often.

Much love!
Yes. Would be like crucifying him over and over again.
e186416df64d855acbcdf7278af09aca.gif

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are spirit and soul. When we first believe, we are justified, spirit and soul. At this time, our spirit is reborn of incorruptible seed. Never to sin again.
However, our soul is wounded and needs healing. One thing at a time needs to be repented of. There's a fair amount of teaching to go along with this, all biblical, as the Lord reveals it.
For me to begin to receive this, the Lord had to prepare me for it. Unfortunately for me, I was very stubborn and root-bound. The Lord can even deal with people like me. :)

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False. Who but Christians can have fellowship with the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, the apostles, and other redeemed children of God? Unbelievers cannot have fellowship.
Not at all false. 1 John 1 is clear as glass.

The gospel was being proclaimed yo sinners in 1John 1 by those who were redeemed of their sins.

The teaching is from the first person,saved ones, perspective unto those still dead in their sins.

John 1
New English Translation

The Prologue to the Letter
1 This is what we proclaim to you: what was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and our hands have touched (concerning the word of life— 2 and the life was revealed, and we have seen and testify and announce to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us). 3 What we have seen and heard we announce to you too, so that you may have fellowship with us (and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ). 4 Thus we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.

God Is Light, So We Must Walk in the Light
5 Now this is the gospel message we have heard from him and announce to you: God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him and yet keep on walking in the darkness, we are lying and not practicing the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we do not bear the guilt of sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 But if we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous, forgiving us our sins and cleansing us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar and his word is not in us.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are spirit and soul. When we first believe, we are justified, spirit and soul. At this time, our spirit is reborn of incorruptible seed. Never to sin again.
However, our soul is wounded and needs healing. One thing at a time needs to be repented of. There's a fair amount of teaching to go along with this, all biblical, as the Lord reveals it.
For me to begin to receive this, the Lord had to prepare me for it. Unfortunately for me, I was very stubborn and root-bound. The Lord can even deal with people like me. :)
Are you saying our soul needs to repent after our spirit is reborn of incorruptible seed?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read some of your Thread,

And that is the problem...you didn't read all of it...and took out of context that which you did read.

If we lived in the OLD TESTAMENT, then there is no CHRIST,

The Old Testament is what Paul the apostle was speaking of in 2 Timothy 3:16. It is also what Peter was speaking of in 2 Peter 1:3-4.

So, the Old Testament is valid and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness. It also contains exceedingly great and precious promises by which we can become partakers of the divine nature and escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Reactions: Charlie24

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

If Christ has your sin, why are you confessing it?
So, Jesus has it, became it, died for it, and redeemed you from it, or you still have it, and are not saved.

Make up your mind, Enoch.

"but behold, over there in 1 john it says that """.

That's not talking to you.
That verse is talking to the unbelievers who have their sin, and need to have Christ deal with it...

See, here is the thing about the NT...
You have apostles in the NT, who are PREACHERS, and sometimes you find them PREACHING.
They are not preaching to the Church, they are preaching to the LOST.
This happens in "John", and "Hebrews", and this has to be understood, and when its not you have people like you, and justbyfaith, and ferris bueller, and wrangler, who only read the bible like its a phone book and can't realize that when an Apostle is preaching to the LOST, they are not giving doctrine for the CHURCH.

And when a person can't rightly divide this, or spiritually discern this, they end up on forums twisting certain verses against believers.
These types are on every forum, causing chaos, and ruining real believer's faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.