Comparing and contrasting yourself to others?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe like sexual sin is a quiet killer

Is also comparing and contrasting human beings and their flaws, lifestyle choice, subjective beliefs not also a killer that kills the heart also?

If you find flaws in others and you deem them condemnable how sad is the heart that is so cold? No warmth no compassion, no love of God.

Aren’t all people at least entitled to some sort of level respect due to being Gods Creation, even if they are an atheist? Lesbian? Homosexual? Mormon? Baptist? Pretrist? Jehovah witness? Muslim? Have murdered? Or have done a worse Crime?

Aren’t all people guilty before God and in need of Savior and how can we give Christ if we are over the heads over others condemning them to hell and not have love in the sense of having care for the individual that you are next to?

Didn’t Jesus paid for the sin before they were born? We can share our testimony and story and spread Christ. You won’t get far by hating though.

I use to hate God, Jesus, my family, my coworkers.

It was the kindness of someone taking time to share Christ with me that helped push me to learn more about God.

who is our neighbor? It’s hard to love people who are not the same as you, but it’s possible by the holy spirit of God.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Respect? Depends. If someone murdered a family member, then no, i would not respect them. If say a gay couple has a flat tire and needs help, sure i’ll help change it for them.

Jesus only died so that the elect could be saved, not anyone else.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for commenting.

Everyone may have a different way of handling thing when it comes to others in their aspects of world views, biblical perspectives, and all people are in need a Saviour, as we can’t save ourselves it’s impossible.

Agape love is an expressive love that God is, and is what Paul describes in 1 Corinthians 13, and there are scriptures that tell us to do good to your enemies, and pray for your enemies.

In Romans 13 is aspect of the governing authorities, Paul encouraged believers that if they desire to not have any problems with them to do good, even though in his day in age they would literally be killed and slaughtered, in this day in age we have prisons or what is supposedly is know as correctional facilities and there are Christian believers who present themselves in teaching those prisoners about Christ.

Some of their lives are completely changed around from what they use to be especially now having the Holy Spirit in dwell them, though their flesh can still get riled up if they do not die to it quickly which can lead to rash decisions that will have some types of consequences, either quenching the spirit or causing trouble to others.