confession and repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice how there are now 3 of you ganging up on me, soon the others will jump in? You all hate the message of repentance and holiness.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow nothing I like more than a stirred up theological hornet's nest.

Yes you will find that on this forum often. I had two brothers we often fought amongst ourselves growing up.... But we were still family. I was the youngest so i took my share of punches and am not phased by it, as i can take a punch as well.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holiness is the other half of the Gospel of Paul that many like to ignore. For those who wish to see this just read the verses from Paul's Epistles on holiness, and note the distinction made between righteousness, how Holiness is associated with sanctification after salvation, and in fact sanctification and holiness are the same word in some cases (hagiasmos G38). see links and explore, let the Holy Spirit be your guide and teacher here as this is the meat of the word of God.

KJV Search Results for "holiness" (blueletterbible.org)
G38 - hagiasmos - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv) (blueletterbible.org)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hardest three words to come out of your

David, do you see how you argue against yourself in your false words against me? Do you see how this is your flesh rising up to defend yourself?

Again, this has come to nothing, and I think should have ended sooner. Hopefully one day we will be able to have a discussion without this malignancy.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your obviously a perfect person who never sins? 1 John 1:8-10
I realize it's not just me, but with others also. You deflect, you make it personal, and in doing so you avoid actually responding.

And as you get more and more personal, more and more negative, is it because you secretly want to bully others off the thread, so you won't have to keep deflecting, and in so doing never have to give a response?

More personal insults is not a valid response. Nor is it Godly behavior. Just your own negative personal opinions, at best. At worst, lies conceived to impugn the righteous. I'm have no idea what is truly in your heart, but the display you make of yourself should be enough to give you some reconsideration of how you should speak to others.

And what it is that God wishes to speak to you.

This is a pattern you've repeated over and over, and I counsel you to consider it.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David, do you see how you argue against yourself in your false words against me? Do you see how this is your flesh rising up to defend yourself?

Again, this has come to nothing, and I think should have ended sooner. Hopefully one day we will be able to have a discussion without this malignancy.

Much love!

Just an observation on my part that in two plus years commenting here never once have you, or @Behold, or others ever admitted "perhaps I am wrong". Again, these are the three hardest words to say at times.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an observation on my part that in two plus years commenting here never once have you, or @Behold, or others ever admitted "perhaps I am wrong". Again, these are the three hardest words to say at times.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize it's not just me, but with others also. You deflect, you make it personal, and in doing so you avoid actually responding.

And as you get more and more personal, more and more negative, is it because you secretly want to bully others off the thread, so you won't have to keep deflecting, and in so doing never have to give a response?

More personal insults is not a valid response. Nor is it Godly behavior. Just your own negative personal opinions, at best. At worst, lies conceived to impugn the righteous. I'm have no idea what is truly in your heart, but the display you make of yourself should be enough to give you some reconsideration of how you should speak to others.

And what it is that God wishes to speak to you.

This is a pattern you've repeated over and over, and I counsel you to consider it.

Again, just more observations of the unteachable spirit in some here, and the self-deception they are under. sometimes you have to speak in carnal terms to get their attention, so that they will begin to self reflect on their self-deception.

I was wondering when you would show up here this morning? Moe, Curly, and Larry:D

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the purpose of confession? Since God already knows our innermost thoughts, confession cannot serve to benefit God. Therefore, confession must serve to benefit us. In that case, what benefit does confession endow us? In other words, why confess?

To walk in truth. And to ask for and receive grace/power to overcome. To ask for what we see we lack. If we think we need nothing, we won’t ask for what we need. I’ve never seen a rich man begging.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should I call this? Lies?

I mean seriously! And that I should spend a moment of my time on nonsense like this! For you I will, my heart goes out to you, David, and I pray that you will be edified by your presence on this forum! That I may edify you by my words.

Your premise here is, you can't think of a time I've said such and such, so I never have. Do you see the fallacy there? And do you see that you Don't see into my heart? Should I give you a defence of myself in my brokenness before God? You have no idea about me! None. Only your obviously erroneous and negative opinions. If they are actually that. I'm not convinced that you aren't just throwing rocks to defend yourself. People do that also. I don't know why people do what they do, only that, some things are spiritual and some things are fleshy.

I'm not making decisions about you, what your motives are, what is in your heart. You do that of others, and me, but I'm not doing that of you.

The really hard thing is to admit when you are wrong about someone you've become emotionally invested in showing them wrong.

The even harder thing is to take control of those fleshy feelings, and stop letting them drive.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To walk in truth. And to ask for and receive grace/power to overcome. To ask for what we see we lack. If we think we need nothing, we won’t ask for what we need. I’ve never seen a rich man begging.
Good answer!

Confession itself means "say the same thing". So confession is being in alignment with God.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not making decisions about you, what your motives are, what is in your heart. You do that of others, and me, but I'm not doing that of you.

I Lived for 20 years in the self deception that I was Good with God and in need of Nothing as you and others here promote. The Only motive of my heart is to do the will of him who sent me and to warn those who are in this same self deception that they should perchance reach repentance like the Holy Spirit led me to.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Lived for 20 years in the self deception that I was Good with God and in need of Nothing as you and others here promote. The Only motive of my heart is to do the will of him who sent me and to warn those who are in this same self deception that they should perchance reach repentance like the Holy Spirit led me to.
We should be honest about this.

"In need of nothing".

What is it I say about that?

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

but the display you make of yourself should be enough to give you some reconsideration of how you should speak to others.

I was wondering when you would show up here this morning? Moe, Curly, and Larry:D

I Love the three stooges they are hilarious....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the self deception that I was Good with God and in need of Nothing

2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

If you believe you don't need God - in need of nothing! - that is self-deception.

If you believe God has given you all you need - needing nothing more - this is trust, and our walk is by faith, and by faith we overcome all things.

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you believe you don't need God - in need of nothing! - that is self-deception.

If you believe God has given you all you need - needing nothing more - this is trust, and are walk is by faith, in by faith we overcome all things.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Revelation 3:17-18

He is not talking about physical blindness or nakedness or riches here, but rather Spiritual.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Revelation 3:17-18

He is not talking about physical blindness or nakedness or riches here, but rather Spiritual.

Yes, I agree, this is spiritual poverty. Please continue . . .

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:2-4 KJV
2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

If you believe God has given you all you need - needing nothing more - this is trust, and our walk is by faith, and by faith we overcome all things.

Much love!

This is spiritual riches.

:)

The power of God to live a new life.

Much love!