confession and repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imputation is when God considers us to be innocent of wrongdoing - justified - even though we've done wrong. God isn't making Himself a liar, He's making us righteous, having granted us innocence, even though we did the deed.

It's not just forgiving us, but actually making us not guilty. If you want to discuss this more, I'm happy to, it's up to you.

Much love!

Nah, I don’t think I need to. I don’t see the doctrine as very good. I think forgiveness is quite enough. But I guess I don’t need to talk about it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, I don’t think I need to. I don’t see the doctrine as very good. I think forgiveness is quite enough. But I guess I don’t need to talk about it.
As you wish.

The value in understanding our justification in Christ is that this is what enables us to live holy lives. Justification is inextricably joined to a new creation.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you wish.

The value in understanding our justification in Christ is that this is what enables us to live holy lives. Justification is inextricably joined to a new creation.

Much love!

I just don’t see the doctrine in the Bible, sorry.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Quantity does not equate with Quality. It does not matter how many posts you make they are all preaching Spiritual stagnation '

You found something dishonest to keep repeating?....>"teaching spiritual stagnation"?
Is that your antidote for personal "spiritual stagnation?

You can do better.
At least be honest.
See, when you accuse, but you offer no QUOTES, then its obvious that you are being dishonest.
Thats you, David.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
begin to see that you are preaching half the gospel, '

The Gospel IS= the Grace of God, given as "the gift of Righteousness", the "forgiveness of all sin", and understood as this realty. "The Gift of Salvation".
There is no ""Half""......there is just what Paul teaches as 'MY Gospel", and i just posted it for you, again, for about the 20th time.

And remember, the issue you are having is trying to work your way into heaven.
You'll never get there that way.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"justification by Faith"."without works".... "Fatih is counted as righteousness".

Paul Teaches.

Its in every bible, including yours, unless its a Douay Rheims, as that is not a bible.
Her idea is, I think, that when you come to trust God, that trust itself is a righteous thing, and God recognizes that in you. @stunnedbygrace , do I have that right? Your idea of "imputation" is "attribution", that is, what it means that God imputes righteousness to you is that God acknowledges the righteousness in you? Please forgive me if I'm not representing this rightly, and let me know where I'm wrong.

Much love!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel IS= the Grace of God, given as "the gift of Righteousness", the "forgiveness of all sin", and understood as this realty. "The Gift of Salvation".
There is no ""Half""......there is just what Paul teaches as 'MY Gospel", and i just posted it for you, again, for about the 20th time.

And remember, the issue you are having is trying to work your way into heaven.
You'll never get there that way.

when You ignore the call to holiness you are ignoring half the gospel... One day you will see when you are face to face with a Holy God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Actually…I have never understood imputed righteousness. .

You have no righteousness of your own.
Zero.

God IS Righteousness, and Heaven is where the righteous live, and end up, by being born again.
So, God came here, not just to forgive your sin, as then you are forgiven, but you are not Righteous.
You are clean, but you are not righteous.
So, God gives you Christ's Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness", and then you are "made Righteous"...by God.....and God doing that is the "imputed" situation.

It not just the forgiven, who go to heaven, as there is more God has to do for you.
Its the RIGHTEOUS, ...made so by "the Gift of Righteousness", that God has to give you.

Reactions: David H.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
when You ignore the call to holiness.

C'mon now, time to end the nonsense.

You and i were having a discussion about SALVATiON.

If you now need to change gears, and talk about DISCIPLESHIP...........then thats fine., as the walk of HOLINESS, that to "present your body a living sacrifice", is DISCIPLESHIP.
We can discuss that if you like, as long as you dont try to combine the Cross, as your works to try to stay saved.
If you continue to pursue that self saving Cross rejecting, heresy, then i'll need to continue to teach about SALVATION, as "the GIFT of Salvation".

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C'mon now, time to end the nonsense.

You and i were having a discussion about SALVATiON.

If you now need to change gears, and talk about DISCIPLESHIP...........then thats fine., as the walk of HOLINESS, that to "present your body a living sacrifice", is DISCIPLESHIP.
We can discuss that if you like, as long as you dont try to combine the Cross, as your works to try to stay saved.
If you continue to pursue that self saving Cross rejecting, heresy, then i'll need to continue to teach about SALVATION, as "the GIFT of Salvation".

This whole post is about holiness, and fellowship with God, not about salvation like you are trying to make it out to be. You are talking in terms of Milk, I am discussing the meat of the Word. for whatever reason you do not see this...

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit convicts me of the sinful desires of my heart, ones I am not even aware of, as he is purifying my heart from the inside out. In other words he is making this vessel holy. The Hubris of the mind is one that you have yet to be convicted of. Proverbs 3:5-7, 1 Corinthians 3:1-4.

You are correct, David. There is positional sanctification given when we are first saved. It is by his righteousness that we have put on that we are set apart as holy for God.

Then there is progressive sanctification which occurs daily by our being LED of the Spirit .
This is not a part of the event of our salvation which is a gift. This is allowing the Holy Spirit to direct our steps in God's will.

We still must fight to bring under subjection our own carnality of the flesh. This is what the Spirit does in our lives. Revealing and reminding of scripture,comforting,convicting by the word, always leading us in a path of righteousness that we may please the Father.

Some here only babble their INDOCTRINATION by man, choose to be blind, and resist, quench and grieve the Spirit. Ever heard this phrase "Many will say on that day Lord......Lord did we"

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This whole post is about holiness, and fellowship with God, not about salvation

I think this is quite insightful! I think we too often focus on salvation at the exclusion of fellowship/holiness. Perhaps we can set salvation aside for the moment and just discuss what it means to have a proper relationship with God independent of the carrot and stick of an afterlife?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct, David. There is positional sanctification given when we are first saved. It is by his righteousness that we have put on that we are set apart as holy for God.

Gaah…I still can’t see it! :mad: I think it’s by being sealed with the Spirit, by being given that down payment, that we are set aside for God. I don’t think it’s by putting on Jesus righteousness. I think the blood has been put on us for forgiveness of sins but…I just can’t see the rest. It’s frustrating that others can see it when they read the Bible but I can’t see it.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imputation is when God considers us to be innocent of wrongdoing - justified - even though we've done wrong. God isn't making Himself a liar, He's making us righteous, having granted us innocence, even though we did the deed.

Much love!

I call that forgiveness, not imputation…

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gaah…I still can’t see it! :mad: I think it’s by being sealed with the Spirit, by being given that down payment, that we are set aside for God. I don’t think it’s by putting on Jesus righteousness. I think the blood has been put on us for forgiveness of sins but…I just can’t see the rest. It’s frustrating that others can see it when they read the Bible but I can’t see it.

If it is ok with you,Sister, I will take this to the Lord on your behalf. At least you are honest and open when so many here keep their eyes shut tight so as NOT TO SEE.
Blessings.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it ok is with you,Sister, I will take this to the Lord on your behalf. At least you are honest and open when so many here keep their eyes shut tight so as NOT TO SEE.
Blessings.

Actually…I think most in here say, oh yeah, imputation, yep, I see it. I don’t think they shut their eyes against it…
I don’t think they can really see it in the Bible or show the doctrine by the Bible. I think they just accept it.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually…I think most in here say, oh yeah, imputation, yep, I see it. I don’t think they shut their eyes against it…
I don’t think they can really see it in the Bible or show the doctrine by the Bible. I think they just accept it.

I wasn't just talking imputation but your honest voicing of what you don't see in God's word.
Many do shut their eyes to NOT SEE all the TRUTH but few will admit it. We all are on different places in our journey but to get to the end we must believe his word, not mans, and the Spirit will show each.
I don't think it's a big deal not to see how God imputes righteousness to ppl. Many cannot get past Abrahams relationship to God and vice versa. Rms 4:20-23.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:4-11 KJV
4) Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5) Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
6) Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8) Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9) And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Paul rejects his own righteousness - the state of being right based on having done the right things - in favor of having God's righteousness - which infinitely exceeds his own righteousness - and which comes, not by doing the right things, but by trusting in God.

We trust in God, and God declares us to be righteous, not because we've done the right things, but because He's given us His righteousness.

Much love!