confession and repentance

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What sin are you repenting for that Christ has not already died for. Repent means a commitment to change.
Know that you are loved so much that God made you the righteousness before him. 2 Cor 5.21.
Just like any dad, God gets tired of you begging for forgiveness as you have already been forgiven.
Envelope yourself in His love daily. Let your sins fall away. Be His child and let him be your Father. Love him. Remember how much you love your children.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that God knows my faults, but I believe that is good to be open and honest with God with our failures, maybe that is just something personal to me. God being your Father he is gonna be understanding and the fact he cares about you should lead you to confessing your failures to him and always lead to thankfulness for his son, and keep oneself humble.

But maybe some people don’t do that, but it still is a good thing to do in my opinion…

what ever your ailment may be.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When The Holy Spirit convicts of sin Our response to the conviction of the Holy Ghost is to say "I am wrong".... The hardest three words to come out of your and @Behold 's mouth. It is then that the Holy Spirit can begin to sanctify you.

David..
If you are being convicted of Sin, a lot, as you have been going through, which is why you are always talking about it, then your Faith is not right.
See, real Faith, does not produce sin, it produce this....>"Christ ALWAYS ..... gives.......me the Victory" ..over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

You dont have that, David, and that is why all your posts and many of ScottA's are endlessly talking about sinning, sin, repenting, instead of talking about how God has delivered you from that broken faith and carnal Christianity.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying that I don't have sin tjat needs to be repented. but the little bitty sins that we do every day that we're hoping to get over that it's still part of your flesh he is tired of listening to them just like me as a dad that had 8 children. After a while I got tired of the same old thing over and over again and said let's move on move on.
Have you ever read pilgrim's progress or just looked at the picture on front of pilgrims progress how Christian carried that bag of burdens forever before you finally let them go. Stop taking those burdens with you everywhere. releasie them remember you're a part of God's creation and all the love that he has for that creation go and love and bring forth as a child of the living God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first Epistle of John is addressed to His converts ("My little Children"), so you are wrong.

Really? Uh no.
That is naive as saying a Church Preacher ONLY Preaches to the Converted and the Believing.

That is naive as saying ONLY the Converted and ONLY the Believing gather to HEAR the Word of God.

That is naive as saying Church Marquees are ONLY “inviting” the Converted and the Believing to come and HEAR what they already Believe.

ALL Preachers ADDRESS the Converted, those Believing, those WHO DO NOT BELIEVE...IN ONE SERMON....in John’s case IN ONE LETTER!

Jesus Taught the SAME WAY...ONE gathering, ONE sermon....and THE LISTENERS were of a mixed Crowd... Believers, the Curious, the NON-Believers.

Go review ANY of the BOOKS in Scripture, including 1 John...
MY little children...the Converted.
IF any listeners SIN...they have an advocate...Believers, NOT Converted
IF any say they HAVE NO SIN...the Lost...the Non-Believers.

Amazing you can not Decipher What Scriptures Apply to WHOM.
It is Dividing the Word of Truth.
All Scripture IS TRUE.
All Scripture DO NOT APPLY THE SAME TO EVERY PERSON.

It is Absolutely Ridiculous, to Think:
The Converted SIN.
The Believers DO NOT SIN.
The Non-Believers BELIEVE.
...And these are ALL THE SAME! They’re NOT!

Yes. It is How progressive sanctification works. It is our response to the conviction of the Holy Spirit when he reveals the motives of the heart, on the way to Holiness.

What an utter load of nonsense.

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. James 4:6

James 4:6 is not about becoming, “more and more progressively sanctified” !

Nothing teaches God Gives a LITTLE bit of His Gift of Salvation...then a BIT more, then a BIT more...utter nonsense.

Sanctification IS a ONE TIME GIFT from God.
It is the man that “progressively HEARS, LEARNS, BELIEVES, DOUBTS, (taught to humble himself,) CONTINUE HEARING, LEARNING, UNTIL the man is Prepared and SURE, to RECEIVE Gods “ONE TIME” Gift of Salvation!

The Churches ARE FULL:
of the Converted WHO have RECEIVED Gods Gift of Salvation... Believers NOT PREPARED or SURE to receive Gods Gift of Salvation...
And Non-Believers who have NOT Heard enough TO BELIEVE!

Do You consider yourself Holy as God is Holy?

I am CONVERTED.
I am “PERFECTED, wholly, whole, holy, IN CHRIST”.
MY body is DEAD, and Gods Word IS TRUE, He shall raise UP my BODY in it’s OWN PERFECT “HOLY” glorified BODY.
Meantime, I live IN JESUS’ Holy risen Body!
And Precisely WHY, I am called “perfected IN Christ”...”IN”CHRIST!
And Precisely WHY, Christ is called ...”IN” me.
And Precisely WHY, I am called “CONVERTED”.
And Precisely WHY, I am called ... FORGIVEN, SAVED, QUICKENED, WITH God FOREVER and CAN SIN NO MORE!

THOSE THINGS ONLY APPLY to the CONVERTED!
...JESUS “GATHERS” UNTO HIM...THE CONVERTED IN CHRIST.
...DUH...THE RAPTURE!

THOSE THINGS “DO NOT APPLY” to believers, unbelievers.

IF...a Believer CONTINUES believing (called ENDURES) to the DAY “HIS BODY DIES”... GOD WILL GATHER HIM “WITH GOD”...AFTER THE MILLENNIAL REIGN...ie the First Resurrection.

My point was a sarcastic response to his inability to answer that question when discussing the difference between imputed righteousness and holiness, and the instant sanctification when we are born again, and the progressive sanctification of a lifelong walk in Christ Jesus. Point being that he is only preaching half the Gospel of Paul when he neglects holiness.

And your preaching of an ongoing sanctification is false.

Last edited:
Reactions: XFire

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David..
If you are being convicted of Sin, a lot, as you have been going through, which is why you are always talking about it, then your Faith is not right.
See, real Faith, does not produce sin, it produce this....>"Christ ALWAYS ..... gives.......me the Victory" ..over the world, the flesh, and the devil.

You dont have that, David, and that is why all your posts and many of ScottA's are endlessly talking about sinning, sin, repenting, instead of talking about how God has delivered you from that broken faith and carnal Christianity.

The Holy Spirit convicts me of the sinful desires of my heart, ones I am not even aware of, as he is purifying my heart from the inside out. In other words he is making this vessel holy. The Hubris of the mind is one that you have yet to be convicted of. Proverbs 3:5-7, 1 Corinthians 3:1-4.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow nothing I like more than a stirred up theological hornet's nest.

As behold states. I too am convicted at times and must change my heart. I also try to take a regular assessment of my flesh.
I do this by asking the HS to show me any idles that I may have put before God.
Also any biases (LOOKOUT thats a big one).
But as alluded to earlier. Repentance is a commitment to change. Keep holding on to commitment and not on your failures.
Move on in the arms of a loving God

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And your preaching of an ongoing sanctification is false.

Shows you how little you know about the full Gospel of Grace. Here is a link that explains progressive sanctification so you might learn something....

What is progressive sanctification? | GotQuestions.org

Read the link as you are not worth my time going into detail because you are not ready to digest the meat of the Word yet.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Holy Spirit convicts me of the sinful desires of my heart, ones I am not even aware of, as he is purifying my heart from the inside out. In other words he is making this vessel holy. The Hubris of the mind is one that you have yet to be convicted of. Proverbs 3:5-7, 1 Corinthians 3:1-4.

If you are sinning and confessing, its because you have not understood how to be delivered.
God did not save you, so that you can spend the rest of your life sinning and confessing, as you seem to think this is REAL Christianity.

Its not.
I have written about 20 Threads on how to end that failed discipleship.
You should read them, unless you are going to just remain a sinning confessing repenting, baby Christian.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Satan hates holiness preaching because from it revivals are born.

And he really hates this........"Christ always Gives me the Victory"....over sin, the flesh, and the devil.
Why?
Because that Believer, can't be deceived, and wont be found living the Devil's idea of Christianity, which is to always be in trouble, sinning, confessing, and can't stop.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are sinning and confessing, its because you have not understood how to be delivered.
God did not save you, so that you can spend the rest of your life sinning and confessing, as you seem to think this is REAL Christianity.

Its not.
I have written about 20 Threads on how to end that failed discipleship.
You should read them, unless you are going to just remain a sinning confessing repenting, baby Christian.

Good for you, 20 threads all leading people to complacency and Spiritual stagnation, and the worst kind of pride that involves self deception. You deny that any growth and sanctification occurs in the believer after they are saved which is to deny half the gospel of Paul.
What is progressive sanctification? | GotQuestions.org

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he really hates this........"Christ always Gives me the Victory"....over sin, the flesh, and the devil.
Why?
Because that Believer, can't be deceived, and wont be found living the Devil's idea of Christianity, which is to always be in trouble, sinning, confessing, and can't stop.
So then you say you are holy as God is holy? You obviously have never been in his presence....

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya know. I am on this board because the churches I have been to are asleep.

Thank you all for a good discussion

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Good for you, 20 threads all leading people to complacency and Spiritual stagnation,

Ive posted more Threads on this Forum, i would suspect, then anyone who has ever come to this forum.
Ive done this, on most Christian forums.
So, im anything but stagnant, or complacent....and what i teach, is Pauline Theology, and that has to be learned by a Believer, or they will remain a sinning and confessing, mess......... as you know.

You, David... are a prime example of what happens when you do not follow Paul's teaching.

Here : Hebrews 13:9

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saddened by the fact that today's churches are asleep.
And even worse very few want to wake up

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just going by what the text says.... So Yes, you are wrong.

You calling me wrong, is merely your lack of humbleness and your increase in arrogance.

Scripture IS KNOWLEDGE.
Understanding the KNOWLEDGE is a completely Different thing.

You are concluding YOUR understanding is Correct, and my understanding is Wrong.

From WHERE exactly did you GAIN your UNDERSTANDING?
Do you KNOW?
Can you ANSWER?

gain entirely scriptural (Isaiah 35:8-9) Notice the unclean shall not pass, perhaps that is why you cannot see it

I am Converted. Do tell how the Converted are “UNCLEAN”, as you have decided applies to me.

Don’t be shy...PROVE “unclean” APPLIES to the Converted.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You calling me wrong, is merely your lack of humbleness and your increase in arrogance.
Your inability admit you are wrong shows your lack of humility as well....despite the text saying otherwise.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, David... are a prime example of what happens when you do not follow Paul's teaching.

And you ignore half of Paul's teaching as I have shown you over and over again, here on this Forum and the Other Forum we were on.

Ive posted more Threads on this Forum, i would suspect, then anyone who has ever come to this forum.
Ive done this, on most Christian forums.
So, im anything but stagnant, or complacent....and what i teach, is Pauline Theology, and that has to be learned by a Believer, or they will remain a sinning and confessing, mess......... as you know.

Quantity does not equate with Quality. It does not matter how many posts you make they are all preaching Spiritual stagnation and until you begin to see that you are preaching half the gospel, then you will continue to deceive yourself that you are high and lofty and remain in your condemning spirit of others on this forum who you falsely label legalists as you do.

I see nothing but self deceived arrogance in your comment above.... Just sayin'

Reactions: stunnedbygrace