Confession of Sin is a ONE TIME Event in order to Get Saved and STAY Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1john 1:9. “ If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just to Forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness....

Did you ever consider that this might just be a “ one time” thing?

I Believe it is....As Children Of God, if we Believe the Gospel,we are Free.....our sins have Been “ PURGED” ..... we do not have to run around always pleading , “ Oh God ! Forgive me for THIS and Forgive me for THAT! Where is the “ Good News” in that ? Where is the Joy that God has promised us......anybody with an ounce of Spiritual Insight within them knows that we all Sin every hour of every day—— if not in deed, at least in thought and then there are always those pesky “ Sins Of Omission” That the deluded man who thinks he never sins never wants to talk about.....

The moment that You Trusted that the Blood Of Jesus Saved you and that you contributed NOTHING ( He gets ALL of the Glory due Him—- you get NONE) —- That was the moment in time that you were “ SEALED FOREVER” , Baptized into the Body Of Christ and in a place where you are UNTOUCHABLE! Nothing, including yourself ,can escape His grip! He said so.

Since God turned me into “ A New Creation” , the things that I used to do that did not bother me suddenly became things that troubled me immensely ....even the Bible admits that there is “ pleasure in Sin” but for the Saved man that pleasure is “ only for a season”......and my little “ season” ended years ago—— sin now has the same appeal for me as sticking my hand in a fire.....that’s what happens when you get “ Born Again”.....

The Starting Point Of Christianity is seeing your wretchedness before a Holy God......As long as you try to hold on to ANYTHING that you think is contributing to something that is a Pure Gift, Given to this that DO NOT work for it , thinking that you have something to offer to God other than your sins....you are just a Lost , Deceived man living in a Fool’s Paradise....

We confess our sins and finally come to terms with them when we do as the Publican ( the Sinful Tax Collector) did.....he had been convicted of sin, saw himself as a Wretched Lost Sinner and cried out, “Lord have Mercy on me a Sinner”. Jesus said that man was Justified—— that means Saved!

Jesus did NOT say that now that this man confessed he was a Lost Sinner , before anybody can really be sure he was “ Justified” , we must now constantly keep an eye on him to make sure he asks for continued forgiveness every time he sins.....If he dos not...All bets are off.....

Jesus never had to be Concerned about the future of the Publican .....Jesus knew that he had done everything necessary to Get Saved and to Stay Saved.....the Man Repented......nowhere does it say he “ Repented Of His Sins”——-He showed he had Faith in God By TURNING TO HIM......Turning to Him as a Lost Sinner ......Jesus knew the Formula for Salvation, He knew the Promise Of God—— “ Turn to Me and I will Turn to you” .....

Jesus saw that the Publican had done “ his” part—-the Turning to God, CONFESSING that he was a Sinner ——- and He knew without a shred of doubt that God , being a Gentleman and all, would fulfill HIS part.....the man went home Saved.....Jesus did not say that the Publican was on “Probation” .....he did not say the man might be proven to be Saved later on if he continued to “ confess his sins” every time the man “ fell short” or “stumbled” or got “ caught up in some sin”......

After Salvation ,the Saved man confesses his sins in order to restore his Peace and Reclaim the “ Joy That is full”......It’s hard to get prayers answered if you and the One that answers prayers are estranged......Confessing Daily Sins is a Blessing to to the man that has already Confessed unto Salvation.....A broken relationship gets restored and we find peace...and rest assured ,you Legalists out there , God is not mocked and nobody Sins and “ gets away with it”.....God will Chastise His Foolish Children when need be.....

All one has to do to “ Walk in the Light” so that you can be assured that the precious Blood Of Jesus will “ cleanse you from ALL Sin” is complete the following ...... Have the Laws Of God and the Sermon on the Mount done their job in your life ......Have they forced you to “shut your mouth” in regard to falsely thinking that you have anything to offer God other than your Sin? Have you been driven to your knees like the Publican “ CONFESSING” that you are a Sinner who MUST have A Savior?

If you have undergone and lived out THAT kind of Confession—— THAT is the Confession That will get you Saved ......just like the Evil Tax Collector ....A one-time event, a one-time Confession got the-Publican “ Justified” ......that is all “ YOU” need to do......get Justified! Turn to God and Confess yourself to be what God says you are before coming to Jesus..... a Lost, Wretched Sinner.....until then, you are “walking in the dark”.... start “ walking in the Light” and let the Blood “ Cleanse you from All Sin” .......Rest in the Gospel Of Grace .....that’s how you “walk in the Light”...... God Bless....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After Salvation ,the Saved man confesses his sins in order to restore his Peace and Reclaim the “ Joy That is full”......It’s hard to get prayers answered if you and the One that answers prayers are estranged......Confessing Daily Sins is a Blessing to to the man that has already Confessed unto Salvation.....A broken relationship gets restored and we find peace...and rest assured ,you Legalists out there , God is not mocked and nobody Sins and “ gets away with it”.....God will Chastise His Foolish Children when need be.....
YES... YES....YES.... oh and wait for it... YES... This is the FULL meal DEAL with extra fries and a drink.
Any Christian who is EXPRESSING that SIN is cool... is WRONG. God will indeed NOT be mocked... ALL sin is WRONG.

The legalists don't seem to like us saying this... because it dismantles their "comfort zone" of making a list and checking it twice.

The legalists are lost with the thought that they are free to REST in the FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS. They need to add to it... by "being
good"... ( which makes them an instant hypocrite... as Scripture states that NONE of us are good )..It also seems to offend them because
they become accustomed to glaring at others who are NOT so good... in order to raise themselves up.

Sin is NOT on the mind of a BLOOD BOUGHT converted Christian... We are FREE to live our lives with the security of a FATHER in HEAVEN who lavishes us with HIS LOVE... who SINGS over us with DELIGHT.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:9 “ If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just to Forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness....

I Believe it is....As Children Of God, if we Believe the Gospel,we are Free.....our sins have Been “ PURGED” ...

Being cleansed from all unrighteousness is a practical thing (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

even the Bible admits that there is “ pleasure in Sin” but for the Saved man that pleasure is “ only for a season”...

Pleasure in sin for a season is for the unsaved...those who are saved do not take pleasure in sin.

....nowhere does it say he “ Repented Of His Sins”——-He showed he had Faith in God By TURNING TO HIM......Turning to Him as a Lost Sinner ......Jesus knew the Formula for Salvation, He knew the Promise Of God—— “ Turn to Me and I will Turn to you” ...

God is holy...so to turn to God is to turn to holiness and thus away from unholiness / sin.

.... Have the Laws Of God and the Sermon on the Mount done their job in your life ......Have they forced you to “shut your mouth” in regard to falsely thinking that you have anything to offer God other than your Sin?

Yes, we offer to God our sin and He gives us His righteousness in its place.

Have you been driven to your knees like the Publican “ CONFESSING” that you are a Sinner who MUST have A Savior?

Yes.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The legalists are lost with the thought that they are free to REST in the FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS. They need to add to it... by being
good... ( which makes them an instant hypocrite... as Scripture states that NONE of us are good )

Actually, goodness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). It is true that none of us are good...however, we can bear the fruit of goodness.

And, if we fail to continue in His goodness, we can indeed be "cut off" (Romans 11:20-22).

The place in scripture where it says that no one does good is found in Romans 3:10-18...

If you look at the context in verse 9 you will find that it applies to Jew and Gentile....but that there is a third group of people, in 1 Corinthians 10:32...the church of God.

And also in the context, in verse 19, you will find that Romans 3:10-18 is what the law says about and to those who are under it. However we find in Romans 6:14 that Christians are not under the law...therefore Romans 3:10-18 does not apply to them.

Of course, Jesus said that no one is good but God in Luke 18:19. Luke wrote later in Acts of the Apostles 11:22-24 that Barnabas was a good man. Contradiction? No; for the difference is that the Holy Spirit fell on the early church at Pentecost...He came to dwell in believers and thus He began to produce His fruit in the believer...among other things goodness (Galatians 5:22-23). When Jesus spoke the words, "No one is good but God," He was the only One who was good; He was implying that He was God. But after the Cross, men received the goodness of God; so the doctrine that there was no one good was no longer a reality. The Holy Spirit in a man makes one good...at the very least, goodness becomes a fruit in his life.

Jhn 7:39, (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How could it be a one time thing when it is addressed to Christians AFTER their conversion? Why does Paul tell Christians to examine themselves if there is no need to do so?
You explained this once on another thread... as being out of fellowship with Father... the converted Christian has an on going relationship with God... when he sins he becomes OUT of FELLOWSHIP with God... the relationship must be restored for peace to return. That is an ongoing process.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Justification: When I first believed, the legal writ against me was cancelled. My spirit was reborn, forever sinless.
Sanctification: This is healing of my soul, an ongoing process of repentance and crucifying whatever sin God is showing me. Luke 9:23
Errant doctrine blinds people to this reality. Shalom.

Reactions: Azim and Wynona

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES... YES....YES.... oh and wait for it... YES... This is the FULL meal DEAL with extra fries and a drink.
Any Christian who is EXPRESSING that SIN is cool... is WRONG. God will indeed NOT be mocked... ALL sin is WRONG.

The legalists don't seem to like us saying this... because it dismantles their "comfort zone" of making a list and checking it twice.

The legalists are lost with the thought that they are free to REST in the FINISHED WORK ON THE CROSS. They need to add to it... by "being
good"... ( which makes them an instant hypocrite... as Scripture states that NONE of us are good )..It also seems to offend them because
they become accustomed to glaring at others who are NOT so good... in order to raise themselves up.

Sin is NOT on the mind of a BLOOD BOUGHT converted Christian... We are FREE to live our lives with the security of a FATHER in HEAVEN who lavishes us with HIS LOVE... who SINGS over us with DELIGHT.

Some confused, poorly taught People are “ SIN” Conscience.....Others That are Mature, “ Meat” Eaters are “SON” Conscience......we are the latter.....one has to “ know” Him to be like this ...We will not be among those that hear, “Depart from me, I never Knew You” ......He knows us because we know Him.....What a nice Rest we have.....I hope others join us ......

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith being personal, I think sisters and brothers will confess after every perceptible sin as they wish. Not because that insured their salvation but because they feel relieved of their guilt in that way.

Whereas God tells us when we rgpent of our sins with a sincere heart, responding to the call of the father, he forgives us. And remembers our sins never again.
And if we feel we have sinned after that, he tells us we have an advocate for us in Jesus. Because all sins are under his blood.

And those in Christ do not make a habit of sinning. Which tells me I don't need repent and crucify my Lord over and over, should I feel I erred before God. Because Jesus took the sins of the whole world upon himself on the cross.

That's how I see it anyway.:)

God loves us all.:)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first time I heard this was from Joseph Prince some years back.

When I heard it, I knew immediately he had no knowledge of our sanctification.

If I remember correctly, he said that the believer repenting of sin was crucifying Christ all over again.

That is plain and simple, stupid!

The true believer feels remorse for their sin, that is what leads to repentance of that sin.

When Peter denied Christ, he went out and wept bitterly.

As I see it, when we think we no longer have to repent of sin, we become complacent with sin.

That is a dangerous place to be! The chastisement of God is not far behind!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could it be a one time thing when it is addressed to Christians AFTER their conversion? Why does Paul tell Christians to examine themselves if there is no need to do so?

They were to examine themselves to see if they were “ in the Faith”.....Did they Believe that Jesus was who He said that He was....Lord Of the Universe in the Flesh and our Savior? If so, you are in the Faith....

Reactions: Azim and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is.

Because after we've been reborn, we have the same mind as God about sin.

Confession is the translation of homologomen, or, say the same thing. After we confess, and God cleanses us, being reborn, we have the new mind, and we know sin is sin.

Before our rebirth, before coming to faith, we didn't consider sin to be what God said. Whatever we did think, that wasn't it. Then, we believe His Word, and we realize sin for what it is, and we tell God that. This is confession. Next comes repentance, metanoia, when we exchange our old mind for a new mind, where we take our old ideas about sin and reject them, embracing God's idea of sin.

This isn't about ennumerating misdeeds. It's about getting on the same page as God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some confused, poorly taught People are “ SIN” Conscience.....Others That are Mature, “ Meat” Eaters are “SON” Conscience......we are the latter.....one has to “ know” Him to be like this ...We will not be among those that hear, “Depart from me, I never Knew You” ......He knows us because we know Him.....What a nice Rest we have.....I hope others join us ......
I like that, that's good!

Sin concious, or Son conscious.

Simple!

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some confused, poorly taught People are “ SIN” Conscience.....Others That are Mature, “ Meat” Eaters are “SON” Conscience......we are the latter...

Of course, we are sin conscious because the law shows us our sin (Romans 3:20).

It should be clear that if anyone turns his ears away from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination (Proverbs 28:9).

So, if we are not sin conscious, but rather are Son conscious, the only way to be justified in that, as someone who does not turn his ears away from hearing the law, is if we have been wholly sanctified and therefore we are not committing sins in violation of the law.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, we are sin conscious because the law shows us our sin (Romans 3:20).
And in so doing, you are placing yourself under the Law, and you have fallen from grace.

So, if we are not sin conscious, but rather are Son conscious, the only way to be justified in that, as someone who does not turn his ears away from hearing the law, is if we have been wholly sanctified and therefore we are not committing sins in violation of the law.

Check Paul's words here:

1 Corinthians 4:2-5 KJV
2) Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
3) But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4) For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5) Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

He's not conscious of sins in himself, however, he doesn't consider this conclusive. I know nothing by myself, yet I am not hereby justified.

He points out that Jesus is the One Who judges, that we are to not, and that Jesus will bring to light even the hidden things.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in so doing, you are placing yourself under the Law, and you have fallen from grace.

If you turn your ears away from hearing the law, even your prayer shall be an abomination (Proverbs 28:9).

So, you appear to be saying that in order to be under grace, we must turn our ears away from hearing the law.

Is that reasonable?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1john 1:9. “ If we confess our sins , he is faithful and just to Forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness....

I Believe it is....As Children Of God, if we Believe the Gospel,we are Free.....our sins have Been “ PURGED” ..... we do not have to run around always pleading , “ Oh God ! Forgive me for THIS and Forgive me for THAT! Where is the “ Good News” in that ? Where is the Joy that God has promised us......anybody with an ounce of Spiritual Insight within them knows that we all Sin every hour of every day—— if not in deed, at least in thought and then there are always those pesky “ Sins Of Omission” That the deluded man who thinks he never sins never wants to talk about.....

The moment that You Trusted that the Blood Of Jesus Saved you and that you contributed NOTHING ( He gets ALL of the Glory due Him—- you get NONE) —- That was the moment in time that you were “ SEALED FOREVER” , Baptized into the Body Of Christ and in a place where you are UNTOUCHABLE! Nothing, including yourself ,can escape His grip! He said so.

Since God turned me into “ A New Creation” , the things that I used to do that did not bother me suddenly became things that troubled me immensely ....even the Bible admits that there is “ pleasure in Sin” but for the Saved man that pleasure is “ only for a season”......and my little “ season” ended years ago—— sin now has the same appeal for me as sticking my hand in a fire.....that’s what happens when you get “ Born Again”.....

The Starting Point Of Christianity is seeing your wretchedness before a Holy God......As long as you try to hold on to ANYTHING that you think is contributing to something that is a Pure Gift, Given to this that DO NOT work for it , thinking that you have something to offer to God other than your sins....you are just a Lost , Deceived man living in a Fool’s Paradise....

We confess our sins and finally come to terms with them when we do as the Publican ( the Sinful Tax Collector) did.....he had been convicted of sin, saw himself as a Wretched Lost Sinner and cried out, “Lord have Mercy on me a Sinner”. Jesus said that man was Justified—— that means Saved!

Jesus did NOT say that now that this man confessed he was a Lost Sinner , before anybody can really be sure he was “ Justified” , we must now constantly keep an eye on him to make sure he asks for continued forgiveness every time he sins.....If he dos not...All bets are off.....

Jesus never had to be Concerned about the future of the Publican .....Jesus knew that he had done everything necessary to Get Saved and to Stay Saved.....the Man Repented......nowhere does it say he “ Repented Of His Sins”——-He showed he had Faith in God By TURNING TO HIM......Turning to Him as a Lost Sinner ......Jesus knew the Formula for Salvation, He knew the Promise Of God—— “ Turn to Me and I will Turn to you” .....

Jesus saw that the Publican had done “ his” part—-the Turning to God, CONFESSING that he was a Sinner ——- and He knew without a shred of doubt that God , being a Gentleman and all, would fulfill HIS part.....the man went home Saved.....Jesus did not say that the Publican was on “Probation” .....he did not say the man might be proven to be Saved later on if he continued to “ confess his sins” every time the man “ fell short” or “stumbled” or got “ caught up in some sin”......

All one has to do to “ Walk in the Light” so that you can be assured that the precious Blood Of Jesus will “ cleanse you from ALL Sin” is complete the following ...... Have the Laws Of God and the Sermon on the Mount done their job in your life ......Have they forced you to “shut your mouth” in regard to falsely thinking that you have anything to offer God other than your Sin? Have you been driven to your knees like the Publican “ CONFESSING” that you are a Sinner who MUST have A Savior?

If you have undergone and lived out THAT kind of Confession—— THAT is the Confession That will get you Saved ......just like the Evil Tax Collector ....A one-time event, a one-time Confession got the-Publican “ Justified” ......that is all “ YOU” need to do......get Justified! Turn to God and Confess yourself to be what God says you are before coming to Jesus..... a Lost, Wretched Sinner.....until then, you are “walking in the dark”.... start “ walking in the Light” and let the Blood “ Cleanse you from All Sin” .......Rest in the Gospel Of Grace .....that’s how you “walk in the Light”...... God Bless....

where does it say “one time”?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To have faith is the start but one as such truly desires more solid food as Bible puts it, so it's not a one off thing that you are Saved at that point, Bible points out that you must be born again to be Saved and being truly born again means you are in the Kingdom of God in fact and their is a list of all them who can not enter in the Bible. now why can't they enter ? well they are clearly not worthy.
One must have solid faith this is the faith of God that can move mountains Bible points of such and also says, Oh ye of little faith ? so little faith is a good thing but you need more, but one starts off with only being able to deal with milk first and as they grow then they can start to digest solid food. So it's progression going on and you will become stronger in faith as time goes on but to be truly born again is not of your workings as in someone dubs you as such, many a priest was not born again and clearly we have seen devils in such positions possessed by the Devil.
No one can make you truly born again, if they make such a claim it's a lie ! a mate up the road was peddling that nonsense, he was claiming to save people, I have saved X amount of people he claimed :rolleyes: he boasted how many have you saved, I said non ! Only Jesus Christ Saves !

When I was Saved, I was on my own and bingo the lights went on, it was as if God touched me and I truly knew who he was, no more darkness or doubt about Jesus is the Christ, Phrase the Lord! It's 100 % conviction absolute ! no man can pluck such a one out of his hand. before that I had very strong conviction as to Jesus I was ready to lay my life down for God, but I did not truly know Jesus Christ and I may of been swayed by men for there folly, religion or works. as to such temptations I am in a position that can see such deceptions much clearer.

When one has faith or is water baptised you are then entered into a family, much like the Jews were Judah and Israel was the servants of God, not all were Israel but some were worthy of such that did serve God. so to be within the family is a blessing but not the key element hoped for. out of the 12 of Jacob Israel sons only one was truly worthy of God in fact. but not everyone is going to be worthy of the title Israel (Servant of God) but having faith and truly worthy of repenting of your Sins will have a place in Heaven for them that Jesus himself will divide, not Man, if a man claims he is going to Heaven it means nothing at all but such could be just a boast of ignorance or worse. I have seen such ignorance ranting's, sure one may claim the hope that is in one, is their desire and as to why that is and their hope for you and all people that's fine.

What I have seen is one boasting of their own god and Idols, for they clearly do not know Jesus Christ for they would understand that he is the King of Israel in fact. they have a false Israel in a State that claims it is Israel:rolleyes: how poor and clearly mans works.