Conjecture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's no way to speak to a lady. What ever happened to the "southern gentleman" approach...let alone a Christian brotherly approach? Certain posters here are just like trolls who bait and then attack. Passive aggressive types. We are not to accept just any treatment by just anyone. There are they who speak seemingly brotherly and gently...but their words are like daggers seeking to attack...

Ps. 55 Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.
20 He hath put forth his hands against such as be at peace with him: he hath broken his covenant.
21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.

I personally have a dozen or so people on ignore. It makes getting through the day much less oppressive. :) Why seek for difficulties? The ignore feature is way cool.

Really. And what size skirt do you wear? I expect a woman to wear a skirt. But a man???... just get a rainbow.

Stranger

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's speak on the validity of this succession of bishops. Now the Catholics claim they have an unbroken succession of said bishops.

The Catholics, Orthodox and Copts all have valid bishops. There may be others that I am unaware of.

But the missing piece is the Lord and His say.

Would you think He is not involved?

The laying on of hands has become symbolic

Perhaps in your community...

whereas before it contained miraculous power...to heal and raise the dead. So then unless THAT kind of power in there to be conferred what we have is simply a ceremonial passing of the torch...much like any other human institution.

Are you an unbeliver that you require signs and miracles?

I can give you testimony of miracles in the Church down through the centuries... I have my own thanks to the assistance of Br. Andre.

No, it must be by appointment by the Holy Spirit.

Of course! We rejoice when the Spirit calls one of our brothers or sons to serve Christ and HiS Church.

How was authority conferred on the original church in Jerusalem?

By Jesus Himself to the apostles.

Was this not done at Pentecost?
Yes, it was done

Yet people today don't believe in such an intervention and empowerment from God...and this among "believers."

Pethaps in your community..

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Gosh...this sounds like Eve speaking, to me.

Something big is brewing here...can't really explain though...the command to not eat was ordained for life, but Eve found it to be unto death. The devil took occasion by the commandment and deceived her, and by it slew her...

I see a similar thing today. A desire for wisdom of good and evil in wanting to be like God and judge for oneself.

I see it but...I can't explain it. But it ties into: and in those days every man did what was right in their own eyes...

Sorry, I should have just been silent if I couldn't explain what I saw. Something brewing there though.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Something big is brewing here...can't really explain though...the command to not eat was ordained for life, but Eve found it to be unto death. The devil took occasion by the commandment and deceived her, and by it slew her...

I see a similar thing today. A desire for wisdom of good and evil in wanting to be like God and judge for oneself.

I see it but...I can't explain it. But it ties into: and in those days every man did what was right in their own eyes...

Sorry, I should have just been silent if I couldn't explain what I saw. Something brewing there though.
Hi @stunnedbygrace,

I can understand that you can have the germ of a thought concerning this in your mind that needs to find fuller expression, but it is good to express it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @stunnedbygrace,

I can understand that you can have the germ of a thought concerning this in your mind that needs to find fuller expression, but it is good to express it.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I express it on the chance that someone else might see it and be able to expand it for us. It's not laziness on my part, its just an inability to explain it. Lol.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.'

(2 Timothy 2:15)

Hello there,

Faith is just believing that what God says, He will assuredly do.
However, though all Scripture is FOR us, not all is ABOUT us.

If I pick up letters delivered in the post, though all have the same surname on the envelope, I have to check the initials that come before it, for a letter sent to my sister, though maybe containing much that applies to both of us, as members of the same household, may have elements in it that are exclusively for her, and not for me.

The same applies to Scripture. For example, the children of Israel, if they were walking in obedience to God could be assured of blessing in regard to 'basket and store' (Deuteronomy 28:5; Leviticus 26:1-13) on the earth. That is not so for the church which is the Body of Christ, whose blessings consist of ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3). Different blessings, different sphere for their enjoyment.

* In other words, we can't apply everything that is written to ourselves.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God wants to bless us in "basket and store" as well. In fact, until we believe Him about what He has said regarding temporal provision and stop our worry over it, He can't tell us about heavenly things.

Reactions: Episkopos and Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think God wants to bless us in "basket and store" as well. In fact, until we believe Him about what He has said regarding temporal provision and stop our worry over it, He can't tell us about heavenly things.

Hello there,

With respect, @stunnedbygrace, does this not come under the heading of 'Conjecture', or of personal opinion? Not a belief formed on the basis of the testimony of Scripture itself?

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just became obedient in trust of what He has said regarding temporal provision in March-April. I've learned to resist the worry and stand firm in trust. I've been practicing the obedience of trust. I don't want to wander around 40 more years failing my tests. And I want Him to be able to tell me about heavenly things.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

With respect, @stunnedbygrace, does this not come under the heading of 'Conjecture', or of personal opinion? Not a belief formed on the basis of the testimony of Scripture itself?

Chris

No, it does not fall under conjecture or opinion. Yes, it is scripture based. Jesus spoke about how if God feeds the birds, how much more will He see to us?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

Chris

I am trying to understand why it is important to you to push against God seeing to our temporal needs...He knows we need to eat and have shelter from the weather and clothing to wear.

Reactions: Episkopos

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Agree, scripture AND The Holy Spirit!
"Since the bible itself cannot give an honest person any real idea of one's own true condition"
I have to take issue with this Epi as, I see a lot of scripture pertaining to the human condition...none of it good either, lol.
The Scriptures search us; and they are not designed to be complimentary or make us "feel good", but rather to point us to Christ and His work.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to understand why it is important to you to push against God seeing to our temporal needs...He knows we need to eat and have shelter from the weather and clothing to wear.
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

I do not wish to cause you problems, far from it. There is no need to question what I have said, or why. Neither am I 'pushing against God' as you say.

Chris

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth.'

(2 Timothy 2:15)

Hello there,

Faith is just believing that what God says, He will assuredly do.
However, though all Scripture is FOR us, not all is ABOUT us.

If I pick up letters delivered in the post, though all have the same surname on the envelope, I have to check the initials that come before it, for a letter sent to my sister, though maybe containing much that applies to both of us, as members of the same household, may have elements in it that are exclusively for her, and not for me.

The same applies to Scripture. For example, the children of Israel, if they were walking in obedience to God could be assured of blessing in regard to 'basket and store' (Deuteronomy 28:5; Leviticus 26:1-13) on the earth. That is not so for the church which is the Body of Christ, whose blessings consist of ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3). Different blessings, different sphere for their enjoyment.

* In other words, we can't apply everything that is written to ourselves.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Great verse there from Paul to Timothy...

Reactions: charity

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

I do not wish to cause you problems, far from it. There is no need to question what I have said, or why. Neither am I 'pushing against God' as you say.

Chris

Well...I said I believe God wants to bless us "in basket and store" as well. You asked if this wasn't conjecture and opinion, not based on scripture. So I gave the scripture (or one of them) that tells us He will see to our temporal needs ("basket and store".) You first questioned what I said, not the other way around. Do you want me to not answer your questioning of me...? You seemed to think it was not scriptural to believe He will provide our temporal needs. I believe He will provide both temporally and spiritually, so I answered you...my intent was to give an answer for the trust I have and to provide scripture for the trust I have. I think I have done that.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well...I said I believe God wants to bless us "in basket and store" as well. You asked if this wasn't conjecture and opinion, not based on scripture. So I gave the scripture (or one of them) that tells us He will see to our temporal needs ("basket and store".) You first questioned what I said, not the other way around. Do you want me to not answer your questioning of me...? You seemed to think it was not scriptural to believe He will provide our temporal needs. I believe He will provide both temporally and spiritually, so I answered you...my intent was to give an answer for the trust I have and to provide scripture for the trust I have. I think I have done that.

I see, @stunnedbygrace,

Thank you
Within the love of Christ our Saviour
Chris

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, until we believe Him about what He has said regarding temporal provision and stop our worry over it, He can't tell us about heavenly things.
I'm not sure that's true.

Rather, I'm pretty sure it's not. At least, in my experience, I'm a mixed up bag, and, if God waited until I trusted Him fully over that material before He informed me about the celestial, well, let's just say that's not what I see Him do with me. The heavenly understandings inform my faith for material need. I find one informs and reinforces the other, and at the end of the day, it's all one thing.

Regarding the material blessings promised Israel in return for their obedience, that's not the same thing as our trusting in our heavenly Father for what we need. And knowing that If He thinks it better for us, we may do without.

There's no automatic, "you obey Me and I'll make you rich" like there was with Israel.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's really good! I'm glad you didn't keep silent!

"in his own eyes", I think that's the key.

Much love!