Conjecture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But, if you use the Bible for the purpose that the Spirit of God gave it, then it gives life

Howdy Stranger, (said in a John Wayne voice),

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: aspen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Enoch @marks just posted the Truth from scripture, weren't you paying attention?
Here is what he posted:
And for the wrong we receive handfuls of ashes!
No one receives a handful of ashes at the Judgment Seat of Christ.
I wait as patiently as I can . . . to fall into the hands of my God Who is a consuming fire! Burn it all away!
This might be true for an unbeliever, but since Christ bore the wrath which was due to us, Christians do not face God as a consuming fire.
But whatever we may say about what form this judgment takes, still the words are used, "will suffer loss".
We are not left to wonder as to what this judgment is all about. It is a judgment of THE WORKS of Christians. Those works which have lasting value are compared to gold, silver, and precious stones. Intense heat does not destroy these things. Those works which have no lasting value are compared to wood, hay, and stubble. They have no eternal value, which means there are no rewards either. But all this is a A FAR CRY FROM PURGATORY where Catholics are supposedly sent to pay for their venial sins.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy Stranger, (said in a John Wayne voice),

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

You too are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Yes, I know I will be welcome at the feast. Not because you say so, but because God and Christ say so. That is the only say/so I am concerned with.

Peace to you also.

Stranger

Reactions: Philip James

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so! We have the witness of the Spirit too! You act like all we have is scripture but no confirmation by the Spirit!

There are many places that confirm this in scripture. I will give one or two. Paul said something like...one of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives to some men is the ability to know whether a message is from God or is from another Spirit. And in another place, he said he was headed for Some certain place and that he didn't exactly what would happen, but the Holy Spirit kept telling him there would be prison and beatings for him. Other places, the Holy Spirit told them to send 2 men to work for God and either told men to go to a certain place , or, conversely, prevented them from going to a place.

But I guess my main point is that there is a gift given to some men by which they can tell if a message is from God or from another spirit.

So it is not good or right to fail to take notice of this and insist that no man can ever know if another man is speaking by the Spirit.

But someone who doesn't have the gift to know can search scripture to see if a man who preaches fear of God and humility is speaking unscriptural nonsense. Now some men give Epi a very hard time because they do not like to hear that anyone who puts their hand to the plow and turns back is not fit for the kingdom of heaven. They do not like to hear that God has, and can, change His mind. They do not like to Hear that they should fear they could be cut off or disqualified. They don't even like to hear that they are in a race and must run so as to win. And because they don't want to hear these scriptural things, they say he is dangerous and should not be listened to.

But even if a man has not been given the gift to know if a message is from God, he can check the scripture to see if these things are so. He doesn't have to heed another man's warning to not listen. Scripture will show if this message is true that the safest path is to fear God, who can cut off and graft in, and to walk humbly.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many places that confirm this in scripture. I will give one or two. Paul said something like...one of the gifts the Holy Spirit gives to some men is the ability to know whether a message is from God or is from another Spirit. And in another place, he said he was headed for Some certain place and that he didn't exactly what would happen, but the Holy Spirit kept telling him there would be prison and beatings for him. Other places, the Holy Spirit told them to send 2 men to work for God and either told men to go to a certain place , or, conversely, prevented them from going to a place.

But I guess my main point is that there is a gift given to some men by which they can tell if a message is from God or from another spirit.

So it is not good or right to fail to take notice of this and insist that no man can ever know if another man is speaking by the Spirit.

But someone who doesn't have the gift to know can search scripture to see if a man who preaches fear of God and humility is speaking unscriptural nonsense. Now some men give Epi a very hard time because they do not like to hear that anyone who puts their hand to the plow and turns back is not fit for the kingdom of heaven. They do not like to hear that God has, and can, change His mind. They do not like to Hear that they should fear they could be cut off or disqualified. They don't even like to hear that they are in a race and must run so as to win. And because they don't want to hear these scriptural things, they say he is dangerous and should not be listened to.

But even if a man has not been given the gift to know if a message is from God, he can check the scripture to see if these things are so. He doesn't have to heed another man's warning to not listen. Scripture will show if this message is true that the safest path is to fear God, who can cut off and graft in, and to walk humbly.

And in fact, it is good news that a man doesn't have to claim things for himself and that all He has to do is fear God and walk humbly and leave all other decisions to God. Its great peace and relief.

Do you think epi's message is for a man who does that, or is his message for men who don't do that? He speaks warnings. Who are his warnings for?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in fact, it is good news that a man doesn't have to claim things for himself and that all He has to do is fear God and walk humbly and leave all other decisions to God. Its great peace and relief.

Do you think epi's message is for a man who does that, or is his message for men who don't do that? He speaks warnings. Who are his warnings for?

Are his warnings for men who always seek to take the lowest seat as the woman who said, even the dogs get scraps from the masters table? Or are his warnings for men who insist on taking the highest seat and claiming everything good is theirs despite this?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are his warnings for men who always seek to take the lowest seat as the woman who said, even the dogs get scraps from the masters table? Or are his warnings for men who insist on taking the highest seat and claiming everything good is theirs despite this?

Who and what does he encourage and who and what does he discourage?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two things we must do simultaneously. We must thank God for all He does for us and gives us, and at the same time, we must stay humble.

And given what I've said here, should I fear, having taught this, that I myself could be disqualified? Yes. I know myself and the pride I am capable of. So have I preached humility and then think the warning is for others but not me? No. It is for me too.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So look carefully into this. If epi teaches fear of God and always taking the lowest seat and being humble and leaving judgement to God, even the judgement of himself as to how well he has used what he has been entrusted with, And men argue with him over this, who is being proud and resisting the Holy Spirit? Is it epi? Or is it those who argue with his message?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you looking for epi's approval now? You have resisted everything he has said, across multiple threads. What agreement do you want?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @stunnedbygrace,

Episkopos is a mere man, who has the same standing before God, in Christ, as you or I.

'If there be therefore any consolation in Christ,
.. if any comfort of love,
.... if any fellowship of the Spirit,
...... if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy,
.. that ye be likeminded,
.... having the same love,
...... being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory;
but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.'

(Philippians 2:1-3)

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Of course he is a man. But I disagree that he has the same standing before God as every other man on earth. God resists And lowers the proud and lifts the humble. A humble man then has higher standing before God. Strange but true.

And epi will have a few seconds of dread over hitting like on this post, because a humble man doesn't see that he is humble, but he will like it because I have spoken rightly about God.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure it is the issue. If the Bible is not the Word of God, how can you trust it pointing to a living relationship with God. Are you saying you trust the words of men to point you to a living relationship with God. How ridiculous.

If you use the Bible, the written Word of God, the Letter, for any purpose other than what the Spirit of God created it for, then it does kill. But, if you use the Bible for the purpose that the Spirit of God gave it, then it gives life. It is still the written Word either way.

Thus Jesus can say " It is written". Which is what we should say also.

Stranger

This is a good start. (Ok you're wrong about the bible giving life of course) But now you need to move beyond reading a book to an interactive walk with God by the Spirit.

Look what the bible says...

Deut. 5:24 And ye said, Behold, the Lord our God hath shewed us his glory and his greatness, and we have heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: we have seen this day that God doth talk with man, and he liveth.

Baby steps...

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. I cannot help but think that His 12 were very special as they would be starting it all so, they had have been given strength, in the whole person of the Holy Spirit. The 12 will have their own thrones and they will judge Israel...we won't. Yes, there

The only thing I will say of this is that I see that we will be judged (as Christians) NOT for sin, as Jesus already took the punishment for sin. Yet, our works will be judged by fire...and to me, anyhow - that will determine where we will be in The Kingdom. Yes, some will be beaten with few stripes and some with many. Oh boy, I sure hate pain, lol.
The hand of God is apon you, you’ve already been judged.

Hebrews 12:28-29 KJV
[28] Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: [29] For our God is a consuming fire.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: marks and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Episkopos,

The verse that you quote from Deuteronomy needs to be read in the light of the whole of the testimony of Scripture regarding this subject, and not taken in isolation.

'God, who at sundry times and in divers manners
spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son,
whom He hath appointed heir of all things,
by whom also He made the worlds; ... '

(Heb 1:1)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Not sure what point you are trying to make. He quoted a verse that says God speaks to men. The man can't quote every verse in one post. But that He spoke to men through Jesus does not do away with the fact that God speaks to men...its just more proof that He does...what is " go to a street called Straight? Is it God speaking to a man?

Reactions: faithfulness

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There won’t be no whipping in the glorified state. The whippings are being handed down right now. And as far as pain goes,

John 20:27 KJV
[27] Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The hand of God is apon you, you’ve already been judged.

Hebrews 12:28-29 KJV
[28] Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: [29] For our God is a consuming fire.

Tecarta Bible

This is false. We who are of faith can continue to advance into the truth before judgment. We are not judged (yet). A believer can forsake pride and iniquity and continue to grow. As such our judgment would be more favourable. But they who are judged already are the wicked who resist the truth. They can't advance in their state of rebellion and unbelief.

John 16:11 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what point you are trying to make. He quoted a verse that says God speaks to men. The man can't quote every verse in one post. But that He spoke to men through Jesus does not do away with the fact that God speaks to men...its just more proof that He does...what is " go to a street called Straight? Is it God speaking to a man?

Should we think God did not give this command to a man, since we don't find the command in the OT? Or vice versa too, actually.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. We who are of faith can continue to advance into the truth before judgment. We are not judged (yet). A believer can forsake pride and iniquity and continue to grow. As such our judgment would be more favourable. But they who are judged already are the wicked who resist the truth. They can't advance in their state of rebellion and unbelief.

John 16:11 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
The verdict was guilty.