Contradiction Or Paradox?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not, and you have misrepresented my intentions, if you care to know.
He is standing by the letter of the forum rules/law here rather than considering the purpose of the one wrote the OP. People can do that.

I believe I understand what you wanted: A simple statement anything in scripture that seemed contradictory or paradoxical to anyone would I believe suited your intent, but someone was bound to get into his better reason as to why it was not contradictory or paradoxical. The is the nature of the beast that man is!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is a debate thread. You knew that the moment you posted it. Now, do you want to argue that it is not a debate thread? :)
Why must you be so confrontational? Is this an important point... to establish that someone cannot set or even suggest boundaries for a thread he starts on this forum?

Reactions: Grailhunter

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you wanted was a polite loving discussion and unfortunately it is easier to ask for it than to get it. Sorry!
All I really hoped for was people to contribute their favorite paradoxes.
I guess what I should have expected was a Sabbath debate hijack.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is standing by the letter of the forum rules/law here rather than considering the purpose of the one wrote the OP. People can do that.

I believe I understand what you wanted: A simple statement anything in scripture that seemed contradictory or paradoxical to anyone would I believe suited your intent, but someone was bound to get into his better reason as to why it was not contradictory or paradoxical. The is the nature of the beast that man is!
I'm already over it. :)

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 13:48
When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again facts are facts. Your whining is not going to change the truth. Something intelligent please. If you want to contest if the scriptures I presented exist or not...bring it on. Other than that they stand. You not liking it, does not change anything, or condemn me for telling the truth. I don't like it mommy! Tell it to the hand!
The scribes messed that one up . HE should have said eighteen .

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NEVER saying at first anything bad about it . BUT JUST planting doubts .
IT WORKS A LOT .
Isn't this what the devil did to Eve in the Garden?

Gen 3:1--Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You can’t eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Did God really say??????????? Did God really inspire the holy Scriptures????????

Reactions: amigo de christo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a masters degree in theology, right? Why don't YOU offer some explanations for your list of "contradictions"? My degree is in psychology. Not useful at all when it comes to this topic. :(

He doesn't, because it is his intention to cast disparity on the Bible.

The Lord will judge him for this, I wipe may hands of him and what he is doing.

No matter how you cut it, men wrote the Bible..

It is given by inspiration of the Lord (2 Timothy 3:16).

But no matter what, expecting perfection from men is a flawed expectation.

If the Holy Ghost is speaking through that person, you can indeed expect perfect doctrine to come from them.

NO . HE did not contradict the sabbath by healing . BY LAW they could cut , circumsize a male child on the eight day
IF that day fell on the sabbath , THEY HAD to cirumcise the child to keep the law . IT was not unlawful therefore to cirumcise
a child if it fell on the sabbath . AND JESUS making a man WHOLE on sabbath , was not contradicting it eitther .
LOVE dont trangress the law my friend , IT FULLFILLS the law . IT was no trangression to cirmcumcise or heal a man on the sabbath .

And my point was exactly that....that Jesus fulfilled the spirit of the law even while violating the letter of it.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 13:48
When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved
This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see. :)

Would you have any comments on the verses?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the two worst offenders @Grailhunter @ReChoired here on this thread who as I see it certainly broke the following rule and ruined what could have been a very good thread:

Rule amendment:
No flooding the forum. If your post stretches over multiple screens it may be too long. Needing to sift through an essay about someone's theology to figure out their point hinders discussion. Excessively long or successive posts may be subject to deletion at the moderator's discretion. This rule does not apply to blogs.

Christianity Board Forum Rules | Christian Forums @ Christianity Board

@Angelina @Heart2Soul @lforrest

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Gen 3:1--Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You can’t eat from any tree in the garden’?”

Did God really say??????????? Did God really inspire the holy Scriptures????????
Again the Bible is not a God.
God is not afraid of the facts.
If men are involved, do not count on perfection.
Place your faith in God...track everyone else.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is what they do . when the scribes copied down chronicles and kings , there might be a discprency here or there .
For example it does say eighteen in kings and eight in chronicles . But this is speaking of age . I think the scribe
just forgot to copy the teen part . BUT this is how they will try and say the bible is not trustworthy or etc
NO IT IS . ages and lingeage dont mean a thing . TRUTH , the meat of it , MEANS EVERYTHING .
So let none sway you sister .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I really hoped for was people to contribute their favorite paradoxes.
I guess what I should have expected was a Sabbath debate hijack.

I can stay on topic :)

Especially when asked politely in ones OP.

Sorry, I use these forums as a soundingboard to preach sound doctrine; and the subject crossed my mind as I responded, so I spoke on the issue.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to see. :)

Would you have any comments on the verses?
Sometimes I think it ones perspective whether we are looking at things from Gods vantage point or our own perspective. Gods would be Acts 13:48 whereas mans would be Acts 16:31.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you hear it from His mouth...real and true. But what man says or what man wrote is not going to be perfect. The Bible as a whole contains real truth...what we read from the Bible is someone's description and some times interpretations of that.

If you want to believe the Bible is perfect it is as accurate as many beliefs. Beliefs, truth, facts...where do they meet?

Are you saying that the prophets didn't hear it from God's mouth??

Your God is impotent. According to you, he can't even move on men to write what he wants written.

I believe that God is omnipotent and has the power and sovereignty to move on men to write what He wanted written. I'll take my God over yours any day!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It was simply his way of drawing her out and suggesting doubt.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again the Bible is not a God.
God is not afraid of the facts.
If men are involved, do not count on perfection.
Place your faith in God...track everyone else.
Your sneaky . i see what you are doing . NOPE . i STICK to the bible .
So what is ages got messed up . I test men by what meat of the scriptures say . yall can follow a pope if ya want too .
But i will follow Christ and cling to the bible . Who cares if a scribe messes up an age .
The fellow should have said eigthteen . but ages mean nothing . TRUTH OF WHAT GOD says , HOWEVER matters BIG TIME .
And they didnt mess that one up . WE STICKING TO Bibles . and ps , men aint GOD either , they twist much stuff too .
POPE aint god , he aint even a representative of Christ . Francis has to be the worst pope i ever seen , and i have seen a few .
DO NOT follow them . Just learn the bible well . AND ages dont mean squat . But the TRUTH IN IT , now that is to be loved and embraced .