Contributing to delinquency

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To give into the so called ministry of the so called prosperity preachers is to contribute to their error. Paul didn't travel about on a gilded camel with a silver saddle.

One of them I'd forgotten about I heard speaking and he mentioned millionaires... for some reason. He placed the words "I are one" boastingly, and disgustingly, in his speech. Fortunately we'd seen through him and had never contributed 1 cent to his so called ministry. If I gave his name you'd know it. He didn't mention it to that his millions came from those that thought he would do good with the money. He did but the good was mainly for him and his wife.

The internet and YouTube is overflowing with videos of their multi-million dollar compounds, mansions and extraordinarily expensive jets. Upkeep, insurance, fuel, maintenance and pilot salary for one of these high tech toys is beyond belief. Do you want to help keep them in a lavish life style which you couldn't even begin to imagine?

The Bible is filled with scriptures about the errors of the rich.

Can you be wealthy as a Christian? Yes but a, wealthy, righteous Christian is as rare as molars in a chicken.

Pray about who you contribute to. Pray diligently and get peace about it first. Another preacher whose name I will mention, was asking for contributors to donate monthly a given amount for a year. We prayed about it and the Holy Spirit gave to me a scripture to look at.

Exodus 12:2 KJVS
This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.

This was very plain and we felt good about it. The preacher was R. W. Schambach.

With so called Christian organizations be just as careful. Mainly they have a huge percentage of donations going to "overhead"... Whatever that is...

They employ heart rending videos of old and poor Jews and others to get their virtual crowbar into your pocket book.

We used to contribute to some of the veteran help groups but then they were rocked by money scandals. When we can we hand out cash to those we see that are needy indeed. If they have a huge organization with slick promotional videos then beware.

Your heart is probably in the right place if you're moved with sympathy for the needy but make sure you check them out first. And above all ask God, He will give you an answer of peace... or not.

As far as "apologetics" I make none for my views. I would need to apologize to you if I didn't warn about unwise giving.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
..the warnings faithfully come...but not many will listen... :(