Coping with unsaved loved ones.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Load-of-bee, if you are going to do scripture blizzards please don't do it in

GIANT TYPE FACE.

It is very annoying and makes if very hard to stay interested in a thread where you post.

Please don't be a thread killer, no giant type faces.

Reactions: Redeemed86

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When we study the way in which God is reconciling the world to Himself
( 2[sup]nd[/sup] Corinthians 5:19 ) , we see how these three signs of Moses coincide
with the three “squadrons” that Paul mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:22-25,

22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be
made alive.
23 But each in his own order [tagma, “squadron”]; (1)
the anointed first fruits; (2) after that those who are
Christ's at His coming,
24 then comes the end when He delivers up the
Kingdom to the God and Father, when He has
abolished all rule and all authority and power.
25 For He must reign until He has put all enemies
under His feet.

The first group is the anointed first fruits, because they are the barley
company, the first of the first fruits, who are presented to God. This is
typified by the wave-sheaf offering on the first Sunday after Passover
(what most people know as Easter). The barley first fruits were to be
anointed with oil (Lev. 23:13).

Afterward, “those who are Christ's” are next in line to be made alive,
or immortal, in the second resurrection. This is the general resurrection
of the dead which Jesus talked about in John 5:28, 29,

28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming in
which all who are in the tombs shall hear His voice
29 and come forth; those who did the good deeds
to a resurrection of life, those who committed the
evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

This is a resurrection that includes both believers and unbelievers, “all
who are in the tombs.” This is obviously not the first resurrection of Rev.
20:4-6, ....

Those of the "resurrection of life" in the John 5:28-29 ARE the "first resurrection" of Rev.20.

Those are resurrected specifically AT Christ's second coming per the John 5:28-29 Scripture.

1 Cor 15:23
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming.
(KJV)

Strike out the "the" and "are" for they were added words by the KJV translators to help convey the Greek, per their views.

The firstfruits represent the whole... faithful Church of the "first resurrection" that will reign with Christ Jesus. That's both OT and NT saints together that now sleep in Jesus. Per 1 Thess.4, they along with Christ's saints today will be joined together at His second coming, which is that "hour" of John 5:28-29 when those in the graves will hear His voice and come forth unto the "resurrection of life".

So what are the firstfruits really about? About the whole Church, joined at Christ's coming.

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
I find coping with loved ones who remain unsaved one of the most difficult trials. Very little seems addressed to this matter. I have had a step father step into eternity without Christ. I have a daughter (who was home-schooled but now is into Wicca) and a son (who was from a previous and never get to see) who has gone his own way and a father (atheist) who is near death.
It is very very difficult trying to understand 'Why God' when it comes to this matter and leaves me in a near continual state of underlying sorrow. Any suggestions?

As others have said, we keep praying and hoping in God.

It is perhaps hardest to witness or know how to go abouit it with those who are close. If we "push" it, they will avoid us. But we still need to look for faithful and creative ways to share the Message.

A friend of mine, whose mother is an unbeliever (and with whom he has had no 'open doors' to sharing the Gospel) sent me this note, yesterday. [I had sent her a copy of Oh Holy Night: The Peace of 1914 just before Christmas]:

"Just thought I'd share with you that my mom called me tonight and told me that she is in the middle of reading your book. She is really enjoying it, and wanted to send you a thank you note, ...we did have a wonderful discussion about that incident in 1914. Thanks. I really appreciate this, and I know she does too."

He did not asked me to do this. And if he had, maybe it would have 'put her off.' I just did it for a friend. More of us have to take intitiative in cases like this and pray for God's guidance, open doors, and ways to creatively share the Good News.

And as for this friend's mother who is half way through this short book [whom I have never met], this is what she will read at the end of the book::

...This is the peace of which the shepherds heard.
“Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace,
goodwill toward men.”
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace
with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
This peace offer still stands today. In the final invitation
of the New Testament, it is offered to all:
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these
things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring
of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him
that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst
come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of
life freely.
… Everyone who hears this should say, “Come!” If
you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water,
come and take it. It's free!
… Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes,
let him take the free gift of the water of life.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Those of the "resurrection of life" in the John 5:28-29 ARE the "first resurrection" of Rev.20.

Those are resurrected specifically AT Christ's second coming per the John 5:28-29 Scripture.

1 Cor 15:23
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at His coming.
(KJV)

Strike out the "the" and "are" for they were added words by the KJV translators to help convey the Greek, per their views.

The firstfruits represent the whole... faithful Church of the "first resurrection" that will reign with Christ Jesus. That's both OT and NT saints together that now sleep in Jesus. Per 1 Thess.4, they along with Christ's saints today will be joined together at His second coming, which is that "hour" of John 5:28-29 when those in the graves will hear His voice and come forth unto the "resurrection of life".

So what are the firstfruits really about? About the whole Church, joined at Christ's coming.

Let’s try to understand what the first fruits is all about by going back to the Law
and see exactly what Paul was talking about.

James 1:18 says,

18 In the exercise of His will He brought us forth by the word
of truth, so that we might be, as it were, the first fruits among
His creatures [“creation”].

In the book of Revelation, we are told of the 144,000 who sing a new song before
the throne of God. In Rev. 14:4 these are called “the first fruits unto God and to
the Lamb.” First fruits imply that a greater harvest is yet to come. Even as Jesus
was “the First fruits of them that slept” (1 Cor. 15:20), so also are the overcomers
of the first resurrection (the “144,000” of Rev. 14) the first fruits of others yet to
come. The first fruits offering always signaled the beginning (not the end) of the
harvest.

Paul alluded to the law of first fruits again in Rom. 11:16 (KJV), saying,

16 For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy;
and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

The first fruits always sanctified the harvest. When the first fruits of a crop,
whether barley or wheat, were offered to God, then the people could go home
and harvest the rest of that crop. For this reason, James tells us that the Church
is the first fruits of creation. When the Church is “harvested” and brought into
God's house, it is not the end of the world, but the beginning of a greater harvest.

Likewise, the overcomers are the first fruits of the Church. They are the “first of
the first fruits” (Ex. 23:19), that is, the barley first fruits that were offered shortly
after the feast of Passover. These are the ones who inherit the first resurrection.
Rev. 20:6 says,

6 . . . they will be priests of God and of Christ and will
reign with Him for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead, both unbelievers and the rest of the believers, will not be raised
until the thousand years is finished. Then all of the dead, small and great, will be
raised. At that time, the non-overcoming believers will receive LIFE, while the
unbelievers will received JUDGMENT, as Jesus said in John 5:28, 29,

28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which
ALL who are in the tombs shall hear His voice,
29 and come forth; those who did the good deeds to a
resurrection of LIFE, those who committed the evil deeds
to a resurrection of JUDGMENT.

It is apparent from Jesus' statement that the resurrection at the Great White
Throne will include believers that will be given life, or immortality, as well as the
unbelievers that will be judged. This is why we ought to strive to attain “a better
resurrection” (Heb. 11:35). The first resurrection is the better resurrection. Those
who attain the better resurrection are those who will rule and reign with Christ
during the thousand years of the Tabernacles Age.

Logabe

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Prism, I know it sounds easy for me to say, but try your best not to worry at all. Pray, witness, plant seeds where and as you can, and let God handle the rest. Sometimes prayers like these are answered quickly, sometimes they take years. Sometimes they are answered without us ever knowing the result this side of eternity. Just rest in the Lord, Prism. Trust Him. I've suffered much agony over unsaved loved ones. It was often when I finally "let go and let God" that the blessed answer miraculously came. I stand with you in agreement over the salvation of your unsaved loved ones. Much love to you.

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." I Thessalonians 5:24

sdcougar

Mar 17, 2010
South Dakota
A big chunk of this thread belongs. in the Bible study forum where the heresies presented can be addressed without taking this thread completely off topic.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Hi Prism, I can relate to your feelings about unsaved loved ones and would like to share with you a personal story...One day I was extremely worried about the state of my son's salvation or lack thereof, when the Lord spoke these words to my heart... "don't worry about your son because I can reach him at any moment that I choose" I can't tell you how much those words meant to me and I was able to release my son to God's perfect timing and plans for his life. It also helps us not to presume if a person went to Heaven or not because we cannot always know what discisions they may make before they leave us. I think we will be both surprised and relieved at who we will meet in Heaven. So, we continue to keep our loved ones in prayer, lead by example, and trust God to do the rest.