Coping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question on the psalm I quoted is when does that morning come... the one when joy comes? That was my question, but the thing I learned, which each of us must learn, is to stop insisting that God hurry up with what He is going to do. Simply ask God to help you endure what you must go through... He can do that as well.
No problem, Amadeus. Considering the lame thinking of another that I just had to deal with, I see I can be a bit testy. I should know you by now. I just get tired of holier-than-thou's erroneous judgements and hateful words to me. How're you feeling?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Among other things, I've experienced a physical miracle before, so I believe that the Lord is fully capable of healing me head-to-toe in an instant. I'm sure more compassionate of those who suffer, though.
I feel pretty confident your pain is a great deal more so than mine, though I've had some pretty tough bouts in the past. I've found nothing that wears on me more than the constant ongoing pain.

I want to start praying for you for this everytime I think of you, which I'm hoping will be every times I start paying attention to one of my pains. I love you, brother!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pain, suffering... Does anyone know why they exist, why we have to endure it, physically and mentally.
Its a question which halts people in their path to God. It was a hurdle for me to accept without understanding.

Do u take pain killers?
It's there because sin brings corruption and death, and corruption and death hurt. God moderates it so that only what will help us is allowed.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hear ya brother and I'm praying for you. My pain lately has also been just unreal. To the point where I cannot even think. I know God is using your pain to mold you into who he needs you to be. Me as well. But man, real pain is hard to deal with.

I just read how they just reversed paralysis in mice and humans are next. Yet they cannot treat pain worth crap. This is 2021 it seems like they could have good treatments for pain but I am sorely disappointed. They can get you hooked on opiate pain pills or they can give you a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even come close to killing the pain.
I wish I could use cannabis...I tried but I just don't respond well to it. Chronic pain is a huge problem...so is suicide! It's about time this issue was given the full attention to detail that we all deserve and quit the stop-gap measures.
Then there's major depression and the attention given that. Talk about a house of horrors!

Reactions: Mantis and marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I feel pretty confident your pain is a great deal more so than mine, though I've had some pretty tough bouts in the past. I've found nothing that wears on me more than the constant ongoing pain.

I want to start praying for you for this everytime I think of you, which I'm hoping will be every times I start paying attention to one of my pains. I love you, brother!

Much love!
Thank you so much, my brother! I don't know what I'd do without you guys! You're the best!

Reactions: marks

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truman bro I wish I could help you ease your pain by just being around the corner from you, to say hello once in a while. I cannot. I will though do my best to remember you in my prayers to the Father in heaven, with my chats to my saving brother in arms, our Lord Jesus Yashua Messiah.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truman bro I wish I could help you ease your pain by just being around the corner from you, to say hello once in a while. I cannot. I will though do my best to remember you in my prayers to the Father in heaven, with my chats to my saving brother in arms, our Lord Jesus Yashua Messiah.
You're here...that's a lot!

Reactions: marks and APAK

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to me, you have no idea what you are talking about. You really should stop and think before you open that noisemaker of yours...keep your carnal reasoning to yourself.
Actually that was unwarranted. Expressing an opinion is no reason to be nasty. The unforgiver is unforgiven....you know. (Matthew 6:14-15)

Have you tried medicinal cannabis for pain relief.....many have with great results.
How about acupuncture? These don’t rely on opioids.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually that was unwarranted. Expressing an opinion is no reason to be nasty. The unforgiver is unforgiven....you know. (Matthew 6:14-15)

Have you tried medicinal cannabis for pain relief.....many have with great results.
How about acupuncture? These don’t rely on opioids.
When I only hear from someone when I'm in a vulnerable state, and it's always in the form of what I call sniping, and it's been going on for a year+, excuse me if I get a little irritated by it. Sometimes the truth needs to be stated.
You name it, my doctor and I've tried it. I'm on a 20th of what I used to be. The Lord told me to reduce, so we did. A psychological and a physiological dependence are NOT the same thing. I am dependent on the Lord. And perhaps nicotine.
The word of the Lord came to me once and said, "All things are possible, if one only believes!" After what I'd just witnessed, I wasn't about to argue with Him. I believe Him.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem, Amadeus. Considering the lame thinking of another that I just had to deal with, I see I can be a bit testy. I should know you by now. I just get tired of holier-than-thou's erroneous judgements and hateful words to me. How're you feeling?
I am just a tired old man today. Being tired is tiresome but it comes with the territory. I know there are worse things as you are well able to confirm.

I do wonder sometimes what it would take to change the mind and ways of some of those like the one you just mentioned.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am just a tired old man today. Being tired is tiresome but it comes with the territory. I know there are worse things as you are well able to confirm.

I do wonder sometimes what it would take to change the mind and ways of some of those like the one you just mentioned.
Regeneration? I'm not God, so I can only guess. I may be wrong.

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to me, you have no idea what you are talking about. You really should stop and think before you open that noisemaker of yours...keep your carnal reasoning to yourself.
I see I have hit a nerve Truman and have no intention of contributing to your pain, however rightly or wrongly we see, the skin we live in to a large extent is the product of our own choices.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said to me, "I love you with and everlasting love." Then He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Then He said, "You've been faithful with little; now I'm going to give you more." A little later I read this and it shook me to the core of my being. "This can't be me that He's talking to...it doesn't make sense!"
"18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim." - Ezekiel 10:18
A little later it was like a bomb went off in my life, my foundation was laid bare, and life as I knew it, died. I chose to believe His word was true, but lately I'm being tested like never before!
I know He is the Chief Cornerstone of my inner man...lately I'm not the greatest person to be around. I hope those I hurt can understand. Sometimes I'm just not myself.
Praying for you, brother. I can relate! And I'm stubborn as well. I rarely take over the counter pain meds (less than once a month ...probably less). Instead, I pray, eat healthy as possible (organic non-gmo keto), and take supplements ....turmeric, boswellia (frankincense), and such.

I live with pain daily as well, mostly trauma related. Sometimes it hurts just for my clothes or water to touch my skin (nerve damage). I understand the frustration with ones responding without knowledge. Nutrition does help with inflammation and gives your body nutrients needed to build new healthy cells (provided there is no new trauma). Adequate clean water and sleep helps, as well as fasting and even intermittent fasting. Those are things I implement ...and good ol' ice packs, moist heat ....DMSO cream (really helps!!).

Edit: I also use something called red light therapy, recommended by my chiropractor (which is also something that helps with skeletal issues - chriopractic visits). It's costly, but I got a really good deal on mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just ponder on all the hope we have in the glorious LORD JESUS .
One day none will hurt anymore , no sickness , no pain , we will be HOME with the LORD FOREVER .
Till then , just remember our end is wonderful good in the glorious Lord . You are prayed for my friend .

Reactions: amadeus and Truman

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am joining in prayer for you my friend. Trust in God always. No matter how great the pain, do not give up on Him. You know already in your heart what He is able to do? Ask of Him, but do not insist. Sometimes for reasons we do not know our continued suffering is a necessary part of our walk... but then...

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5
exactly my friend . LOOK at the type of faith that pleased JESUS . IT didnt come from men who barked orders at GOD .
THEY all knew they were not worthy for HIS healing . Even the greek lady called herself a dog . HUMBLE . HUMLITY IS THE KEY .
But those spirit deaf prosperity bark it and claim it folks KNOW NOTHING ABOUT . HUMBLE PIE IS GOOD FOR OUR SOUL .
And GOD is with us no matter what we endure . HE CAN HEAL . but even timothy had OFTEN INFIRMITIES
and several others were made mention of that got sick as well .
Rather odd that when paul was writing to timothy about his often infirmities , HE never said , HEY TIMOTHY NAME IT AND CLAIM IT
Kenneth copeland and that bunch would say paul had no faith . BUT YEAH , I DONT HEED THEM CRONIES . I pray they repent
before its too late for them forever . AND YEAH , till they do i am gonna expose their lies and them .
WE just need to learn Christ for ourselves . Be encouraged my friend .

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crickets.
When the world hands ya crickets , JUST SING TO THE TUNE and PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Just raise those hands up my friend and praise and thank the glorious LORD for The mercy Given us in JESUS CHRIST .
Yeah . You will be prayed for as well . quiet thinker was saying some truths though . Often times
NOT SAYING YOU , folks can bring their own sufferings on as well . Let us simply CLING to the LORD my friend .
This life wont last forever . Though i know it does not FEEL GOOD to suffer my friend . It sure dont .
But you will be prayed for my friend .

Reactions: APAK and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the world hands ya crickets , JUST SING TO THE TUNE and PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Just raise those hands up my friend and praise and thank the glorious LORD for The mercy Given us in JESUS CHRIST .
Yeah . You will be prayed for as well . quiet thinker was saying some truths though . Often times
NOT SAYING YOU , folks can bring their own sufferings on as well . Let us simply CLING to the LORD my friend .
This life wont last forever . Though i know it does not FEEL GOOD to suffer my friend . It sure dont .
But you will be prayed for my friend .
Lol Amigo doesn't miss a step!

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear ya brother and I'm praying for you. My pain lately has also been just unreal. To the point where I cannot even think. I know God is using your pain to mold you into who he needs you to be. Me as well. But man, real pain is hard to deal with.

I just read how they just reversed paralysis in mice and humans are next. Yet they cannot treat pain worth crap. This is 2021 it seems like they could have good treatments for pain but I am sorely disappointed. They can get you hooked on opiate pain pills or they can give you a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even come close to killing the pain.
They were and are developing strong non-addictive pain killers. Haven't followed the news, but a 10 years back they were closing in on new meds.

Reactions: Mantis and Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regeneration? I'm not God, so I can only guess. I may be wrong.
Aye none of us are God. But, then regeneration is also the right word. However a real surrender is likely what is needed. A person must admit to his own weakness, his own frailty, I guess to do that.

Reactions: Truman