Coping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aye none of us are God. But, then regeneration is also the right word. However a real surrender is likely what is needed. A person must admit to his own weakness, his own frailty, I guess to do that.
How'd you get so smart...oh yeah, you're even older than me! Lol

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm Pentecostal so Im praying for a miraculous healing.

But I also pray that if that doesn't happen, God will give you strength, guidance, and purpose.

Reactions: Truman and TLHKAJ

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's there because sin brings corruption and death, and corruption and death hurt. God moderates it so that only what will help us is allowed.

Much love!

So then what do u say to someone who has a child born blind or retarted?

Or what about the pain the drives people to suicide, was that moderated for that outcome?

Im interested in your answers cos it's not as simple as you tried to make it out to be...

Put yourself in the shoes of a disabled person...

Why should anyone be made to suffer more than others?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm Pentecostal so Im praying for a miraculous healing.
I suppose that means you have a Penthouse on the coast? I didn't know that folk in that situation prayed for miracles. Do they want to go down a couple of floors to keep them humble? On the other hand maybe they want to go up so the view they have is greater? :)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope they don't make you feel different. Or hurt your stomach.
I've taken some non-narcotic pain killers that are entry level for what they're coming out with and they don't have any euphoria. So yes you don't notice the medicine, it only minimizes the pain.

Reactions: Truman

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most pain meds are damaging to the liver and other organs. So you take them to ease pain and end up with more pain down the road.
I took pain killers for about 3 years and took large amounts of them. No problems here and that was 10 years ago. My sister has been on them for decades and she's doing just fine.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've taken some non-narcotic pain killers that are entry level for what they're coming out with and they don't have any euphoria. So yes you don't notice the medicine, it only minimizes the pain.
seems to me your whole country has been set up for major pain management.....and if you don't have it they'll legislate so that you do.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How'd you get so smart...oh yeah, you're even older than me! Lol
Remember my friend that anything we have that is "good" is God or is of God!

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

In the beginning all that God made was "very good".

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good..." Gen 1:31

What happened to it all? I would suggest that men twisted and redefined things according to what was allowed instead of according to God's perfect Way. God allowed men to disobey Him and to walk their own ways instead of His. They did and have continued to do so.

So the "good" in us and in our actions are of God. Anything else in us is our own as result of following the old man, the offspring of the first man Adam.

Kill the old man!

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi. I'm having difficulty coping with my many health challenges...the main one being physical pain. It's affecting my relationships in a negative way. So I need to be coping better. Thanks.
@Truman Isaiah 48.10 speaks of the furnace of affliction. I do hope that pain relief is possible for you; (this was one of the arguments about legalizing cannabis, although this was also used as a cover by some ppl who wanted to use it recereationally.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I hear ya brother and I'm praying for you. My pain lately has also been just unreal. To the point where I cannot even think. I know God is using your pain to mold you into who he needs you to be. Me as well. But man, real pain is hard to deal with.

I just read how they just reversed paralysis in mice and humans are next. Yet they cannot treat pain worth crap. This is 2021 it seems like they could have good treatments for pain but I am sorely disappointed. They can get you hooked on opiate pain pills or they can give you a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even come close to killing the pain.
@Mantis You are right about getting hooked. I hope you can find some relief. A lot of the cannabis arguments that have gone round and round were supposedly about pain relief.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or what about the pain the drives people to suicide, was that moderated for that outcome?

Yeah. What about that? The pain from years of abuse and neglect that moved me to attempt suicide several times in my late teens. Forget the other times, one of them, medically speaking, there is no way I should have lived, but God saw to it that there was no effect. He left me with my pain by cancelling a 4X fatal drug OD.

Im interested in your answers cos it's not as simple as you tried to make it out to be...

Simple, but not easy.

According to Paul in Acts 17, God selected when and where we would live to provide for us the best opportunity to look for God, and I think that also includes the circumstances of our birth, defects, disabilities, like that.

I can speak of myself, and that imperfectly, since, after all, what do I really know? But I happen to think that I've been predestinated to become just like Jesus, and that's how it happens. We are all different, so it always looks different. But God does the same things with all of us, including using suffering to sanctify us.

He who has suffered has ceased from sin. Suffering has a VERY puritive effect in the child of God.

I have disabled family, including a nephew of 24 years age with a vocabulary of about 20 words. We marvel when he is able to express an abstract thought, like, "I'm happy".

My mother in law, she was one of the more difficult to see. Dementia can be a horrible disease! My wife has some fairly difficult issues also, and really, the only reason I want to stay on this planet is to care for her. Otherwise, I feel done.

My father, he gave up on life. He was in so much suffering he could have lived longer with treatment, but just allowed himself to die at 57. I really miss him, even though I hardly knew him.

Of course, volunteering in the assisted living home, with it's dementia ward, I had opportunity to see other's suffering.

I don't know, I don't want to go on and on about the misery in my life, there's plenty. Look around the forum! How many of us have serious health issues, including mental and emotional. We're a pretty banged up lot!

I don't normally talk about myself. It's not an easy answer. But the Scripture is both clear and true, and I'll answer any question you ask me to the best I can.

Maybe this . . . My sister wrote me a letter before she died from cancer a year and a half ago, one of the things she wrote to me, "I never understood how much God loves me until I was dying of cancer." I understand that, I've come to see His love in my times of hardest pain.

Much love!

Reactions: Mantis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what do u say to someone who has a child born blind or retarted?

Put yourself in the shoes of a disabled person...

Why should anyone be made to suffer more than others?
Put not oneself in the shoes of others . Rather put yourself inthe WORD OF GOD .
Job suffered more than most folks here ever have . Not only physically , he lost all his sons , all his daughters .
YET he didnt kill himself . HE Said the GOOD LORD GIVES and the GOOD LORD takes away , BLESSED be the LORD .
Stop worrying about this or that , and start learning bible doctrine .
IF one truly has GOD a moutain can come agaisnt them and though they suffer like hell on earth , they CLING TO GOD .
Folks who abandon GOD during pain and suffering and trials , NEVER REALLY HAD ANY HOPE IN HIM AT ALL .
STOP letting the world teach us and start letting the word of GOD teach us . TIS THE ONLY WAY folks are gonna make it .
I dont wonder why folks do as they do , I ONLY Do all to POINT THEM TO CHRIST , TO GOD , TO THE ONLY HOPE
they will ever know or have no matter what they suffer .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember my friend that anything we have that is "good" is God or is of God!

"And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

In the beginning all that God made was "very good".

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good..." Gen 1:31

What happened to it all? I would suggest that men twisted and redefined things according to what was allowed instead of according to God's perfect Way. God allowed men to disobey Him and to walk their own ways instead of His. They did and have continued to do so.

So the "good" in us and in our actions are of God. Anything else in us is our own as result of following the old man, the offspring of the first man Adam.

Kill the old man!
Thats good and well my friend . But let us also remember this . I had tears in my eyes my dear friend . Tears in my eyes
as i seen someone putting a like on a post that i thought i never would have seen them put a like on . It still hurts my soul to even think of it .
Why on earth would anyone of us abandon the true gospel for a false hope that most preach today . a false gospel .
a false love that makes folks believe that other religoins can be saved IN THIER RELIGOIN without coming to JESUS .
That is an all out betrayal of the gospel . How on earth can being a muslim save me , or being a buddist save me .
THE ONLY HOPE one has IS JESUS . JESUS himself said , if they BELEIVE IN ME they will be saved , IF NOT they will be DAMNED .
Every other religion is false . Its the work of satan . JUST LIKE ME , i once too was of satan . WE must come out of all false religoins .
AND the grace of GOD would lead us out of darkness . I had tears in my eyes when i seen what one person put a like on
in the muslim verses christain thread . You need to tell that person , OH no , JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED
and that a musim must come to saving FAITH IN JESUS and IF HE TRULY DOES come to saving faith in JESUS
he abandones his false religoin , JUST LIKE I DID TOO .

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats good and well my friend . But let us also remember this . I had tears in my eyes my dear friend . Tears in my eyes
as i seen someone putting a like on a post that i thought i never would have seen them put a like on . It still hurts my soul to even think of it .
Why on earth would anyone of us abandon the true gospel for a false hope that most preach today . a false gospel .
a false love that makes folks believe that other religoins can be saved IN THIER RELIGOIN without coming to JESUS .
That is an all out betrayal of the gospel . How on earth can being a muslim save me , or being a buddist save me .
THE ONLY HOPE one has IS JESUS . JESUS himself said , if they BELEIVE IN ME they will be saved , IF NOT they will be DAMNED .
Every other religion is false . Its the work of satan . JUST LIKE ME , i once too was of satan . WE must come out of all false religoins .
AND the grace of GOD would lead us out of darkness . I had tears in my eyes when i seen what one person put a like on
in the muslim verses christain thread . You need to tell that person , OH no , JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED
and that a musim must come to saving FAITH IN JESUS and IF HE TRULY DOES come to saving faith in JESUS
he abandones his false religoin , JUST LIKE I DID TOO .
I remember when my wife and I were new to walking with God. We went to visit one of my very old friends and his wife. I knew him long before I met my wife and he helped me a lot in school.

Naively I expected to see him and his wife come soon into the fold with God as well. Rather he went from bad to worse and the friendship was forever lost. He still wanted me to go out drinking and carousing with him we had done in the old days. He became rather such a beast that his wife finally divorced him. We had tried, but, alas, it was not to be...

As to the 'likes' given on this forum. I always give them to people with whom I agree, but I also give them at times to people whose beliefs and ways I strongly oppose. The reasons for this vary from case to case, but sometimes it is a small thing that can grow into some much bigger and better. There is more than one person on this forum with whom I can scarcely converse... What can we do then? Pray that God opens a way and they see fit to walk through it. We are trying and whatever is meant to be and we cannot following the lead of the Spirit because of history and rude rebuffs.

"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. ..." Luke 23:34

Could we do that after they had driven the nails through our hands?

Help us dear Lord!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am reading "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan.
I am reading the Modern English version.
Well worth reading, eager believers are challenged and trained by its teaching.
Many references to Bible scriptures located after every chapter.
Bunyan lived 1628-1688.
This modern edition is published by Bridge-Logos, Orlando Florida.
I highly recommend this book.

(The major theme in John Bunyan's The Pilgrim's Progress is the cost of salvation. As Christian's journey proves, the road to Heaven is not easy, the cost is great, and the true Christian must be willing to pay the cost no matter what.)

The Pilgrim's Progress - Wikipedia

Last edited: