Coping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi. I'm having difficulty coping with my many health challenges...the main one being physical pain. It's affecting my relationships in a negative way. So I need to be coping better. Thanks.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness." "He said to her, 'Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering. I am praying for you, Truman.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Among other things, I've experienced a physical miracle before, so I believe that the Lord is fully capable of healing me head-to-toe in an instant. I'm sure more compassionate of those who suffer, though.

Pain, suffering... Does anyone know why they exist, why we have to endure it, physically and mentally.
Its a question which halts people in their path to God. It was a hurdle for me to accept without understanding.

Do u take pain killers?

Reactions: marks and Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pain, suffering... Does anyone know why they exist, why we have to endure it, physically and mentally.
Its a question which halts people in their path to God. It was a hurdle for me to accept without understanding.

Do u take pain killers?
Yeah, but a fraction of what I used to.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do u take pain killers?
it is all part of the the fallen race....the unrelenting much to death.
There are many reasons for physical pain. An unwise diet, accidents, emotional trauma, fear etc. Some can be reduced or eliminated by actively pursuing a path to wholeness. I know folk who suffer because of weight yet they refuse to change any of their habits. The love of their sins is greater than their desire for being pain free.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are many reasons for physical pain. An unwise diet, accidents, emotional trauma, fear etc. Some can be reduced or eliminated by actively pursuing a path to wholeness. I know folk who suffer because of weight yet they refuse to change any of their habits. The love of their sins is greater than their desire for being pain free.
Some are just a royal pain in the rear end!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I ask for prayer for pain. Others respond with with compassion and prayers. Your response is that many suffer because of foolishness, laziness, overeating, and a love of their sin. Why is that?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you Truman. I've been on pain killers for a few years myself and am familiar with pain. The pain killers help alleviate the mental trauma associated with pain as well as alleviating the pain somewhat.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe it is not God's desire that we are hurt and broken, but the bad things that happen to us are a result of a hurting and broken world.
I have a few times almost lost my life because of heart attacks.
Had three bypass heart surgery.....new valve......pacemaker.... just saying.
Do I have a complete answer? No. Is God good? Yes!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I'm having difficulty coping with my many health challenges...the main one being physical pain. It's affecting my relationships in a negative way. So I need to be coping better. Thanks.
I am joining in prayer for you my friend. Trust in God always. No matter how great the pain, do not give up on Him. You know already in your heart what He is able to do? Ask of Him, but do not insist. Sometimes for reasons we do not know our continued suffering is a necessary part of our walk... but then...

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe it is not God's desire that we are hurt and broken, but the bad things that happen to us are a result of a hurting and broken world.
I have a few times almost lost my life because of heart attacks.
Had three bypass heart surgery.....new valve......pacemaker.... just saying.
Do I have a complete answer? No. Is God good? Yes!
"Faithful" is His name!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I ask for prayer for pain. Others respond with with compassion and prayers. Your response is that many suffer because of foolishness, laziness, overeating, and a love of their sin. Why is that?

I hear your request Truman but not posting on your topic like others does not mean my heart is not lifted to God for you.

We want to be pain free; thats why we pray.....however, if we continue to put our hand in the fire, what do we expect?
The scriptures have given us sufficient information to live in reasonable health. If we choose to ignore it, we make the bed we lie in.

Being religious, talking piously, praying.....you know, all those things done to 'impress' God, is a far cry from following his directions.

A few years ago I did a long distance trip on a motorcycle in the Americas. In Patagonia I had several spills due to strong winds and loose roads. I fell heavily and today suffer from an aching and weakened shoulder. I do what I can to ease it with exercise and diet.
After presenting my petition to God, where to from there? Do I give up on what I know will deliver some ease or do I persevere.

Reactions: amadeus and APAK

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am joining in prayer for you my friend. Trust in God always. No matter how great the pain, do not give up on Him. You know already in your heart what He is able to do? Ask of Him, but do not insist. Sometimes for reasons we do not know our continued suffering is a necessary part of our walk... but then...

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5
He said to me, "I love you with and everlasting love." Then He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Then He said, "You've been faithful with little; now I'm going to give you more." A little later I read this and it shook me to the core of my being. "This can't be me that He's talking to...it doesn't make sense!"
"18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim." - Ezekiel 10:18
A little later it was like a bomb went off in my life, my foundation was laid bare, and life as I knew it, died. I chose to believe His word was true, but lately I'm being tested like never before!
I know He is the Chief Cornerstone of my inner man...lately I'm not the greatest person to be around. I hope those I hurt can understand. Sometimes I'm just not myself.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hear your request Truman but not posting on your topic like others does not mean my heart is not lifted to God for you.

We want to be pain free; thats why we pray.....however, if we continue to put our hand in the fire, what do we expect?
The scriptures have given us sufficient information to live in reasonable health. If we choose to ignore it, we make the bed we lie in.

Being religious, talking piously, praying.....you know, all those things done to 'impress' God, is a far cry from following his directions.

A few years ago I did a long distance trip on a motorcycle in the Americas. In Patagonia I had several spills due to strong winds and loose roads. I fell heavily and today suffer from an aching and weakened shoulder. I do what I can to ease it with exercise and diet.
After presenting my petition to God, where to from there? Do I give up on what I know will deliver some ease or do I persevere.
When it comes to me, you have no idea what you are talking about. You really should stop and think before you open that noisemaker of yours...keep your carnal reasoning to yourself.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said to me, "I love you with and everlasting love." Then He said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Then He said, "You've been faithful with little; now I'm going to give you more." A little later I read this and it shook me to the core of my being. "This can't be me that He's talking to...it doesn't make sense!"
"18 Then the glory of the Lord departed from over the threshold of the temple and stopped above the cherubim." - Ezekiel 10:18
A little later it was like a bomb went off in my life, my foundation was laid bare, and life as I knew it, died. I chose to believe His word was true, but lately I'm being tested like never before!
I know He is the Chief Cornerstone of my inner man...lately I'm not the greatest person to be around. I hope those I hurt can understand. Sometimes I'm just not myself.
The question on the psalm I quoted is when does that morning come... the one when joy comes? That was my question, but the thing I learned, which each of us must learn, is to stop insisting that God hurry up with what He is going to do. Simply ask God to help you endure what you must go through... He can do that as well.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear ya brother and I'm praying for you. My pain lately has also been just unreal. To the point where I cannot even think. I know God is using your pain to mold you into who he needs you to be. Me as well. But man, real pain is hard to deal with.

I just read how they just reversed paralysis in mice and humans are next. Yet they cannot treat pain worth crap. This is 2021 it seems like they could have good treatments for pain but I am sorely disappointed. They can get you hooked on opiate pain pills or they can give you a bunch of other stuff that doesn't even come close to killing the pain.

Reactions: dev553344