Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He may never admit it; but he seems to have learned too that he can't control a virus by words alone and denying there's a problem. I think he knows if he keeps denying things, he'll be in a worse spot politically so lying would hurt him not help. That too is a good thing since it would show he learned from his mistakes. Who''s perfect? I don't ask anyone to be perfect; but it is great when people learn from their mistakes.

One can hope. Let's see if he manages to change his behavior. I don't think he can control it.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's ok, I don't see anything wrong with "teasing" GOD's anointed:

2 Kings 2:23 He went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead! 24 And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

There's no risk for your childish behavior ...
Bobby Jo
Oh now you're God's anointed? Stop it, this is too funny!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See? Nobody needs to "curse" you, because you curse yourself.

So good luck,
Bobby Jo
You know, my uncle was a minister, one of the best I've ever known, and had great sense of humor, and loved to joke around. It's a shame some take themselves too seriously for that.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, my uncle was a minister, one of the best I've ever known, and had great sense of humor, and loved to joke around. It's a shame some take themselves too seriously for that.

I knew a priest who once said in jest, "God put us here to see if we could take a joke."

There's more than one level on that joke, and I think you've illustrated one that people miss when they take themselves too seriously. Well said.

Reactions: Renniks

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

tn_us-flag.gif

United States

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Mortality rate (computed the way we do influenza mortality rates) is a bit less than 2.5%.

In spite of increasingly tight controls on exposure, we're still in the exponential growth phase of the pandemic. I expect a few more weeks before the number of new cases levels out.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, my uncle ...

Matt. 12:18 “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not wrangle or cry aloud,
nor will any one hear his voice in the streets;
20 he will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick,
till he brings justice to victory;
21 and in his name will the Gentiles hope.”

I wonder how many people Jesus slandered, defamed, accused, assailed, attacked, ridiculed, and belittled.

Maybe there's a lesson, and maybe some people are still maturing. :)
Bobby Jo

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt. 12:18 “Behold, my servant whom I have chosen,
my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased.
I will put my Spirit upon him,
and he shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not wrangle or cry aloud,
nor will any one hear his voice in the streets;
20 he will not break a bruised reed
or quench a smoldering wick,
till he brings justice to victory;
21 and in his name will the Gentiles hope.”

I wonder how many people Jesus slandered, defamed, accused, assailed, attacked, ridiculed, and belittled.

Maybe there's a lesson, and maybe some people are still maturing. :)
Bobby Jo
Jesus did all of the above to quite a few religious leaders.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so take the clue ...

OR -- play childish games,
Bobby Jo
? Well if you want my perspective, I don't know if you're young or old, male or female, or work in a chocolate factory or a church. There's a fairly good chance you might be a 12 year old girl with glitter on her phone, creating a persona here, in between giggling with her girlfriends. So forgive me if I don't take this conversation too seriously, oh random person on the internet.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In spite of increasingly tight controls on exposure, we're still in the exponential growth phase of the pandemic.
Stop using the term *exponential*.

Like I showed someone else, the deaths from car accidents WORLDWIDE in one week are roughly equivalent to COVID-10 deaths worldwide since it started in Wuhan (months ago).

NO DEATHS IN THE FOLLOWING STATES OF THE USA
1. Idaho
2. Montana
3. North Dakota
4. Nebraska
5. West Virginia
6. Maine
7. Alaska

In many others there are 10 or fewer than 10 deaths (down to 1).

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...I don't know if you're young or old, male or female, ..There's a fairly good chance you might be a 12 year old girl with glitter on her phone, ...

Yeah, I think we already know who the 12 year old is, -- and it's probably some 50 year old guy who never grew up, and blames others for his child-like ways, -- with or without "glitter" ...

Bobby Jo

To All,

I guess it's ok to slander, insult, defame, and ridicule someone who you don't know. I suppose Jesus did the same, -- all in anonymity --, because he was also a coward.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Like I showed someone else, the deaths from car accidents WORLDWIDE in one week are roughly equivalent to COVID-10 deaths worldwide since it started in Wuhan (months ago).

NO DEATHS IN THE FOLLOWING STATES OF THE USA
1. Idaho
2. Montana
3. North Dakota
4. Nebraska
5. West Virginia
6. Maine
7. Alaska

In many others there are 10 or fewer than 10 deaths (down to 1).
Exactly. People are getting hysterical and it is ridiculous. @Yehren and others like him are part of the problem.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I think we already know who the 12 year old is, -- and it's probably some 50 year old guy who never grew up, and blames others for his child-like ways, -- with or without "glitter" ...

Bobby Jo

To All,

I guess it's ok to slander, insult, defame, and ridicule someone who you don't know. I suppose Jesus did the same, -- all in anonymity --, because he was also a coward.

Bobby Jo
Are you really a preacher? Just want to make sure to avoid your church if so. Good grief.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In spite of increasingly tight controls on exposure, we're still in the exponential growth phase of the pandemic.

Well, let's take a look. Here's the daily new infections:
upload_2020-3-26_16-32-40.png
Here's the daily deaths:

upload_2020-3-26_16-33-33.png
See the trend? That's what the word "exponential" means. Look it up.

About 90 people in the United States die in car accidents each day. We're now up to 250 COVID-19 deaths a day. And it's increasing (you know, the "E-word").

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. People are getting hysterical and it is ridiculous.

Hundreds of Americans dying from the virus every day, does raise concern, yes. And of course there are those who think that if the truth gets out, people will panic. But when Trump was lying to us about it, saying it was "contained", when he knew better, that caused panic when people realized that our government was lying to us.

@Yehren and others like him are part of the problem.

It's the dichotomy between dictatorships and free countries. Dictators think people shouldn't know the truth. Free countries depend on the truth being known.

And the kicker is, as long as we have free media, the truth gets out. Why do you think all the bad guys want to get the press under control?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, let's take a look. Here's the daily new infections:
View attachment 8903
Here's the daily deaths:

View attachment 8904
See the trend? That's what the word "exponential" means. Look it up.

About 90 people in the United States die in car accidents each day. We're now up to 250 COVID-19 deaths a day. And it's increasing (you know, the "E-word").
How many people die each day from the common flu?. apparently, we don't keep track all that well. Say it's the 6100 estimate. That's an average of 167 a day for the whole year. This thing is going to run its course and slack off.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really a christian? Just want to make sure to avoid you if you actually think so.

Whew,
Bobby Jo
I've been a Christian for about 41 years. I try not to take myself too seriously these days. Some people like humor, some don't, I guess.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been a Christian for about 41 years. I try not to take myself too seriously these days. Some people like humor, some don't, I guess.

Apparently the 42 boys thought they were also funny, but GOD though otherwise. And maybe 41 years of something, or even 50+ years of something else, isn't enough. It appears that some take longer than others to be more like Jesus.

Do you think you'll EVER consider that Lke 22:36 is important, or are you content mocking?
Bobby Jo