Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well the truth is that it was NOT spiralling out of control except in a few states, particularly New York state. But the MSM were trying to create mass hysteria and panic.

Don't forget that both China and WHO deliberately misled the world. But Trump's response overall has been OUTSTANDING compared to Obama's (which you will neither acknowledge nor commend).
The President has to be careful about what he says because a wrong word could incite panic. If he has put measures in place involving people self isolating if they think they may have been exposed to the virus, and people disobey his instructions, they cannot blame the President or the health authorities if people contract the virus and pass it on to others. Disobedient people tend to shift the blame to others when consequences arise because of their disobedience. It is much easier to blame the President than to admit that what they did was wrong and possibly caused the death of others.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the coronavirus originate in China? How did it originate? How did it spread so fast around the world? Is this germ warfare that got out of control? I keep hearing multiple theories. The more I hear about deaths surging and the devastation this virus has had on the economy, the more furious I become! :mad:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw on ABC World News last night that the US has surpassed China in confirmed cases of the coronavirus. They are calling a hospital in Queens New York the epicenter for the virus. 13 deaths in 24 hours at that hospital. So many deaths altogether there that they had to bring in a refrigerated trailer to store the bodies. :eek:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone sent me this video about Bill Gates and microchip vaccine implants to fight coronavirus. o_O

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This corona virus is actually good for businesses now that I think about it. The more old people it kills off, the less pensions/401k plans they have to worry about. ;)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This corona virus is actually good for businesses now that I think about it. The more old people it kills off, the less pensions/401k plans they have to worry about. ;)
It would have other financial "benefits." It would help the Social Security Trust Fund since they'd be paying less out. It would help the Medicare Fund too since the faster old people die, the fewer people would have to be treated for lingering and expensive treatment. It would save money for HUD since it could reduce the amount spent on housing vouchers for the elderly.

Reactions: Dcopymope

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would have other financial "benefits." It would help the Social Security Trust Fund since they'd be paying less out. It would help the Medicare Fund too since the faster old people die, the fewer people would have to be treated for lingering and expensive treatment. It would save money for HUD since it could reduce the amount spent on housing vouchers for the elderly.

The Lt. Governor of Texas made a statement decrying the older people who didn't want to die in the pandemic, saying that they were just being selfish and not thinking of the coming generations. Next up, death panels.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The testing fiasco was the original sin of America’s pandemic failure, the single flaw that undermined every other countermeasure. If the country could have accurately tracked the spread of the virus, hospitals could have executed their pandemic plans, girding themselves by allocating treatment rooms, ordering extra supplies, tagging in personnel, or assigning specific facilities to deal with COVID-19 cases. None of that happened.
Partly, that’s because the White House is a ghost town of scientific expertise. A pandemic-preparedness office that was part of the National Security Council was dissolved in 2018. On January 28, Luciana Borio, who was part of that team, urged the government to “act now to prevent an American epidemic,” and specifically to work with the private sector to develop fast, easy diagnostic tests. But with the office shuttered, those warnings were published in The Wall Street Journal, rather than spoken into the president’s ear. Instead of springing into action, America sat idle.

Rudderless, blindsided, lethargic, and uncoordinated, America has mishandled the COVID-19 crisis to a substantially worse degree than what every health expert I’ve spoken with had feared. “Much worse,” said Ron Klain, who coordinated the U.S. response to the West African Ebola outbreak in 2014. “Beyond any expectations we had,” said Lauren Sauer, who works on disaster preparedness at Johns Hopkins Medicine. “As an American, I’m horrified,” said Seth Berkley, who heads Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance. “The U.S. may end up with the worst outbreak in the industrialized world.”
How the Pandemic Will End

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
upload_2020-3-27_9-49-12.png
Panic won't work. Social isolation and obsessive hand washing will help to reduce the increase. We blew the chance to control this one; now we all need to work together to blunt the worst of it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
United States

Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

From calling "hysteria" over the outbreak a Democratic hoax, to announcing a national emergency and urging all Americans to work from home and avoid public spaces, US president Donald Trump’s rhetoric on the coronavirus pandemic has shifted significantly in the space of a few weeks.

Trump has come in for heavy criticism from political opponents for what they say was his failure to take the threat of the virus seriously when the outbreak first emerged.

"Thirty five thousand people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that?" Trump told supporters at a rally on February 28.

"Thirty five thousand. That's a lot of people. And so far, we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States."

"Now, the Democrats are politicising the coronavirus… this is their new hoax."

But just a few weeks later, Trump’s tone had changed dramatically as he announced a national emergency and urged Americans to take drastic measures to avoid contamination.
From ‘hoax’ to pandemic: Trump’s shifting rhetoric on coronavirus

The few weeks it took him to admit that the fears of a major epidemic was not a hoax, cost many lives. It took about 6 weeks to go from zero to 50,000 cases. It took 3 days to go from 50,000 to 100,000 cases. We blew it, and there will be a terrible price to pay.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lt. Governor of Texas made a statement decrying the older people who didn't want to die in the pandemic, saying that they were just being selfish and not thinking of the coming generations. Next up, death panels.
What he failed to address was the lack of planning that set up the situation where people may have to make this kind of choice.

I heard health care workers talking on the radio about some of the tough choices they're already making. While there aren't panels sitting down to make decisions like that, doctors are being forced to.

I remember the talk about death panels when Republicans opposed Obamacare. They are silent now. I say we need to stop being partisan about it. There is clearly something wrong with our health care system. For years Republicans preached that health care should be free enterprise. I understand their desire for free enterprise; but is it working? Clearly it isn't, not when hospitals haven't stocked up on supplies they need, when they lack enough beds, and so on. Then when things fail, these "free enterprises" want government help?

The choice seems to be if we want government to stay out of business, or do we want it to allow corporations to make big bucks when things are going fine and bail them out when things go wrong? Something similar is seen with airlines which made big bucks which often got spent on stock buy-backs so stock prices went up and the CEOs got big bonuses.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the US has surpassed China in confirmed cases ...

... ACKNOWLEDGED cases. China has covered up certainly thousands of not tens of thousands.

Our government is forthright, but China's has alternate agendas. And ABC News or any other FAKE NEWS isn't going to explain the distinctions.

And your "video" isn't a source of news.
Bobby Jo

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our government is forthright

A couple of weeks ago, they were assuring us that the epidemic was "contained." If you think that's "forthright", I have a bridge to sell you.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... ACKNOWLEDGED cases. China has covered up certainly thousands of not tens of thousands.

Our government is forthright, but China's has alternate agendas. And ABC News or any other FAKE NEWS isn't going to explain the distinctions.

And your "video" isn't a source of news.
Bobby Jo
Let Trump be true and every man a liar.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo said:
Our government is forthright

Yehren chuckles:
A couple of weeks ago, they were assuring us that the epidemic was "contained." If you think that's "forthright", I have a bridge to sell you.

... yeah, the same bridge in all your other posts.

If you think so, you're a lot more gullible than I think you are.