Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This graph shows very good news:

View attachment 8948
The pandemic is still rising, but the rate of infection is slowing. Although the initial response was a fiasco, state and local governments stepped up and that response seems to have been effective. Pray that this continues, and that people continue to maintain social distancing and good sanitation.
It's not time to celebrate yet. All we have is a decrease in the rate of new infections. The number of cases is still growing exponentially:

View attachment 8949
But this may be the moment when it begins to turn around.
The only fiasco has been Pelosi and gang.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you are such an expert...

Having a degree in bacteriology, having done the flu immunization program for 2nd AF, having done graduate work in immunology and having a master's degree in systems does help, yes.

But I'm relying in what I'm seeing in the literature, from guys who actually make a living at this kind of thing.

You?

Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert
"It's something we have complete control over."

Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert - CNNPolitics

Any questions?

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This graph shows very good news:

View attachment 8948
The pandemic is still rising, but the rate of infection is slowing. Although the initial response was a fiasco, state and local governments stepped up and that response seems to have been effective. Pray that this continues, and that people continue to maintain social distancing and good sanitation.
It's not time to celebrate yet. All we have is a decrease in the rate of new infections. The number of cases is still growing exponentially:

View attachment 8949

The only fiasco has been Pelosi and gang.

It wasn't Pelosi's job to get on this to recognize the danger and take steps to protect us.

It was Trump's. And he bungled it. "It's something we have complete control over." You betcha. By the time he realized that he couldn't talk his way out of it, it was too late to avoid all those deaths.

Give him credit for finally getting it, but if we had a leader in the WH, it wouldn't have gotten as bad as it is.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a degree in bacteriology, having done the flu immunization program for 2nd AF, having done graduate work in immunology and having a master's degree in systems does help, yes.

But I'm relying in what I'm seeing in the literature, from guys who actually make a living at this kind of thing.

You?

Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert
"It's something we have complete control over."

Trump claims coronavirus is under control -- contradicting reality and his own top expert - CNNPolitics

Any questions?
Well based on the junk you have put on here you are anything BUT an expert. Just a liberal, Trump hating, alarmist.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was Trump's. And he bungled it. "It's something we have complete control over." You betcha. By the time he realized that he couldn't talk his way out of it, it was too late to avoid all those deaths.
Yeah you keep peddling this lie. Ignoring the fact he was restricting travel and taking steps to protect us. Get your liberal trash out of here.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah you keep peddling this lie.

Well, let's take a look...

“No, not at all,” Trump told CNBC in a Jan. 22 interview on CNBC when “Squawk Box” co-host Joe Kernen asked him if there were worries about an outbreak of the novel coronavirus in China becoming a “pandemic.”

“It’s going to be just fine,” Trump assured Kernen during the interview at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

“We have it totally under control.”
Trump dismissed coronavirus pandemic worry in January — now claims he long warned about it

Trump has repeatedly claimed, falsely, to have the virus under control. He said in late January, soon after the US announced its first confirmed case, that "we have it totally under control." He said in late February, when the number of confirmed US cases was in the low dozens, that "we have it very much under control in this country."
Other senior members of Trump's team have made similar false claims. Larry Kudlow, director of the National Economic Council, has said that the virus "is contained," while Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the President, has said that it "is being contained."
Trump dismissed coronavirus pandemic worry in January — now claims he long warned about it

On Jan. 28, he retweeted a headline from One America News, an outlet with a history of spreading false conspiracy theories: “Johnson & Johnson to create coronavirus vaccine.” On Jan. 30, during a speech in Michigan, he said: “We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”
Opinion | A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus

President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

Ignoring the fact he was restricting travel and taking steps to protect us.

Want to see how well that worked?

upload_2020-3-31_16-37-0.png

As usual, he thought he knew better than the experts. And while South Korea, which had its first case the same time we did, is now seeing the epidemic fade, we're yet to see the worst of it. “We have it totally under control”, Trump said. You think so?

Get your liberal trash out of here.

Reality might be offensive to you, but it has the virtue of being real. Try to find a way to live with it.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You?

Well based on the junk you have put on here you are anything BUT an expert. Just a liberal, Trump hating, alarmist.

Notice that it's going the way I told you it would. I'm not an expert, but there's two consideration here:

1. I know a lot more about this than you do.

2. I spent some time, checking the literature from those who actually work with epidemics for a living. You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by doing the same thing.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reality might be offensive to you, but it has the virtue of being real. Try to find a way to live with it.
It's funny that you think it is reality. It's not.

At the time, his statements were not lies. You can't prove they were lies and accusation of lying is a pretty big charge. Typical liberal spin machine. You are a disgrace.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the time, his statements were not lies.

His own people were, at the same time he was claiming to have the virus under control, telling senators that it was going to be really bad. (Senators then went out and used the insider information to sell stocks). C'mon.

Notice that it's going the way I told you it would. And it's not going the way Trump said it would. I'm not an expert, but there's two considerations here:

1. I know a lot more about this than you do.

2. I spent some time, checking the literature from those who actually work with epidemics for a living. You could have saved yourself a lot of embarrassment by doing the same thing.

I'm not embarrassed at all.

You should be.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now,he's finally got it:

Too bad he's got such a slow learning process, a lot of people will die because he didn't listen to people who know.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, Pelosi was intending to end the racist fears of Asians, but she should have consulted with people who know. At that time,we were beginning to know it was serious. Trump was president, it was his job to step up and get things going. Instead, he ignored his experts, called the concerns a hoax, and as a result, many more Americans will die.

There was no one at the helm. Hopefully, Trump has been shocked into listening to the scientists and doctors who have been telling him all along. Before, he was telling us that it was going to go away like a "miracle."

I'm thinking that the American people are going to focus where the buck stops, not anyone in Congress. Pelosi should have realized Trump was lying. And yes, that does concern me. By now, she should have known better.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump was president, it was his job to step up and get things going. Instead, he ignored his experts, called the concerns a hoax, and as a result, many more Americans will die.
If he was taking steps he obviously was not ignoring his team.

There was no one at the helm. Hopefully, Trump has been shocked into listening to the scientists and doctors who have been telling him all along. Before, he was telling us that it was going to go away like a "miracle."
Americans disagree with you.

I'm thinking that the American people are going to focus where the buck stops, not anyone in Congress. Pelosi should have realized Trump was lying. And yes, that does concern me. By now, she should have known better.
Ah your partisan bias on display. Liberal. Trump hater. You aren't being objective at all. Subjective. You spread fear, not hope. And no, it's not reality, its fearmongering.

Is the situation serious? Yes. Is it panic worthy like you make it? No.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he was taking steps he obviously was not ignoring his team.

But he didn't. He was telling us it was completely controlled. His team was telling senators that it was going to be really bad.

Americans disagree with you.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Americans have little trust in the information they are hearing from President Trump about the novel coronavirus, and their confidence in the federal government's response to it is declining sharply, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

Just 46% of Americans now say the federal government is doing enough to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, down from 61% in February.

Just 37% of Americans now say they had a good amount or a great deal of trust in what they're hearing from the president, while 60% say they had not very much or no trust at all in what he's saying.
Poll: Americans Don't Trust What They're Hearing From Trump On Coronavirus

You really got that wrong.

Regarding Pelosi taking Trump at his word:

Ah your partisan bias on display.

You think I should give Pelosi a pass? Yes, it wasn't her job, but by now she should realize that Trump lies, and should have checked for herself.

You aren't being objective at all. Subjective.

Criticizing democrats as well as republicans is "subjective?" I don't think you know what "subjective" means.

You spread fear, not hope. And no, it's not reality, its fearmongering.

View attachment 8949
You got that one really wrong, too. Not only did I express optimism, I pointed out the real data. You're not handling this very well, right now.

And the only reason people panicked was that they realized Trump was lying to them about it.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, so much for planning a cruise in the near future...
"HEALTH CARE
Coast Guard Orders Cruise Ships Carrying Coronavirus Patients to Remain Off-Shore ‘Indefinitely’

The U.S. Coast Guard has ordered all cruise ships to remain offshore, asking companies to prepare to take care of sick passengers at sea “indefinitely” and to report their numbers of sick and dead each day, or face civil penalties or criminal prosecution during the coronavirus pandemic."...Coast Guard Orders Cruise Ships Carrying Coronavirus Patients to Remain Off-Shore 'Indefinitely' | National Review

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's people are now saying 100,000 to 200,000 deaths from this epidemic. It's what his critics were saying back in February, when he said everything was fine.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he didn't.
Except he did. You just lied.
There was no one at the helm.
More lies.
You really got that wrong.
No, I actually didn't. You are just very selective in your polls. More dishonest liberal bias. This past week Trump had 49% approval and only 45% disapproval from Gallup poll. That is UNHEARD OF for a president. Gallups poll on coronavirus handling is 61% approval. So no, I did not get that really wrong.

And the only reason people panicked was that they realized Trump was lying to them about it.
No, people are panicking because of the media 24/7 overblown coverage.