Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One good turn deserves another.
Are you 'Joe King'?

That kinda backfired, didn't it? I wonder if the guy who edited it realized what most people would think of it and was trying to make Biden look good.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As my granddaughter used to pronounce: What a mace (mess).

And as @Heart2Soul and I have been discussing, -- my greatest FEAR and EXPECTATION is that, by whatever convolution of events, Trump will lose the next election (2020) and a Democrat will give our sovereignty and our monetary system to the U.N.; and we have have anarchy in the streets, with a subsequent Global Thermonuclear War.

It's a scary future. I can only hope I'm adequately prepared.
Bobby Jo
Take heart, Trump is way ahead in the polls and continues to climb.
Besides Jesus is our Rock and Refuge not the politicians.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biden’s edge over Trump in hypothetical general-election matchups has swelled to 7 percentage points, the largest margin measured by Morning Consult in 2020. For the first time in several weeks, the former vice president performs better against the president than Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), who led Trump by 6 points, 47 percent to 41 percent.

The growing advantage — up 5 points from his worst showing of the year in mid-February — is mainly down to an uptick in support among independents: Biden leads Trump by 6 points among those voters, compared with a 1-point deficit during the middle of last month.
Biden’s Hypothetical Lead Over Trump Swells to a 2020 High

Strangely enough, Trump's approval rate is up, even as he declines compared to Biden. Trump looks tired and confused much of the time, now; the office has aged him badly.

Actually, other polls have Biden ahead by even more; the last Fox News poll has Biden up by 9 points:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Meanwhile in Iran, a prominent cleric took to Twitter to blame gay marriage for the coronavirus. No, I'm not joking.

Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr says gay marriage caused coronavirus

Iraqi Shia political leader Muqtada al-Sadr blamed the legalization of same-sex marriage for causing the coronavirus pandemic.

“One of the most appalling things that have caused this epidemic is the legalization of same-sex marriage,” al-Sadr said in a post on his Twitter account on Saturday.

“Hence, I call on all governments to repeal this law immediately and without any hesitation,” he added.

Followers of al-Sadr were criticized after hundreds congregated inside a mosque and chanted “coronavirus has terrified you,” despite government measures imposed to stop the spread of the outbreak.

You have to ask why it's hit Iran so hard since they don't have gay marriage. I also wonder why he appealed to all governments. Does he seriously think world leaders outside of Iran are going to do something just because he says so?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would suggest that
Meanwhile in Iran, a prominent cleric took to Twitter to blame gay marriage for the coronavirus. No, I'm not joking.

Iraqi Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr says gay marriage caused coronavirus

Iraqi Shia political leader Muqtada al-Sadr blamed the legalization of same-sex marriage for causing the coronavirus pandemic.

“One of the most appalling things that have caused this epidemic is the legalization of same-sex marriage,” al-Sadr said in a post on his Twitter account on Saturday.

“Hence, I call on all governments to repeal this law immediately and without any hesitation,” he added.

Followers of al-Sadr were criticized after hundreds congregated inside a mosque and chanted “coronavirus has terrified you,” despite government measures imposed to stop the spread of the outbreak.

You have to ask why it's hit Iran so hard since they don't have gay marriage. I also wonder why he appealed to all governments. Does he seriously think world leaders outside of Iran are going to do something just because he says so?
makes a lot more sense than the suggested proposition from this Christian leader that it's God's fault. His judgement upon the church for not honouring Sunday.
Why God Took Sunday Away

Reactions: Nancy

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest that
makes a lot more sense than the suggested proposition from this Christian leader that it's God's fault. His judgement upon the church for not honouring Sunday.
Why God Took Sunday Away
The guy sure knows how to use his imagination! So many theories. . . .

Jim Bakker had a guest on his show recently who said the coronavirus was a punishment for fornication.

Bakker, by the way, was saying "warfare" was preventing him from selling his silver solution as a cure for cornoavirus. Actually, he wasn't told he couldn't sell it -- just that he couldn't peddle it as a cure.

Another fellow said God was punishing synagogues because the Jews rejected Jesus. You can't make this stuff up.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jim Bakker had a guest on his show recently who said the coronavirus was a punishment for fornication. Bakker, by the way, was saying "warfare" was preventing him from selling his silver solution as a cure for cornoavirus. Actually, he wasn't told he couldn't sell it -- just that he couldn't peddle it as a cure. Another fellow said God was punishing synagogues because the Jews rejected Jesus. You can't make this stuff up.

You know how it goes. It's just business. There's money to be made on exploiting people's fears and prejudices. They don't hate God; they're just finding ways to monetize religion.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know how it goes. It's just business. There's money to be made on exploiting people's fears and prejudices. They don't hate God; they're just finding ways to monetize religion.
I'm not sure it's even that, although perhaps it plays a part. Most deviations into the weird and wacky stem from a distorted understanding of the nature of God. That distortion began to have it's affect on humankind in the garden and the result was disobedience and sin. Satan if anything is consistent.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take heart, Trump is way ahead in the polls and continues to climb.
Besides Jesus is our Rock and Refuge not the politicians.

Agreed, but given the choice between righteousness and wickedness, I prefer the former. Unfortunately the world prefers the latter, -- and the latter WILL SUCCEED, all the way to Global Thermonuclear War.

Bobby Jo

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure it's even that, although perhaps it plays a part. Most deviations into the weird and wacky stem from a distorted understanding of the nature of God.

I've seen enough wreckage of televangelist organizations to realize that most of them don't believe what they are preaching.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've seen enough wreckage of televangelist organizations to realize that most of them don't believe what they are preaching.
I think a few of them may be atheists -- and the worst kind of atheists -- to do the things they do. They seem to be the kind of person who's an atheist because he doesn't want a God to exist. He may pretend to believe in order to make money at a racket; but he really doesn't believe. That way he feels free to do whatever he feels like. I think there are honest atheists who just don't see it -- I'm talking about the kind of fool David was talking about.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, the increase in new cases was the smallest increase since the epidemic went exponential. Not by much, but it's the first sign that the rate of infection might be slacking off a bit. We can hope and pray. There were fewer deaths reported yesterday than the day before, as well.

This would be really good news, if it continues.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's worrying is that there's no one at the helm.

Even Fox News acknowledges Trump's cognitive decline.

(warning: some crude language, briefly)

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New York is maybe a couple of weeks off the peak, if they keep up social distancing and good hygiene. The rest of the country, with the exception of Washington state, isn't that close.

Reactions: Giuliano

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like this is going to be repeated in the fall, it will become the new normal...
"The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall...
Topline: Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said at a White House press briefing Monday he anticipates the coronavirus will come back in another wave later this year—but added the U.S. will be much better prepared to deal with another outbreak, if it happens, in the fall.
  • Medical experts have been warning the coronavirus could be cyclical, meaning it could come back in the fall even if its spread is halted in the next few months.
  • Fauci said he “anticipates” such an event happening in the U.S. “because of the degree of transmissibility” and the fact that countries in the Southern Hemisphere are seeing more cases as they transition into their winter season.
  • He added an outbreak in the fall would be a “totally different ballgame” because the country’s increased ability to test, identify and isolate those who are infected will be “orders of magnitude better than what it was just a couple of months ago.”
  • Clinical trials are also underway for a number of treatments and Fauci hopes one or more of them will be available
  • Fauci also raised the possibility of a vaccine being available next season under an emergency use “if we start seeing an efficacy signal” in any one of the multiple candidate vaccines.
  • Other medical experts have warned that if there is a dip in cases during the summer months, the U.S. needs to stock up on ventilators and other supplies to handle another wave."...The Coronavirus Will Return In The Fall, Fauci Predicts, But The U.S. Will Be Better Prepared

Reactions: Yehren and Giuliano

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This graph shows very good news:

upload_2020-3-31_9-10-25.png
The pandemic is still rising, but the rate of infection is slowing. Although the initial response was a fiasco, state and local governments stepped up and that response seems to have been effective. Pray that this continues, and that people continue to maintain social distancing and good sanitation.
It's not time to celebrate yet. All we have is a decrease in the rate of new infections. The number of cases is still growing exponentially:

upload_2020-3-31_9-14-31.png
But this may be the moment when it begins to turn around.