Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His own people were telling him that it was too late for the restrictions to do any good at all. It was just more P.R. He continued to refuse to do anything about the pandemic until last week, when it became clear to him that he messed up.

Are you insane? You clearly live in an alternate universe. Didn't do anything until last week? I got a card over a week ago about what every American should be doing. This is more lies. You sir, are a liar.

Instead of losing control and calling names, you'd do much better to try to find some facts to support your beliefs. A card in the mail really isn't much better than Trump's travel ban (which didn't include nations in which he owned hotels and golf courses, BTW). You're upset and frustrated that there isn't any way to justify the way Trump bungled this. I get that. But venting and verbal abuse won't help you.

And people realize this:

9560_c26c310d9427ce7feb35ab44951ffeb3.png

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget Pelosi throwing a wrench in the stimulus package.

That part Trump hates. She made sure that he, his family, and his wealthy friends wouldn't profit by the package.

The Senate was about to approve the largest recovery bill in U.S. history on Wednesday night when Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hit pause, realizing something was missing — revised language designed to bar President Donald Trump from getting money for his own businesses.

Democrats and Republicans had already agreed to a rewritten clause, but the update had somehow not made it into the final printed legislation, according to two people familiar with the situation.

For two hours, Schumer and fellow Democrats held up the bill — written to boost a faltering economy amid the coronavirus outbreak — while the stricter language was inserted. The Senate passed the $2 trillion package just before midnight.

The change was meant to close a loophole in the original clause that barred loans to businesses that were at least 20 percent owned by presidents or their children, spouses and in-laws. The updated language extended the ban to businesses in which several family members collectively have a 20 percent stake, even if each person's individual stake is below the 20 percent threshold.
Democrats delayed stimulus bill to tighten ban on Trump family profiting

Must have just been an oversight. I'm sure McConnell wasn't trying to pull a fast one. But he sure didn't look happy when Schumer caught it.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Yehren is the worst at spin and misinformation on this situation.
I have had extensive conversations and debates with him on the forum and although I disagree with his world-view origin foundation, I find that he is civil and respectful to deal with and because God's knows the hearts and I don't, I give him the benefit of the doubt concerning his Christian faith.

Reactions: onlyme17

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had extensive conversations and debates with him on the forum and although I disagree with his world-view origin foundation, I find that he is civil and respectful to deal with and because God's knows the hearts and I don't, I give him the benefit of the doubt concerning his Christian faith.
That has nothing to do with what I said.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, just Trump haters. The majority of the country think he is doing a good job on this effort. So you can be quiet now.

Well, let's take a look...

No, turns out, you're really, really wrong about that. Even republicans are realizing it.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That part Trump hates. She made sure that he, his family, and his wealthy friends wouldn't profit by the package.

The Senate was about to approve the largest recovery bill in U.S. history on Wednesday night when Minority Leader Chuck Schumer hit pause, realizing something was missing — revised language designed to bar President Donald Trump from getting money for his own businesses.

Democrats and Republicans had already agreed to a rewritten clause, but the update had somehow not made it into the final printed legislation, according to two people familiar with the situation.

For two hours, Schumer and fellow Democrats held up the bill — written to boost a faltering economy amid the coronavirus outbreak — while the stricter language was inserted. The Senate passed the $2 trillion package just before midnight.

The change was meant to close a loophole in the original clause that barred loans to businesses that were at least 20 percent owned by presidents or their children, spouses and in-laws. The updated language extended the ban to businesses in which several family members collectively have a 20 percent stake, even if each person's individual stake is below the 20 percent threshold.
Democrats delayed stimulus bill to tighten ban on Trump family profiting

Must have just been an oversight. I'm sure McConnell wasn't trying to pull a fast one. But he sure didn't look happy when Schumer caught it.
He didn't look happy because it was Schumer playing games.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, let's take a look...

No, turns out, you're really, really wrong about that. Even republicans are realizing it.
Reference? Remember yesterday I showed you Gallup said 61% of Americans say he is doing a good job on COVID-19. My guess is that this poll you quote is from one of the media outlets on the left.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have had extensive conversations and debates with him on the forum and although I disagree with his world-view origin foundation, I find that he is civil and respectful to deal with and because God's knows the hearts and I don't, I give him the benefit of the doubt concerning his Christian faith.

I very much respect a person who can vigorously disagree without rancor or calling names. I appreciate the way you've handled yourself in our arguments.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He didn't look happy because it was Schumer playing games.

"Playing games" meaning Schumer noticed that the provision against enriching Trump and his family had been removed. I'm sure Trump was chewing the rug over that one.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"you can't see past your lies and partisan bias."
What's this then? Did you know that a liar will end up in the Lake of Fire? So, are you giving his Christian faith the benefit of the doubt? Are you really?
If you take that verse out of context, that means everyone who has ever lived, except Christ, will go to the Lake of Fire because all have lied. So no, I am not questioning his faith.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reference?

Tracking Public Opinion on the Coronavirus

Remember yesterday I showed you Gallup said 61% of Americans say he is doing a good job on COVID-19.

This one is a little later than the Gallup poll. His bounce didn't last very long, it seems...

Poll: Trump's coronavirus bounce fizzles

Fewer voters are pleased with the way the Trump administration has handled the Covid-19 outbreak.

That is despite Trump's previous polling bounce, as some Democratic and independent voters rallied behind him during the early days of the crisis.

A separate Morning Consult tracking poll shows Trump’s net approval on handling coronavirus — the difference between the percentage who approve and disapprove of his job performance — sliding 7 points off its high from March 20.

In the POLITICO/Morning Consult poll, Trump’s overall approval rating is unchanged from last week: 45 percent of voters approve of the job he is doing as president, and 52 percent disapprove.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I very much respect a person who can vigorously disagree without rancor or calling names. I appreciate the way you've handled yourself in our arguments.
I haven't commented in this thread concerning President Trump's action over the crisis, other than the sarcastic remark that I did make in connection with the rake-off of cash from US hospital fees. He had just the same attitude toward the crisis as the leaders of Italy, Spain, the UK and Australia. It is because the onset of a crisis can cause a sense of unreality at first until the situation starts to bite and people realise that the proverbial is hitting the fan. Our NZ Prime Minister had a little more time to see what was happening, and decided to act fast and decisively when she knew the true extent of the crisis in other countries and took prompt action to go to level 4 lockdown. Hence the cases in NZ are still linked to overseas travel and there is yet no general outbreak.

What is concerning is the small number of people who are not keeping to the rules of isolation, and they are the ones presenting the risk of an outbreak. This is why our police are prepared to arrest and detain anyone who refuses to obey the lockdown rules after an initial warning.

There was a guy who refused, and when the police arrested him, he spat on the officers and said that he had the virus. I believe that according to our Crimes Act, this is Intent to Cause Grievous Bodily Harm, and it carries a term of three years in prison, and I think he should be locked up for the full three years. It is hockey pucks like that who pose the most serious risk to people.

Also, I think that these churches, especially mega churches that insist on having massed services through "trusting the Lord", are bringing the church into disrepute before the world because they pose a risk not only to their own members, but to non church people who come into contact with them. It is no wonder with senseless people like those "Christians" that the outbreak in some parts of the US are out of control at present with escalating deaths.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tracking Public Opinion on the Coronavirus

This one is a little later than the Gallup poll. His bounce didn't last very long, it seems...

Fewer voters are pleased with the way the Trump administration has handled the Covid-19 outbreak.

That is despite Trump's previous polling bounce, as some Democratic and independent voters rallied behind him during the early days of the crisis.

A separate Morning Consult tracking poll shows Trump’s net approval on handling coronavirus — the difference between the percentage who approve and disapprove of his job performance — sliding 7 points off its high from March 20.

In the POLITICO/Morning Consult poll, Trump’s overall approval rating is unchanged from last week: 45 percent of voters approve of the job he is doing as president, and 52 percent disapprove.
Called that

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you take that verse out of context, that means everyone who has ever lived, except Christ, will go to the Lake of Fire because all have lied. So no, I am not questioning his faith.
If you are calling anyone a liar, then you are questioning their faith, because no unrepentant liars will inherit the kingdom of God. Also, I don't see "accusation" as one of the fruit of the Spirit.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."(Revelation 21:8).

Last edited: