Could Christian transphobia/homophobia have been a factor in the Nashville Christian school shooting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievable that you can't see your 2 sentences there contradict each other. You've let other people tell you what to do. You HAVE been forced to believe via the subtle coercion of religious indoctrination. You can't consider yourself a free-thinker if you start from the unfounded principle that everything in the Bible must be true having been told to do that by other humans. If you're going to be free then you start from the principle of actually appraising whether something is true or not based on evidence
Did you ever take a philosophy class?
Unfounded principle that everything in the Bible is true.
No, sound belief based on evidence from work!
Unlike you, that had not done the work, only parroting what others have told you to believe.

No one has ever told me everything in the Bible is true therefore I believe everything in the Bible is true. Why would I believe someone just because they say so?
That goes against what I already said, that I verify my beliefs based on my own study, my own work not on others. Do you have trouble with comprehension?

You can't use the Bible to prove that the Bible is correct. That's ridiculous. That's like saying Harry Potter exists because the Harry Potter books say he does.
What is ridiculous is you parroting the same ignorant claims I have heard by every skeptic I have debated with.
You are a copy of the societal beliefs of today. Nothing authentic about you.

The stupid circular reasoning argument giving by skeptics.
You cannot prove the Bible with the Bible for that would be circular reasoning.

No, no, its not.
To prove you don't understand the things you say,
Look at the court system.
If the subject(Bible) cannot prove itself,
Then the accused guilty party cannot defend himself as innocent.
That would be according to you circular reasoning.

The person guilty is allowed to stand trial on his own behalf because it is not circular reasoning. His own testimony is EVIDENCE to determine the truth.

Just as the Bible can stand on it's own and defend its self as to give it's own evidence to prove it is true.

Harry Potter never claimed to be true, it is fiction.

The Bible has many authors that all testify to the truthfulness of its claims.
It is multiple books written over long periods of time that one author will be proven true by a later author who verifies the prophecy takes place.
The Bible is an accurate historical document.
Every skeptic that has tried to say it is not historically accurate has been proven wrong.

Just as I can prove myself innocent by testifying of myself, so can the Bible.
It would be helpful for you to learn what circular reasoning means before you go making arguments about things you do not understand.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
It is multiple books written over long periods of time that one author will be proven true by a later author who verifies the prophecy takes place.
I'll just take this one line from the longer pile of nonsensical verbiage there. There is so much material available that shows the literal reading of the Bible is not right. Here's some examples:

Are There Errors & Mistakes in the Bible?
"Of course there are errors and mistakes in the Bible; the only people who deny the presence of errors and mistakes are those with a strong ideological commitment to a belief that the Bible is somehow infallible, inerrant, or perfect. We can find errors and mistakes everywhere we look in the Bible because it's a collection of texts written centuries and millennia ago. Not all of the writers agreed and they were all ignorant of things humans have learned since then."

Last edited:

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll just take this one line from the longer pile of nonsensical verbiage there. There is so much material available that shows the literal reading of the Bible is not right. Here's some examples
Everytime you comment you show your ignorance. No one even Bible believers take everything as literal. You don't know what it even means to believe in the Bible.

As I already knew about you, you use SKEPTICS, arguments as your proof.
Which shows your biases.
Are you not even aware that all the claims against the Bible have been proven false by Believers?
You are only looking into one side of the story.
This is why you have no credibility, because you assume there is no explanation to these false claims.
You are biased against the Bible.
Not based on hard work and years of study.
But because of laziness and a desire to believe the world over God.

1Peter 1:23-25,
All flesh is grass and all the glory of man as the flower of grass, the grass withers and its flower falls away, but the word of the Lord endures forever.

If you really did your do diligence and was a student of the Bible, which you have shown you are not.
I would be more interested in debating you.
Your beliefs dont come from education. They come from laziness and indoctrination.
Your mind is made up. You are probably a waste of my time.

Reactions: Wrangler

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll just take this one line from the longer pile of nonsensical verbiage there. There is so much material available that shows the literal reading of the Bible is not right. Here's some examples:

Are There Errors & Mistakes in the Bible?
"Of course there are errors and mistakes in the Bible; the only people who deny the presence of errors and mistakes are those with a strong ideological commitment to a belief that the Bible is somehow infallible, inerrant, or perfect. We can find errors and mistakes everywhere we look in the Bible because it's a collection of texts written centuries and millennia ago. Not all of the writers agreed and they were all ignorant of things humans have learned since then."
I read a couple of your ignorant skeptics supposed errors, contradictions in the Bible.
As I already knew these men you have put your faith in HAVE ALREADY BEEN PROVEN WRONG, THEY DO LIKE YOU AND IGNORE ANSWERS GIVEN AS IF THEY DO NOT EXIST.
It's all biased. You are what you are, not because of hard work and honesty. But because you are lazy, gullible and biased.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I read a couple of your ignorant skeptics supposed errors, contradictions in the Bible.
As I already knew these men you have put your faith in HAVE ALREADY BEEN PROVEN WRONG, THEY DO LIKE YOU AND IGNORE ANSWERS GIVEN AS IF THEY DO NOT EXIST.
It's all biased. You are what you are, not because of hard work and honesty. But because you are lazy, gullible and biased.
Do you have any facts and examples or just childish self-aggrandising rhetoric?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have any facts and examples or just childish self-aggrandising rhetoric?
Every time you comment you show your ignorance.
The fact that you are not aware of the work believers have done to refute these false claims proves you are uneducated and indoctrinated into what the mainstream leftists want you to think.
Give me some internet resources that have refuted the claims of the skeptics you have posted?
I'm not going to tell you.
You show me!
If you cannot it proves you have never even put forth any effort to try and find the other side of the story.
You are biased!
You are not searching for truth. You believe these skeptics without any real effort to know if their accusations are sound.

Now prove you are not biased by giving me the other sides answers to these skeptics accusations?

I bet you dont even know where to look, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED!
You are a parrot. Just repeat what others say.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm really not too worried about it. The Bible - though inspired by God - is a collection of writings from 42 men spanning some 1700 years in different languages and cultures. Their cultural orientation, tendency to speak figuratively and identifying what they observed makes dumbed down people today less able to grasp what is said.

For instance, I was given a vision. I described what I saw using certain terms. Another given the same terms might use different words. So, I challenge you to sift through the ruff and find 1 compelling inconsistency for your learned brothers on this forum to analyze.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Every time you comment you show your ignorance.
The fact that you are not aware of the work believers have done to refute these false claims proves you are uneducated and indoctrinated into what the mainstream leftists want you to think.
Give me some internet resources that have refuted the claims of the skeptics you have posted?
I'm not going to tell you.
You show me!
If you cannot it proves you have never even put forth any effort to try and find the other side of the story.
You are biased!
You are not searching for truth. You believe these skeptics without any real effort to know if their accusations are sound.

Now prove you are not biased by giving me the other sides answers to these skeptics accusations?

I bet you dont even know where to look, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT EDUCATED!
You are a parrot. Just repeat what others say.
Lovely. As I said, self-aggrandising rhetoric. No attempt to provide real facts and input. Readers will draw their conclusions accordingly.

Thanks for playing.

Next . . .

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really not too worried about it. The Bible - though inspired by God - is a collection of writings from 42 men spanning some 1700 years in different languages and cultures. Their cultural orientation, tendency to speak figuratively and identifying what they observed makes dumbed down people today less able to grasp what is said.

For instance, I was given a vision. I described what I saw using certain terms. Another given the same terms might use different words. So, I challenge you to sift through the ruff and find 1 compelling inconsistency for your learned brothers on this forum to analyze.
You were just given a link to 700. Pick one.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were just given a link to 700. Pick one.
No. I offered you the choice. Rather than copy and paste as a means of argument, you make the case that this one inconsistency cannot be overcome, cannot be rationally explained.

I reject your Appeal to Superman.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Ok here are 2 glaring contradictions:

Regarding the Earth

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes1:4

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2 Peter 3:10

Regarding seeing god

"... I have seen God face to face ..." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

What will it be? Diversion? Distraction? Ignore it?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Typical Cultural Marxist tactic @TinMan, to blame minorities bad behavior as a justified reaction to perceived oppression. Predictable thread.
Typical Nazi fascist tactic to blame a small group of people for one person’s crime in order to justify transphobia. Predictable comment.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
So, I challenge you to sift through the ruff and find 1 compelling inconsistency for your learned brothers on this forum to analyze.

Poster dutifully obliges

Lapidem said:
Regarding the Earth

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2 Peter 3:10

Regarding seeing god

Wrangler dutifully ignores . . . . :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the Earth

Regarding seeing god

Wrangler dutifully ignores . . . . :)
This post proves you are no good at prophecy either. :Happy:

It's pathetic that these are the "inconsistencies" that you are betting your life on. <sigh> You dullness is preventing you from discerning text that is figurative with text that is literal. Once again, you are inventing a standard designed to defeat what you do not believe. Let's read it in context your concerns.

Regarding Ecclesiastes1:4:
When the son of David was king in Jerusalem, he was known to be very wise,[a] and he said:
2 Nothing makes sense!
Everything is nonsense.
I have seen it all—
nothing makes sense!
3 What is there to show
for all of our hard work
here on this earth?
4 People come, and people go,
but still the world
never changes.

So, Ecc 1:4 is talking about existentialism, that although people come and go, the world - meaning the way life is for people - never changes. He is clearly not making some kind of scientific pronouncement. But 2 Peter 3:10 is.

The Bible is a highly figurative book. We know this is the case in Genesis 32:30 because God is Spirit and literally has to face for one to be "face to face with."

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Great so you concede at last that the Bible is not literal as I have been saying all along ! :)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great so you concede at last that the Bible is not literal as I have been saying all along ! :)
Your inabillity to discern is willful.
  1. The Bible is highly figurative.
  2. The Bible is not literal.
These 2 statements do not mean the same thing. I hold that some of the book is literal while most of its truths are expressed figuratively. You hold that because the book is not one little bit literal, it contains no truth at all. Here is a literal portion of the Bible.

A wicked and foolish man truly believes there is no God.
They are vile, their sinfulness nauseating to their Creator;
their actions are soiled and repulsive; every deed is depraved;

not one of them does good
Ps 14:1 (VOICE)

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You hold that because the book is not one little bit literal, it contains no truth at all. Here is a literal portion of the Bible.
Hahaha nice try, no cigar

I've repeatedly told you that the Bible contains many important truths and secrets.

You unfortunately can't see or understand them yet because as Jesus said you don't have the "eyes to see". Hence the "mysteries of the kingdom" are hidden from you. They were revealed to the disciples and they have been revealed to many people but you have to step down from your pious self-appointed pedestal and empty your cup before you can start on that journey of discovery. More likely your ego and pride will keep you on your pedestal and you will never gain the "eyes to see" and thus never understand the secrets in the text.