Could this be a prelude to prophesy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
They turn to blood in recompense for killing the holy ones.

Consider where this is happening, and do these places have a history of persecuting the saints?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh! These metaphors can throw ya! As far as the blood moon, I know I've seen several in my lifetime. Not sure the moon turns into blood or will just appear as blood. the 3rd part of the sea will be turned into actual blood. Then we have the warning that the sun will turn dark, and the stars and moon will not give their light either. I really shouldn't even be on this site posting as, the timing of all these things throws me! :eek:
I think about everyone has different ideas on timing in some way.

Much love!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They turn to blood in recompense for killing the holy ones.
Consider where this is happening, and do these places have a history of persecuting the saints?

It seems to me that the persecution of "saints" includes ALL righteous men who are assailed by the unrighteous whether in religion, or by dishonest employers, dishonest government, or dishonest society (including the dishonest media). Thus our unrighteous WORLD is under judgement:)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the middle east...
Ummmmmmm, your citations suggest this is World Wide:

Rivers turning red around the world
... hailstorms in the Saudi desert.
... lightning and hail in the remote Australian landscape
... hail that killed at least one person and livestock in Swaziland
... “The Linthipe River in Dedza, Africa, turned blood red
... A report from Malawi 24 quoted one woman saying: “As usual, we came to this place to wash our clothes ... we saw that blood like stuff was flowing in the river.
... Then the same thing happened in Jayapura, on Indonesia’s island of New Guinea.

Freshwater river turns blood-red ‘like a biblical plague of Egypt’
... The Yad Hanna stream, which leads to Israel’s Alexander River and, eventually, the Mediterranean Sea, was churning with blood, feathers and other chicken parts caused by “one or more Palestinian slaughterhouses in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem,” according to the Times of Israel.

Experts weigh in why river turned blood red
Authorities are looking into how a river in the Russian city of Norilsk has turned bright red.

Kazakhstan: Caspian Sea turned blood red by rare algae
Kazakhstan's Caspian Sea is turned blood red by a rare type of algae called Diatoms. Aerial footage shows the water's striking contrast against the white snow on the ground.

.... so other than a Palestinian chicken slaughter house, I didn't see anything for the Middle East! :eek:
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, your citations suggest this is World Wide:

Rivers turning red around the world
... hailstorms in the Saudi desert.
... lightning and hail in the remote Australian landscape
... hail that killed at least one person and livestock in Swaziland
... “The Linthipe River in Dedza, Africa, turned blood red
... A report from Malawi 24 quoted one woman saying: “As usual, we came to this place to wash our clothes ... we saw that blood like stuff was flowing in the river.
... Then the same thing happened in Jayapura, on Indonesia’s island of New Guinea.

Freshwater river turns blood-red ‘like a biblical plague of Egypt’
... The Yad Hanna stream, which leads to Israel’s Alexander River and, eventually, the Mediterranean Sea, was churning with blood, feathers and other chicken parts caused by “one or more Palestinian slaughterhouses in the northern West Bank city of Tulkarem,” according to the Times of Israel.

Experts weigh in why river turned blood red
Authorities are looking into how a river in the Russian city of Norilsk has turned bright red.

Kazakhstan: Caspian Sea turned blood red by rare algae
Kazakhstan's Caspian Sea is turned blood red by a rare type of algae called Diatoms. Aerial footage shows the water's striking contrast against the white snow on the ground.

.... so other than a Palestinian chicken slaughter house, I didn't see anything for the Middle East! :eek:
Bobby Jo
I was throwing out a guess. I only know there is more persecutions of Christian's there than anywhere else in the world...maybe China is equal to them.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Nancy

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Pretty much everywhere you can find Muslims and communists.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello again,

If we are to understand the End Times, then we have to understand the order in which the prophesised events will occur from our perspective. We need to be able to link various scriptures together that describe the same events.

The Last Days began when the iniquities of the fathers who indulged in continuous idolatrous worship during the first two ages of the existence of the nation of Israel from the time of the birth of Isaac, who was Abraham's confirmation of God's promises to him, made around 50 years earlier before Isaac was born, were visited upon the father's children and the children's children, during the third and the four age of the existence of Israel. During this time, Lev 26 and Deu 11 and 28 is in play, where they enjoyed the blessing while they remain faithful and the curses when they indulged in idolatrous worship.

Daniel 8 describes how the Gentile Kings will trample the sanctuary and God's earthly hosts and this trampling began around the year 250 BC and in 70 AD the little horn was given an army to destroy the Temple and scatter God's earthly hosts to the four corners of the earth. Daniel 9:26b, describes the scattering of Israel and tells us that Jerusalem will remain devastated and desolated until the end of the war in heaven, which continued until the end of the allotted time of the Gentiles trampling the Sanctuary and the earth hosts when they are judged, both the wicked heavenly Hosts, i.e. the beasts who were the four winds of heaven who manifested themselves in the sea of humanity, and the kings of the earth (Isa 24:21-23) and both the kings of the earth and the judged heavenly hosts will be gather together and imprisoned in a cistern/the Bottomless Pit for many days to await the time of their punishment. After that time we are told that “Then, at that time {when the kings of the earth and the judged heavenly hosts are punished}, the moon will be disgraced, i.e. turned red, and the sun ashamed, i.e. dull or darkened; for the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, before His elders, gloriously.”

In Romans 11:25-26 we are also told that after the fullness in time of the Gentiles trampling the sanctuary and the earthly hosts of God for 2,300 years that all of Israel will be saved.

In Rev 12 we are told that the wicked fallen heavenly hosts are defeated in heaven and kick out down to the earth, and immediately they, i.e. Satan and the five beasts of Daniel 7 :1-12, are imprisoned in the Bottomless pit which is locked up for a period of 1,000 years, ( Rev 20:1-3).

It is during this time of peace during the 1,000 years that the beasts and Satan are locked up in the Bottomless pit, that God will make like new again the Kingdom of Priests, a Holy Nation and His possession among the Gentiles covenant once again with Israel and He will Gather them to himself and that he will plant them in fertile soil and teach them about the things of God's Everlasting Kingdom based on the principles of the Rock that comes down out of Heaven. The Israel will be qualified to teach the people around them where they had been scattered to when they were being trampled about the things pertaining to God's everlasting Kingdom which was from the beginning of time

In Rev 9, we are told that an Angel from heaven unlocks the Bottomless pit and immediately the Armies of the Kings of the earth go out to inflict pain on the peoples of the earth who do not have God's seal on their forehead. After that time, the four facetted beast of Daniel 7:19-27 will rise up out of the Abyss and the woman will ride on its back for a time. When the beast rise up it will manifest itself in the people and the army that is created will sweep across the face of the earth to do battle against the saints. Then the Little horn, now described as the False Prophet, who will insist that all of the peoples of the earth shall worship the image of the Beast will also rise up at this time. It is at this time that a solemn covenant will be entered into with the peoples of the earth for a period of seven years.

In Rev 19 we are told that Christ comes down from Heaven to capture both the beast and the False prophet and throws them into the lake of fire.

In Rev 20 we are then told that Satan's army is devoured by fire which God sends down from heaven and that Satan is also cast into the lake of fire.

Now the Bowl judgements have been recorded by John as he saw them as he walked through time from the end of time towards the time of the cross. As such we have seen the seventh Bowl Judgement fulfilled in the last 100 or so years and the Sixth Bowl Judgement being fulfilled during this present time. When the Sixth Bowl Judgement ends, there will be a period of 1,000 years before the fifth, then the fourth, then the third, then the Second and finally the Fifth Bowl judgement will occur.

It is during this 1,000 years of peace on the earth that many will come into God's everlasting Kingdom and be saved for all Eternity.

When our understanding of the occurrence of the end times is inline with scripture, that the signs will begin to make sense.

The last sign that the earth will see is Christ coming with all of the heavenly hosts to begin the final judgement of all the peoples of the earth.

When the people see that event, they will know that things will be getting real and their hearts will be judged and found either righteous or unrighteous.

We are at that time when the river of life flowing out from under the altar in Solomon's temple is not quite up to the thighs and the rive of life can be crossed. In our near future, its depth and width will become to deep and wide for us to cross.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can I please get some input here?
We are dealing with metaphors/symbols/types when reading prophecy of this nature. Consider the parables of Jesus...'a sower went to sow seed.....' he later explains his story/symbol.....and we understand. It would be a misplaced understanding to take the story literally. The same principle applies to Prophecy.

Seas represent wicked people/populations....just as the sea is constantly churning.....is ever changing....is not at rest.

Water represents life.....crystal clear water is used as a metaphor for wholesome vibrant life/truth....the gospel. Jesus spoke to the woman at the well of living water and as we know he was using a metaphor.

Polluted water representing lies, failure....a polluted/false gospel.

Again H2S, consider your links in the OP in this light....rivers to blood.....oceans to the blood of a dead man.....the whole system of man poisoned.....the end of the world.

Just as Jesus' parables relay a message so does the symbolism in Prophecy and just as interpreting Jesus' parables literally is a mistake, in like manner interpreting Prophecy delivered in symbols, literally, misses its objective.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are dealing with metaphors/symbols/types when reading prophecy of this nature. Consider the parables of Jesus...'a sower went to sow seed.....' he later explains his story/symbol.....and we understand. It would be a misplaced understanding to take the story literally. The same principle applies to Prophecy.

Seas represent wicked people/populations....just as the sea is constantly churning.....is ever changing....is not at rest.

Water represents life.....crystal clear water is used as a metaphor for wholesome vibrant life/truth....the gospel. Jesus spoke to the woman at the well of living water and as we know he was using a metaphor.

Polluted water representing lies, failure....a polluted/false gospel.

Again H2S, consider your links in the OP in this light....rivers to blood.....oceans to the blood of a dead man.....the whole system of man poisoned.....the end of the world.

Just as Jesus' parables relay a message so does the symbolism in Prophecy and just as interpreting Jesus' parables literally is a mistake, in like manner interpreting Prophecy delivered in symbols, literally, misses its objective.
I really like your interpretation on this...it does make a lot of sense....and I also wondered if man polluting the waters could be connected as well because pollution is evil as well...imho...because man was given charge to take care of the earth.
And pollution is spiritual evil as well when we pollute our Christian walk with things of the world.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I really like your interpretation on this...it does make a lot of sense....and I also wondered if man polluting the waters could be connected as well because pollution is evil as well...imho...because man was given charge to take care of the earth.
And pollution is spiritual evil as well when we pollute our Christian walk with things of the world.
you've got it!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A symbolism gone too far. o_O

You may need to occasionally cover your ears to keep them from being "tickled", -- and allow your eyes (and mind) to see through the smoke and mirrors.
Bobby Jo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation opens with a Prologue. Ch.1 v3 tells us ' blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things that are written in it; for the time is near'

Now, I don't want to be telling you what you might already know but as I read this, this stands out.....he who reads, hears and keeps what is communicated is blessed.....why?, because the time is near.

'Blessed' among other things means having an advantage.....advantage over who?... over those who don't understand....why?....because they cannot read the signs of the times....why?.....because the fog, often encouraged by themselves has clouded their vision.

'he who reads'.....avails themselves to the information given
'hears'.....gets it
'keeps what is written'......does not forget......see's the dots and knows how to join them accurately.
'for the time is near'.....the march of humanity's history reaching its climax.

At the end of Revelation we have an Epilogue. Ch.22 v6 reflects the objective of the Prologue. Then he said to me 'these words are faithful and true' And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show his servants the things which must shortly take place.

It reminds us who the communication is from and reiterates 'the things which must shortly take place......then, v7 'Behold I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book' ...red letter...Jesus is talking.

v12...'and behold I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to everyone according to his work......'

We are reminded again to take these writings seriously....to treasure them....to hear them.....to keep them.......and as a matter of urgency, we are closer now to the consumption of all things than when we first believed.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be. At worst it is a reminder for the followers of jesus that the impossible (rivers turning to blood red) are possible with god and that teh judgments of the seals, bowls and trumpets will come to pass.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this is truly the "terminal generation", so LOTS of blood will soon flow, especially since we have soon to be President Kamala breathing fire and brimstone at Christians and Israel.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, this is truly the "terminal generation", so LOTS of blood will soon flow, especially since we have soon to be President Kamala breathing fire and brimstone at Christians and Israel.
making definitive statements like that kcnalp assumes a view I cannot accept. There is more going on globally than seen from the narrow perspective of 'American Christianity'