Covid-19 Vaccines: have you had a jab?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • No, I haven't decided yet.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No, I don't want the vaccine

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rise Up Society is a wonderful organization based in Kenya that works tirelessly to remove chigoe fleas from the bodies of poor Africans. These little monsters were introduced to Africa by white slave traders. BLM should be furious about this situation!
But they're not.
The Rise Up Society sounds like a good thing. There many good things in our society, but they don't often make headlines!

Reactions: Truman

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Brats I like the best are an abbreviated way of saying Bratwurst. I learned to love them in Germany. These days they are on probably every supermarket shelf in North America:
How did I miss this??? those darn alerts... I receive the ones I DON'T want and don't get the ones I do want...

I am assuming that is sauerkraut ??? I can't do it... but I like a smokie... I don't think they are bratwurst... but the same idea.

How lovely that your wife spoils you occassionally.

Reactions: amadeus

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love bratwurst as well, my brother usuallly brings them over for me but because we have left the EU he is no longer allowed to….and it’s the British government that made that ruling. Thankfully we do have an Aldi in Brighton, a German supermarket who does sell them. I hate sauerkraut………Dan loves it.
I also love the German bread xx
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How did a thread on vaccines turn into a thread about German food !!?? Lol

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did I miss this??? those darn alerts... I receive the ones I DON'T want and don't get the ones I do want...

I am assuming that is sauerkraut ??? I can't do it... but I like a smokie... I don't think they are bratwurst... but the same idea.

How lovely that your wife spoils you occassionally.
I also have always hated sauerkraut. The picture post unfortunately shows sauerkraut on top. I would never purposely eat sauerkraut. The Bratwurst is the sausage itself. They have a very distinctive flavor and are very even with American mustards.

My wife spoils me with good food and my job is eating it and cleaning up the kitchen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love bratwurst as well, my brother usuallly brings them over for me but because we have left the EU he is no longer allowed to….and it’s the British government that made that ruling. Thankfully we do have an Aldi in Brighton, a German supermarket who does sell them. I hate sauerkraut………Dan loves it.
I also love the German bread xx
Rita
I like the German bread... except for the black bread!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard of this.... Black bread... hmmm... I will have to look that up.
What I remember from a little German history that the black was commonly a mainstay for the lower class people. It was cheap. I tried it just once. It was to me nasty stuff. I guess I was just another spoiled American. I preferred their dark beer, Bratwurst and Kartoffelsalat.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure I have tried the black bread. I usually get about five different loaves, they are just so much dense than our bread. My brother usually takes things from the U.K. back to Germany, tea bags, tomato sauce , butter ect. However I don’t know whether he will be able to take things back with him. There is hope that he can come over in November , but who knows if it will finally happen.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You used the fancy name for German potato salad... LOL
Fancy perhaps but also simply the German word for it. Remember that I was a student in Germany studying the language. I use the language these days only to read die Bibel [the Bible] or Die Heiligeschrift [the Holy Writings or Scriptures]. I had one close German friend I talked a little German with here who had once belonged to the Hitler Youth, but he died in 2009 at age 83.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus ... One of my landlords has pen pals... and some of them are German... He has pen pals from all over the world... I get kind of envious when I see all the letters he gets... It's really quite something to see letters and postage from all around the globe...
He writes back in German and French... I guess the rest of them attempt to speak in English.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus ... One of my landlords has pen pals... and some of them are German... He has pen pals from all over the world... I get kind of envious when I see all the letters he gets... It's really quite something to see letters and postage from all around the globe...
He writes back in German and French... I guess the rest of them attempt to speak in English.
During the 1990's while still working full time I was trading postage stamps for my collection by snail mail with dozens of people world-wide. Lots of them were in Spanish speaking countries in Latin America as well as in Spain. All of those letters were of course in Spanish. That was happening during my 10 years backslid from God. When God took me back to Him in 2002, I stopped the letters completely and lost track of those many friends.

My Spanish collection is very large still but I have been
selling them for a couple of years. My German collection also massive is the one I will keep. France and China are all gone already except for a few left overs. I have been collecting stamps since before I was 10 years old. Unless I live many more years I will never sell them all.

Oops, there I have done it again and gone way off the topic of the thread... My apologies to OP!

Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same here

I'm all for it

Though at same time don't think anyone should be forced to get it if they don't want
I am also not for mandated vaccination. But Biden and the democrats always abuse their power.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the
UK,.so fortunately not an issue here
I work in a care home in the U.K. and sadly the mandatory vaccines are in place. The deadline for the first vaccine dose was last week …..those unvaccinated will be issued their notice the second week on Oct and will have to leave on the 10th November. The government are bullying people into getting the vaccines and their will be a crisis in the care industry as a result…….. the elderly will suffer. So I am not so sure The USA is much different x
Rita