COVID and church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I truly hope this man loses his position and is forced to step down.
Why? He should be commended for not allowing the bogus lockdowns to control his decisions. In fact, if he had the courage, he would challenge the lockdowns in a court of law, since there is absolutely no evidence that they have has any impact on reducing infections.

The Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms has filed a lawsuit against the province of Manitoba for lockdowns.
Justice Centre Files Legal Action Against Manitoba Lockdowns

There should be more such lawsuits throughout Canada to bring this COVID nonsense to an end.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why? He should be commended for not allowing the bogus lockdowns to control his decisions. In fact, if he had the courage, he would challenge the lockdowns in a court of law, since there is absolutely no evidence that they have has any impact on reducing infections.

Well.... he was NOT commended.... rather he has been forced to step down from his position and the premiere of Ontario has accepted his resignation. I am happy about that... It was the RIGHT thing to do.

I realize your country is listed as being Canada... I suspect you are a transplant from the States... as you do not seem to desire to respect or accept how this country is run and functions. WE are not America.... we are Canada. Your words reflect that you do not appreciate this very much.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There should be more such lawsuits throughout Canada to bring this COVID nonsense to an end.

Stirring up strife and division at a time where we need to stick together is something that I don't understand coming from a Christian. I have no idea what your real profession is... and I really don't care... however... your self "proclaimed" authority on the matter of this pandemic is careless... dangerous and offensive. It seems to be the SEASON for MADNESS.

Now then... In all honesty... you seem to be the person on this forum that angers me the most... so I am going to exercise my right to stay away from the threads you are active on. Happy New Year!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now then... In all honesty... you seem to be the person on this forum that angers me the most... so I am going to exercise my right to stay away from the threads you are active on.

There is an "ignore button", push it and you will not see their posts.
I believe I have 3 on ignore right now and only check this forum once and awhile.
Things have been going downhill here the last couple of months.
Many good posters left. Yes, Happy new year, lol! :) :)

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe I have 3 on ignore right now and only check this forum once and awhile.
Many good posters left. Yes, Happy new year, lol!

Strangely enough... he left a scathing review of me on a totally separate thread... I found it by accident... however... it was quite amusing to me.
Thanks for the heads up.... I am aware of the IGNORE feature. Most people are easy enough to ignore without the button... I simply do not read what they post.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many good posters left. Yes, Happy new year, lol! :) :)
Good to see you here even "once in a while" my friend! I still go back and visit your Photo Thread periodically...

PHOTO THREAD.

It is a relaxing place to spend some time. It is so long it literally takes hours to wade through the whole thing... but I have done that a couple of times. Are you still motorcycling Canada? If you ever decide you want some of those stamps, let me know. My offer remains open.

Happy New Year to you...

Reactions: Triumph1300

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe Canada is now aware of the Government's stance on "travel" for members of parliament during a pandemic.
My entire province is under lock down right now... I live up North.... and there are not so many cases up here... so for now.. our lock down is for two weeks...and in the south... the lock down is for 28 days.... This decision will be assessed and further decisions will come from observing the numbers... The big cities are hot spots... and the fact that people are choosing NOT to obey the protocols set in place is a HUGE ISSUE.

Our finance minister Rod Phillips decided to ignore these mandates and chose to take his family on a Christmas holiday in St. Bart's... Our premier has DEMANDED that he return to Canada immediately.... I truly hope this man loses his position and is forced to step down.

I am so sick and tired of people doing as they wish... complaining about Christian rights being taken away... and choosing to cause chaos at a time where peace and unity is needed. We are in troubled times... and this is all NEW... and we have ALL been inconvenienced... to call this the removal of our rights is clearly very selfish.

An update on this post... The finance minister of Ontario (Rod Phillips) has stepped down from his position... upon his return from a trip to St. Bart's over the holidays. The premier of Ontario has accepted his resignation.

In Alberta... it seems that the premiere there... is feeling more generous and personally taking the blame for NOT communicating properly... therefore ... the few members of parliament who did travel abroad during the holidays will likely be spared the fate of losing their jobs... provided the public outrage dies down.

AS it stands NOW.... GOVERNMENT officials across CANADA are being told NOT to TRAVEL at this time... unless it is for work purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I agree he should have stepped down. It’s irrelevant whether the lockdowns are lawful or not. If a government lays down a law, or restrictions then it doesn’t only apply to the general public, it applies to officials as well. So he was held to account for thinking he was above everyone else and different rules applied.
Well, that how I see it anyway.
Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Enoch111 commented: Why? He should be commended for not allowing the bogus lockdowns to control his decisions. In fact, if he had the courage, he would challenge the lockdowns in a court of law, since there is absolutely no evidence that they have has any impact on reducing infections.

Adoration commented: In Alberta... it seems that the premiere there... is feeling more generous and personally taking the blame for NOT communicating properly... therefore ... the few members of parliament who did travel abroad during the holidays will likely be spared the fate of losing their jobs... provided the public outrage dies down.

UPDATE: Jan 5, 2021
The Premier of Alberta seems to have had a change of heart over his "light" approach to dealing with his Members of Parliament... who travelled over Christmas. The public has spoken.

This statement from the Premier of Alberta's Facebook page.

Last Friday, I took responsibility for not having been clear enough with members of the government caucus and others in positions of leadership that they should not travel abroad. Over the weekend, I have listened to Albertans who are sending a clear message that they want real consequences for these actions.
That is why I have accepted the resignation of Municipal Affairs Minister Tracy Allard and have asked my Chief of Staff Jamie Huckabay to step down, which he has done.
I have also accepted the resignation of MLA Jeremy Nixon as Parliamentary Secretary for Civil Society and MLA Jason Stephan from Treasury Board. They as well as MLAs Tanya Fir, Pat Rehn, and Tany Yao have lost their Legislature committee responsibilities.
By travelling abroad over the holidays, these individuals demonstrated extremely poor judgment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If a government lays down a law, or restrictions then it doesn’t only apply to the general public, it applies to officials as well.
So far all the evidence shows (in every country) that there is one law for the masses and quite another law for the government officials.

In any event the lockdowns have proved to be TOTALLY WORTHLESS, so what exactly are the governments up to (other than robbing citizens if their freedoms)?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While people continue to promote conspiracy theories... and claim FALSE AUTHORITY as the TRUTH BEARERS of society... I think I shall continue to listen to government mandates put in place for my safety as well as the safety of others... LOL