Creation Of Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did you say the Bible is God's Word?

You are making false allegations Ducky. When I ask you to prove your lies, you ask me to prove my innocence. Give it up.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
You are making false allegations Ducky. When I ask you to prove your lies, you ask me to prove my innocence. Give it up.
I ask again, when did you say the Bible is God's Word? How is that lies? Is there anything in the Bible that you believe to be literal? Do you believe in salvation? Do you believe anything in the Bible?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I ask again, when did you say the Bible is God's Word? How is that lies? Is there anything in the Bible that you believe to be literal? Do you believe in salvation? Do you believe anything in the Bible?

You answer for your false allegations:

"It means the Bible is God's Word, which you deny."
"Make up your mind Aspen!!! You said the Bible is myth!"

Last chance.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For you?

Is there anything in the Bible that you believe?

Goodnight Ducky

I forgive you for slandering me. I will pray that you experience God's love.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Goodnight Ducky

I forgive you for slandering me. I will pray that you experience God's love.
You don't even know which God you are referring to Aspen. That's a fact! You have pronounced Jesus' Words as myth. You are the one who should be asking for forgiveness.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Do you think the six day creation is too difficult for God?

i think he is very particular and organized in the way he works. he created an entire ecosystem with every creature having a purpose and place within it... Im pretty sure he put a lot of thought into it and I doubt he would have rushed through it.

I dont see why, an eternal God, would feel the need to cram his creative works into such a minute small 'human' time frame.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

According to whom?

-- Ducky, sometimes it seems you say things just to begin an argument.

OF COURSE God wants a relationship with us.
Do you really think He would create us but then choose not to have a relationship with us?

Do you really think He would allow His own son to be sacrificed for people He wanted no relationship with?

"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” - Romans 8:15

-- God would not give the Spirit of Adoption and allow us to call Him 'Father" if he did not desire a relationship with us?

'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' - Jer. 33:3

-- Why would God promise to not only answer someone who calls to Him, but show them "great and mighty things"......if He didn't want a relationship with them?

Aspen, why would you say something like "Why do you keep talking about proof? The Bible proves nothing" and provide no clarification?
It invites the very thing that Ducky accuses you of.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
i think he is very particular and organized in the way he works. he created an entire ecosystem with every creature having a purpose and place within it... Im pretty sure he put a lot of thought into it and I doubt he would have rushed through it.

I dont see why, an eternal God, would feel the need to cram his creative works into such a minute small 'human' time frame.
God doesn't need to think about anything. He already knows it all.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
-- Ducky, sometimes it seems you say things just to begin an argument.

I am defending the integrity of God's Word.
OF COURSE God wants a relationship with us.
Do you really think He would create us but then choose not to have a relationship with us?

Do you really think He would allow His own son to be sacrificed for people He wanted no relationship with?
Evidently you haven't been keeping up with my conversation with Aspen. My issue is with his comment that the Bible is myth. I.E. Jesus' confirmation of the literal Genesis Flood.
Aspen, why would you say something like "Why do you keep talking about proof? The Bible proves nothing" and provide no clarification?

You just got a small glimpse of Aspen's view of the Bible and the heart of my comments.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I believe the Bible confirms our faith and teaches us about God and how humans have failed to relate to him. It is a true account, but not always a literal account. All I mean by "The Bible proves nothing" is that it is not scientific proof for the existence of God. It is our God-given faith that allows us to see the truth in the Bible, not necessarily verifiable proof. The Bible is concerned with more than verifiable truths.

KingdomCome

Sep 13, 2010
,You folks do this on purpose to ruin the thread — WHY?

Back to the OP —

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God the Father did not create the beginning, God formed the Light of the world. The beginning came prior to the darkness. Christ Jesus is the Light of the world and the glory of God — Christ Jesus is the beginning — all things are created in/within Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus, again, is the beginning. When God said, "Let there be light..." He meant to let that which is the beginning, Christ Jesus, to come forth. The physical light came forth on the fourth day. Each day, to the believer, as it is to God, is as a thousand years. When we allow Christ Jesus to be the ending, we can see that we are and were created in, by, through, and reside within, the beginning and the ending which is the Light and the Lamb, and the Temple of God. Moreover, we reside within the Kingdom of God because we are raised with Christ Jesus the Lamb and the Light and the temple that is one with the Father as we the believer, are one with Him.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 5:
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

However:
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I live in the Kingdom of God — I am raised with Christ Jesus — I can see that there is no darkness within the last day, the beginning and the ending — mine eye is single. The whole of the Word of God, the Bible, is about being raised with Christ, though Word has history in it, it is not about the history thereof, it is about turning our eyes toward the Kingdom of God. Look toward, and seek first, the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and not your version of what is good and evil.

1John 3:
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

When you folks do as you do, you do not represent God, you represent the ways of the world...Some spirits here, on this thread, do not confess that Christ Jesus is in their flesh.

1John 4:
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I bring these things forth that you might turn to Christ Jesus and do as Christ Jesus did to you while you knew him not — Love your enemy...

Blessings

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
God said, "Let there be light, and there was light" but the Sun is created on the 4th day.

"And the evening and the morning were the first day", how can there be morning if the Sun is created on the first day. Almost all people start reading the Bible on Genesis and yet there are already "hard-to-understand" verse in this chapter.

EDIT:
According to what most people say Adam existed about 6000 years ago but according to what scientist say the Sun already existed billions of years ago. So how can we solve this problem?

First of all, the Bible is not meant to be taken nor read as a science textbook. God is not interested in teaching us about science. He is interested in our salvation. The Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and was written for mankind's salvation. The six day creation has nothing to do with science because science is not going to give us salvation. This is why it's important that we look at the Bible as God's message to us for our salvation.

The six day creation was linked to the Sabbath. How long God created the world is irrelevant. What man needs to know from the creation story is that God created ALL things and this "six day" creation was linked to the Sabbath because the Sabbath has something to do with mankind's salvation. For in six days, God created everything and on the seventh day, He rested. God consecrated the seventh day and made it holy. And on the seventh day, the Israelites are to rest and not do work. One of the Ten Commandments that was given to Moses concerns the Sabbath Day (See Exodus 20:8-11).

Secondly, of all the Ten Commandments, it was only the Fourth Commandment (Sabbath) that God gave a reason why the Israelites should keep it. God never gave a reason as to why we should not murder, steal, or commit adultery because the reason was already understood. However, only the Fourth Commandment, which is the Sabbath, God gave a reason as to why the Israelites should keep it holy.

Finally, the Sabbath of the Christians is not the same as the Jews. For Christians, they are no longer under the Old Covenant. They are now under the New Covenant. This New Covenant brought fourth a new Sabbath for Christians, which is Sunday.....the Lord's Day. It was on Sunday when Christ rose from the dead. It was on Sunday when Christ ascended to Heaven. It was Sunday when the Holy Spirit descended on the Apostles and His disciples, and t was on Sunday when the Apostles "broke bread" with each other. Sunday became known as the Lord's Day.....and Sunday was linked to a NEW CREATION. It was in Christ Jesus that Christians were made into a new creation and we became a new creature in Christ's death and resurrection.

2 Corinthians 5:17 If then any be in Christ a new creature, the old things are passed away, behold all things are made new.

As Christians, we no longer belong to the Old Creation (a creation linked to the Sabbath), we belong to the New Creation (a creation linked to Christ's death and resurrection). We follow Christ who is the end of the law and the Lord of the Sabbath (Romans 10:4 and Mark 2:28, Matthew 12:8, and Luke 6:5).
In Christ's Passover, Sunday fulfills the spiritual truth of the Jewish sabbath and announces man's eternal rest in God. For worship under the Law prepared for the mystery of Christ, and what was done there prefigured some aspects of Christ:[sup] "[/sup]Those who lived according to the old order of things have come to a new hope, no longer keeping the sabbath, but the Lord's Day, in which our life is blessed by him and by his death. (St. Ignatius of Antioch).

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of a festival day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbaths,

Thus, the Holy Bible should never be taken nor read as a science textbook. That was never God's intention. His intention and main concern was for us to know Him and our salvation.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nicely stated, Selene!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our Creator, Jehovah God, has no need to "cram" his creative work within a small time frame.The apostle Paul wrote to the young man Timothy, calling God "King of Eternity."(1 Tim 1:17) Moses was inspired to write that Jehovah God is "from everlasting to everlasting".(Ps 90:2, King James Bible) God is not limited in time to accomplish his creative handiwork, but however long he wishes. A skilled workman cannot be "rushed" to produce a quality product. Otherwise, there will be flaws that usually later present themselves.

Of Jehovah's work, Moses said that "the Rock, perfect is his activity."(Deut 32:4) He works to complete his work in perfection, not squeezing his time frame, as if he has a deadline to meet.(2 Sam 22:31) He has "appointed times" that he arranges to accomplish his will.(Luke 21:24; Eph 1:10) He "decreed the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of men"(Acts 17:26), setting "up all the boundaries of the earth; Summer and winter—you yourself formed them."(Ps 74:17)

Hence, the creative "days" are not crammed into 24 hours of length, but are extended periods of time covering several thousand years used to prepare the earth for human habitation, for Adam and Eve and their offspring. When the six creative" days" were completed, everything God had made was "very good" or perfect. Yet, the work of having the earth filled with "meek" ones on a paradise earth is not completed (Luke 23:43; Ps 37:11), not until the end of Jesus "thousand year" reign and the removal of all wickedness - Satan, his demons and all who follow his leadership.(Rev 20:7-10)

At this time, the seventh creative"day" will be finalized, with it now being said that "there came to be an evening and there came to be a morning", a seventh day. Also, at this time, Jesus will have handed "over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power", with Adamic death now non-existent.(1 Cor 15:24, 25; Rev 20:13) Thus, there will now be "an abundance of peace " prevailing not only on the earth, but throughout the universe. Jehovah God's will is now accomplished.

Sep 15, 2011
Russia, Obninsk between Moscow and Kaluga
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
God said, "Let there be light, and there was light" but the Sun is created on the 4th day.

"And the evening and the morning were the first day", how can there be morning if the Sun is created on the first day. Almost all people start reading the Bible on Genesis and yet there are already "hard-to-understand" verse in this chapter.

In the Beginning of Creation God gave the special light, the sourse of one was God Himself. The action of Creating were in periods of appearing and disappearing of the Divine Light in the created World. That Divine light has a might to make everything, that was made. Even when the sun, the moon and stars were made, the Divine light was acting till last Day of Creating. The action of the Holy Spirit in the world was as creating Light of the Lord.

Sep 15, 2011
Russia, Obninsk between Moscow and Kaluga
Faith
Christian
Country
Russian Federation
According to what most people say Adam existed about 6000 years ago but according to what scientist say the Sun already existed billions of years ago. So how can we solve this problem?

I am a simple engineer-mechanic, but I have a great interest for science. I've read a special literature, also about sun and find some problems in its disciption. I've written my article with my theory for the sun only in Russian. My acquantance teachers for physic like very much my theory, in which I explain in detailes the processes inside the sun. But there are difficalties to publish it. Scientists don't like such diletants as myself, even they've seached something worth. Journals can publish my theory only after approving of scientists.
Soon I am going to write English translation of my theory. But this moment I am not ready for it. My English is too poor to discribe exactly that theme. Now I try to improve my English, becouse I want to write my works myself. Or, if I find translator, I could check translation.
In the well known theory thermonuclear reaction goes in three stage with very low probability. From this scientists count the time of existing of the sun.
In my theory thermonuclear reaction inside the sun goes right in one stage with very high probability. According my theory the time of existing of the sun must be more and more shorter. I think, to count exactly nobody can. To count it is neccesery exactly know, haw much of helium God created in the beginning inside the sun. This question cannot be answered, exepting - God knows.
For a while I finished my article, I was suggested by my Lord more try for English. After several weeks of studiing He suggested me to write some rhymes in English. I did it . Then He suggested me to discribe my theories in rhymes. I was suprised - there is very difficult subject. But He said me: try.
Here are last lines from my poem about sun:

The sun's the wonderful mashine,
wich for the life of us has been,
wich started then, when our Lord
had made it with the divine Word.