Crucified Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 2:20,

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

God will never throw the whole book at you and say live it. He is going to do exactly what James says "if you know to do right and don't do it, it's sin. When you stand before God you will not be judged on what you don't know, you will be judged on what you do know. That is really simple isn't it, we get told alot of things on how God's judgement will work, but for born again believers they are judged on what they know. There is another judgement on that day, when we stand before God he will ask you one question "what did you do with my Son." That may sting a little for some on that day who have a lighter feeling for what God has done in them.

I have heard some make statements such as; is that all you know is this Christ in you business, can't you find balance in your ministry and talk about something else. I understand ignorance of the scriptures because we all can fall short. But this is not about you, this whole thing of serving God or religion or whatever you want to call it is about Christ in you. You see that has all the connotations of two people, not just one. We quote "God so loved the world" and take off from there with our selfish gospel about me, how God loved me, he died for me, me me me.

No he killed you at the cross with Christ, you were as dead as Jesus when he gave up the ghost. Then we treat the gospel like he gave you a life of your own, for some odd reason we have in mind God was going to give each one a life of their own, and then let's call it Christian. Far cry from the written scriptures as Paul declaring boldly "I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live but it is Christ that liveth in me." You have no life of your own, the only life you will ever have is Christ. If their was any human being that could have pleased the father in the first place there would be no cross, it would not be necessary.

The cross is where Adam and all those in him are crucified, dead killed out, destroyed one translation says. What makes the cross so powerful? It is where humanity started over, when a sinner believes and they get a new life, old things are passed away. Living the crucified life is the only life God recognizes as the true life because it is Christ as life, Christ as the life of the believer with knowledge. That is Christianity that the world needs to see, the real Jesus.. not a religious imitation of some form of godliness.