Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again/ child of God has a Living spiritual relationship with God via His Spirit.

God Loved us first.....what a wonderful Living Father we serve....Praise Him Always....

The Living word of God I thrive on,...always check his Living word that he speaks to our spirit, with his written word...

Isaiah 64:7– “Yet, Lord, you are our father; we are the clay and you our potter: we are all the work of your hand.” 1 John 3:1 – “See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are.

Hebrews 12:6-7​

King James Version​

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

1 Corinthians 2:10-16​

King James Version​

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul told us something very specific.

He said that if anyone teaches any other "Gospel" then His, then Paul said to "let them be cursed of God".

And what is so STRONG and Dynamic and BLUNT, regarding what He just said, is that He didn't qualify it only as "if the unbelievers do it".

See that Reader?

Paul said ANYONE....."even an ANGEL">...= .."let them be cursed of God" who preaches a different GOSPEL this His.

This is not "up for debate"...as Paul is not giving you His Opinion..

He is stipulating that ANYONE.......born again, religious, Baptist, Catholic, Calvinist, Satanist, Berean, Church of God, Assembly of God, Church of England, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Presbyterian.... JW, Mormon... or "religious fringe TULIP whatever".

Did i miss your denomination?.......Well, its on the List..

So, Christian or otherwise, if you preach or Teach, something that offends the Cross.... by limiting it, or adding to it...then you just became Galatians 1:8.

So, if a person is preaching.."get dunked and repent", as their Gospel, then that is not Paul's and you are found as a Galatians 1:8.

Dont be that one.
Listen to Paul, and read His Epistles, learn HIS Gospel..... and stay SAFE...

How do you stay safe? You do that by not offending God, regarding The Cross and Regarding The Christ.

"well i would never do that'....

Calvin did.
Mary Baker Eddy did
Jerome did.
Quite a Few POPES have.
Joseph Smith did.
Most "christian" denomination do..

Reader the list is LONG, regarding who teaches Against the Cross and says they are Teaching the Truth.

You have to read Paul's Epistles, so that the HS will "level you up" and keep you out of Hebrews 6:1.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one here is teaching against the cross, who, would dare, it’s “because “of the cross/ death / resurrection of Jesus, that we can become Born Again.....without the cross and its work that it achieved...

We could NEVER be reconciled, made right with God....our spirit is reconciled back to God.

Commentary.
The complete work of his atonement He came to give his life as a ransom for many, and on the cross he says, “It is finished.” He has borne the guilt of our sins. He has endured the punishment of our hell. The divine wrath has been spent on him. The justice of God has been satisfied in him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No one here is teaching against the cross,

Listen, Anyone who teaches that you can't be saved unless there is "water baptism", is teaching against the Cross.. Galatians 1:8

Anyone who is teaching that only the "pre-chosen" before you are born, can go to heaven, is teaching against the Cross.

The "Doctrine of Total Depravity" is a Cross Denying Heresy, and its taught on every forum, including this one, endlessly.

I can name for you half a dozen members here, who are Galatian 1:8, but i'll not do that...

Instead i'll just post what one of them is teaching on their Threads, ...

He said..>"The Cross is not about forgiveness of SIN"..

So, that is about as Anti-Christ as is going to come out of someone's mouth, and they are here a lot, and they post Threads all the time.

So, you can believe that there are many here, who are engaged in Galatians 1:8., as its a fact.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, Christian or otherwise, if you preach or Teach, something that offends the Cross.... by limiting it, or adding to it...then you just became Galatians 1:8.
How can anyone add to the cross or limit its power?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Listen, Anyone who teaches that you can't be saved unless there is "water baptism", is teaching against the Cross.. Galatians 1:8
Amen
Anyone who is teaching that only the "pre-chosen" before you are born, can go to heaven, is teaching against the Cross.
I don’t understand this.
The "Doctrine of Total Depravity" is a Cross Denying Heresy, and its taught on every forum, including this one, endlessly.
I have never denied the cross...I think we might be misunderstanding each other on this...which is fine...wait on the Lord for his truth...
I can name for you have a dozen member here, who are Galatian 1:8, but i'll not do that...

The cross is about the forgiveness of sins....his name was Jesus who died for our sins....again I think we misunderstood each other....without the cross and Jesus death there is no forgiveness of sin.

Are you saying Calvin teaches against the cross?

Who teaches against the cross @Behold ?
So, that is about as Anti-Christ as is going to come out of someone's mouth, and they are here a lot, and they post Threads all the time.

So, you can believe that there are many here, who are engaged in Galatians 1:8.
Never knew that..I’m only involved in this thread at the moment..I wanted to take a break from the forum...I guess God had other plans.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can name for you have a dozen member here, who are Galatian 1:8, but i'll not do that...

Well, he’s very wrong then isn’t he?

Did you report the post?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How can anyone add to the cross or limit its power?

We know that Jesus on the Cross is God's Salvation.
He is the Gift of God. He is the Redemption.. Jesus is the Sin Bearing Sacrifice.. Jesus is the Blood Atonement. Jesus is the New Covenant.

This Cross of Christ is the Total and FINAL offering of God,....that is Jesus slain for us... so that we can be forgiven.... and there isn't anything else...

This is why Jesus said in John 14:6... "i am THE WAY , and no person can come to the FATHER, but by = ME">

"By Me" = The Cross of Christ.....

So, thats the end of it... regarding What God has supplied to us so that we can be forgiven, and subsequently born again.

A.) And that is Paul's GOSPEL

In comes the DEVIL......

In comes THE DEVIL for the last 2000 yrs...

"Well, that Cross is not for everyone"....>"its only for SOME" You hAVE TO BE pre-chosen before you are born"...

"Well, that Cross is part of it, its part of God's salvation.... but you ALSO have to keep commandments"

"well That Cross starts your salvation, but then you have to keep yourself saved by confessing sin and living in a state of repentance".

"well, The Cross plus water Baptism, is ONLY how you can be saved:... no water, no salvation".

"Well, that Cross is not about forgiveness of sin.. .Its just a gate, a door, a start... and then you must ""enter the Higher walk in Zion"" and perform righteousness, to be accepted by God".

on, and on..

"The Cross + works" "The Cross + WHATEVER...........or... "The Cross is only for some but not John 3:16"..

See, what the devil does, is he adds to the Cross or reduces it... Limits it., denies it..

The Devil always manipulates The Cross and then .... some Man teaches this Manipulation..... as Calvinism, or some other "ism".

Paul's Gospel is.... PURELY.= "THE.. Preaching of THE Cross".....No water, No commandments, no works, no enduring, no self effort, ... no limiting it to "some"... ..none of that Cross Rejecting HERESY that defines that Teacher or Preacher or Pope. as a : Galatians 1:8

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot trust any cross as a non believer, you wouldn’t know how....the cross does not make you Born Again...it’s because of the cross that God can make us Born Again.only the Name of Jesus saves......our spirit is Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God?
Well of course you can;t You still do not believe.

But God most certainly can convince you and anyone else that the cross is the only means of salvation.

How would we know that?

That scripture has nothing to do with being Born Again by the Living word of God.
Scripture IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD. You are seriously worrying me
You imo are understanding that scripture in your own understanding, believing that is how we become Born Again.....that is not how we become Born Again.....” your”theology is “ your”theology.....I see no spiritual understanding or life in your posts, just the written word, that you believe makes us Born Again...very confusing indeed....

You need to be Born Again by Gods Living Active Spirit....not by the written word.....the written word is what backs up Gods Living word, when he communicates to our spirit by his Living Spirit who indwells our spirit.

I am still waiting for you to explain what is the difference between the Living word of God and his written word?
There is no difference, the written word of God is the living word of God. John made this clear when he called Jesus the word (logos)

when you read the written word, you are reading the living word.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well of course yuou can;t You still do not believe.

But God most certainly can convince you and anyone else that the cross is the only means of salvation.

Completely and utterly disagree, not biblical..

Scripture IS THE LIVING WORD OF GOD. You are seriously worrying me

Scripture is not the Living word of God....scripture is Gods written word...don’t you know that the Living word of God is what makes us Born Again?
There is no difference, the written word of God is the living word of God. John made this clear when he called Jesus the word (logos)

when you read the written word, you are reading the living word.
For heavens sake, the Living word is delivered to our spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit...what is that if it’s not the Living word of God.

How would I know I was Born Again having never read a Bible?
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Exactly...his Living word is what makes our spirit Born Again.

So, why aren’t you understanding that?

Please use scripture proving what I post is wrong...not your opinion.

You are confusing...being Born Again of imperishable seed is Gods Living seed that we receive into our heart/ spirit?

The Living Spirit brings our spirit Alive.....not the written word...the written word backs up Gods Living word.

Have you got a relationship with the Bible...or have you got a relationship with God via His Spirit?

We are his spiritual children/ Born Again?

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then, Judge, tell me how you read those scriptures I posted. Better yet, tell me how you ignore them.
Ignore them?

You do realize there is a difference between interpreting them differently than you do and ignoring them do you not? I learned along time ago in my error. how I needed to stop trying to interpret the word to fit my belief system, But make my belief system conform to the word. I found alot of error in my belief when I did that

Love how @Ritajanice Liked this post. so Rita. Are you now teaching we must be bati9zed in water to be saved? Because that is what you liked!!! Does your anger of me get you so mad that you end up liking something you do not believe in??

Back to spyder

Acts 2: 38, Try reading the passage as written, Peter does not tell anyone if they are baptized they will receive the gift of the spirit.. That's a serious misrepresentation of peter's words

Titus 3: 4 - 7 says excactly what I believe, that it is NOT by works of righteousness (such as being water baptised) which we have done but by his mercy he saved us

1 Peter 3 is not saying water baptism removed the filth of sin from the flesh, It says that water baptism, like the waters the flood (which was Gods judgment) is another example of the true baptism which saves us, which is accomplished through the ressurection of Jesus

The fact is, If you are saying we MUST be water baptized to recieve the spirit. You are in effect trying to earn your salvation through human effort. and not through the grace of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ignore them?

You do realize there is a difference between interpreting them differently than you do and ignoring them do you not? I learned along time ago in my error. how I needed to stop trying to interpret the word to fit my belief system, But make my belief system conform to the word. I found alot of error in my belief when I did that

Love how @Ritajanice Liked this post. so Rita. Are you now teaching we must be bati9zed in water to be saved? Because that is what you liked!!! Does your anger of me get you so mad that you end up liking something you do not believe in??
I never realised that , I shall remove my post and thumbs up,this thread has been fast paced..apologies I will remove them straight away...
Back to spyder

Acts 2: 38, Try reading the passage as written, Peter does not tell anyone if they are baptized they will receive the gift of the spirit.. That's a serious misrepresentation of peter's words

Titus 3: 4 - 7 says excactly what I believe, that it is NOT by works of righteousness (such as being water baptised) which we have done but by his mercy he saved us

1 Peter 3 is not saying water baptism removed the filth of sin from the flesh, It says that water baptism, like the waters the flood (which was Gods judgment) is another example of the true baptism which saves us, which is accomplished through the ressurection of Jesus

The fact is, If you are saying we MUST be water baptized to recieve the spirit. You are in effect trying to earn your salvation through human effort. and not through the grace of God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Living word of God backs up His written word?
The written word IS ThE LIVING WORD.

Come on!!!!
That is not how Gods Living word gives birth to our spirit...those are your words.
No it is Jesus words.
I asked you what the Living word of God means and how would you know that you received the Living word into your spirit, when Spirit gives birth to spirit?
Spirit gives birth to spirit? Where do you see this in the word of God???

What does that mean even?

Not Biblical, that is un- truth...we are Born Again through the mighty name of Jesus...no Jesus no rebirth...God draws us to Jesus, he brings us to believe in His Name...I wouldn’t know how.

No one is Born Again without the word of God you say....what is Born Again by the word of the Living God?

You say you chose to be Born Again by the Living Spirit Of God....therefore glorifying your own human power...plus choosing to be Born Of The Spirit is not biblical...that’s your theology.

By saying you chose to become being Born Of The Spirit, is insulting to God..doesn’t get any ruder than that.

Ah...now you decide when we’re done....I’m done if you’re done? no problem.
lol,

So I trust the work of God to save me, but its human effort.

do you listen to yourself?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The written word IS ThE LIVING WORD.

Come on!!!!

No it is Jesus words.

Spirit gives birth to spirit? Where do you see this in the word of God???
No it’s not, prove it using scripture?

Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit?

I knew in my spirit that there was something wrong...you do not understand that Gods births His children, by His Living Spirit, now please prove Gods word wrong using scripture?
lol,

So I trust the work of God to save me, but its human effort.

do you listen to yourself?
You trust God in your human effort...we are Born Again by the Living Spirit.

Your theology is way out of line, saying that Gods Living word is His written word...a big fat lie!!

Gods Living word made Adam and Eve....His written word says so....no wonder I am confused reading your posts, they are full of your man made words.

Nothing spiritual in your words whatsoever.....imo...

God persuaded you to become Born Again...that is manmade doctrine....post that God persuaded you to become Born Again?...using scripture.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is not the Living word of God....scripture is Gods written word...don’t you know that the Living word of God is what makes us Born Again?
So the author of Hebrews lied?
For heavens sake, the Living word is delivered to our spirit...Spirit gives birth to spirit...what is that if it’s not the Living word of God.
Show me the words spirit gives birth to spirit?

The spirit gave birth to me, I was dead in tresspasses and sins, and he made me alive, for it is by Grace I was saved through faith.
How would I know I was Born Again having never read a Bible?
I am not the judge of who is born again or how.

All I can go by is what they say
Exactly...his Living word is what makes our spirit Born Again.
The bible is his living word.

2 timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [c]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Galatians 3:22

But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

2 Timothy 3:15
and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

So, why aren’t you understanding that?
I do understand it, You seem to tbe the one who is not understanding it
Please use scripture proving what I post is wrong...not your opinion.
I did, and in this post, I posted even more scripture that does.
You are confusing...being Born Again of imperishable seed is Gods Living seed that we receive into our heart/ spirit?
No, I am not confusing anything
The Living Spirit brings our spirit Alive.....not the written word...the written word backs up Gods Living word.

Have you got a relationship with the Bible...or have you got a relationship with God via His Spirit?

We are his spiritual children/ Born Again?
The bible is Gods word. God inspired every word.

So you say I can be born again apart from the cross. and now you say the bible is not Gods living word.

I mean really??

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it’s not, prove it using scripture?
I did
Flesh gives birth to flesh.

Spirit gives birth to spirit?
Again, where does it say this?

Are you getting that from this verse?

John 3: 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It does nto say spirit gives birth to spirit. It says that (whoever) which is born of the spirit is a alive in the spirit. That which is born of the flesh (physical birth) us physically alive, But must be born again, or a second time, in the spirit,
I knew in my spirit that there was something wrong...you do not understand that Gods births His children, by His Living Spirit, now please prove Gods word wrong using scripture?
The thing wrong is your understanding.

God birthed me when I called out to him in faith
You trust God in your human effort...we are Born Again by the Living Spirit.
Stop this human effort nonsense.

My faith is in the work of God. not my work..
Your theology is way out of line, saying that Gods Living word is His written word...a big fat lie!!
lol. I will tell God that you claim his written word is dead.
Gods Living word made Adam and Eve....His written word says so....no wonder I am confused reading your posts, they are full of your man made words.

Nothing spiritual in your words whatsoever.....imo...

God persuaded you to become Born Again...that is manmade doctrine....post that God persuaded you to become Born Again?...using scripture.
God pursuaded me to repent and call out to him to be saved.

If he did not do that for you. How can you be saved?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask how this helps the conversation? Where is your argument? Where is your scripture?
I don't know if it helps the conversation at all. My point is that what some here are proclaiming is a divine message direct from God apart from His written word which is simply not there. Such a direct divine message is what may be referred to as the doctrine of illumination. That is a false doctrine. It is a doctrine that assumes the written word of God which we have as the Bible is incomplete and insufficient. It is neither. That in itself perhaps does not address the basic topic of this thread, but it does highlight the fact that some of what is being posted here is simply scripturally false.

Most of what is being discussed here now has nothing to do with the OP thread, i.e., the role of water baptism in the gospel message. I would be happy to get back to that but discussing it among posters who think they have legitimate instruction direct from God is all rather useless.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So the author of Hebrews lied?
The Living word of God does not lie...Spirit gives birth to spirit...?
Show me the words spirit gives birth to spirit?
Look it up, it’s there..Spirit gives birth to spirit...without that Living rebirth one is not Born Again.
The spirit gave birth to me, I was dead in tresspasses and sins, and he made me alive, for it is by Grace I was saved through faith.
Gods word does not say he gave birth to me/ you.

What did God give birth to in you?
I am not the judge of who is born again or how.

All I can go by is what they say

The bible is his living word.
The Bible is not his Living word..that’s his written word..
2 timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [c]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Galatians 3:22

But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

2 Timothy 3:15
and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
That is the written word...
I do understand it, You seem to tbe the one who is not understanding it

I did, and in this post, I posted even more scripture that does.

No, I am not confusing anything

The bible is Gods word. God inspired every word.

The Bible is Gods written word...not his Living word...I ask you again, how would I know I was Born Again if not by Gods Living word, which was backed up by his written word?
So you say I can be born again apart from the cross. and now you say the bible is not Gods living word.

I mean really??
The Bible is not Gods Living word..never in a million years...we are Born Again by the Living Spirit...backed up by the written word.