Crucifixion Question

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GenerousListener

New Member
Aug 1, 2025
7
3
3
69
Central Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the story of Jesus's birth, death, and resurrection. And I know the story of his crucifixion.

This is where my question comes into play. There is something I don't "fully" understand. I have a very superficial understand of my question. Hopefully someone can understand what I'm asking and help me to better understand.

I don't fully understand sending Jesus to the earth to live as a man. Then, having him resurrected. And this is the crux of my question:

How does Jesus dying, and being crucified on the cross, equate to forgiving everyone's sins? How does Jesus dying equate to that forgiveness of sin for mankind? How does his blood then equate to the forgiveness of sin?

WHY, did God (have to?) send his son to Earth for mankind? If I remember correctly, Jesus knew he was going to die, and was meant to die, for our sins. I know I'm repeating a bit here.

I do not understand how Jesus coming to the Earth as the Son of God, and dying on the cross equates to taking the punishment (for lack of a better word) for mankind and absolving mankind's sin.

Everything I've tried searching for to help me understand always brings me to articles, or videos, that talk about Jesus dying and doing it for all man.

No one talked about how that happens, or why that happens, with his death. At this point it is just an analogy. I don't understand the mechanics of how his death does all these things for us.

I hope this is making sense to someone. It's hard to describe what I'm wanting to know.

If anyone understands what I'm asking is willing to give me their precious time to help explain this to me I would so greatly appreciate their help.

I have no problem looking up scriptures if they help explain things as we
I wanted to share an interesting you tube item with you. I I see no ground rules
I know the story of Jesus's birth, death, and resurrection. And I know the story of his crucifixion.

This is where my question comes into play. There is something I don't "fully" understand. I have a very superficial understand of my question. Hopefully someone can understand what I'm asking and help me to better understand.

I don't fully understand sending Jesus to the earth to live as a man. Then, having him resurrected. And this is the crux of my question:

How does Jesus dying, and being crucified on the cross, equate to forgiving everyone's sins? How does Jesus dying equate to that forgiveness of sin for mankind? How does his blood then equate to the forgiveness of sin?

WHY, did God (have to?) send his son to Earth for mankind? If I remember correctly, Jesus knew he was going to die, and was meant to die, for our sins. I know I'm repeating a bit here.

I do not understand how Jesus coming to the Earth as the Son of God, and dying on the cross equates to taking the punishment (for lack of a better word) for mankind and absolving mankind's sin.

Everything I've tried searching for to help me understand always brings me to articles, or videos, that talk about Jesus dying and doing it for all man.

No one talked about how that happens, or why that happens, with his death. At this point it is just an analogy. I don't understand the mechanics of how his death does all these things for us.

I hope this is making sense to someone. It's hard to describe what I'm wanting to know.

If anyone understands what I'm asking is willing to give me their precious time to help explain this to me I would so greatly appreciate their help.

I have no problem looking up scriptures if they help explain things as well.
In my struggle with this, I found a quite interesting explanation of this topic on YouTube. Consider searching this title:

JORDAN PETERSON DISCUSSES THE STORY OF CHRIST'S CRUCIFIXION ON JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE PODCAST . . . view the 3 minute clip and share what you think.​

 

mailmandan

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2020
6,721
7,008
113
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
First of all, let me assure you that I wasn't seeking to take away from or add to Scripture. That is why I used the word "unlikely", not "impossible." My reasoning is twofold: First, we are not told that he was baptized, and second, how could he have been baptized whilst hanging on a cross?

Also, I would say that he knew he didn't have a good heart which is why he needed to repent, and needed a Saviour. As I said before, both he and his fellow-thief had mocked Jesus on the cross to start with. Mocking the Saviour doesn't result from having a good heart.

Lastly, I love your quote from Psalm 19.
Amen! Now certain folks may try to argue that the thief on the cross may have been converted, was water baptized, yet the fruit of that is being crucified as a thief? - (highly unlikely)

In Matthew 27:39-44, we see that those who passed by, along with the chief priests' scribes and elders blasphemed, mocked and shook their heads at Jesus and EVEN THE ROBBERS WHO WERE CRUCIFIED WITH HIM REVILED HIM WITH THE SAME THING. More fruit? I certainly don't see being crucified as a thief, blaspheming, mocking and shaking your head at Jesus as being the fruit of repentance/faith.

Yet, moments later, we see that one of the thieves had a "change of mind" (repentance) placed his faith in Christ for salvation and was saved. (Luke 23:40-43) Of course, he died while still hanging on the cross before having the opportunity to be water baptized afterwards.
 
  • Like
Reactions: David Lamb

Behold

Well-Known Member
Apr 11, 2020
24,720
9,302
113
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Gender
Male
Every day in this world, thousands and thousands and thousands of sinners call on the name of Jesus for Salvation, and they are born again by the Holy Spirit.

Some of them are in a Prison cell in some country in this world, and no water is available to baptize them when they call on the Name of Jesus for Salvation
Some of them are in a foreign country that does not allow Bibles, Christ, or Christianity inside its gates, or water baptism.
Some of these who called on the name of Jesus for Salvaiton today were dying in a hospital room somewhere in thiis world, laying on their death bed, and God saved them when they called on the name of Jesus, believing..... and no water baptism was in their hospital room as they were born again by the Holy Spirit.

Now, the Mary Cult and similar Water cults contend that none of those i have descrtibed can truly be saved, because there was noone dunking them under the baptismal water or sprinkling them with the baptismal water can.

A.) The Mary Cult is a demonic religion and its Water Cult branches are no better ......they are in fact exactly the same.
-
-
NG-MC.jpg
 

Matthias

Well-Known Member
May 3, 2022
36,196
25,820
113
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gender
Male
New Christians, obeying Jesus’ command to baptize / be baptized doesn’t in and of itself put you in a “demonic religion / Water Cult.”

If you haven’t been baptized yet, you should speak with your local pastor about it.

1791406039380.jpeg