Cursing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Or maybe you just need to be heard, And believe you’ll be heard for your much speaking?

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
Amazing isn’t it it alleges it’s possible to understand all mysteries and all knowledge yet have no fruit.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
wondering if the church forum is an appropriate place to discuss “cursing”? This question was posted by another member in another thread and both are good questions for consideration. “You think cursing is appropriate? Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here.”

Deuteronomy 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

You think cursing is appropriate? Asked here the answer is often: yes I do. I do think cursing is appropriate. I think cursing and death is appropriate. Then Why?

Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here. Does the spirit of Christ speak: the curse and death or the blessing and Life? Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Are we keeping His commandments while cursing others? Are we hypocrites? Are we speaking with the Spirit of Christ while cursing others to hell? So confused and drowning here ...because there seems to be a lot of doctrine and claiming of keeping the Law while speaking the curse and death, rather than the blessing and Life which we claim is our own.
I would think that both are required, which is why the Bible itself employs both tactics to convey a message.
It is an undeniable fact that there are, without exception, dire consequences in rejecting God's Word.
And equally, countless blessings in accepting and abiding by his Word.
There is a time to express one message, as much as there is a time to emphasize the other.
Many peoples were warned of their impending doom, in various ways, in order to one, give fair warning, and two, to persuade them to change their ways. Jonah was successful in causing Ninevah to repent with a message of austerity. As was Josiah moved by the curses in the Torah. 2 Kings 22:16
For, is not wiping the dust off one's feet, a form of rebuke? Ezekial also was told to express the curse, in order to cause repentance. Ezekial 3:18

And then, the Gospel is called, or means, Good New for a reason. It compels one to repentance as much as a warning.

Both approaches are necessary, as both facts are invariably true.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting little read, so it seems the author here thinks he holds the truth and his evidence is that he’s offensive. Does this mean that anyone that I find offensive hold the truth,
Because Jehovah witness are sometimes offensive to me?
Dont find them offensive at all, can have really good conversation with them its a pity they dont come into this street. Pity all they know is head knowledge and not in the heart, no different to what you see here.

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the bible says there is no other name by which we must be saved but through the name Jesus only, and that those who profess his name will be saved, however it seems like in this day and age that is not the case anymore, all I see is some people using the Lord name in vain and arguing about so many other stuff.. but probably don't even know the Lord... whether one swears or not the Lord still sees our intent and motives behind everything...I'm sure he won't send someone who swears to hell just like that cause what the Lord really looks at is out heart and motives behind every situation, where the truth lies..not everyone feels good everything, not everyone can be perfect all the time though we stumble the Lord lifts us up and he knows we will stumble sometimes cause that's what it entails to, persecuting and reviling etc. Duh. Your words won't save you because the bible says out own words will condemn us, for what man speaks, God can speak higher for he is the only one who can sit high and see all that goes on whether inwardly or outwardly, the exterior part of us can't save us like the interior part of us can....But at the end of the day none of us can justify ourselves cause no one is righteous.. the bible says we are all filthy rags... But Jesus knows who is he so I am not worried about it...it's pointless to argue about something only God knows..
And getting you neighbor to agree with you won't change anything, it may make you feel good about yourself but it won't lessen the truth..cause the Bible says what door the Lord opens no one can close just like a door the Lord closes no one can open..so it's not about who is right or wrong or man's opinions, the only one opinions matter is God cause he only knows the truth to everything and that is just something you gonna have to accept....

Last edited:

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the bible says there is no other name by which we must be saved but through the name Jesus only, and that those who profess his name will be saved, however it seems like in this day and age that is not the case anymore, all I see is some people using the Lord name in vain and arguing about so many other stuff.. but probably don't even know the Lord... whether one swears or not the Lord still sees our intent and motives behind everything...I'm sure he won't send someone who swears to hell just like that cause what the Lord really looks at is out heart and motives behind every situation, where the truth lies..not everyone feels good everyday, there is a lot of emotion involve and sometimes people feelings get hurt, not everyone can be perfect all the time though we stumble the Lord lifts us up and he knows we will stumble sometimes cause that's what it entails to, persecuting and reviling etc. Duh. Your words won't save you because the bible says out own words will condemn us, for what man speaks, God can speak higher for he is the only one who can sit high and see all that goes on whether inwardly or outwardly, the exterior part of us can't save us like the interior part of us can....But at the end of the day none of us can justify ourselves cause no one is righteous.. the bible says we are all filthy rags... But Jesus knows who is he so I am not worried about it...it's pointless to argue about something only God knows..
And getting you neighbor to agree with you won't change anything, it may make you feel good about yourself but it won't lessen the truth..cause the Bible says what door the Lord opens no one can close just like a door the Lord closes no one can open..so it's not about who is right or wrong or man's opinions, the only one opinions matter is God cause he only knows the truth to everything and that is just something you gonna have to accept....

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the bible says there is no other name by which we must be saved but through the name Jesus only, and that those who profess his name will be saved, however it seems like in this day and age that is not the case anymore, all I see is some people using the Lord name in vain and arguing about so many other stuff.. but probably don't even know the Lord... whether one swears or not the Lord still sees our intent and motives behind everything...I'm sure he won't send someone who swears to hell just like that cause what the Lord really looks at is out heart and motives behind every situation, where the truth lies..not everyone feels good everything, not everyone can be perfect all the time though we stumble the Lord lifts us up and he knows we will stumble sometimes cause that's what it entails to, persecuting and reviling etc. Duh. Your words won't save you because the bible says out own words will condemn us, for what man speaks, God can speak higher for he is the only one who can sit high and see all that goes on whether inwardly or outwardly, the exterior part of us can't save us like the interior part of us can....But at the end of the day none of us can justify ourselves cause no one is righteous.. the bible says we are all filthy rags... But Jesus knows who is he so I am not worried about it...it's pointless to argue about something only God knows..
So true JenniD God has placed Him above all.

Psalm 138:2-6 KJV
[2] I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. [3] In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. [4] All the kings of the earth shall praise thee, O Lord, when they hear the words of thy mouth. [5] Yea, they shall sing in the ways of the Lord : for great is the glory of the Lord. [6] Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

This is why we publish His name
Tecarta Bible

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say 'cursing' I take it you don't mean swearing or bad language.

I've always understood biblical cursing as being negative to the work of the Holy Spirit. Like when somebody in church comes up with a plan that they believe is from God and others put it down or pick it to pieces and say it can't be done. I've come across that sort of negativity all too often. Like the spies that came back in fear and told Moses not to proceed. Their words cursed the Israelites and caused them to die in the wilderness rather than entering the Promised Land which only Joshua and Caleb got to see because they weren't negative.
Remember also that Jesus spoke of the left hand, the goats, versus the right hand, the sheep. God does use those who are in those left hand places to accomplish curses which He has spoken, does He not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the reason we would not just simply say, in a kinder, gentler way, those things you said it means? You already know the answer. We want to use the "justifiable" dig that we can hide behind as "not really" being a dig.

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Prov 15:1

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And was this not a curse that Jesus invoked against the fig tree?

"And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." Matt 21:19

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte