Cursing.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember also that Jesus spoke of the left hand, the goats, versus the right hand, the sheep. God does use those who are in those left hand places to accomplished curses which He has spoken, does He not?

One is cut off? what of when there is no more curse? 2 Corinthians 6:7-10
[7] By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And was this not a curse that Jesus invoked against the fig tree?

"And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." Matt 21:19

But now the fig tree blossomed

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One is cut off? what of when there is no more curse? 2 Corinthians 6:7-10
[7] By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
Yes indeed! Jesus spoke of the left versus the right, but his meaning was spiritual:

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:" Matt 25:32-34

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41

People some years ago acted against children who were naturally born left handed to fix this supposed malady. [I was one of those.] Familys would not allow a child to grow up left handed because they feared it meant he would end up being counted among the goats. But that is the flesh!

"But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded:..." Judges 3:15

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wondering if the church forum is an appropriate place to discuss “cursing”? This question was posted by another member in another thread and both are good questions for consideration. “You think cursing is appropriate? Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here.”

Deuteronomy 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

You think cursing is appropriate? Asked here the answer is often: yes I do. I do think cursing is appropriate. I think cursing and death is appropriate. Then Why?

Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here. Does the spirit of Christ speak: the curse and death or the blessing and Life? Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Are we keeping His commandments while cursing others? Are we hypocrites? Are we speaking with the Spirit of Christ while cursing others to hell? So confused and drowning here ...because there seems to be a lot of doctrine and claiming of keeping the Law while speaking the curse and death, rather than the blessing and Life which we claim is our own.

I want to understand you. Your not talking about bad words? Like profanity?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But now the fig tree blossomed

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
Luk 21:29 And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
Luk 21:30 When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
Even so... but will all of those who received a curse finally blossom?

Hmmm? Did Adam and Eve stay always cursed or did they walk with God at their final end?

Was Moses who lost access to the Promised Land for disobeying God finally end up on the Lord's side?

Reactions: mjrhealth

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People some years ago acted against children who were naturally born left handed to fix this supposed malady. [I was one of those.] Familys would not allow a child to grow up left handed because they feared it meant he would end up being counted among the goats. But that is the flesh!

I didn’t know they did that. I’m sorry that was forced upon you. Thank you for sharing something so intimate. It is crazy.

At your mention of the right hand and the left hand, was going to bring up something to consider. Satan stood at the right hand to resist him. Zechariah 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

oddly the right hand is mentioned Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Maybe nothing. but we see Christ stands at the right hand of His people. Seated at the right hand of the Father. where is the throne of God if not In the heart? Just something to consider. maybe as off as saying left handed children will grow up to be goats.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t know they did that. I’m sorry that was forced upon you. Thank you for sharing something so intimate. It is crazy.

At your mention of the right hand and the left hand, was going to bring up something to consider. Satan stood at the right hand to resist him. Zechariah 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

oddly the right hand is mentioned Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Maybe nothing. but we see Christ stands at the right hand of His people. Seated at the right hand of the Father. where is the throne of God if not In the heart? Just something to consider. maybe as off as saying left handed children will grow up to be goats.
I did a short study some time ago on the right versus the left hand and have intended to get back to it. There is as you have seen by the verses you quoted, a lot more to it. Just going through such a study would be helpful. I hope to do it in time, but too much on my plate at the moment and God is not pressing me that way. You might be interested it doing such a study yourself. If you ever do, I would be interested in seeing any results or conclusions.

Reactions: Waiting on him

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a short study some time ago on the right versus the left hand and have intended to get back to it. There is as you have seen by the verses you quoted, a lot more to it. Just going through such a study would be helpful. I hope to do it in time, but too much on my plate at the moment and God is not pressing me that way. You might be interested it doing such a study yourself. If you ever do, I would be interested in seeing any results or conclusions.

we will see. Lately taking a step back and waiting on His move. In a place I can’t seem to get out from until some things are resolved. might take a day, a week, or years...

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting little read, so it seems the author here thinks he holds the truth and his evidence is that he’s offensive. Does this mean that anyone that I find offensive hold the truth,
Because Jehovah witness are sometimes offensive to me?
That is hardly what the article said and you know it. That was just stupid.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is hardly what the article said and you know it. That was just stupid.
Hello David, I noticed that you have it listed that you are a Preacher, Author, Husband....a Preacher has alot of responsibility in training up His Sheep to help them learn, grow and walk in His ways....and they also are held accountable before God if they cause any to go astray. So all this was said leading up to my question....Do you talk to His sheep like this all the time? Or what kind of preacher are you? What are reformed truths?
I know a pastor has compassion for his flock....and when they err in knowledge or understanding he teaches them what is truth.

I really don't want to even engage with you about your calling or profession.....but it is not a very good idea to list these titles for yourself here on this forum especially when your actions are rather harsh and insulting....because a person who might be here maybe wanting to become a Christian may just change their mind after seeing how people here are retorting in a sarcastic manner which invokes anger and strife.

I totally respect that you have different beliefs and do not agree with some of the things others post....but is this the way to help them learn the truth?

Well, I am lifting you up in prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to help you speak words of life, encouragement, wisdom and truth. All for His Glory. Amen.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
wondering if the church forum is an appropriate place to discuss “cursing”? This question was posted by another member in another thread and both are good questions for consideration. “You think cursing is appropriate? Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here.”

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

You think cursing is appropriate? Asked here the answer is often: yes I do. I do think cursing is appropriate. I think cursing and death is appropriate. Then Why?

Clearly you are not speaking with the spirit of Christ here. Does the spirit of Christ speak: the curse and death or the blessing and Life? Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
Are we keeping His commandments while cursing others? Are we hypocrites? Are we speaking with the Spirit of Christ while cursing others to hell? So confused and drowning here ...because there seems to be a lot of doctrine and claiming of keeping the Law while speaking the curse and death, rather than the blessing and Life which we claim is our own.

Let your speech be with ALL grace. Can you curse gracefully? :eek:

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello David, I noticed that you have it listed that you are a Preacher, Author, Husband....a Preacher has alot of responsibility in training up His Sheep to help them learn, grow and walk in His ways....and they also are held accountable before God if they cause any to go astray. So all this was said leading up to my question....Do you talk to His sheep like this all the time? Or what kind of preacher are you? What are reformed truths?
I know a pastor has compassion for his flock....and when they err in knowledge or understanding he teaches them what is truth.

I really don't want to even engage with you about your calling or profession.....but it is not a very good idea to list these titles for yourself here on this forum especially when your actions are rather harsh and insulting....because a person who might be here maybe wanting to become a Christian may just change their mind after seeing how people here are retorting in a sarcastic manner which invokes anger and strife.

I totally respect that you have different beliefs and do not agree with some of the things others post....but is this the way to help them learn the truth?

Well, I am lifting you up in prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to help you speak words of life, encouragement, wisdom and truth. All for His Glory. Amen.

@Heart2Soul this was not to me. I’m sorry to interrupt but you have good points. I’m aware you and I don’t agree all the time. There are lots of times I don’t agree with others. But mostly I’m seeking if I’m in agreement with God. Not to drag @David Taylor through the mud because he is not alone as I’m with him. didn’t start this thread to pick on any other members because I’m struggling here also. Sounds ugly but I got into a big argument with my daughter the other day. She started crying and saying how I don’t think she is listening when I talk about God but she is. And for years she has been holding it in that I speak of God as merciful but judge others differently. A lot of hurt. She knows they have hurt our family but says I’m a hypocrite for not giving the forgiveness I go on and on about all the time. She said all of what she sees all the time knowing I’ve been in His word for years and still am where I am, makes her never want to read His word or know God. She was crying hard and saying “is God barbaric, is He some gladiator who views us all as ants easily squashed and is laughing at us, thinking it is funny watching us devour one another?” Then I’m crying because that is not who I think God is. And it is not the God I wanted my family to know. it comes in from all sides, Like a pressure pot. At first I’m thinking it is the persecution He speaks of but then I’m seeing maybe all being said to me and about me is the truth and I am a major hypocrite. it has made me want to put up the word and walk away from it all. Not because of God but all the verses and how I take them and use them to my advantage, for example how anytime someone says something I don’t like and it cuts deep then I can twist it in my head to where I come out superior convinced “it is persecution. I’m being persecuted for God.” I’m sorry that is a lot of “I” and “me” but that is where I am at right now...shutting others out and calling it mercy.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul this was not to me. I’m sorry to interrupt but you have good points. I’m aware you and I don’t agree all the time. There are lots of times I don’t agree with others. But mostly I’m seeking if I’m in agreement with God. Not to drag @David Taylor through the mud because he is not alone as I’m with him. didn’t start this thread to pick on any other members because I’m struggling here also. Sounds ugly but I got into a big argument with my daughter the other day. She started crying and saying how I don’t think she is listening when I talk about God but she is. And for years she has been holding it in that I speak of God as merciful but judge others differently. A lot of hurt. She knows they have hurt our family but says I’m a hypocrite for not giving the forgiveness I go on and on about all the time. She said all of what she sees all the time knowing I’ve been in His word for years and still am where I am, makes her never want to read His word or know God. She was crying hard and saying “is God barbaric, is He some gladiator who views us all as ants easily squashed and is laughing at us, thinking it is funny watching us devour one another?” Then I’m crying because that is not who I think God is. And it is not the God I wanted my family to know. it comes in from all sides, Like a pressure pot. At first I’m thinking it is the persecution He speaks of but then I’m seeing maybe all being said to me and about me is the truth and I am a major hypocrite. it has made me want to put up the word and walk away from it all. Not because of God but all the verses and how I take them and use them to my advantage, for example how anytime someone says something I don’t like and it cuts deep then I can twist it in my head to where I come out superior convinced “it is persecution. I’m being persecuted for God.” I’m sorry that is a lot of “I” and “me” but that is where I am at right now...shutting others out and calling it mercy.
It is always a good thing when we can judge ourselves before pointing the finger at others...it is very clear that the Holy Spirit is purging your heart and removing all the dross...preparing you for a deeper walk with Christ...letting your faith be tried by fire....
Thank you for your humbleness it is how we should all be.
God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 12:14-21 King James Version (KJV)
14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not....

Galatians 3:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

This is kinda how I see it.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Many people who claim "preacher" as their profession, don't appear to care a whit (iota) about helping others. It seems all they want is for others to listen to their speeches, and to accept what they decide to tell them.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen sister...you are echoing what many of us a thinking....
Pretty sad testimony ...and I for one am praying along with you.
Some people need rescuing , even those who believe that they have 'arrived' and are ahead.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people who claim "preacher" as their profession, don't care a whit (iota) about helping others. It seems all they want is for others to listen to their speeches, and to accept what they decide to tell them.
Scripture has a lot to say about preachers...I am not sure I would want to have that responsibility....but God equips those He calls for such positions.