Dancing Methodist Worship Service

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Mantis
I myself do like the traditional hymns with Biblical content.

So do you like Christian hard rock? some ppl find that Biblical lyrics to hard rock can be very forceful an impression.
i like a mix of old and less old but I'm not keen to have for the sake of it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl It's interesting that among Christians who might believe much the same thing, tastes in music, art, bodyart, jewelry, etc. might differ rather widely.
Well we are all unique with our unique tastes and personalities.

Reactions: farouk

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, fascinating stuff-
"And this shall be a sign unto thee from the Lord, that the Lord will do this thing that he hath spoken;
Behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.
(Isaiah 38:7-8 KJV)

I wonder if God either physically moved the sun backward, or reversed the rotation of the earth?
And I wonder if ancient astronomers (Chinese or Sumerian perhaps) noticed it and left written records somewhere?

As far as I know, this miracle was why the Babylonian envoys visited Hezekiah and inquired about his condition because of the miraculous healing and the astronomical event associated with it. They would have experienced the same astronomical phenomenon and thus heard the story as to why it happened. Of course Hezekiah got too friendly with them and showed them all his wealth which did not go over well with Isaiah. As to what happened in space, I'm not really sure. Sometimes I think there are other passerby bodies that play around with the solar system. God can play a little pinball at times to accomplish this all the while conserving His Law of angular momentum-- reminds me of a gravitational sling shot of satellites. BTW, although sundials are ancient, this is the first historically recorded case of a sundial. Since the ancients did not know of a polar axis, they were more crude or "step" style dials. However, they also used hemispherical with a nodus (point) in the middle to trace a solar path (like an inverted image). If one studies the path, a modern sundial can be deduced from it even if they did not know why it worked that way. Not sure why they did not figure this out ages ago.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...sundial..As to what happened in space, I'm not really sure...

Unless it was just a God-created illusion, which begs the question- What is reality?
(But that's a question for some other thread)
How about it Baron?

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless it was just a God-created illusion, which begs the question- What is reality?
How about it Baron?

How about it Baron?

How about it Baron?

LOL. I never thought of that. Maybe. Red pill or blue? LOL

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, don't believe your eyes. It looks like I quoted you 3 times. LOL