Dangers of statins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting video.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter is park interpreter/assistant superintendent at Prairie Grove battlefield state park in Arkansas. One of the attractions there that she's involved in is the pioneer medicine and wildcrafting - basically old time home remedies.

Have any of you ever had coal oil and sugar? A remedy for croup. I was about two or three when I was introduced to it. That's 70 years more or less and I can still taste it! Whoa! Whatever you have will be forgotten with a mere spoonful of this!

I still take soda water for gout and acid reflux. One reason southerners depended on moonshine alcohol is that it was basis for many concoctions. Some good, many bad, many indifferent. Native Americans had many effective treatments but all our forefathers could do was try and exterminate them. Sad..

My father got blood poisoning when he was a teenager. He said he scratched his arm, elbow, on a nail in the barn. His arm swelled greatly and turned black a blue. They packed him in a tub with ice for the swelling and fever. Penicillin was not yet discovered and no medicine was available. God saved him is the only answer. He had a huge scar to remember it by.

His own two sons, me and Jimmy, were saved by God and penicillin when we came down with typhoid fever at the same time. Jimmy was one and I was three and a half.

Mama talked of an old time preacher that could be seen night or day walking the streets and roads of Bonham, Texas, going to minister to someone. He came up to the hospital and prayed for these two helpless little boys. God heard. We're both still here praise God.

God placed doctors and medicines here. My own family doctor was quick to say yes when asked if I could pray for him. God and a Christian doctor is a good combination!

Reactions: Helen