Daniel's (Little Horn) Abomination In Desolation, A (Future) Event Unfulfilled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I suppose if you’re looking at the ‘cloud’ as a symbolic representation of God’s ‘other-ness’ this would hold. And what I mean by that is…God is often revealed ‘in cloud’ or with clouds. It’s as if the cloud hides the divinity from us, those who would perish in his presence. Thus, in that very real sense we are separated from God, and the clouds represent that separation.
Is…that more what you’re talking of?
“This, in that very real sense we are separated from God, and the clouds represent that separation.” You asked: Is…that more what you’re talking of? Yes. Job 26:8-14 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them. [9] He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it. [10] He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end. [11] The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof. [12] He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud. [13] By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. [14] Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
But the motive was to possibly share encouragement on His ascending and entering in the cloud and the cloud received Him…Hebrews 6:19-20 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; [20] Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Yet, Our Being no longer separated by Him who entered in. No longer; He will not hear prayers Lamentations 3:43-44 Thou hast covered with anger, and persecuted us: thou hast slain, thou hast not pitied. [44] Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.

You asked what is the aim. It seems significant and hopeful when He was speaking to them saying: you have yet to ask anything in My name…ask and it will be given that your joy may be made full. That cloud where our prayers could not pass through, He passed and was received into and is before the throne, at the right Hand…

Hebrews 10:19-21 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, [20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; [21] And having an high priest over the house of God;
Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, [2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Revelation 7:15-17 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. [16] They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. [17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry, but I just don’t seem to understand what you’re aiming at here. It seems to me that you’re trying to find a correlation between certain words used…but I’m not sure.

no, I’m not trying to find a correlation between certain words. That is why I pointed out what (Imo) is the correlation between those passages: both speaking of the power that would come upon them in the upper room. The Spirit. Before then, even though they had witnessed His resurrection, talked with Him, walked with Him…they were still all hiding until the Spirit. A little while and you see me not. Then a little while, again you will see me. John 14:25-26 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. [26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I do agree it could be He was speaking of right after His resurrection they would see Him…but to be honest I question that maybe He meant more like Revelation 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Because we say it is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in his own power…Acts 1:6-9 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? [7] And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. [8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. [9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

but we end there with “which the Father has put in his own power” and neglect “but you shall receive power, after the Holy Spirit comes upon you” John 16:12-13 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. [13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
What prevails is the Wwword of GOD. The Word is GOD.

The LORD is at door.

Luke 13:v.24-25
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the Master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, ...

Matthew 25:5 to 12
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet Him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

The world of Devil is already being severely punished in this current time by the wrath of GOD according prophecies-the Word is GOD-, but it is only starting, the worst is to come in very near future, and what the mankind is not knowing is that the punishments will be eternal, they will be without end, and they are for ever and ever; Actually, the devil's world is already in death agony. The current DECADE -2020 to 2030- is the last decade of the Devil's world, by the way, the last week of Daniel 9:v.27 is within this current and last decade.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“This, in that very real sense we are separated from God, and the clouds represent that separation.” You asked: Is…that more what you’re talking of? Yes. Job 26:8-14 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them. [9] He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it. [10] He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end. [11] The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof. [12] He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud. [13] By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. [14] Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
But the motive was to possibly share encouragement on His ascending and entering in the cloud and the cloud received Him…Hebrews 6:19-20 Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; [20] Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Yet, Our Being no longer separated by Him who entered in. No longer; He will not hear prayers Lamentations 3:43-44 Thou hast covered with anger, and persecuted us: thou hast slain, thou hast not pitied. [44] Thou hast covered thyself with a cloud, that our prayer should not pass through.

You asked what is the aim. It seems significant and hopeful when He was speaking to them saying: you have yet to ask anything in My name…ask and it will be given that your joy may be made full. That cloud where our prayers could not pass through, He passed and was received into and is before the throne, at the right Hand…

Hebrews 10:19-21 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, [20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; [21] And having an high priest over the house of God;
Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, [2] Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Revelation 7:15-17 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. [16] They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. [17] For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Hi…sorry its taken me some time to get back to you.
I follow you more now, thank you. And yes, i would say I agree…it is most encouraging! How blessed we are to live after Christ, having access in him!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus