Day of the Lord - Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My point is that there isn't any scripture that I'm aware of that supports the Revelation Millennium doctrine.
I provided the proof in #175.
The whole 7000 years Plan of God for mankind, is also proved by the exact time periods as given for the Patriarchs and the Kings of Judah, which add to 2000 years; Adam to Abram, 2000 years Abraham to Jesus. Now 1991 years since Jesus. His Return will be at the 6000th years since Adam, then comes the final thousand years of righteous rule by King Jesus. As Revelation 20:1-7 says; six times.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keraz
As much as you, and many others, would desperately like to believe that this post (#175) PROVES the Day-Age theory, it doesn't even come close. Not ONE of the verses you posted therein says anything about a thousand year period after Christ's return. And NONE of them state that a day equals a thousand years.

Hosea 6:2 prophesies the 2000 year Christian age, our revival, then the 1000 years when we will live in His sight.
The formula for a day in heaven, being the equal to 1000 years earth time, is in: Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8

There is also the prophecy of Jesus in Luke 13:32, where He says: Today and tomorrow I shall be working...and the next day I shall come into My reward.
He then says: Nevertheless, [notwithstanding, or in spite of this...] I must go on today and tomorrow and the following day, for I must perish in Jerusalem. Luke 13:33
Jesus is NOT talking about the same time periods in both of these verses. If people like to think that; they make Him to be rather confused and unnecessarily repetitive.
No; He Prophesied in verse 32, how He will work for the Christian age of 2000 years. Now at 1991 years since He said that. Jesus does answer prayers, He does cure some people, He does appear to those who cry out to Him, etc.

The 'next day' is Gods reward to Jesus for His sacrifice, His reign over the world for the next thousand years, Psalms 2:7-9 Revelation 20:1-7 backs these scriptures up!
The AMill belief is illogical and unscriptural. It is a lie that denies Jesus His reward.

If there was a single verse located anywhere in scripture, outside of Revelation, that supported Rev. 20, it would be very easy to post it, by itself, to bring this matter to a close.

There is not.

And you cannot.

On the other hand, there are many verses to support the opposing view.

Therefore, you stand corrected.

Reactions: Truth7t7

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timtofly said:
God is giving you a literal time frame, and you choose to ignore it, to make up your own ideology.
GEN2REV" said:
1,000 years in Revelation 20.
1. Revelation is not literal. It is symbolic and spiritual ... per ... Revelation.
2. I'm citing a scriptural concept found in 4-5 different books of scripture, that are NOT Revelation, and from multiple chapters and verses from each.
3. You are making up your ideology based on ONE highly symbolic, spiritually prophetic book, and from a single chapter therein - with zero other support from any other books in the entire Bible.

The scripturally sound doctrine wins.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You are making up your ideology based on ONE highly symbolic, spiritually prophetic book, and from a single chapter therein - with zero other support from any other books in the entire Bible.
Only a person with another agenda than what the Bible actually says, would make a statement like this.
Your failure to even comment on my post #175, shows just how intransigent you are.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keraz
As much as you, and many others, would desperately like to believe that this post (#175) PROVES the Day-Age theory, it doesn't even come close. Not ONE of the verses you posted therein says anything about a thousand year period after Christ's return. And NONE of them state that a day equals a thousand years.

If there was a single verse located anywhere in scripture, outside of Revelation, that supported Rev. 20, it would be very easy to post it, by itself, to bring this matter to a close.

There is not.

And you cannot.

Exactly Correct!

Millennialist use Revelation 20:1-6 (Thousand Years) where the events seen are 100% in the Lords eternal realm of "No Literal Time" one day is a thousand years

Then these Millennialist jump off into the Old Testament using the (Eternal Kingdom) seen and claim it's their Millennial Kingdom on this earth for 1,000 years

No different than Dispensationalism's teaching in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 showing the Lords second coming and the last day resurrection, and they claim it's a pre-trib rapture

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Keraz

There is not.

And you cannot.

There is not one single verse that declares the time between the Cross and the Second Coming is 2000 years. So the intra-Advent period did not exist either. Your time is only true in looking back on history. The future is not history yet, so you cannot declare God's Word void of a time frame. No one stipulated in Scripture about the time for the fulness of the Gentiles. Yet John did declare a 1000 year period after the Second Coming. That 1000 year period was not between the Cross and the Second Coming. History already proved you wrong on that account. The 1000 year period was never said to be the fulness of the Gentiles.

Reactions: Keraz

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Revelation is not literal. It is symbolic and spiritual ... per ... Revelation.
2. I'm citing a scriptural concept found in 4-5 different books of scripture, that are NOT Revelation, and from multiple chapters and verses from each.
3. You are making up your ideology based on ONE highly symbolic, spiritually prophetic book, and from a single chapter therein - with zero other support from any other books in the entire Bible.

The scripturally sound doctrine wins.
No you are building your case based on the point no one can build a case. That is circular in reasoning. 1000 years is not highly symbolic. It is specific and literal. Your excuse is nonsense. Next you are going to tell me there was not 483 years between Daniel and the birth of Jesus, because Daniel is too symbolic.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Next you are going to tell me there was not 483 years between Daniel and the birth of Jesus, because Daniel is too symbolic.
I already addressed that when I said that Revelation is the only book that claims itself to be about visions and symbolism, and the only prophet anywhere in scripture that stated "I was in the spirit..."

Daniel does not do this anywhere, neither do any of the other prophets.

Again, if you want to take Revelation literally, address Revelation 10:6. It fully contradicts chapter 20 if taken literally.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already addressed that when I said that Revelation is the only book that claims itself to be about visions and symbolism, and the only prophet anywhere in scripture that stated "I was in the spirit..."

Daniel does not do this anywhere, neither do any of the other prophets.

Again, if you want to take Revelation literally, address Revelation 10:6. It fully contradicts chapter 20 if taken literally.
"and sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created the heaven and the things that are therein, and the earth and the things that are therein, and the sea and the things that are therein, that there shall be delay no longer:"

That is referring to the end of Daniel's 70th week. Time is up and the promises to Israel will be granted during the 1,000 year reign of Christ the Prince.