Day of the Lord - Introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think Jesus Returns to destroy the world, you are in total contradiction to the actual descriptions of the Return given in Revelation 19:11-21, Matthew 24:30-31, Zechariah 14:3-11.
If I post scripture that states when/how something will happen, I'm not in contradiction with scripture.
GEN2REV said:
There's only one Great Trib, Keraz.
Keraz said:
Yes, and the Sixth Seal is not part of it.
That worldwide disaster will happen several years before the GT, which commences 3 1/2 years before the Return.
Nope, nope, nope. You're up to your old tricks again.
Pay close attention:
Matthew 24:29
-Immediately After Great Trib
-*Sun darkened
-*Moon darkened/light changed
-*Stars fall from heaven
Revelation 6:12-13
-SIXTH SEAL is opened!
(AFTER GREAT TRIB)
-Great Earthquake
-*Sun darkened
-*Moon darkened/light changed to "as blood" color
-*Stars fall from heaven

These very specific events will not happen at two different points in history, Keraz. They happen only once and they happen AFTER the Great Tribulation - just exactly as scripture says they do.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 24:29
-Immediately After Great Trib
-*Sun darkened
-*Moon darkened/light changed
-*Stars fall from heaven
Revelation 6:12-13
-SIXTH SEAL is opened!
(AFTER GREAT TRIB)
-Great Earthquake
-*Sun darkened
-*Moon darkened/light changed to "as blood" color
-*Stars fall from heaven

These very specific events will not happen at two different points in history, Keraz. They happen only once and they happen AFTER the Great Tribulation - just exactly as scripture says they do.
But they ARE 2 different events.
Earthquakes are prophesied for many occasions. They are a common occurrence.
Sun darkened; many ways this can happen. It happened in Egypt at the Exodus.
Moon blood red at the Sixth Seal is quite different from it being darkened at the Return.
Stars; meteors showers are common.

So two things: the moon totally different effects and the worst error you make of shuffling Revelation, shifting the SS from Rev 6 to Rev 19.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moon blood red at the Sixth Seal is quite different from it being darkened at the Return.

So two things: the moon totally different effects and the worst error you make of shuffling Revelation, shifting the SS from Rev 6 to Rev 19.
You crack me up, Keraz.

No matter WHAT proof is presented to you, you will STILL deny it with all manner of nonsense.

No, the stars will not fall from heaven on multiple occasions. The Bible says absolutely NOTHING about meteor showers. The fact that the specific events described to take place after the 6th Seal is opened match exactly with Matthew 24:29 ... is NOT a coincidence. That is exactly how the Bible supports itself and defines its claims and teachings. That's HOW you put it all together to understand what it is saying. That's how scripture "lines up."

That's like claiming that the 4 different Gospel accounts are describing 4 different Messiahs at different times in history; saying and doing similar things, but totally different people.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
GEN2REV;
You crack the Lord up, with all of your nonsense. 1 Corinthians 3:18-20
None of the 100 + prophesies about the Lord's sudden and shocking Day of fiery wrath, have any relation to what we are told will happen on the Day Jesus Returns.
They are placed separately in Revelation. Making them the same event, is error and confusion.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Was not this prophecy given “in the spirit”? Why are you looking for literal examples like stars falling, earthquakes and such? Is the dragon real? A literal key to the pit real? Locusts real? The 144k literal Jews that are literal virgins?

Reactions: APAK

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV;
None of the 100 + prophesies about the Lord's sudden and shocking Day of fiery wrath, have any relation to what we are told will happen on the Day Jesus Returns.
They are placed separately in Revelation. Making them the same event, is error and confusion.
If the Bible presents information, anywhere in scripture - from Genesis to Revelation, that contradicts a position based on passages contained elsewhere in scripture, then the arrived-upon conclusion must be reconsidered. The Bible doesn't contradict itself.

All the verses I've presented, and even some that you have, coincide with Christ's return happening on the same day as the final Wrath of God. Identical signature events, identical day.

Can't wrestle these things and win. It's scripture. It's unbreakable. John 10:35

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Bible presents information, anywhere in scripture - from Genesis to Revelation, that contradicts a position based on passages contained elsewhere in scripture, then the arrived-upon conclusion must be reconsidered. The Bible doesn't contradict itself.

All the verses I've presented, and even some that you have, coincide with Christ's return happening on the same day as the final Wrath of God. Identical signature events, identical day.

Can't wrestle these things and win. It's scripture. It's unbreakable. John 10:35
Doesnt this sum it up in 2Thess 1?

7And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Reactions: GEN2REV

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
Yep. That's the day.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Was not this prophecy given “in the spirit”? Why are you looking for literal examples like stars falling, earthquakes and such? Is the dragon real? A literal key to the pit real? Locusts real? The 144k literal Jews that are literal virgins?
We have brains and can discern between allegories and reality.
Most often the Bible itself explains the allegories. The 'dragon' is just another name for Satan. The Key to the pit, or hell, is a real way of access and control over that place. Locusts can be real, or allegorical for the devastation of the land. The 144,000 are not just Jews, they comprise only 2/12ths of all Israel. They will be Spiritual virgins, unpolluted by false beliefs.
But 'stars'; meteors falling, and earthquakes are natural events, used sometimes as signs of the Lords wrath and Judgment.
I have already proved you wrong. In no way does Jesus destroy that which He has come to rule over.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 is a prophecy about the terrible Day the Lord destroys His enemies; the Sixth Seal event.
After that Day, He will be revealed to His faithful People, as they get ready to migrate to the holy land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalms 107, +
This is at least 10 years before the glorious Return.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already proved you wrong. In no way does Jesus destroy that which He has come to rule over.
Not hardly.

Can you present any scripture that shows Jesus comes to rule over sinners? Because that's who He's destroying upon His return.
Isaiah 13:9
Is it the tribes of the earth that He comes to rule over? Because they don't seem too excited about it.
Matthew 24:30
Is it them that know not God and obey not the Gospel that He comes to rule? They're not looking too good either.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
Is it the kings of the earth, the great men, rich men, chief captains, mighty men, bondmen or free men he's coming to rule?
Revelation 6:15-17

All these folks are getting scrubbed upon Jesus' return.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not hardly.

Can you present any scripture that shows Jesus comes to rule over sinners? Because that's who He's destroying upon His return.
Isaiah 13:9
Is it the tribes of the earth that He comes to rule over? Because they don't seem too excited about it.
Matthew 24:30
Is it them that know not God and obey not the Gospel that He comes to rule? They're not looking too good either.
2 Thessalonians 1:7-9
Is it the kings of the earth, the great men, rich men, chief captains, mighty men, bondmen or free men he's coming to rule?
Revelation 6:15-17

All these folks are getting scrubbed upon Jesus' return.
That all sinners will be gone at or before Jesus Returns, I agree with.
But what I reject is the total destruction of the world. How it will be during the Millennium is explained in Isaiah 65:18-25
Only after the Millennium will the new heavens and earth come. Revelation 21:1-7

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 is a prophecy about the terrible Day the Lord destroys His enemies; the Sixth Seal event.
After that Day, He will be revealed to His faithful People, as they get ready to migrate to the holy land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Psalms 107, +
This is at least 10 years before the glorious Return.
Sorry, but I do not agree with this comment.

I agree that it deals with the Day of the Lord. But IMHO not the 6th seal. Christ rises at the 6th seal for judgment, his Orge to answer the martyrs request. But his thumos is saved for his return setting up his kingdom. That poured out wrath is the bowls when he comes in flaming fire. There are too many reasons for this to list here.

Obviously, you have formed your own opinion which you may say is not an opinion, but is scriptural or it’s from God. I could say the same. Either way, I appreciate your previous response even if we disagree.

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the day of the Lord?

Hi all,
I just posted a new video on the subject. Please view my video and let me know what you think.

Title: DOL 01 Day of the Lord Introduction
I think you made a heart felt noble effort there. I appreciate your posting this.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That all sinners will be gone at or before Jesus Returns, I agree with.
Why would they be gone before Jesus returns? The sinners will embrace the Beast system and be allowed to live lavishly in the world. Why would they be gone?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why would they be gone before Jesus returns? The sinners will embrace the Beast system and be allowed to live lavishly in the world. Why would they be gone?
The Sixth Seal event will kill the Muslims, the Gog attack will kill huge numbers from the North. Then the Great Tribulation will kill the rest of the ungodly peoples, culminating with Armageddon. Revelation 16:13-21
Only righteous, faithful Christian peoples will go into the Millennium with Jesus.

It is only after the Millennium, when Satan is released, that some people will again fall for his deceit and will attack Jesus. They will be instantly cremated. Revelation 20:7-9

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV;
Your claim is false, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You crack me up, Keraz.

No matter WHAT proof is presented to you, you will STILL deny it with all manner of nonsense.

No, the stars will not fall from heaven on multiple occasions. The Bible says absolutely NOTHING about meteor showers. The fact that the specific events described to take place after the 6th Seal is opened match exactly with Matthew 24:29 ... is NOT a coincidence. That is exactly how the Bible supports itself and defines its claims and teachings. That's HOW you put it all together to understand what it is saying. That's how scripture "lines up."

That's like claiming that the 4 different Gospel accounts are describing 4 different Messiahs at different times in history; saying and doing similar things, but totally different people.
Your observation is 100% correct, I agree!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

Reactions: GEN2REV

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....The Jews had a seven day week prefigured by the creative "days" which were not 24 hour days because each one was "evening to morning"....not "evening to evening" as the Jewish literal days were.
The humor does not mask the insults.
The Jewish day begins and ends at sundown, your claim it's from evening to morning is "error"

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only righteous, faithful Christian peoples will go into the Millennium with Jesus.

It is only after the Millennium, when Satan is released, that some people will again fall for his deceit and will attack Jesus. They will be instantly cremated. Revelation 20:7-9
I'd take a second look at Matthew 13:41-43,

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.

The tares are the wicked here. They are gathered and burned IN his kingdom. If it is IN his kingdom, Christ is reigning (When the Kingdom of this world becomes the Kingdom of Christ and he begins to reign at the "7th Trumpet".) If he is gathering out of his Kingdom, when his glorious epiphania happens, sinners exist in the world. They exist when his kingdom comes. Rev 11:15-19; Rev 19:6-20; and Rev 15 all point to Matthew 13:41-43

The description of a "furnace of fire" to the tares is found within the kingdom, not before it comes to fruition. And definitely not before Jesus returns.

Are you telling me you believe this happens after the millennial kingdom is established and Christ reigns for 1k years? If that were true, you'd have to explain Christ own words that he refers to this time as the end of the age, and that he is referring to the harvest where the good seed has just matured. The beginning of the kingdom.

Last edited: