Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thinking about Calvinism, I have considered that, based on 1 Corinthians 13:8 and Revelation 19:6, the doctrine of Irresistible Grace is very likely true.

If it is true, then there are two options:

1) Limited Atonement

2) Universalism

Limited Atonement isn't true because Jesus died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2) and gave Himself as a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:6)

Universalism isn't true because there is a very real hell that people go to (Matthew 13:41-42, Matthew 13:49-50, Matthew 25:46).

So, in asking my wife what she thought of these things, she told me (and I agree) that the only solution is that God gives everyone a choice in the matter as to whether they will receive or reject the salvation that Christ offers.

What then of Irresistible Grace?

The answer is that love never fails to give every man a choice in the matter...and that God, in his Omnipotence, does not force anyone to believe in or follow Him but gives everyone a choice.

Just my two cents.

From what I've heard, "Irresistible Grace" is just that - irresistible. You have no choice in the matter. That is why Calvinists do not believe in free-will.

What you believe it seems is in free will and that God draws all men, giving them a choice. That is not the irresistible grace of Calvinism.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I've heard, "Irresistible Grace" is just that - irresistible. You have no choice in the matter. That is why Calvinists do not believe in free-will.

What you believe it seems is in free will and that God draws all men, giving them a choice. That is not the irresistible grace of Calvinism.
Amen. No, I do not believe in the Irresistible Grace of Calvinism.

I started with that doctrine and proved it to be false by logical means.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the Bible means what it says and you must be born again. Being exposed to the gospel does nothing but increase culpability, receiving the gospel as true and Jesus as Lord is everything.

Congratulations on rediscovering for yourself one of the most fundamental doctrines in scripture. People hate it because it makes them powerless to accomplish their own salvation and leaves election in God's hands. It nullifies religious works for self righteousness and destroys the artificial separation between priesthood and laity.
Don't expect anything but contradiction from the worldly and the religious. Self righteousness has nothing to stand on but works and if those works are dead and meaningless, so is all the time spent trying to earn God's favor through them. A correct understanding only earns you a cross to carry, but His yoke is easy and His burden light.
Born again is derived from a confession. Your biased, and thus fail to truly comprehend God's wisdom and justice. But you try to disguise your ignorance under the veil of pseudo piety. God is sovereign, and good for you to recognize that much, but don't be so one-dimensional in your perception of God and His divine plan for Hid creatures. Take a look at the world around you, who told you that man does not have free-will, your a-priori understanding of God's sovereignty?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.

You continue to believe in a god who arbitrarily chooses out certain people to burn forever in burning sulfur and brimstone; and I will believe in the God who gives man a choice in the matter of whether he will receive or reject the salvation that is offered by Him.
I believe in the True God and you the god of your imagination. Now men by nature are spiritually dead!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1-what choice do the dead have to live ?
2-what choice does the slave have to be free ?
3-what choice does one in bondage to sin have to free themselves ?
4-what choice does one dead in sin have in doing good ?
5-what choice does the unrighteous have in being holy ?

hope this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1-what choice do the dead have to live ?
2-what choice does the slave have to be free ?
3-what choice does one in bondage to sin have to free themselves ?
4-what choice does one dead in sin have in doing good ?
5-what choice does the unrighteous have in being holy ?

hope this helps !!!

LOL, quote Calvin much???

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fallacious? I can't help it if you are stunted by your Calvinistic beliefs and arguments, and you SAY you are NOT Calvinist. Who are you trying to kid?

Just like you are a member/follower of the name it claim it group, the sinless perfectionists, those who follow the heretical teachings of hagin, copeland, osteen, johnson that are teaching the prosperity gospel, charismatic, pentecostal, faith healing, word of faith, sinless perfectionist false teachers.

hope this helps !!!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like you are a member/follower of the name it claim it group, the sinless perfectionists, those who follow the heretical teachings of hagin, copeland, osteen, johnson that are teaching the prosperity gospel, charismatic, pentecostal, faith healing, word of faith, sinless perfectionist false teachers.

hope this helps !!!

Name it and claim it is naming their will. I wait and only pray what God tells me to pray, and that is what I tell to my word of faith friends. No matter how many times I tell you the truth, you still lie about me.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name it and claim it is naming their will. I wait and only pray what God tells me to pray, and that is what I tell to my word of faith friends. No matter how many times I tell you the truth, you still lie about me.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
likewise I don't follow calvin so look into the mirror at your verse and tell us what you see.

James 1:22-25

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you don't believe what you say because you quote hinn, copelend, hagin, swaggart, crouch,Bakker etc......

Bakker? He left word of faith years ago.

I've already TOLD you time and again, that I WAIT and only pray what God tells me to pray. I am His servant. Word of Faithers make God their slave, because they don't understand about Rhemas. Do you? Or have you no faith at all?

Reactions: Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bakker? He left word of faith years ago.

I've already TOLD you time and again, that I WAIT and only pray what God tells me to pray. I am His servant. Word of Faith make God their slave, because they don't understand about Rhemas. Do you? Or have you no faith at all?
I reject the charasmatic/pentecostal faith as heretical, all your leaders I named preach holiness and are the worst sinners alive- adulters,molestors,haters, lovers of self-money etc..................

wolves in sheeps clothing

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your leaders are immoral and heretics.

I have no leaders, but God. I've told you that too. You obviously don't like some of His Word. I love all of it.

39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no leaders, but God. I've told you that too. You obviously don't like some of His Word. I love all of it.

39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
I have no leaders so why do you LIE about me ?