Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it does and it is basic grammar 101.

Mark 1
John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

Who are the " THEY " in red above ?
The people of Jerusalem; not "all" the people of Jerusalem.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people of Jerusalem; not "all" the people of Jerusalem.
no it say ALL the people of Jerusalem

Mark 1
John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbiblical statement

Perhaps; but it is still a valid statement.

Allow me to give you a biblical statement: Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your heart as in the provocation.

And vice versa, they accompany one another.

Not vice verse. A man is not saved apart from repentance; therefore salvation does not come before repentance.

If that is the case a man can be saved without repentance and therefore repentance isn't necessary.

That is a doctrine of devils.

False, the drawn are already saved by the Holy Spirits work in them. Thats what Paul means about the beginning of His Good work in an individual Phil 2 13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

God working in you to will according to His good pleasure does not preclude salvation.

There is a pre-salvation working of the Holy Spirit where a man is drawn to Christ and given the opportunity, unhindered by the demonic or else the fact that he is born dead in trespasses and sins, to receive Christ.

So because he disagrees with your POV he is not saved ?

Actually, what I am saying by this is that if he isn't saved, Calvinistic theology may lead him to sit and wait for God to save him rather than take the necessary step of repenting from his sins. If he waits too long, thinking that god has to do it all, he will not be saved. This applies to all who trust in Calvinistic theology if they be not saved.

So no, I am not specifically judging his salvation; I am merely saying that his doctrine will not lead him to salvation if he is not yet saved. For I know of people who have been saved and then been deceived by Calvinism; and they did nto lose their salvation. But those who turn to Calvinism thinking that they are saved because they believe in it are badly deceived.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no it say ALL the people of Jerusalem

Mark 1

I think that we will have to agree to disagree here.

I believe that sentence structure allows for the concept that it was the people of Jerusalem who were being baptized; not "all" of them. If you were willing to reject your Calvinistic bent on seeing things, you might understand that.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps; but it is still a valid statement.

Allow me to give you a biblical statement: Today if you will hear His voice, do not harden your heart as in the provocation.

Not vice verse. A man is not saved apart from repentance; therefore salvation does not come before repentance.

If that is the case a man can be saved without repentance and therefore repentance isn't necessary.

That is a doctrine of devils.

God working in you to will according to His good pleasure does not preclude salvation.

There is a pre-salvation working of the Holy Spirit where a man is drawn to Christ and given the opportunity, unhindered by the demonic or else the fact that he is born dead in trespasses and sins, to receive Christ.

Actually, what I am saying by this is that if he isn't saved, Calvinistic theology may lead him to sit and wait for God to save him rather than take the necessary step of repenting from his sins. If he waits too long, thinking that god has to do it all, he will not be saved. This applies to all who trust in Calvinistic theology if they be not saved.

So no, I am not specifically judging his salvation; I am merely saying that his doctrine will not lead him to salvation if he is not yet saved. For I know of people who have been saved and then been deceived by Calvinism; and they did nto lose their salvation. But those who turn to Calvinism thinking that they are saved because they believe in it are badly deceived.

God begins working in a individual when He draws them. The drawing is of the inward working of God, so they which are already have God in them, in other words, they have been born of the Spirit. You cant separate the drawn from the born again !

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that we will have to agree to disagree here.

I believe that sentence structure allows for the concept that it was the people of Jerusalem who were being baptized; not "all" of them. If you were willing to reject your Calvinistic bent on seeing things, you might understand that.
no bent at all just the plain truth of Scripture which you deny. All does not always mean all. which you are forced to believe now since you are denying All the people in Jerusalem was baptized by John.

You have just confirmed all does not always mean all by your own interpretation of the passage.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God begins working in a individual when He draws them. The drawing is of the inward working of God, so they which are already have God in them, in other words, they have been born of the Spirit. You cant separate the drawn from the born again !

You can separate the drawn from the born again. The drawn may not have yet made a decision to receive Christ (through which they might receive the right to become the sons of the Lord). The born again have made a decision to receive Christ (and thus have already become sons of the Lord).

What scripture do you set forth to say that those who are drawn are automatically born again?

The scripture that I set forth in support of my belief is that Jesus said, If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself; and yet not all men become born again of the Holy Spirit.

This indicates that a person can be drawn to Christ without being born again.

You have to add to that scripture, "with exception", in order to fit your theology...eisegesis.

no bent at all just the plain truth of Scripture which you deny. All does not always mean all. which you are forced to believe now since you are denying All the people in Jerusalem was baptized by John.

You have just confirmed all does not always mean all by your own interpretation of the passage.

hope this helps !!!

You are not seeing what is plainly in front of you (and I believe that this is because of your doctrinal bias)...

That in the verse in question it is not saying that all of the people in question were actually baptized of John (for it is separated by a comma), but that all of the people in question went out to John (to see what he was up to).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can separate the drawn from the born again. The drawn may not have yet made a decision to receive Christ (through which they might receive the right to become the sons of the Lord). The born again have made a decision to receive Christ (and thus have already become sons of the Lord).

What scripture do you set forth to say that those who are drawn are automatically born again?

The scripture that I set forth in support of my belief is that Jesus said, If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself; and yet not all men become born again of the Holy Spirit.

You have to add to that scripture, "with exception", in order to fit your theology...eisegesis.

You are not seeing what is plainly in front of you (and I believe that this is because of your doctrinal bias)...

That in the verse in question it is not saying that all of the people in question were actually baptized of John (for it is separated by a comma), but that all of the people in question went out to John (to see what he was up to).
it says ALL the people in Jerusalem which you are saying are not all the people and just some of the people.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're still missing the plain meaning of the passage because of your doctrinal bias.
No that would be you as I'm taking the passage in its literal sense. What determines when you do not take Gods word literally ?

What makes you believe ALL of the people in Jerusalem are only some of the people ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No you cannot sperate being born again from the drawing. They are one and the same.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you cannot sperate being born again from the drawing. They are one and the same.
Nope. We will have to agree to disagree unless you have scripture to back up your pov.

Don't wait too long to repent and give your heart to Christ.

I do believe that your doctrine may lead you to sit and wait for God to save you when He is calling you to salvation today...if you will but repent and receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have a response or are you merely going to quote my post without responding to it?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those Christ was lifted up for He gives them a new birth and they by that are drawn to him. Also being drawn to him means they become Believers in Him.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. We will have to agree to disagree unless you have scripture to back up your pov.

Don't wait too long to repent and give your heart to Christ.

I do believe that your doctrine may lead you to sit and wait for God to save you when He is calling you to salvation today...if you will but repent and receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour.
Yes. The drawn are the born again, and they will believe in Christ!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those Christ was lifted up for He gives them a new birth and they by that are drawn to him. Also being drawn to him means they become Believers in Him.
Being drawn means that they are given the ability to respond apart from the influence of the demonic or the fact that they were born dead in trespasses and sins.