Dead in Sin !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you, here, saying that repentance is not necessary for salvation?

If you are, then you have proved my point quite nicely...that Calvinistic doctrine downplays repentance

If you aren't, then what are you trying to say by these verses?
what do you have that you did not receive ?

I quoted Calvin so now you are beating a dead horse.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm beating a dead horse because you quoted Calvin? How does that follow logically?

It doesn't; it is a non-sequitur.
he taught repentance end of story.

you can twist his words all you want like you do with scripture to your own demise especially with Isaiah 53:5- the heresy taught by the word of faith healers/false teachers.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he taught repentance end of story.

you can twist his words all you want like you do with scripture to your own demise.
You can say all you want about repentance but if the rest of your doctrine downplays it, it is only empty words.

Kind of like those who say that God wants you to be holy but that sinning is inevitable in this life. They are speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

And also, please show an example of where I have twisted scripture to my own demise? Thanks.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:25
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

next...............................................

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of like those who say that God wants you to be holy but that sinning is inevitable in this life. They are speaking out of both sides of their mouth.

I don't teach that is this another one of your false accusations ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't teach that is this another one of your false accusations ?
I didn't say this regarding you...but I have heard it coming from certain pulpits.

And what do you mean, "another one"?

Where have I ever falsely accused you?

As a matter of fact I have defended you in times past.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 2:25
with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,

next...............................................
repentance unto salvation.

Not sure what your point is.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you, here, saying that repentance is not necessary for salvation?

If you are, then you have proved my point quite nicely...that Calvinistic doctrine downplays repentance

If you aren't, then what are you trying to say by these verses?
No hes not saying that and you know it. Repentance accompanies Salvation. only a saved man can repent ! A lost spiritually dead person cant do anything.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No its not, its knowing the truth ! and all men doesn't mean all men without exception.
Correct otherwise all the Pharisees, Sadducees, Romans Leaders, Gentiles and Jews were baptized by John and confessed their sins to him.

Mark 1
John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

This is what happens when one reads their doctrine into scripture and doesn't let the context determine the meaning of words/phrases used in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: brightfame52

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No its not, its knowing the truth ! and all men doesn't mean all men without exception.

I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.

Don't wait too long for the Lord to save you.

He is calling you to repent today.

No hes not saying that and you know it. Repentance accompanies Salvation. only a saved man can repent ! A lost spiritually dead person cant do anything.

Repentance is unto salvation.

A person being drawn by the Holy Spirit, while not yet saved, can repent and be saved.

Correct otherwise all the Pharisees, Sadducees, Romans Leaders, Gentiles and Jews were baptized by John and confessed their sins to him.

Mark 1
John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5 And all the country of Judea was going out to him, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.

This is what happens when one reads their doctrine into scripture and doesn't let the context determine the meaning of words/phrases used in Scripture.

hope this helps !!!

That is saying that all the country of Judea was going out to John to see what this thing was; not necessarily that all were being baptized of him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that we will have to agree to disagree.

He is calling you to repent today.

A person being drawn by the Holy Spirit, while not yet saved, can repent and be saved.

That is saying that all the country of Judea was going out to John to see what this thing was; not necessarily that all were being baptized of him.
it says ALL the people of Jerusalem so where are the exceptions in the passage to exclude pharisees, roman leaders, gentiles, saducees etc.. ??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it says ALL the people of Jerusalem so where are the exceptions in the passage to exclude pharisees, roman leaders, gentiles, saducees etc.. ??
It says that they went out to John, which we find all of these doing.

The sentence structure does not indicate that they were all baptized of him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says that they went out to John, which we find all of these doing.

The sentence structure does not indicate that they were all baptized of him.
Yes it does and it is basic grammar 101.

Mark 1

Who are the " THEY " in red above ?

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jbf

Unbiblical statement

And vice versa, they accompany one another.

False, the drawn are already saved by the Holy Spirits work in them. Thats what Paul means about the beginning of His Good work in an individual Phil 2 13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.