Dealing with a spirit of fear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know to trust God, and I am trying, but I am dealing with a spirit of fear. Can someone help me figure out how to overcome it?
Just dont believe it . You be encouraged dear sister . You are dearly loved and shall be prayed for as well .
But when the fear tries to come upon you , DONT beleive it . SEE it for what it is . And Just HOPE IN THE LORD and
praise His glorious name

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just dont believe it . You be encouraged dear sister . You are dearly loved and shall be prayed for as well .
But when the fear tries to come upon you , DONT beleive it . SEE it for what it is . And Just HOPE IN THE LORD and
praise His glorious name
This is good advice. Thank you @amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know to trust God, and I am trying, but I am dealing with a spirit of fear. Can someone help me figure out how to overcome it?

I'm already getting focused on the normal parts - diet, exercise, caffeine, etc.
Well the Catholics would direct you to seek Michael the Arch Angel:Who is Archangel Michael? Overcome Fear with The Archangel of Courage

Spirit of courage. But most importantly to trust in Jesus and God the Father. I can die terribly, but if God resurrects me and delivers me to paradise then I'm OK after the fear. I'm then afraid of suffering, and it is long or short suffering? God let it be short, that I may worship you fully. Let us praise God for his deliverance from death and hell.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am dealing with a spirit of fear. Can someone help me figure out how to overcome it?

Yes. Fear about what in particular would temper my answer here, but in general a good remedy is to apply 2 Peter 1:6-11 to your life:

6 Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the recognition of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 and so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:6-11)

The teaching was this: You begin to take on a blindness regarding what God has done for you if you do not put more and more of God into your life. But if you reinforce your faith with virtue, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, etc. you can actually SEE the Lord Jesus Christ manifesting Himself in you and through you, and this bolsters your faith that you were indeed cleansed of your sins and became a new creature in Christ the day you got baptized (which is what verse 9 is talking about).

I applied this by giving myself ever increasingly to the word, and to ministry when I served in churches, and now on the forums. The more you do for God the more it becomes evidence you can throw in the Devil's face when he comes at you, to show him the fears he is trying to place in your mind are just lies.

This is what Peter meant by "making your calling and election sure." Satan no longer has a voice when you can point to proof in your life that God has indeed done a work in you, and that that work continues to be built upon with each passing day, as you go on to "perfecting holiness in the fear of God," not the fear of man or of the Devil.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what Peter meant by "making your calling and election sure." Satan no longer has a voice when you can point to proof in your life that God has indeed done a work in you, and that work continues to be built upon with each passing day, as you go on to "perfecting holiness in the fear of God," not the fear of man or of the Devil.
I was wondering why I heard "election" about ten minutes ago and after reading this "Good advice."

Okay.

I don't know what to do about this part yet. Now I have to figure out this part.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if I sit down and write a song or if I find a worship song.

I will have to sit down and pray about it.

Anything the Lord calls you to. All of it applies:

- Worshipping God
- Writing worship songs
- Blessing people on the forums, such as through encouragement
- Praying for others
- Making things for people, i.e. giving them gifts, etc.

But one thing that is especially strong in this regard is growing in the word. This is why "knowledge" comes up so quickly in his list. The first one is "virtue," and if you study that one out, it was actually talking about enduring opposition and oppression yet remaining faithful to God. In effect, that is what you are doing when you persevere against the Devil. Every time he comes against you (through fears, attacks, thoughts on your mind, people insulting you, financial setbacks, etc), and yet remain faithful to God, you are building what he called "virtue" into your life. It was akin to what athletes did when they perfected endurance, and why James said, "Let endurance have its perfected work, that you may be whole and complete."

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been very insecure about music even though multiple prophecies and always being led in that direction. I'm shy.

But when I sing, I get insecure and scared and my voice chokes, especially if I am around people.

Last year my moms friend had a vision of me being coward down but then she had a vision of be being like big time worshipper, basically.

I can't remember how that went but that was the point.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm already getting focused on the normal parts - diet, exercise, caffeine, etc.
Allow the Lord to help you identify what is at the root of the fears. Face it head on with Him.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been very insecure about music even though multiple prophecies and always being led in that direction. I'm shy.

But when I sing, I get insecure and scared and my voice chokes, especially if I am around people.

Last year my moms friend had a vision of me being coward down but then she had a vision of be being like big time worshipper, basically.

Could this fear be coming from opposing Satan worshipers? I know you posted a few messages about this. Directly opposing Satan. Perhaps you need God's help on this issue?

Reactions: DuckieLady

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

i love music and i get insecure and scared especially when i sing. the voice is a vulnerable instrument . its part of your body. maybe there is a reason why i feel like i like you. i know in your other thread you were praying for a friend. i kind of feel like we could be friends if we met local instead :)

i think listening to music, a good sermon or someone reading scripture if you cant focus to read yourself can help and be calming. or listening to an audiobook of an uplifting book.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right now your song is just between you, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ah... Let me encourage you with some things. I know you play the lyre, but I would begin branching out. You should pick up guitar, IMO, and pray the Lord puts better and better equipment in your hands. If you have junk instruments, this will give you an inferiority complex because you don't sound very good. But if the Lord puts better equipment in your hands, and sets a microphone up for you well, you'd be surprised how much that alone can change your impression of yourself. Your volume goes up, your voice sounds fuller with some chorus and reverb behind it, same with the instruments, and then you start to gain some confidence. Eventually you have other musicians working with you, and the better the quality of those worshipping with you, the more this builds confidence as well.

Everything builds on itself... I think prayer may be the biggest thing right now. Give yourself to really seeking God, and let Him write through you now, but continually seek Him for empowerment and better equipment along the way. I know you don't have a ton of money atm, but all things are possible with God, and you'd be amazed how much better you can sound with a $1,300 guitar as compared to some cheap thing they sell at Walmart for $69.00.

Also consider taking up keyboard, and try maybe hanging out with some Christian musicians who are using mics and a full PA system. Ask them to let you sit in on a song you know how to sing, so you can get experience knowing what it is like singing through a mic (and I mean a good one that's set well).

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don’t know what you are afraid of but it can’t be worse than getting mauled and ate by a grizzly bear. That is my fear lol. And anything short of that is not too scary. I have learned that besides grizzly bears, the only thing I should fear my Lord. Or maybe the rejection of him. Which is totally illogical because he does not reject us, we reject him.

I think you just have to trust him. I am at a place in my life where he has closed doors of income. I could end up homeless but I am putting my trust in him that he won’t let that happen. He has you in his hand. Don’t forget that. And if you have to experience some bad remember it’s just temporary!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the Catholics would direct you to seek Michael the Arch Angel:Who is Archangel Michael? Overcome Fear with The Archangel of Courage

Spirit of courage. But most importantly to trust in Jesus and God the Father. I can die terribly, but if God resurrects me and delivers me to paradise then I'm OK after the fear. I'm then afraid of suffering, and it is long or short suffering? God let it be short, that I may worship you fully. Let us praise God for his deliverance from death and hell.
Let no man beguile you of your reward in worshipping of angels . yeah , i would not heed the catholics my friend .
ALL WE NEED IS JESUS .