'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and read my previous posts where I laid out exactly what Apostle Paul taught about the spiritual body.
Almost no one, maybe no one, does that.

If it is not posted again, with Scripture Texts included that confirm it is not contrary to Scripture,
it is not likely anyone will bother to look.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who did not receive Everlasting Life through Christ the Ï-AM The Life and the Resurrection IN THIS LIFE <<their fleshly life>>, CANNOT live on after EXCEPT in FULL consciousness when they shall receive their reward, the reward of sin, death.

STOP TWISTING THE SCRIPTURES; you're not smart, but act and seem like dense.
Stop adding your false words to what I say.
Do repost what I said separately, and then your reply separately.
Your sentence structure is mass confusion.
Thanks, EB

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your 2nd statement, not really. Christ's flesh body was 'transfigured' to the heavenly body state, which is why He could suddenly appear amid His disciples and then suddenly disappear again, not walking in through the door. A flesh body has to walk in through the door.
Where did I disagree that Jesus, the Firstborn NEW creature from the dead, did not have the ability to be both flesh and bone, and then at will, be Spirit?
He is the First God/man, and we who are of faith in Him, are to follow Him in the power of His resurrection and shall be resurrected into His likeness of His immortality.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God (the Father and Jesus , echad, one) IS SPIRIT.

Jesus' body does not change that for a moment even...

Jesus IS SPIRIT, so He remains with all of His disciples , never abandoning us, never leaving us helpless nor as orphans ...

His body ? Is His body, and who can comprehend this ? Who is able to understand the things of God ?

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' contrast is easy and simple. Yours is not, which is a sign of either not having understanding in the Scripture, or wanting to toy with the Scripture and change it.

Matthew 10:28 is proof that our 'soul' part cannot be killed by any man, that only God can destroy it. It's as simple as that.

And that simplicity means that our 'soul' part does NOT die at flesh death, but continues.
Isn't that an assumption on your part? Jesus doesn't explicitly say that our soul continues after death.

Have you ever read, "Into your hands I commend my spirit"? Neither the soul or the body continues after death, which is why both Jesus and Stephan prayed this prayer.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have already shown lack of understanding about the simple matter of spirit, and the spiritual body Apostle Paul taught being a body of the heavenly, not of flesh. All one need do is read your previous posts here. All you do is confuse... the idea, and it's simply because you really don't understand the heavenly dimension and the resurrection, nor even the meaning of Adam being made a "living soul" involving the spiritual body with soul in contrast to flesh.
Your remarks are laced with assumptions and accusations, neither of which are true. Don't expect me to agree with your unproven assertions or even consider them while being attacked.

And that you would compare this with pagan Greek philosophy, when it is actually written Scripture, just shows all the more your lack of understanding on the matter, and instead your desire to follow men's doctrines outside the Scriptures, the very thing you falsely accuse me of!!!
So far, you haven't proven your point with scripture.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians
Study Bible
The Resurrection Body
…43It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power. 44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being;” the last Adam a life-giving spirit.…
Berean Study Bible · Download

Cross References
1 Corinthians 2:14
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Now I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God (the Father and Jesus , echad, one) IS SPIRIT.

Jesus' body does not change that for a moment even...

Jesus IS SPIRIT, so He remains with all of His disciples , never abandoning us, never leaving us helpless nor as orphans ...

His body ? Is His body, and who can comprehend this ? Who is able to understand the things of God ?
"THIS JESUS WHOM YE CRUCIFIED GOD RAISED" So a.t.y. they crucified <SPIRIT>. Read 2John 7.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Where did I disagree that Jesus, the Firstborn NEW creature from the dead, did not have the ability to be both flesh and bone, and then at will, be Spirit?
He is the First God/man, and we who are of faith in Him, are to follow Him in the power of His resurrection and shall be resurrected into His likeness of His immortality.

You cunning fox! Where do you disagree that Jesus, the Firstborn NEW creature from the dead, did not have the ability to be both flesh and bone, and then at will, be Spirit?

RIGHT HERE! And you KNOW it; you KNOW that you claim - falsely - that <flesh and bone> excludes blood, you liar!
You may be <of faith in Him> your bloodless dreamt up saviour - NOT I.

And NO ONE EVER, will be <<resurrected into His likeness of His immortality>> "Who alone has immortality" as it is written.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get those earcreepers out your ears! Did I say <<"lived in the grave">>? I think you're LYING!
You posted
GerhardEbersoehn, post: 796578, member: 6111"]News for Earbluster, <Hell is the grave> from which into which again, the wicked shall be raised; now they're dead in it; then they'll live in *it.

*Note: the grave

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cunning fox! Where do you disagree that Jesus, the Firstborn NEW creature from the dead, did not have the ability to be both flesh and bone, and then at will, be Spirit?

RIGHT HERE! And you KNOW it; you KNOW that you claim - falsely - that <flesh and bone> excludes blood, you liar!

And NO ONE EVER, will be <<resurrected into His likeness of His immortality>> "Who alone has immortality" as it is written.
Please STOP connecting your false words with my words! Please learn how to correctly reply to a post. Your replies are mass confusion.
Thanks, EB

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since "flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG", you are saying that Jesus is NOT in the KoG.
But, since that is not the case for Him, it is evident that you will have to change your false understanding, and agree that Jesus has NO blood within Him.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You posted
GerhardEbersoehn, post: 796578, member: 6111"]News for Earbluster, <Hell is the grave> from which into which again, the wicked shall be raised; now they're dead in it; then they'll live in *it.

*Note: the grave
Yes! ...and burn, in hell, their grave for eternity. AS PER THE CHRISTIAN FAITH OF ALL TIME AND ALL TRUE BELIEVERS.
Again, do not even TRY to be smart or original; you are not -- neither smart nor original, just plain conventionally dull.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is readily apparent that you are lacking in the basic fundamentals of the doctrine of Christ.
You partially quoted 1 Timothy 6:16, of which for the moment is truth. Yes! HE is "the firstborn from the dead", that is upto His Glorious and Fiery return from Heaven.
But, you neglected the following
Rom. 2[7] To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
1 Corinthians 15:53-54

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! ...and burn, in hell, their grave for eternity. AS PER THE CHRISTIAN FAITH OF ALL TIME AND ALL TRUE BELIEVERS.
Again, do not even TRY to be smart or original; you are not -- neither smart nor original, just plain conventionally dull.
Again I ask: HOW shall the wicked dead "live" in their graves/hell?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Since "flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG", you are saying that Jesus is NOT in the KoG.
But, since that is not the case for Him, it is evident that you will have to change your false understanding, and agree that Jesus has NO blood within Him.

God Earburner decided <<"flesh..>> can but <<flesh-and-blood cannot inherit the KoG">>. Now I see! You are a Jew, the Jew in some Shakespeare play who demanded his pound of flesh ... and had to be content with getting nothing in the end. Earcreeper Blaspheemer who doesn't drive out devils but blood.

Before you go on with this, first show Scripture, <Jesus bled>. Before then this is my last exchange with you. Do you see the full stop? It's the little dot at the end

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God Earburner decided <<"flesh..>> can but <<flesh-and-blood cannot inherit the KoG">>. Now I see! You are a Jew, the Jew in some Shakespeare play who demanded his pound of flesh ... and had to be content with getting nothing in the end. Earcreeper Blaspheemer who doesn't drive out devils but blood.

Before you go on with this, first show Scripture, <Jesus bled>. Before then this is my last exchange with you. Do you see the full stop? It's the little dot at the end
Jesus was not resuscitated, He was Resurrected! Do you know the difference?

When you can think by His Holy Spirit (the Mind of Christ), and not by your natural mind, then and only then will you learn/know how powerful His Resurrection into NEW Life really IS!
His NEW Immortal Life, is now sustained by the Holy Spirit, and not by the blood of His past mortality.