Debate

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
[SIZE=.8em]Debate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]“Ye fast for strife and debate” (Isa 58:4)[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Debate did not mean simply discussion or argument, but was much nearer to its French source, [/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]débattre[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em], to beat down, c[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]ontend. “To fight, strive, quarrel, wrangle”, are listed by the [/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]Oxford English Dictionary[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em] as among its meanings now obsolete; though even now some debaters may be under the mistaken impression that th[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]e object of debate is to beat down an opponent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]I thought it timely to consider this neck of the woods and remind ourselves of the need to not beat one another down but to edify in the hope of opening a Word which gives light Ps 119:130.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Thank you all for your patience.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Purity[/SIZE]

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
You tend to come up with some strange things Purity

Now it sounds like you want to protect those strange ideas by preventing debates

When a person is incorrect , building multiple brick walls around yourself may be comforting

But you are still incorrect in the end

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Arnie Manitoba said:
You tend to come up with some strange things Purity

Now it sounds like you want to protect those strange ideas by preventing debates

When a person is incorrect , building multiple brick walls around yourself may be comforting

But you are still incorrect in the end
Not so Arnie.

Its a healthy reminder that debating these matter is essential as we must prove all things 1 Thes 5:21

But do so in a right Spirit.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Now that you have placed all that disagree with your non Biblical teaching into the category of "fools"; will you now help the "fools" to understand your deep and special understanding of the Holy Bible (God's Word); which you have special access to; so that we can benefit from your wisdom!

Your past comments state:

You do not accept the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You deny the Deity of the Holy Spirit.
You do not accept that the "shema" is reference to The compound entity; Godhead
You deny the existence of Satan.
You deny Satan tempted Eve.
You assert that only your interpretation of Scripture is valid!

This is profoundly tedious heresy; (why don't you complain to the management?)

I ask again; despite your weasel words and attempt to slide side ways by blaming all and sundry for your own devious avoidance of your own teachings;

Purity, on 24 May 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:
Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???
Floyd.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Purity said:
Not so Arnie.

Its a healthy reminder that debating these matter is essential as we must prove all things 1 Thes 5:21

But do so in a right Spirit.
I will never debate............never..........I and others bring you the truth.....

But I will give ya credit.........for standing in there...........

I keep showing you Jesus..................you keep telling me about Him......

But what is really strange....................this jesus....notice the small j :)

This jesus you tell me about all the time.............is nothing like the Jesus I know.........

And isn't it also funny..........we can use the same scriptures.

If I remember correctly...I think it might be Hebrews.....not sure...

That there is a time when we will not need to be taught by man.

Take a chicken.....lets say............and remove the chick after birth just minutes from its mother.
as it grows up...........who taught it to look up?

That's the same with Holy Spirit.....as it enters...(if ya let it)

It teaches you..........But if you don't let it naturally work in you.........ya mess it all up with your way of thinking.

It is obvious you have been taught by man....(and the wrong man I must say)......and not the Holy spirit...........and calling man's teachings...the Holy Spirit in you.

God's word (BIBLE) is alive.................live it don't just read it............

Dear Lord...I know you won't get in the way of any man's thinking.......you are a gentlemen......But... could use a little help here with Purity.......
We ask Lord..that you make yourself known to him Father.....Physically, mentally and spiritually....in Jesus' name
Actually.........let him have it.....AMEN!!!!!

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Purity said:
Yes I do Arnie, often, daily. How could not worship one so highly exalted?
Easy; there are many "false Christ's"; as our Lord said would be the case.
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
OK ... reason i asked was I thought you were JW
Arnie; in case you don't know, he has refused to answer my Questions on his teachings; Viz.

Purity said:
If only you had 39 books to support your notions but you haven't one.
I only need one; The Bible!

It states clearly that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; which is where your apostasy is!
Watching your weasel words is like reading Gen..and Satan's words to Eve; "surely thou shalt not die"!
Ahh. but of course; you don't believe in Satan do you?
That means he never tempted Eve!
That means in your "theology" God introduced temptation and evil!???
That of course would not hold water! So where now your theology?

You say you "praise God regularly"; that means (if you tell the truth), that you "worship in spirit and in truth ( Jhn.4:23-24), unless the "one" you worship, is one of those that Jesus warned would be evident (false Christ's).
You said in an earlier post that you treat the Holy Spirit in the same way as Christ Jesus; ie deny their Deity!
In that case; you cannot "worship in spirit and in truth"; as "God is Spirit"!???

Floyd.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Purity said:
[SIZE=.92em]; though even now some debaters may be under the mistaken impression that th[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]e object of debate is to beat down an opponent.[/SIZE]
Jesus told you that you would be persecuted because of him,. :rolleyes: :D

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Purity said:
[SIZE=.8em]Debate[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]“Ye fast for strife and debate” (Isa 58:4)[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Debate did not mean simply discussion or argument, but was much nearer to its French source, [/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]débattre[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em], to beat down, c[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]ontend. “To fight, strive, quarrel, wrangle”, are listed by the [/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]Oxford English Dictionary[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em] as among its meanings now obsolete; though even now some debaters may be under the mistaken impression that th[/SIZE][SIZE=.92em]e object of debate is to beat down an opponent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]I thought it timely to consider this neck of the woods and remind ourselves of the need to not beat one another down but to edify in the hope of opening a Word which gives light Ps 119:130.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Thank you all for your patience.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=.92em]Purity[/SIZE]
The definition as to how one debates is based on the ToS of this site. I personally don't agree with allowing non-Christians on Christian sites, but I don't own a site, so I can't do anything about it.
The Bible says many things about arguing/debating, and one was clearly a problem with Paul having to write in 1 Tim 2:8
The problem lies with the fact that most don't debate, they preach. Debate can only really happen when it is fully controlled and moderated. On site like this, it cannot happen as the site requires members feedback to moderate. No complaints, no moderation.
Now if someone feels they are fighting a losing cause on a site like this then maybe they should rethink being on a site like this. Passion will always raise it's head when it comes to spiritual belief, and we are for the most part, NOT like St. Francis of Assisi. IMO the strong feelings are engendered when people respond dismissively and do NOT address previous points in posts. I have been doing this for years now, and I quickly recognize those that speak from the heart and those that speak from the mind. Mental ascent is not a prerequisite for belief, it is spiritual and carnal surrender. Only then can we hope to be taught by God and drawn into His TRUTH, in His Word.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
The definition as to how one debates is based on the ToS of this site. I personally don't agree with allowing non-Christians on Christian sites, but I don't own a site, so I can't do anything about it.
The Bible says many things about arguing/debating, and one was clearly a problem with Paul having to write in 1 Tim 2:8
The problem lies with the fact that most don't debate, they preach. Debate can only really happen when it is fully controlled and moderated. On site like this, it cannot happen as the site requires members feedback to moderate. No complaints, no moderation.
Now if someone feels they are fighting a losing cause on a site like this then maybe they should rethink being on a site like this. Passion will always raise it's head when it comes to spiritual belief, and we are for the most part, NOT like St. Francis of Assisi. IMO the strong feelings are engendered when people respond dismissively and do NOT address previous points in posts. I have been doing this for years now, and I quickly recognize those that speak from the heart and those that speak from the mind. Mental ascent is not a prerequisite for belief, it is spiritual and carnal surrender. Only then can we hope to be taught by God and drawn into His TRUTH, in His Word.
I agree; this should apply to P.
Floyd.

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
StanJ said:
I have discussed this Admins.
Good Stan; I have delayed so far discussing this with Admins. as there are some good discussions here; and I don't want to make a rash decision re leaving.
Have you had a comment/decision yet ?
Floyd.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
When I use the word "debate" ... to me it means "discussion"

ie: ... debate the merits of evolution vs creation

Because we are not face to face , we must do it post by post instead.

A lot of people do not know how to discuss or debate anything , they think by posting book length posts they "win" discussions

Actually one of the best debaters on this forum is River Jordan

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
When I use the word "debate" ... to me it means "discussion"

ie: ... debate the merits of evolution vs creation

Because we are not face to face , we must do it post by post instead.

A lot of people do not know how to discuss or debate anything , they think by posting book length posts they "win" discussions

Actually one of the best debaters on this forum is River Jordan
Arnie; debate can only take place if both/all sides reply!
Floyd.