Deceived and Defiant Against the Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

As ambassadors for our Lord Jesus Christ, we have the privilege to proclaim His Gospel to an unbelieving world. It is not only a royal privilege but an awesome responsibility because those who are perishing need to hear the Gospel of Christ (Romans 10:17). Clearly, the most difficult people to evangelize are those who are defiantly opposed to the Gospel because of religious bondage and deception.

Self-Conceit Leads to Self-Deceit

As prince of this world, Satan holds undiscerning people captive with religious pride and deceitful indoctrination. When you witness to them, their stubborn arrogance exposes their willful ignorance of God's Word. Their stiff-necked self conceit leads to their unyielding self-deceit. Whenever prideful people are confronted in their self-deceit, they dig in their heels to prove they are right. A frequent example of this is when Roman Catholics are asked to repent and believe the Gospel. A common response is, "I was born a Catholic and I will die a Catholic." My reply is always the same. According to the Bible, you were born a sinner and you will die a sinner unless you repent and believe the Gospel.

Religious Arrogance Blinds People

One of the most powerful tools Satan uses to "blind the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ" is religious pride and arrogance (2 Cor. 4:4). We see a vivid example of this when "Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people" (Acts 6:8). Some arrogant Jews rose up and argued with him because they were unable to cope with the wisdom and Spirit with which he was speaking. Stephen responded, “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did" (Acts 7:51). Because of their religious arrogance, they were brutally resistant to the truth, and with gnashing teeth, they stoned Stephen to death.

Deceitful Indoctrination Creates Pride

Many Catholics are deceived into believing they belong to the one true church. This deceitful indoctrination creates a lot of pride and a strong resistance to any teaching from non-Catholics. If Catholics were intellectually honest with themselves, they would have to acknowledge that their church looks nothing like the first century church. That is because it drifted into apostasy by departing from the faith of the apostles. Paul warned that "in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Tim. 4:1). Catholics need to be warned that any teaching contrary to the written Word of God is either a lie of the devil or a doctrine of demons. Every man's teaching must be tested by the supreme authority of Scripture (2 Tim. 3:16; Acts 17:11).

Catholic Responses to the Gospel

This ministry has been engaging Catholics with the Gospel for 32 years and we have heard some incredible responses. Following are several examples.

"I could no more renounce my Catholic faith than I could gouge out my eyes! What type of people are you? You have no idea what Christ teaches! I am a proud Catholic who is also proud to say that he respects all religions that seek peace in love. I am offended by your insults! They will lead to everlasting torment!"

Another proud Catholic responded this way. "You are so misinformed it is pathetic. I have the authority of Christ’s Church. Protestant sects have nothing. I know the Church back to front and I have loved the Catholic Church since I was born."

Still another boastful Catholic said: "There is nothing in the teachings of the Catholic Church opposed to Sacred Scripture. I will ask Mary, the Queen of the Universe, to pray for you. I will offer up your soul to Her Immaculate Heart that she may present it, perfect and blameless, before God. Your ministry is inspired by Satan. The main function of the pope is to ensure that nothing is added or deleted from the Bible. The Catholic Church is the only church which takes the Bible seriously."

God's Grace Is Greater than Man's Defiance

No matter how defiantly people respond to the Gospel, we know stubborn hearts are no match for the penetrating power of God's grace. The apostle Paul was a zealous persecutor of Christians before our Sovereign Lord knocked him off his high horse and granted him repentance. One of the thieves mocking Jesus on the cross had lived a life of sinful rebellion, but in his last hour, God granted him repentance and faith in the Savior (Luke 23:39-43). These two examples of the saving power of God's grace should encourage us to never give up hope for our friends and loved ones. Knowing that God is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble, let us pray that they will exchange their pride for humility and submit to God's Word (James 4:6). Let us also pray that they will come under strong conviction by the Holy Spirit of sin, judgment and righteousness (John 16:8-11). May God be exalted and honored as He answers our prayers for His glory and the salvation of perishing souls!

J.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am curious as to how you start conversations with rc's and how you discuss the gospel with them?

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am curious as to how you start conversations with rc's and how you discuss the gospel with them?
ABC's of Effective Witnessing to Catholics
Many of the 70 million Catholics in America were born into their religion and have never examined their faith through the lens of Scripture. From infancy they are taught that salvation comes through their church as they merit saving grace through the sacraments and perform religious rituals and good works to be justified and re-justified. Roman Catholicism is often called the plus religion because of what it has added to the Gospel of grace. Catholic salvation is based on Jesus plus Mary, faith plus works, grace plus merit, Scripture plus tradition and the blood of Jesus plus purgatory. Catholics do not know that any addition to the Gospel is a denial of the sufficiency of Christ (Heb. 7:25). Any addition to the Gospel also nullifies the saving grace of God, which is the only means by which God saves sinners (Romans 11:6). Catholics, who are victims of this deception, need to be evangelized with the true Gospel of grace.

As we witness to Catholics we must persevere with patience to untangle the sticky web of religious indoctrination that holds them captive (Col. 2:8). We must follow the instructions of Paul and "not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, and correcting opponents with gentleness." We must pray for God to "grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth," that they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, who holds them captive to do his will (2 Tim. 2:24-26).

The two most important biblical principles to remember as you witness are to: 1) establish Scripture as the supreme authority for truth (2 Tim. 3:15-17) and 2) proclaim the Lord Jesus as the all-sufficient Savior (Heb. 7:25; Acts 4:12).

Following are some other important biblical principles as you witness to Catholics:

Proclaim Jesus and His Word as the most trustworthy source for truth (John 14:6; 17:17; 18:37).

Discuss how sin has condemned every man under God's righteous judgment (Rom. 3:10-18; Heb. 9:27; Rev. 20:14).

Show that the Scriptures are sufficient for knowing and understanding how to be saved (2 Tim. 3:15).

Define the Gospel and its divine power to save (Romans 1:16; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; Eph. 2:1-10).

Warn of the fatal consequences for anyone who teaches or believes a different gospel (Gal. 1:6- 9).

Show that no man or pope is infallible. Peter (who Catholics believe was their first pope) admitted he was wrong (Gal. 2:11-14).

Warn of the danger of following non-apostolic traditions (Mark 7:7-8, 13; Col. 2:8).

Explain the need to repent from what they have been doing to save themselves including the sacraments, the sacrifice of the mass, purgatory, indulgences, other mediators, good works and infant baptism. These nullify God's grace and deny the finished and all-sufficient work of Christ.

Stay focused on the Gospel, avoid going off on tangents that are unrelated to salvation (1 Cor. 2:2).

Sow the imperishable seed of God's Word with Gospel tracts (1 Pet 1:23).

Pray for their salvation (Rom. 10:1-4).

Remember that every sinner must repent and believe the Gospel to be saved (Mark 1:15). The only way to heaven is through Christ, and the only way to come to Christ is God's way - with repentance and empty hands of faith.

• Love

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As ambassadors for our Lord Jesus Christ, we have the privilege to proclaim His Gospel to an unbelieving world. It is not only a royal privilege but an awesome responsibility because those who are perishing need to hear the Gospel of Christ (Romans 10:17). Clearly, the most difficult people to evangelize are those who are defiantly opposed to the Gospel because of religious bondage and deception.

Self-Conceit Leads to Self-Deceit

As prince of this world, Satan holds undiscerning people captive with religious pride and deceitful indoctrination. When you witness to them, their stubborn arrogance exposes their willful ignorance of God's Word. Their stiff-necked self conceit leads to their unyielding self-deceit. Whenever prideful people are confronted in their self-deceit, they dig in their heels to prove they are right. A frequent example of this is when Roman Catholics are asked to repent and believe the Gospel. A common response is, "I was born a Catholic and I will die a Catholic." My reply is always the same. According to the Bible, you were born a sinner and you will die a sinner unless you repent and believe the Gospel.
Time out. What makes you think that Roman Catholics haven't repented and believe in the Gospel?

Funny how you talk about RC's "arrogance". What about your own?
Religious Arrogance Blinds People

One of the most powerful tools Satan uses to "blind the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ" is religious pride and arrogance (2 Cor. 4:4). We see a vivid example of this when "Stephen, full of grace and power, was performing great wonders and signs among the people" (Acts 6:8). Some arrogant Jews rose up and argued with him because they were unable to cope with the wisdom and Spirit with which he was speaking. Stephen responded, “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did" (Acts 7:51). Because of their religious arrogance, they were brutally resistant to the truth, and with gnashing teeth, they stoned Stephen to death.
And, your point is...?
Deceitful Indoctrination Creates Pride

Many Catholics are deceived into believing they belong to the one true church.
Um, catholic means "universal". As a Catholic, I see many members of other denominations as belonging to the "universal" church.
This deceitful indoctrination creates a lot of pride and a strong resistance to any teaching from non-Catholics. If Catholics were intellectually honest with themselves, they would have to acknowledge that their church looks nothing like the first century church.
Not too many denominations are the same as they were several hundred years ago. Catholic and non-Catholic Christians.
That is because it drifted into apostasy by departing from the faith of the apostles. Paul warned that "in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Tim. 4:1). Catholics need to be warned that any teaching contrary to the written Word of God is either a lie of the devil or a doctrine of demons. Every man's teaching must be tested by the supreme authority of Scripture (2 Tim. 3:16; Acts 17:11).
Once again...and?!
Catholic Responses to the Gospel

This ministry has been engaging Catholics with the Gospel for 32 years and we have heard some incredible responses. Following are several examples.
Incredible responses to WHAT? What questions were being asked of those Catholics who responded? Can't just give the responses without giving the prompting for those responses!
"I could no more renounce my Catholic faith than I could gouge out my eyes! What type of people are you? You have no idea what Christ teaches! I am a proud Catholic who is also proud to say that he respects all religions that seek peace in love. I am offended by your insults! They will lead to everlasting torment!"

Another proud Catholic responded this way. "You are so misinformed it is pathetic. I have the authority of Christ’s Church. Protestant sects have nothing. I know the Church back to front and I have loved the Catholic Church since I was born."

Still another boastful Catholic said: "There is nothing in the teachings of the Catholic Church opposed to Sacred Scripture. I will ask Mary, the Queen of the Universe, to pray for you. I will offer up your soul to Her Immaculate Heart that she may present it, perfect and blameless, before God. Your ministry is inspired by Satan. The main function of the pope is to ensure that nothing is added or deleted from the Bible. The Catholic Church is the only church which takes the Bible seriously."
Seems to me, from the responses that the Catholics approached may have been insulted by an inquiry. Again, the responses prove nothing.
God's Grace Is Greater than Man's Defiance

No matter how defiantly people respond to the Gospel, we know stubborn hearts are no match for the penetrating power of God's grace. The apostle Paul was a zealous persecutor of Christians before our Sovereign Lord knocked him off his high horse and granted him repentance. One of the thieves mocking Jesus on the cross had lived a life of sinful rebellion, but in his last hour, God granted him repentance and faith in the Savior (Luke 23:39-43). These two examples of the saving power of God's grace should encourage us to never give up hope for our friends and loved ones. Knowing that God is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble, let us pray that they will exchange their pride for humility and submit to God's Word (James 4:6). Let us also pray that they will come under strong conviction by the Holy Spirit of sin, judgment and righteousness (John 16:8-11). May God be exalted and honored as He answers our prayers for His glory and the salvation of perishing souls!

J.
LOL! And by thinking that *you* are right, and Catholics are wrong, makes you UN-Proud?

I am Catholic. I do NOT necessarily believe that ALL OTHER RELIGIONS are "wrong". I do NOT believe that ALL atheists will go to hell. I do NOT believe that pagan worshippers, such as Native American Indians will automatically go to hell. I do NOT believe that EVERY other denomination will go to hell.

The Bible teaches us...yes EVERY ONE OF US, NOT to judge!

And yet you have seemed to have done just that.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Time out. What makes you think that Roman Catholics haven't repented and believe in the Gospel?

And, your point is...?

Um, catholic means "universal". As a Catholic, I see many members of other denominations as belonging to the "universal" church.

Not too many denominations are the same as they were several hundred years ago. Catholic and non-Catholic Christians.

Once again...and?!

Incredible responses to WHAT? What questions were being asked of those Catholics who responded? Can't just give the responses without giving the prompting for those responses!

Seems to me, from the responses that the Catholics approached may have been insulted by an inquiry. Again, the responses prove nothing.

LOL! And by thinking that *you* are right, and Catholics are wrong, makes you UN-Proud?

I am Catholic. I do NOT necessarily believe that ALL OTHER RELIGIONS are "wrong". I do NOT believe that ALL atheists will go to hell. I do NOT believe that pagan worshippers, such as Native American Indians will automatically go to hell. I do NOT believe that EVERY other denomination will go to hell.

The Bible teaches us...yes EVERY ONE OF US, NOT to judge!

And yet you have seemed to have done just that.
You're a Catholic?

This is not judging but speaking truth, as it stands written in Scriptures and not catechisms and making a appeal to Church fathers.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jer 29:8 For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: R16Do not let your prophets and R17your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream,N1
Jer 29:9 for R18it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name; R19I did not send them, declares the LORD.

1Th 5:21 but R1test everything; hold fast what is good.

Rev 2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of R5him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, R6who walks among the seven golden lampstands.
Rev 2:2 R7“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but R8have tested those R9who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false.
Rev 2:3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up R10for my name's sake, and you R11have not grown weary.

Rev 2:4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned R12the love you had at first.

Ignorance and Pride Can Be Fatal

Tragically, the many warnings given in the New Testament about spiritual deception are not taken seriously. People are so comfort- able in their church or religion that they have no hunger for spiritual truth. Deluded by arrogance, they deny their ignorance of God's Word.
Many Christians have only a superficial knowledge of the Gospel. They know Jesus died for the sins of the world, but they don't know why He had to, or why it pleased the Father to crush Him (Isa. 53:10). They don't know the divine punishment for sin is death (Ezek. 18:4). They don't know the only way God will forgive sin (Luke 24:47; Acts 26:18; Eph. 1:7). They don't know God op- poses the proud and justifies only those who know they are ungodly (Rom. 4:5; Luke 18:9-14; James 4:6). Religious pride keeps people in spiritual darkness. Many hold to a form of godliness but deny the power (or the necessity) of the Gospel (2 Tim. 3:5). Their self-conceit leads to self-deceit and their self-righteousness damns them to everlasting shame.

Failure of Self-Examination

A major cause of self-deception is the fail- ure of self-examination. Some professing Christians go through life without ever examining their faith through the lens of Scripture. Paul exhorts us, "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine your- selves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed you fail the test?" (2 Cor. 13:5). Probably the best way to guard against self-deception is to abide in God's Word, passionate for truth and invite the Holy Spirit to bring conviction and illumination.

Man-centered Evangelism

What happened to the God-centered method of evangelism that calls sinners to repent and believe the Gospel? For the last 100 years people have been told to repeat a prayer, come forward, sign a card or get baptized to be saved. Many of them have lived with a false hope because none of these methods are found in God's Word. The deadliest deception of Satan is to convince a person he is saved when he is not. The devil's ongoing strategy is to corrupt the church by planting tares or false converts where God has planted wheat. He knows he can be more effective in attacking the church from the inside than from the outside. Jesus described tares as "sons of the wicked one." The one who sowed them is the devil (Mat. 13:38-39).

The issue is not judging these leaders’ motives. The fruit of their recommendation is questionable.

The Epistle of James reveals that God holds teachers to a higher standard of judgment: “Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.”[xi]

These leaders have great influence on the next generation. They are training the next generation of future pastors who will shepherd our children and grandchildren. Introducing them to the leaven of Thomas Aquinas is a grave issue.

“The teachings of Thomas Aquinas are the foundation of the Church’s socialistic teachings on economics, private property rights, and government social policy, but Thomas has deeply influenced the Roman Catholic Church in more areas than those just named, and he has influence outside the Roman Catholic Church as well.”[xii]

Believers need to beware and reject Thomas Aquinas even in the 21st century.

Man centered religion.
Open the link brother-freely we have received-freely we give.

J.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Catholic?

This is not judging but speaking truth, as it stands written in Scriptures and not catechisms and making a appeal to Church fathers.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1Jn 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jer 29:8 For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: R16Do not let your prophets and R17your diviners who are among you deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams that they dream,N1
Jer 29:9 for R18it is a lie that they are prophesying to you in my name; R19I did not send them, declares the LORD.

Rev 2:1 “To the angel of the church in Ephesus write: ‘The words of R5him who holds the seven stars in his right hand, R6who walks among the seven golden lampstands.
Rev 2:2 R7“‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but R8have tested those R9who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false.
Rev 2:3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up R10for my name's sake, and you R11have not grown weary.

Rev 2:4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned R12the love you had at first.

Tragically, the many warnings given in the New Testament about spiritual deception are not taken seriously. People are so comfort- able in their church or religion that they have no hunger for spiritual truth. Deluded by arrogance, they deny their ignorance of God's Word.
Many Christians have only a superficial knowledge of the Gospel. They know Jesus died for the sins of the world, but they don't know why He had to, or why it pleased the Father to crush Him (Isa. 53:10). They don't know the divine punishment for sin is death (Ezek. 18:4). They don't know the only way God will forgive sin (Luke 24:47; Acts 26:18; Eph. 1:7). They don't know God op- poses the proud and justifies only those who know they are ungodly (Rom. 4:5; Luke 18:9-14; James 4:6). Religious pride keeps people in spiritual darkness. Many hold to a form of godliness but deny the power (or the necessity) of the Gospel (2 Tim. 3:5). Their self-conceit leads to self-deceit and their self-righteousness damns them to everlasting shame.

A major cause of self-deception is the fail- ure of self-examination. Some professing Christians go through life without ever examining their faith through the lens of Scripture. Paul exhorts us, "Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine your- selves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you, unless indeed you fail the test?" (2 Cor. 13:5). Probably the best way to guard against self-deception is to abide in God's Word, passionate for truth and invite the Holy Spirit to bring conviction and illumination.

Man-centered Evangelism

What happened to the God-centered method of evangelism that calls sinners to repent and believe the Gospel? For the last 100 years people have been told to repeat a prayer, come forward, sign a card or get baptized to be saved. Many of them have lived with a false hope because none of these methods are found in God's Word. The deadliest deception of Satan is to convince a person he is saved when he is not. The devil's ongoing strategy is to corrupt the church by planting tares or false converts where God has planted wheat. He knows he can be more effective in attacking the church from the inside than from the outside. Jesus described tares as "sons of the wicked one." The one who sowed them is the devil (Mat. 13:38-39).

Man centered religion.

J.
Folks need to open the bible . Did you know the more i read the bible
the more joyous i became . AT the same time something else was occuring .
The more i read it by grace and the more i read it , The more i truly realized WHY GOD SENT THE SON
and my DIRE NEED OF HIM and HE ALONE INCREASED GREATLY .
SO greatly it increased that i actually CRIED unto the LORD to save me from my self . FROM MY OWN FLESH .
I saw myself as the monster and in dire dire dire dire need OF JESUS CHRIST like NEVER BEFORE .
It was as though torah , the pure beauty of those words by the power of the SPIRIT made me so aware
of how wicked i truly was . HOW There was NOTHING GOOD IN ME , BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD .
Folks need to open them bibles . CAUSE MANY MEN and many women are not leading FOLKS TO JESUS CHRIST
but rather to INDOCTRINATIONS of men that will not and cannot save them . REPEAT
most folks leading churches are not leading them to CHRIST at all . SURE THEY SAY WE HAVE THE KEYS
WE HOLD THE KEYS come and sit under us . BUT THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NOT EVEN ENTERED IN
and they are HINDERING all who sit under them FROM DOING SO . AND THAT IS A FACT .

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Catholic?

Yes, I'm Catholic. But Johann, you're not speaking "truth"; you're speaking opinion, which obviously differs from truth.

From my experience, MOST denominations believe they have the monopoly on "truth."

Catechisms come from Scripture and/or the Chruch Fathers. The Catholic Church is NOT Sola Scriptura, and nothing in the bible says it should be.

Man-centered Evangelism

Man centered religion.

J.
I get where you're coming from. I just think it's the wrong place.

The Bible teaches us HOW to relate to God and our fellow man. God doesn't expect our "worship" of Him to be us on our knees, waving our hands in the air, while ignoring our fellow human. He doesn't expect animal sacrifices for atonement of sins. Christ did that FOR us, so we don't have to. He offered up himself as the sacrificial lamb, once and for all. Right?

But to Catholics, it doesn't mean that ALL of our sins are automatically forgiven.

I dunno. Kind of hard to explain.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm Catholic. But Johann, you're not speaking "truth"; you're speaking opinion, which obviously differs from truth.

From my experience, MOST denominations believe they have the monopoly on "truth."

Catechisms come from Scripture and/or the Chruch Fathers. The Catholic Church is NOT Sola Scriptura, and nothing in the bible says it should be.

I get where you're coming from. I just think it's the wrong place.

The Bible teaches us HOW to relate to God and our fellow man. God doesn't expect our "worship" of Him to be us on our knees, waving our hands in the air, while ignoring our fellow human. He doesn't expect animal sacrifices for atonement of sins. Christ did that FOR us, so we don't have to. He offered up himself as the sacrificial lamb, once and for all. Right?

But to Catholics, it doesn't mean that ALL of our sins are automatically forgiven.

I dunno. Kind of hard to explain.
yeah the the Watch tower can say the same thing . You got to sit under us to know truth .
The problem is , a lot of them so called church fathers , GOT STUFF DEAD WRONG pardner .
SEE they twisted the scrips , AS DO many others within even the protestant realm .
BIBLE TIME .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Read the post.
And, your point is...?
Read the post.
Protestants and other denominations are outside the RCC-we are heretics and need to come home, partaking of the Eucharist.
Happy to share the link.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Folks need to open the bible . Did you know the more i read the bible
the more joyous i became . AT the same time something else was occuring .
The more i read it by grace and the more i read it , The more i truly realized WHY GOD SENT THE SON
and my DIRE NEED OF HIM and HE ALONE INCREASED GREATLY .
SO greatly it increased that i actually CRIED unto the LORD to save me from my self . FROM MY OWN FLESH .
I saw myself as the monster and in dire dire dire dire need OF JESUS CHRIST like NEVER BEFORE .
It was as though torah , the pure beauty of those words by the power of the SPIRIT made me so aware
of how wicked i truly was . HOW There was NOTHING GOOD IN ME , BUT THE SPIRIT OF GOD .
Folks need to open them bibles . CAUSE MANY MEN and many women are not leading FOLKS TO JESUS CHRIST
but rather to INDOCTRINATIONS of men that will not and cannot save them . REPEAT
most folks leading churches are not leading them to CHRIST at all . SURE THEY SAY WE HAVE THE KEYS
WE HOLD THE KEYS come and sit under us . BUT THEY THEMSELVES HAVE NOT EVEN ENTERED IN
and they are HINDERING all who sit under them FROM DOING SO . AND THAT IS A FACT .
Brother-you said it well.
Stay strong in Christ Jesus
J.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
J.
We gonna point to CHRIST and all sound biblical doctrine my friend .
Too many have come throught the generations and have said WE HOLD THE KEYS
come and sit under us . ONLY to find out they have no desire FOR HE WHO DOES HOLD THE KEYS
but rather their kingdom come their will be done .

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
yeah the the Watch tower can say the same thing . You got to sit under us to know truth .
The problem is , a lot of them so called church fathers , GOT STUFF DEAD WRONG pardner .
SEE they twisted the scrips , AS DO many others within even the protestant realm .
BIBLE TIME .
Yup partner-now more than ever.
Love you brother.
J.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
J.
Most desire the glory and pre eminence . Lambs simply POINT TO HE WHO IS WORTHY OF SUCH .
You gonna see real quick the difference between men who KNOW CHRIST
verses men who simply desire a following . Men whose love is for CHRIST , POINT TO CHRIST
men whose love is for their own glory will at most only point to some things he taught
and even some of those things they do contradict to serve the one they love above all , THEMSELVES . that too is a fact .
And most love self over GOD and thus they want to hear the things that glorify man and his own heart
Verses the TRUTH that sets us free and GLORIFES GOD , CHRIST ALONE above all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIBLE TIME .
No. I think "we" got it wrong too, Amigo.

Look, even as a Catholic, I don't subscribe to ALL Catholic teachings. But I don't think the church father's/teachings are deliberately trying to mislead us. Oh yeah, I get the whole, "Don't eat meat on Friday...thing" as somehow being sinful, and that others outside of the denomination ask, "Why?"

But those people don't really get the 'why' of it.

I'm a sinner, Amigo. And so are you. And so is almost EVERYONE. The church father's MAY have gotten SOME stuff "dead wrong."

But they also got some things "dead RIGHT."

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Most desire the glory and pre eminence . Lambs simply POINT TO HE WHO IS WORTHY OF SUCH .
You gonna see real quick the difference between men who KNOW CHRIST
verses men who simply desire a following . Men whose love is for CHRIST , POINT TO CHRIST
men whose love is for their own glory will at most only point to some things he taught
and even some of those things they do contradict to serve the one they love above all , THEMSELVES . that too is a fact .
And most love self over GOD and thus they want to hear the things that glorify man and his own heart
Verses the TRUTH that sets us free and GLORIFES GOD , CHRIST ALONE above all .
All comes down to this-intellectual knowledge versus being taught by the Holy Spirit.
To God alone be the glory and let every man be found a liar and God alone be justified.
Shalom brother.
J.

• Love

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All comes down to this-intellectual knowledge versus being taught by the Holy Spirit.
To God alone be the glory and let every man be found a liar and God alone be justified.
Shalom brother.
J.
And the Holy Spirit teaches us NOT to judge...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. I think "we" got it wrong too, Amigo.

Look, even as a Catholic, I don't subscribe to ALL Catholic teachings. But I don't think the church father's/teachings are deliberately trying to mislead us. Oh yeah, I get the whole, "Don't eat meat on Friday...thing" as somehow being sinful, and that others outside of the denomination ask, "Why?"

But those people don't really get the 'why' of it.

I'm a sinner, Amigo. And so are you. And so is almost EVERYONE. The church father's MAY have gotten SOME stuff "dead wrong."

But they also got some things "dead RIGHT."
That is the problem with many .
Even a brock clock IS DEAD RIGHT twice a day .
IF the doctrine contains truth and lies , I DONT HEED IT at all .
That is the one common thing amonst men and all religoins . I challenge you to see it .
Even muslims , buddists , atheists , and etc , AINT ALWAYS WRONG pard .
NO false prophet teaches ALL LIES . they always teach some truths but bring in the lies .
THEY GET DISREGAURED . YET , yet if we read the letters of the apostels , the gospels and the rest of scriptures
WE SEE TRUTH . THAT right there is the KEY .
See , it was written long ago that satan himself can appear as an angel of light
SO CAN HIS MINISTIRS APPEAR as MEN of righteousness . THEY DONT always lie . more often they speak truths
but bring in the lies . THAT IS HOW THEY DECIEVE my friend . they can appear lamblike
but watchout . THEY can speak truths , can quoate scrips too , SO CAN SATAN . but beware for they do twist things
and do so unto their own destruction as well as the destruction of those who sit under them .
My advice , and i say this with great love , Leave that place and never look back . More so
i want you to FIRST get into the bible . You read that for yourself . Keep reading it .
In time , for it has happened before and often , your eyes will become more open .
THEN you will begin to try and correct those within your church etc .
SOON enough YOU WILL FLEE IT . just as others have done so through all ages . AND PS
it aint just the RCC , THE PROTESTANT REALM has sucked up the lie too . most have anyway .
SO , i encourage you to start fresh today . Really get in that bible . really read and keep reading
the gospels , the letters of the apostels , and all . The more you do , the better off you gonna find yourself .
I am only looking out for the peoples . Cause i actually DO LOVE the peoples and thus i DO desire NONE to perish .

Reactions: Marvelloustime