Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the exponential rise of defenders of homosexuality in the world, I cannot help but wonder how it is that many who claim to be of the Christian community can defend this lifestyle so fervently. I suppose I will never be able to understand why anyone who claims to be a Christian can feel comfortable defending that which God has condemned.
One issue for Christians is that "homosexuality" is a new word in the english language and does not have the same intention in scripture.

A second issue is this:

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

A third issue is how we are instructed to treat our neighbors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many thing's that the body defends that do not line up with the Will of God! This particular subject is no longer deemed unacceptable due to the world's view of being politicly correct. Love the soul, not the sin, and make no compromise for the act! For if we except the behavior then we will be one who has joined in with the sin !

The sin as described in scripture is fornication and promiscuity.
Being married before, I am no less guilty.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the exponential rise of defenders of homosexuality in the world, I cannot help but wonder how it is that many who claim to be of the Christian community can defend this lifestyle so fervently. I suppose I will never be able to understand why anyone who claims to be a Christian can feel comfortable defending that which God has condemned.

Acting like Jesus would act? Is that a valid excuse?

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you suppose Jesus would respond to the homosexual lifestyle?

1. Statistically speaking, he met 100's of gays on His journeys.

2. And you bring up the exactly correct point.
Scripture was referring to fornication and promiscuity alone.
His disciples were appalled that He treated all sinners the same.
Even they did not understand why he did not condemn "the worst of humanity."
At one point, he has a gathering at a Tax Collectors house. The Tax collector
could have been gay for all we know. Not every gay is known to the public.

3. How I think Jesus would act, has no bearing on the value of people acting as
they think Jesus would act. The Holy Spirit acting in my life will not make me
perform identical to how you will act.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of
his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees:
man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you suppose Jesus would respond to the homosexual lifestyle?
he would respond in love same way as woman caught in adultery neither do i condemn thee GO AND SIN NO MORE there is pardon grace mercy for all including the homosexual .if they turn to God from a true heart ,,not head ..we should not be mean to them i work with a lady that is married to her lesbian mate ..i say hi to her i joke with her i consider her a workmate/friend .but Christians has to say the lifestyle is wrong but also show how to correct the wrong.. what good does it do to say your going to hell. if you dont show the escape route ==through the cross jesus way truth life. welcome them with open arms into your church just like the drunk the drug addict ..i my self am a convicted felon growing marijuana on federal land.. i was given mercy and grace . we have show a better way better example . we plant the seed water it GOD through the Holy spirit gets the increase

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Statistically speaking, he met 100's of gays on His journeys.
And you bring up the exactly correct point.
Scripture was referring to fornication and promiscuity alone.
sin is sin romans 1 says it is a abomination we stand on that show them how to turn from they chose the life style

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sin is sin romans 1 says it is a abomination we stand on that show them how to turn from they chose the life style
Scripture was referring to fornication and promiscuity alone. Not the modern "H" word that is used there.

Even analysis of the original text used explains that it is modeled after lustful behavior.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand Jesus' compassion toward the sinner. Just like the woman caught in adultery, he told her to go her way and stop sinning. Can I approach the homosexual in the same way in telling him or her to stop sinning?

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand Jesus' compassion toward the sinner. Just like the woman caught in adultery, he told her to go her way and stop sinning. Can I approach the homosexual in the same way in telling him or her to stop sinning?
in love yes sir but i warn you they think they are ok so the holy spirit has speak conviction

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are God, for sure.
Note that Jesus, in your provided example, does not identify any sin, suggest repentance, nor does he explain how she should act. All of which fits the definition of sin exactly:

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in love yes sir but i warn you they think they are ok so the holy spirit has speak conviction

When did you become qualified to judge?

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can forgive you for your mistake, yes.

Romans 2:1-3
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges.
For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because
you, the judge, practice the very same things.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become
accountable for all of it.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was compassionate to sinners but he also required them to stop sinning. The idea that continuing in the sin of homosexuality (or any other sin for that matter) is acceptable to God is as foreign to scripture as it can possibly be. We are to be deeply offended at such behavior.

Reactions: Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did you become qualified to judge?

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
are you saying they can be lgbt and born again christians to? when i speak saying what the scriptures say i am not the judge.. just stating the violation .are you familiar with the watchman in ezekiel if the watchman fails to warn there blood is on his hands.......................

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you saying they can be lgbt and born again christians to? when i speak saying what the scriptures say i am not the judge.. just stating the violation .are you familiar with the watchman in ezekiel if the watchman fails to warn there blood is on his hands.......................

Under the old, obsolete 1st covenant, the watchman was needed. Jesus now fills that role.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not (even) look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not (even) look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
Surely, you can understand that this text is not addressing behavior. It is clearly defined in the text what he is referring to. He is talking about physical appearance - height and stature. He is not talking about character or behavior. It is true that as men, we are not the judge but, as Christians, we do have the responsibility of declaring to the world what the Judge has decreed regarding sinful behavior. We are simply the messengers.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely, you can understand that this text is not addressing behavior. It is clearly defined in the text what he is referring to. He is talking about physical appearance - height and stature. He is not talking about character or behavior. It is true that as men, we are not the judge but, as Christians, we do have the responsibility of declaring to the world what the Judge has decreed regarding sinful behavior. We are simply the messengers.
Behavior is the outward appearance or what you see. You are disqualified as an observer of sin in others, just as I cannot judge your sin.
Even Jesus did not identify sin as men would observe it.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Now, If you welcome my judgment of all your sins that I can see, then you are treating others the same as you would wish to be treated.
(Assuming you feel your judgment is welcomed.)

Last edited: