Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the old, obsolete 1st covenant, the watchman was needed. Jesus now fills that role.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not (even) look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
your theology is to far out in left field for me...all i can say is a totally disagree with you

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you really know better than that. All you are doing is trying to find some way to rationalize sinful behavior. If that is what you are doing, I have no intention of wasting my time with you. We have a clear mandate from the Lord regarding our responsibility to the sinner.
"If any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins." James 5:20-21. This requires confronting the behavior.
"I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one." 1 Cor. 5:13. This requires separating ourselves from those in the body who engage such things.
There are may other such passages but if you will not believe these, then the others will be of no benefit to you either.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When did you become qualified to judge?

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

We are only told to judge individuals within the church (see 1 Corinthians 12-13). In fact, we have a responsibility to judge them. God is the judge of those outside the churches. But, we are also told to be "salt and light" in our culture--thus, denouncing sin in general.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you really know better than that. All you are doing is trying to find some way to rationalize sinful behavior. If that is what you are doing, I have no intention of wasting my time with you. We have a clear mandate from the Lord regarding our responsibility to the sinner.
"If any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins." James 5:20-21. This requires confronting the behavior.
"I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one." 1 Cor. 5:13. This requires separating ourselves from those in the body who engage such things.
There are may other such passages but if you will not believe these, then the others will be of no benefit to you either.

All passages where the writer is not treating others the same as they would wish to be treated themselves, fails to be from a mature Christian.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All passages where the writer is not treating others the same as they would wish to be treated themselves, fails to be from a mature Christian.
LOL...Are you suggesting Paul and James were not mature Christians? Sounds to me like you are passing judgment on these two apostles yourself.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds to me like you are judging your uncle according to his behavior. Isn't that what you have been telling us not to do.

Every family member has the same opinion, but indeed, Jesus is the final judge of his behavior.
If I accept your methods, then my uncle is in Hell. But I don't accept the external judgment
of you or anyone else as to what God sees in the Heart.

Reactions: Helen

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...Are you suggesting Paul and James were not mature Christians? Sounds to me like you are passing judgment on these two apostles yourself.

Paul's conversion story is very unique. As in, completely unique. As in, missing some components people claim are needed for conversion.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every family member has the same opinion, but indeed, Jesus is the final judge of his behavior.
If I accept your methods, then my uncle is in Hell. But I don't accept the external judgment
of you or anyone else as to what God sees in the Heart.
That doesn't seem to stop you from judging his behavior.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's conversion story is very unique. As in, completely unique. As in, missing some components people claim are needed for conversion.
The uniqueness of Paul's conversion does not subtract from the fact that what he wrote in ALL of his letters was from the Holy Spirit.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The uniqueness of Paul's conversion does not subtract from the fact that what he wrote in ALL of his letters was from the Holy Spirit.
I think it does. Motivation is a key ingredient.

I have another rule of thumb in this analysis.
God's Holy Spirit does not depend on one writer for His Key truths.
A bunch of Paul's writings fail this test.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Typical strategy of homosexual activists in the churches--undermining the Apostle Paul so that they can try to convince Christians that they don't have to pay attention to Paul's condemnation of homosexual behavior in the churches.