Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lady Crosstalk said:
You are being ridiculous--when did I ever say that we are removing members "who have IMPURE THOUGHTS"?? You make things up and then you respond to what you have fabricated. Pathetic.

SkyWriting said:
Here you claim Jesus has demanded you to personally purify your group:

Lady Crosstalk said:
I attend a house church and I know all of the other members very well. There are no adulterers, alcoholics or divorces among us. It is not MY goal to have a purifying church--the Lord Jesus demands it.

I seriously doubt she even realized what she actually said.

I'm fully aware of what I said. If you have a problem with it--please spell it out instead of taking vague potshots. The devil accuses those who are in Christ. I said that there are no adulterers, alcoholics or divorces at present--but if one should come in who struggles in those areas, we would do everything we could to help him/her walk free in Christ. What I said is merely the truth in contradiction to the accusations of "Skywriter" who today claims that we are all murderers and cannibals. :rolleyes: I would watch the company I keep, Willie.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Grandparents both went to Church of the Brethren, then my parents met through church events.
None were strong attenders. Part of the churches past is the "Quakers" who preached fire and brimstone
and shook or trembled when preaching, and become known as the Quakers.
We get no steady income from the oatmeal though.
Quakers are pacifists.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter seemed to have a much different attitude toward the writings of Paul. "...and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:15-16. Or do also regard Peter's opinion of no value as well?

You are the worse kind of hypocrite. You teach that others should not condemn that which God has already condemned - homosexuality, and then you condemn that which God has sanctified - the scriptures. I think you and I are done here, I am not going to waste any more time with you. Αυτό είναι το τέλος της συνομιλίας ἡμῶν.

You are the worse kind of hypocrite. You title your thread Defending Homosexuality then you complain that somebody does just that.
And you even Run way! from the discussion that you choose to start. But I am certainly willing to spend more time with you after you catch your breath or whatever old hermits do.

Romans 13:9
For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Sadly for your campaign of hate, my neighbors are gay and God talks about then a lot.

Luke 10:29
But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Exodus 20
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Galatians 6
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 10
Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

Romans 15
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the worse kind of hypocrite. You title your thread Defending Homosexuality then you complain that somebody does just that.
And you even Run way! from the discussion that you choose to start. But I am certainly willing to spend more time with you after you catch your breath or whatever old hermits do.

Romans 13:9
For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Sadly for your campaign of hate, my neighbors are gay and God talks about then a lot.

Luke 10:29
But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Exodus 20
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Galatians 6
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

1 Corinthians 10
Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.

Romans 15
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
I find no problem in the title. It is addressing the issue of those who defend homosexual.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have to say there really is no defense of homosexuality, whatsoever. Is there every reason to defend and protect the human beings caught in that trap? Yes! Though not "unconditionally." But, that is another subject entirely.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do have to say there really is no defense of homosexuality, whatsoever. Is there every reason to defend and protect the human beings caught in that trap? Yes! Though not "unconditionally." But, that is another subject entirely.

And I explained why there is. Most gays have no interest in living in Sodom or that lifstyle....and scripture ONLY refers to those who did, or those who wish to live like that. There is a sprinkling of immature adults who want that life, but most gays do not. Scripture is only referring to those who do.

It is my job to defend them.

And I've show why it is my job:

Romans 15
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. (not unconditionally)

Galatians 5
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”(not unconditionally)

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.(not unconditionally)

Galatians 6
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.(not unconditionally)

And I certainly would like for my neighbors to defend my choice of spouse,
personally and legally. I appreciate why you think others views are wrong.
Really, I do.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find no problem in the title. It is addressing the issue of those who defend homosexual.
I have no problem with the title either. That's why I'm addressing the issue. Thanks! I would think that was why the old guy posted it....but he has run away from his thread he created. It's an unusual response.

Reactions: Nancy

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not to associate with one in the Church who is such a person, why would we be willing to accept one into our midst as a brother who is such a person and has absolutely no intention of repenting of such a lifestyle? Before becoming a Christian, one must be willing to repent and leave the old man of sin behind. If not, then there is no conversion, only the pretense of conversion.
Because you are no less guilty, that's why.

James 2
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point
has become accountable for all of it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I explained why there is. Most gays have no interest in living in Sodom or that lifstyle....and scripture ONLY refers to those who did, or those who wish to live like that. There is a sprinkling of immature adults who want that life, but most gays do not. Scripture is only referring to those who do.

Romans 15
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. (not unconditionally)

Galatians 5
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”(not unconditionally)

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.(not unconditionally)

Galatians 6
Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.(not unconditionally)

Really, I do.
None of your verses defend homosexuality.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem with the title either. That's why I'm addressing the issue. Thanks! I would think that was why the old guy posted it....but he has run away from his thread he created. It's an unusual response.
Who says he ran away from it?

You have no idea what he is dealing with in his life.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting that three out of the four quotes you have cited are in the OT. Yes, we are not perfectly just as God is, but we have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and the Mind of Christ.

I can fix that, just for you:

Luke 6
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Matthew 7
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 4
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 2
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

James
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

John 8
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

John 3
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

James 4
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

EACH passage above links direct to the context.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 15

Galatians 5

Galatians 6

Really, I do.
The term "legally" you just used has nothing at all to do with God's law. It is nothing but a perversion of His law that men have crafted to live apart from following His law. "Having no other God" means having no other law but the one He handed down.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can fix that, just for you:

Luke 6
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Matthew 7
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 4
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 2
Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?

James
If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.

Titus 3:2
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

John 8
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

John 3
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

James 4
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
And the Bible says Judge justly.

You judge every day. We all do. It is part of life.

How you are posting is a judgment on others.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who says he ran away from it?

You have no idea what he is dealing with in his life.

Yes, I'm beginning to think that "Skywriter" is only here to antagonize Christians. He certainly expresses a lot of self-righteousness--he thinks he is superior to Christians who find open, flagrant sin offensive because it offends their holy God.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm beginning to think that "Skywriter" is only here to antagonize Christians. He certainly expresses a lot of self-righteousness--he thinks he is superior to Christians who find open, flagrant sin offensive because it offends their holy God.
I have not had a lawyer contact with pacifists denominations.

But what I have shows that they shopping cart the Bible to defend peace at all costs thinking.

They are all like a certain member we well know here.... Love love love love love God is only love.... Defend everyone no matter their sin..... Love love love love.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Bible says Judge justly.

You judge every day. We all do. It is part of life.

How you are posting is a judgment on others.

Mostly offering scripture for evaluation....so no.

And providing reasoning for my claims that my gay neighbors are not Sodomites, which are the only gays being referred to in scripture.

Romans 13
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

People CLAIM that my neighbors are Sodomites. But unless they personally got AIDS from one of them, then they are making wrongful accusations.

1 Samuel 16
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Last edited: