Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly offering scripture for evaluation....so no.

And providing reasoning for my claims that my gay neighbors are not Sodomites, which are the only gays being referred to in scripture.

Romans 13
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

People CLAIM that my neighbors are Sodomites. But unless they personally got AIDS from one of them, then they are making wrongful accusations.

1 Samuel 16
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
But the Bible says a lot more on the topic then you are indicating.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not had a lawyer contact with pacifists denominations.
But what I have shows that they shopping cart the Bible to defend peace at all costs thinking.
They are all like a certain member we well know here.... Love love love love love God is only love.... Defend everyone no matter their sin..... Love love love love.

Actually C.O.P. chant about "Peace" in their songs, not love.
But you have a good imagination going there. You are trying.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly offering scripture for evaluation....so no.

And providing reasoning for my claims that my gay neighbors are not Sodomites, which are the only gays being referred to in scripture.

Romans 13
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Matthew 19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 6
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

People CLAIM that my neighbors are Sodomites. But unless they personally got AIDS from one of them, then they are making wrongful accusations.

1 Samuel 16

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”
I'm afraid that when God said "a man" was not to have sex with "a man", there was no mention of them being from a certain town (Sodom) or living a certain lifestyle (wild debauchery).

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid that when God said "a man" was not to have sex with "a man", there was no mention of them being from a certain town (Sodom) or living a certain lifestyle (wild debauchery).

There are a couple passages that do not. Most all do.
The ones that do not are ABSOLUTELY referring to sex outside of marriage......I'm sure you can guess why that is.

And unless the writer themself, was involved in the sex act.....how else WOULD they know
if the sex was not flagrant and outside of marriage and included more than one sex partner ...for life?

More than one sex partner for life is an abomination to God.

So if the writer is referring to men sleeping together....they are
not referring to the two guys running the local bistro, who end up
at the same home that evening.

Then are referring to the promiscuous men having sex outside of marriage. That's duel sins, right there.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a lot going for you, SW, but you seem obsessed in overlooking obvious violations of God's law simply because your neighbors are easy to get along with.

I also have both a lesbian couple and a male homosexual couple as neighbors. I get along fine with both couples. In fact, the "male" of the lesbian couple does all our painting, and has for decades. But, they all know I don't uphold the way they are co-habiting. And I would defend any of them on just about any other subject where I thought they were being wronged.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ones that do not are ABSOLUTELY referring to sex outside of marriage......I'm sure you can guess why that is.

And unless the writer themself, was involved in the sex act.....how else WOULD they know
if the sex was not flagrant and outside of marriage and included more than one sex partner ...for life?

The Bible says man laying with man like a woman and a woman laying with a woman like a man is an abomination.

Adultery and fornication are different sins between a man and a woman.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So if the writer is referring to men sleeping together....they are
not referring to the two guys running the local bistro, who end up
at the same home that evening.

Then are referring to the promiscuous men having sex outside of marriage.

It is kind of simple. The Bible tells us "marriage" is between a man and a woman.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says man laying with man like a woman and a woman laying with a woman like a man is an abomination.

Adultery and fornication are different sins between a man and a woman.

In most passages it gives details. In that one if refer to a man switching to a man from a woman.
Depending how you read it, It might be referring a man sleeping with both at the same time, a threesome.

But even if not, it is till referring to sex outside of marriage. The sin is the same for Hetero couples.

More than one sex partner during (married) life is an abomination to God. The sin is the same for Hetero couples.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is kind of simple. The Bible tells us "marriage" is between a man and a woman.

It is this kind of simple. Would you, Do you want to marry a lesbian?
Would you want your daughter to marry a gay man?

Have you considered the consequences? I dated a
woman who later had a marriage to another woman.
Would I consider her for marriage again, as she wanted for me back then?
( and again later)
I would not.

I'd much prefer that lesbians marry each other than my sons.
I think that would bring better lives for everyone.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In most passages it gives details. In that one if refer to a man switching to a man from a woman.
Depending how you read it, It might be referring a man sleeping with both at the same time, a threesome.

But even if not, it is till referring to sex outside of marriage. The sin is the same for Hetero couples.

More than one sex partner during (married) life is an abomination to God. The sin is the same for Hetero couples.
But, homosexual pairs can never be married. It is not provided for in the law.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nowhere is switching from a man to a woman mentioned in the Bible.

As already pointed out marriage is between one man and one woman.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Nowhere is switching from a man to a woman mentioned in the Bible.

2. As already pointed out marriage is between one man and one woman.

I don't expect you to have gone over this topic as much as I have.

1. This covers the topic of "Switching sides."
The mention of switching sides automatically includes
- More than one sexual partner for life - an abomination
- Sex outside of marriage - an abomination

Romans 1
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.

2. Do you want to marry a lesbian? How about one of those "converts" from #1?
Do you want to marry a former lesbian who has switched sides?
Do you want your lesbian daughter to marry a gay man?

Having lived in a gay neighborhood for 20 some years, gays are the least sexually active of people. As far as I can see anyway. No signs of lust. Most gays are not interested in Lust running their lives.

The vast majority of gays are not the people the scriptures are referring to.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your particular town might have a wall around it then.

First off, Christians are subject to local government laws:

1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3:1
1 Timothy 2:1-3
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13:7
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1:5
Romans 13:4
Proverbs 21:1
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29:2
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28:1-68
Daniel 2:21
John 19:10-11
Colossians 1:15-17

Second. Yes.

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down all state bans on same-sex marriage, legalized it in all fifty states, and required states to honor out-of-state same-sex marriage licenses in the case Obergefell v. Hodges.

US Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Is Legal in 2015

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That was true in scripture.
so
because of that
All forms of sex outside of marriage were an abomination to God.
Including all same sex relations.
- More than one sexual partner for life - an abomination

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

In fact, God expresses disapproval of transvestitism (men pretending to be women and women pretending to be men). How much more would He oppose "trans-sexualism"? And now we are confronted with "trans-humanism"! :eek: I don't even particularly know what that is (and probably don't want to know) but it sounds awful. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your particular town might have a wall around it then.

First off, Christians are subject to local government laws:

1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3:1
1 Timothy 2:1-3
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13:7
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1:5
Romans 13:4
Proverbs 21:1
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29:2
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28:1-68
Daniel 2:21
John 19:10-11
Colossians 1:15-17

Second. Yes.

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down all state bans on same-sex marriage, legalized it in all fifty states, and required states to honor out-of-state same-sex marriage licenses in the case Obergefell v. Hodges.

US Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Is Legal in 2015
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!

This is a complete "feel good" (probably Democrat-based LOL) blinding of yourself to what the words of the Bible say. We are to obey men's laws only insofar as they reflect The primary law of God. This is shown time and time again in the Bible.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

As already pointed out marriage is between one man and one woman.

"Skywriter" is deceived--or maybe not deceived but trying to deceive Christians. He is trying to sell the notion that loving one's neighbors extends to approval of everything they do--even if it is an "abomination". He is a false teacher--"a ravening wolf". But, there have always been those who try to lead the Church astray. I have put him on "ignore". Would that all of humankind had put false teachers on "ignore"--starting with the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Reactions: oldhermit

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With the exponential rise of defenders of homosexuality in the world, I cannot help but wonder how it is that many who claim to be of the Christian community can defend this lifestyle so fervently. I suppose I will never be able to understand why anyone who claims to be a Christian can feel comfortable defending that which God has condemned.

As a Christian who tries to hold to the truth of Scripture I agree with you. What I've found however is that if you try to claim that lifestyle is wrong you can get some vehement reactions. So I don't excuse it nor do I go around condemning it. Not saying my way is right but I've just found that the older I'm getting I don't feel it's my place to say anything. It's between that person and God. I don't agree with the gender fluidity they're teaching youngsters, nor do I agree with having a man in drag reading stories to preschoolers. I think then is the right time to speak up. Of course each situation is different. I recall a man telling me that he went into the mens room and had another man attempt to get with him. The problem with that type of sin is that they don't always keep it to themselves - they seem to want to convert others to their lifestyle. We see it pushed but when you look into it the illuminati is pushing this lifestyle.