Delirious?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RND

May 30, 2007
(jodycour;13598)
I like the new Toby Mac song also!Really a toe tapper! or maybe a stomp!
TobyMac Exposed!(Sings Devil's music in Jesus' name)by David J. Stewart

RND

May 30, 2007
(jodycour;13598)
I like the new Toby Mac song also!Really a toe tapper! or maybe a stomp!

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
(Wakka;13173)
Flyleaf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zL3dqdxUg
Uh, hmmm. Either I am a bit too old, or something. It gives me the creeps. Well, I tried, anyway.(RND)
Music it the only vehicle by which a man that does not desire anything from Satan can still be influenced by Satan. Rat poison is 97% good incredients that are good to eat and only 3% of it is fatal.This is the same danger of CCM.
Your contention is that all CCM is Satanic?Also, I don't agree about the Music is the only vehicle thing. I find art very powerful. Also the mastery and control of concepts and idea flow in writing.

RND

May 30, 2007
(B'midbar;13731)
Your contention is that all CCM is Satanic?
Most, not all. Maybe 97%.
Also, I don't agree about the Music is the only vehicle thing. I find art very powerful. Also the mastery and control of concepts and idea flow in writing.
However, in certain situations, one has no control over the music they hear or that might be forced upon them, where in the other media you mentioned (not to say I disagree with your premise), the ability to deny the media before it is digested is generally left intact.Music also has the ability to work simultaneously in both hemispheres of the brain, whereas other media does not.

RND

May 30, 2007
(Wakka;13173)
I like Underoath and Relient K. Haven't heard delirious yet.And some I have just recently discovered:The Benjamin Gate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdfhMtBxkD8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMhNpqpdtXsFlyleaf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zL3dqdxUgBoth of which have female lead singers
wink.gif
I don't see Jesus in this at all.

alaskadrifter

Jun 23, 2007
I'd have to say some of my favs. are Thousand Foot Krutch, Kutless, and Skillet. Many more though, my taste is somewhat varried. Rock does NOT kill, it is the secular message(s). It is the same with many other beautiful things that the Devil has twisted to his use. Doesnt mean you have to like it, I for one dont like all Christian music. God has wired us all differently, and we should respect that.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(RND;13600)
I am on the same page with you brother.Satan was in charge of music in the Heavenly sanctuary and it was part if His worship to God.Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: Music it the only vehicle by which a man that does not desire anything from Satan can still be influenced by Satan. Rat poison is 97% good incredients that are good to eat and only 3% of it is fatal.This is the same danger of CCM. Is some of it meant to be good? Is some of it meant to be wholesome? Is the road to hell paved with good intentions?
I guess your whose opinion on music and it's role in the body of Christ!

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(RND;13728)
Yes, I agree. That there are some so called Christian Artist that are false prophets.That's why it is so important to have a discerning spirit!Jesus did say that He would let the tares grow up with the wheat so that the wheat would not be damaged.Music in itself is not bad or good. Words are either bad or good.I do appreciate the website that you directed us to, that was a good article.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
I Agree... You have to be very selective of what you listen to. As you are with your food (hopefully).With that said - not all 'christian' music is really a Godly music. It can be called 'cristian' for bussiness, promotion, etc. purposes. But I always lokk at what the motivation is, what the message is, even style matters alot. If they are trying to praise God in a very unpleasing or rebelious way - it's not write in my eyes. I don't (personally) like too much rock. Soft rock, christian rock, is fine with me, but when you try to turn something really heavy into worship - I'm not so sure it works that way.